• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SF:E - Eugene, Oregon (July 27, 28, 29) - Mission Complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
My laptop was sent to Eugene today (I've gotta stay here and clean), but I will post results as soon as I can. I'm taking a break from cleaning to post this on the office's computer.

Lost & Found:
A dark-blue backpack. I think this is Buzz or Foos' since it has an X-box controller in it. Someone lemme know who's it is, because I'm very sure you'll want it back.

A black shaving bag. It's also got a Sonic (non-hedgehog) toothbrush in it, so I hope I can get it back to the owner soon. It was in close proximity of the above backpack, so I think the owner might be the same.

Blue T-shirt with a shark. It's an Oregon Swim Team shirt or something. I have no idea who's this is.

Idaho's controller.

If no one claims the above items, I'm going to throw them in to my Treasure Room where I will sleep upon it with half an eye open.

brdy_

Smash Lord
That shirt is mine Timmy :( :(

EDIT: And I'd like it back cuz I like it, it's almost brand new, and my girlfriend got it for me.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Hey everyone,

I just want to thank all of you for showing up. I also want to apologize for all the kinks that inevitably crop up during big events like these, and for sure I want to thank everyone who helped me out.

James - thanks for helping with the rankings so that I could get something to eat and play my matches.

t0mmy - thanks for setting up, cleaning up, and laptop stuff.

Alaska & Idaho - Big thanks for helping with the chairs and tables. That would've taken a lot more work if I had to do it alone.

Shin - thanks for the apple juice on day three, everyone loved it.

Ronin & Digital Watches - thanks for helping find stuff at the store.

Thanks to: everyone that cleaned up after themselves/others.

Out of Staters - Thanks for coming. Meeting people from so far away always makes events so much cooler.

Here's a shout-out to those cool smashers I don't get to see very often, but came to SF:E - Master of Chu, Toshoni, Foosjr, Binx, and of course OC George.

And I just want to say one more thing before I get back to cleaning:

Smash is a fun game. A great game. But a game can only be as awesome as the people who play it, and I'm happy that you guys are all so awesome because it makes for some of the best times of my life. I'm glad everyone had a blast and we all kept a positive attitude, even in the thick of competition.

Remember: play hard, appreciate your opponent, and no johns.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Shoutouts

James- Mwhhahaha. I wouldn't have made you pay me anyway, I just wanted to record a set >=[

Jesse- HAHAHAHHAHAHA. Thanks for letting me use your headphones.

Lunaris - Good sets, they were fun. Can't wait to hang out in WA. =D

Captain Alaska - GGz, your fox is good at defensive play.

Jem and Jamie - Good times, and thanks for taking me. You guys should have done better.

Timmy - Good sets, good kirby.

Tommy - Good sets, alright shiek. Stick with pichu. >_>

DMS - Good sets, no johns. =D

Jem.

Smash Master
Shane - Was cool going with you there. Good ****, and good job getting 1st in doubles, 2nd in singles. 0-4 against the ladies = me :[

Jamie - Thanks for taking us and stuff :D

Lunaris - You're pretty cool, our falco dittos werent that.. Friendly.. Towards me. I'm glad I learned Alaskan's 7th Secret so fast. You're really good.

Uhh, anyone else that was cool and not trying to pose and say cool washington phrases (Digital Watches.. Never say **** yeah again) good games and come to Gameclucks August 11th in Washington.
DMStudios - Cool set, no johns plz.

Digital Watches

Smash Ace
Shoutouts:

Rage - ****, you need to get better! You only four-stocked me like... five times out of seven matches we played. :S

Venusgospel - Onehanded peach threestock, lulz.

Binx - Shut the **** up.

Bart - Man, you should come up more often. Way to be like... awesome AND really good at smash. One or two dollars well spent on MMs.

Tudios - You need to teach me how to play like... everyone I play :dizzy:. Very cool talking to you, and how'd you get so good at so many characters?

Juce - Dude, quit taking buttons off your controller. If you want a challenge, learn another game too.

T!mmy - Lol, smash DI -> Wall tech. OC3 was good to you, man.

T0mmy - I'll have my REVENGE next tournament! Zelda ditto MM?

