• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
At the very least, there needs to be somewhere the community can discuss this.

It's not a US government, Hylian is correct. It's a god**** dictatorship. As a community - if we chose to instead rule ourselves with regional reps. instead of BBR members - that is our choice. If the BBR/Staff refuse to let such discussions ensue, it only further shows their tyranny... it makes them look bad.

We can't discuss bans (especially MK's), and now we can't even dicuss changing how the rules are created that our community follows. If the regions themselves, rather than BBR members, created rulesets. I'm sure we'd see many changes that the community wants. Not the BBR.

Community > BBR

'Nuf said.

Life

Smash Hero
Really, it's not the BBR you have to convince, it's the TO's. (And the foot happens to already be in the door, thanks to Raziek)

BBR = influence, not power. Although I'm sure you've gotten that one.

SuSa

Again, it's the diversity and lack of communication between TO's that gives the BBR powers.

In fact, the BBR need not exist if TO's were able to reliably communicate with eachother and eachothers communities to comprise their own official rules. But there is currently no method to do so.

See the problem?

Life

Smash Hero
If the TOs are having trouble communicating, whose fault is that?

There's nothing stopping them from making an "Official TO Communication Thread"... might take a little admin work to keep it clear of spam (possibly a "National-level TO" usergroup would work better?) but eh.

SuSa

What do you think my CH thread was going to turn into?

Also TO's may have the say-so in rules, but the community influences their decisions. We need reps, not TO's, to discuss each region. Unless people trust their TO to give their stance on things.

Also where would this thread be located? How would discussions on multiple topics take place in one thread?

We need a forum at the very least, not a thread.

Life

Smash Hero
Again, if TO's aren't talking to each other... that's their fault. Although I applaud your attempt to get them to talk more, it's technically not your responsibility to do so.

They have a couple options: PMs (autofail, since there's too many TOs to handle it that way easily), a thread (most likely too cluttered/spammy), their own Smashboard (will require some admin involvement), their own outside forum (will die because it's not part of SWF)...

Seems like the separate board is the best way to go.

I'd recommend speaking with Raziek in particular as he seems to be the most open-minded TO on the forum (that and he's already banned MK in Nova Scotia). I'm just a random, heh.

SuSa

It completely isn't my responsibility to, however I want to see a close-knit community... or two. I honestly think many of the dying smash scenes may hop onto my CH idea and work out rulesets with eachother to try and revive their smash scenes to best fit their communities and band together closer to make OoS tourneys be smoother since they share a ruleset.

I'm already working on getting admin involvement, and I want to push for a 1 year test at the very least for this. The BBR has had nearly 9 years? to develop. The CH could at the very least get a year to try and get established on work on a change. Very little will be done, but any improvement shows it's working.

I know Raziek is like that, and I'll be sending the more open-minded TO's to discuss with their communities about the CH idea.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
What a shame, I've yet to get the Classic Collection, and the Rush series. Don't own a PSP, probably never will, and nothing else from that list is a huge loss.

:093:

Life

Smash Hero
SATSR and Unleashed should have stayed, both were excellent IMO. The rest are fine (I'll miss original Riders, but it kinda overstayed its welcome).

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It's just Sonic 1-K.
Good lord knows I've played those games half to death as is.
Not a necessity. It'd be nice to have, but that's all.

Just nice.

SuSa

This place has become my vent thread, I feel bad.

Oh, I'm having fun making this by the way:

The following are posts made by BBR members, at some point in time, regarding MK.

I found these posts by doing an advanced search with each users name, searching every post for the word "meta". I tried to find every post that seemed to do something with MK's ban/brokeness etc. Obviously there are many posts that refer to him as "MK" and I didn't actually read every post because that's just a stupid amount of posts. Feel free to do what I did if you really want more accurate results.

Please take note at what date a post was made - I did not organize the posts in order of date. This can let you see how the BBR changed their minds as time progressed, or kept the same feelings.

Please take this with a huge grain of salt.

Dekar gets an honorable mention for stating why MK needs to be officially banned by the BBR. This same idea is upheld 18 months later.
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7238757&postcount=2449

∫unk said:
Ban MK to boost viable chars
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7996891&highlight=meta#post7996891

Obviously pro-ban
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7895019&highlight=meta#post7895019

Joel said:
Alphican said:
Count said:
Look at tournament results..
Because Meta Knight isn't leading by nearly x2 2nd place, and x4 3rd place.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9298321&highlight=meta#post9298321

Notes that Mk shuts down Mario, least he realizes this:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9020858&highlight=meta#post9020858

Sonic mains have to be way better than MK mains to win
Replace "sonic" with any other character...
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7167204&highlight=meta#post7167204
Gallax said:
SMASH G O D said:
Nothing to quote.. =|
Hylian said:
Showing results 1 to 50 of 1000
=| Stop saying/quoting "meta" so much Hylian... :093:

Admits obvious fact:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11333066#post11333066

Okay.. I give up looking for quotes by him.... paraphrasing him though:

"I don't think MK should be banned."