T(!)mmy - Come to Evo! Registration for low price actully goes to the 31st.

James - Thanks for driving me home despite my terrible, terrible directions. Good games and REALLY good smash/fighter theory discussion, I just wish I had gotten to play you more this time.

Um. I'm probably foregetting a ton of people, but I'm under like... ridiculous painkillers so don't get offended as my brain isn't quite working properly.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
****, wish I could have gone.

Actually, between playing smash with a myriad sweaty guys and gettin my freak on with a myriad soaked in sweat sexy-as-**** honeys while two robots work the lights and sound, I'll take the latter. ;D

Eggz

Smash Hero
oh

Digital Watches - ur wierd

Rage - Me and i believe Jesse thought you were a girl every time you walked downstairs. Good work I think xD

Brady - Yayuhhhz good ****, cya in WA

Bart- Yayuhhhz good ****, cya in WA

T0MMY

Smash Master
SF:E Shoutouts!

Teh Shoutoutz0rz:

t!mmy: better than OC3. Hope all the work you were doing didn't hurt your game performance too much.
BUT NO JOHNS ON THE MONEY MATCH! After you work out how much you lost on the tournament I want my $100. And everyone wants that MM on YouTube pronto.

Idaho (Gnosis & The Chancellor): I love OoS Smashers, that really shows some dedication to the game/community. I hope OR was gracious enough hosts and you had a good time to warrant the long drive.

Washington (Eggz, Jem, Jamo): Washington is always crazy good at Smash, glad to see their first appearance at a Eugene event. Eugene has all the great events, too bad it's farther from Washington than Portland is. Eggz, glad you're dropping Mario for a better character, I'll keep up my Pichu, but my Sheik is pretty good for the month I've been playing her off/on. She is too kool for skool, her and Pichu got me 2nd seed (almost first) at OC3, w00t.

Alaska (Captain Alaska, TheCatPhysician, Lunaris): It was a real honor to have Alaska at one of our Smash events. You guys definitely were stars of the show, California needs to step it up now, especially since they're bordering OR, geez. Good matches! We'll see you as often as we can.

Shin: No johns, son. You couldn't compete much, but you managed to get into some of the events, plus the apple juice made up for you not being there. Everytime you teched one of Juce's standing-A attacks you should have pressed your Easy Button. Lolz. You sure showed Fox what G-dorf is made of! You could have had the double-Fox team if you didn't KO your partner and edgehogged when you had a chance, lolz!

Tudios: Pikachu sucks, lololololol. You are the luckiest smasher ever. Green Greens sucks!

Ronin: Dr. Mario sucks, lololololol. I hope your mom didn't think you were drugged up and getting gang *****. roffelz.

Toshoni: Ya'a'te! Your only fault is that you don't show up to these events so we can hang out more. I think I heard you went and saw the Simpsons movie by yourself. WTF, you should have taken me with you. You probably won't read this, so I'm going to say I am the best Native American Smasher, Karuk 4tw haha X^D

Dame Desu: It was nice seeing you at a Eugene event, keep practicing that Peach, and remmeber, D-Smash is too good!

Kenpachi: Sheik is the coolest, I should show you my ninja shoes sometime. I also have needles. I just need the chain whip...

Fooziez: I pwnt you at Smash 64, how did that happen? I hope you're at every Smash event I attend because you're too cool and I'm too cool to attend Halo events.

Buzz: You had Fooz lose to me at Smash 64 on purpose so I'd think I was good enough to beat you and you'd MM for all my worth, that was the plan, wasn't it?

OC George: Everyone loves you, what more can I add? GJ 2-0'ing everyone in the Power Ranking.

Minh: I'm glad you recovered from your lacerations and internal damage you received from your Asian parents for bringing dishonor to your ancestors, enough so that you could make it to one of the best OR Smash events. We should go up to Corvallis more and hand out and play Smash sometime.

Binx: w007zies for you! I never get to see you much, glad you could make it. I call Minh and you Minx and Binx because (no reason).

Grants Pants: You all wear grass pants, haha. Brdy, stop playing Peach, she's too cheap. You look like a Young Link player to me. Bart, how can you tell where people will be and what to do before they do it? 2gud.

Random Springfield guyz: You should have stayed longer, I would have more to say.