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I don't think anyone particularly cares what you've changed the thread into. Besides, we all love SuSa, right?

SuSa

Awwww, I feel loved. :3

Now then... I can't make any more usergroups. =\ I'm also unsure if I'm allowed to quote/paraphrase the response I recieved from Hylian in the SS...

Basically if I want this CH thing to happen, I need to make a usergroup - get people involved, and start contacting TO's. Run it entirely on my own shoulders and convince people to follow the CH instead of the BBR....

Yea... this is going to be one helluva challenge..

Tesh

Smash Hero
Lol, SEGA, its too late to hide your failures.

What do they really think they can accomplish by doing this? They probably want to release all of this junk as some sort of Sonic Fail Collection for the Wii HD.

Also its absurd that the mods can stop you from discussing things just because the BBR had a vague official stance posted about it. From now on we should all refer to metaknight as "he who must not be named".

The disappointing thing here is that 90% of pro-ban from '09 just walked away with their tails between their legs. Despite all MK ban polls coming out with a noticeable sway towards pro-ban, the anti-ban back room (ABBR from now on) has declared victory on the debate and clearly they will silence anyone who suggests that the topic is up for discussion?

So yea

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I'm also unsure if I'm allowed to quote/paraphrase the response I recieved from Hylian in the SS...
I'd ask a senator/administrator if you could, but in my opinion I don't think you should :ohwell:

Were you around here when I was a super moderator, btw?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Depends on the kind of "like" you're going for.

If you're gonna oggle, then yup I'd classify that as furry. If you're just looking at Rouge like any other fictional character going, "She's cool," then you skip out on the being furry part. Or thinking that Amy's cute in that innocent fan's perspective kind of way.

Browny

Smash Hater
fine ill do it coz you dont want espy to start it again.

a furry = an anthropomorphic character.
If you find the idea of an anthropomorphic characters cool, then you are interested in 'furry' characters
If you are interested in 'furry' characters to a stage where you would not care about them if they were human, you could probably be called a furry.

Simple example. If say knuckles was simply a human who wore red clothes, had normal red hair and wore spiked gloves, would he be interesting?
Random example
Would you read the comics, play as him in games etc if he was like that?

If you ask me, if people would prefer that a certain character retains their animalistic properties over a pure human form, you could call that 'furry'.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Hmm... Suppose that 'furry' is often classified with more lewd imagery or interests in them. That's how a lot of people look at it, at least.

If being interested in 'furry' characters was simply just an interest, and you could be called one without that derogative implication behind it, it wouldn't be so bad.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Hmm... Suppose that 'furry' is often classified with more lewd imagery or interests in them. That's how a lot of people look at it, at least.
That's the generalized stereotype, of course. It's not necessarily lewd, if at all.

If being interested in 'furry' characters was simply just an interest, and you could be called one without that derogative implication behind it, it wouldn't be so bad.
The only people still walking around and using it as a derogative, frankly, are those that still don't seem to understand it, or do it just for the sake of hating something.

Whatever helps them sleep at night, I guess.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz all furries are baddiess zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
They all look like the same guy dressed in different costumes...
...and don't have noses.

It's creepy.

Edit: Awesome, I was able to name them all, except for the last one.
Though for some reason, I kinda wanna say it's Dark Gaia, but I know I'm probably wrong.
I've seen an illustration style like that before I just can't remember who/what originated it. I got most of them. Mainly, the really obvious ones like the first 4-5 rows and then I just scoped around named the others. Unless anyone has played Sonic Shuffle, they probably wouldn't be able to I.D Void and Lumina. <3 Sonic Shuffle. Oh yeah, the last one is Iblis. There's a list under the pic that tells you them in order.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I've seen an illustration style like that before I just can't remember who/what originated it. I got most of them. Mainly, the really obvious ones like the first 4-5 rows and then I just scoped around named the others. Unless anyone has played Sonic Shuffle, they probably wouldn't be able to I.D Void and Lumina. <3 Sonic Shuffle. Oh yeah, the last one is Iblis. There's a list under the pic that tells you them in order.
Iblis would make sense, I guess.
Kinda obscure though. The color scheme is way too general.

Top Bottom