Random other guys I didn't get to play and hardly saw much of: Who were you? You should have stayed longer too.

Gresham 6: Why are there never six of you? You guys are getting considerably better! I hate Peaches, but I'm getting over that.

J-Rad: Where were you? No johns, boy.

Kevvviiinnn: Change your name to something that will strike fear into your opponents' hearts, something like Darkfire, then get a ride to Eugene from your mom and remind her to call you Darkfire.

I would do more shoutouts but my wrist is in intense pain so I'd better stop.

So, everyone else: t!mmy's post is perfect about what we're doing. Underground community of fun and competition! 2gud, GG, no johnz, mindgamez 4tw and see you all soon!

Balloon

Smash Lord
Great tournament. I had so much fun with everyone, and considering how nice the venue was in terms of both sleeping 'quarters' and the availability of a shower, I suppose I better do some lengthy mentions this time around.

T!mmy: Thank you so much for being such a nice guy all the time and being a gracious host. I really appreciate the efforts you put into being in the supportive role that you are in.

T!mmy's mention # 2: Hey, if you could do me a big favor and upload all the matches of me onto whatever, I'll pay you this fall for each match. It should only be like four matches or so (and therefore four bucks xD).

T0mmy: I'm not sure how I can know where people will be and stuff. I'm working at it to be even better though.

Ronin: Good matches. Also, pretty sure that's my ledge, not yours.

Tudios: Good money matches man. Playing with you is always fun.

Shin: Always a great time playing with you man. Your Ganon has definitely improved since the last time we played xD. Next time I'll make sure Andy comes.

Cmin: I'm glad you were able to at least show up for the second day. I was so happy for you making third in teams, because I know lately you've been pretty discouraged. So congrats on that. Hope to see more of you this fall.

MCS: **** you if i see you on aim i'm going to cuss you out

Brdy: good convos lets play smash sometime lolz. also, l2lowtier

Toshonni: Remember when you were up to par with me and played the game more? You should play more and become up to par again. Also, wtf @ your adventure. Oh, and you're not going to read this.

Andy: F TOSHONNI MIRITE

Eggz: You are funny and dumb.

Jem: Good friendlies and all that jazz. You were pretty cool.

Jamo: Same application.

Captain Alaska: L2 lose 2 me.

Lunaris: Yeah, I felt like being a nice guy and letting you win so you'd have some sort of money to help cover your expenses for your trip.

CatPhysician: Great money match man. The ending was too **** good.

Digital Watches: I don't care what people say, I like you.

Rage: I don't care what people say, I think you're cool and not a girl.

Rage's pal: What was your name lolz?

Robotnic: I HOPE THE TRIP WAS WORTH IT. WAY TO CHOOSE BATTLEFIELD AS YOUR STAGE IN RANKINGS WHEN YOU PLAY LUIGI WTF.

Koji: Sorry that I didn't play a lot of friendlies later saturday night with you Koji. I got super tired and wanted to hang with my pal Jesse. Next time though I promise I'll play with you some more. You're pretty good. Stick with it.

Roa: So like, when we first started playing I thought you were super pissed off about something cause I was joking around and laughing and you were barely even making any noise. Then, later that night, you seemed happy and fun. So yeah, lol @ that. You're pretty good. Stick with it.

Rest of Gresham: Good to see you guys again. I hope you all feel like you've gotten better and are learning. Don't get discouraged.

James: You have no idea how impressed I was with some of the **** you were doing in your money match. I wish you'd play like that more often instead of johning out. I KNOW YOU HAVE THE POTENTIAL!!!!

Jesse: love you. Don't sandbag.

Jason: DUDE DON'T START **** WITH STRANGERS YOU ****ING RACIST *******. oh you're pretty cool too xD

OC George/Foos/Buzz: Sorry I didn't get to see more of you. You all just sorta hung out in that small room by yourselves. Foos, next time I won't play my Fox against you ;).

Ratking: wait why didn't you come?

Anyone I missed: I'm glad so many of you showed up. The more smashers, the better. By far the best tournament in Oregon history (except for TANG 12.0), and mostly because of smashers like you. Keep up with it.

0m3n5150

Smash Journeyman
i went all three days and didnt participate in anything! im lame! woot!
i didnt meet many people, so not many shoutouts.

digital - fun times, id like to play that jiggs again lolz
tudios - thanks for that hot dog man! =P
t!mmy - good job for hosting the thing and putting up with my dilemna
Snoodude - had a great time playin, teamin, and trainin with ya
anyone else who noticed the new guy: had a great time when i was there.

timmy you must get that MM up on youtube =P

Master of Chu

Smash Cadet
I suck at shoutouts, but I do have a couple.

Timmy/Tommy: You guys really know how to put together a great tounament. I had a lot of fun, and hopefully I'll get a chance to attand another Smashfest soon.

Everyone who vs'd me with Sheik: Sheik sucks! :p

James: Best fall and neer nut shot ever! Anyone who didn't see it missed out on somthing great.:rotfl:
By the way how are your kidneys doing?

brdy_

Smash Lord
hi guyz i'm finally getting around to doing my shoutouts yaya

T!mmy: You're an awesome host and thanks for being so nice the whole weekend, I've heard it's hard being host ;) Be sure to hold that shirt for me (the blue one with the shark that says "Bandon Oregon Swim Team"

T0mmy: Good matches, you're a lot better than I remember, your sheik is so hard to play against

Ronin: Good match and Peach isn't a *****.

Tudios: Ur cool and I like playing you

Shin: I told andy about what you said and he was like "Ah, if I remembered Shin was gonna be there it would've made me want to go even more!"

Cmin: Awesome job in teams

Dirthead/Balloon./Bart: good convos lets play smash sometime lolz. also, l2hightier

Toshonni: Thx 4 coming and 4 money matching me lolz ggz

Eggz: We can MM at Dan I swear

Jem: ggz and I hope to play with you more when I go back up to Washington

Jamo: Ur pretty kool & good, I like fellow Peach players

Captain Alaska: Ur good at avoiding everything I throw at you

Lunaris: PIRATE YEEEAYUH

TheCatPhysician: Close tourney match phew

Digital Watches: Ur really little looking and you have long hair

Rage: Thanks for the compliments ;) ur not bad urself

h8st: Your name doesn't even make sense, is it supposed to be "HATEST" or "HASTE"? Oh well. Good friendlies, sorry you hate Peach.

Robotnic: Why did you leave? In fact, why did you come? Were you surprised about how good everyone was or wut??? I love when that happens.

Koji: Your tech skill with Falco is good, just practice more and learn to do the right things at the right time. Soon your button pressing will become natural

Roa: GJ beating me in that ranking thing lol

Peach Masta: No. Just no.

Other long haired Gresham guy: Lol @ Celestial Princesses

James: thx 4 fries and chicken things

Jesse: lolz hi ur cool

Jason: I still think you should've climbed that one light pole.

OC George: way to be really freakin cool

Foos: Play more.

Buzz: Play more, but play Yoshi less

Ratking: wait why didn't you come?

Anyone I missed: I'm glad so many of you showed up. The more smashers, the better. By far the best tournament in Oregon history (except for TANG 12.0), and mostly because of smashers like you. Keep up with it. (Copied what Bart said XD XD XD)

T0MMY

Smash Master
More Shoutouts:

Snoodood: Snood is that gross fleshy part of a turkey's neck. Did you know that? I think people eat it at thanksgiving in america or something like that. Gross. hahaha

Master of Chu: I wanted to do some team matches with you as my partner. MaChu Pichu is too good! Next time we're Smashing together don't be so reclusive, k? Teamz with me. Also, I will play Sheik against you until you figure out how to not get grabbed X^)
(I think you can get out of the chaingrab around 70% poor Pichu will just get chaingrabbed until there's nothing left to grab a hold of).

H8ST: Yeah... name change... I keep thinking you are Hate Street. Keep up the practice with R8GE, I mean, Rage.

Rage: Like the name Rage isn't more generic than Ace? heh heh. I like how t1mmy calls you Johnny Rage. Sounds like an F-zero character, which is, coincidentally, what you play.

Aftermath: I missed out on your fall. I was hoping you'd drown or something when we went swimming. I'm sure I'll witness some kind of incident at some point, haha.

Ratking: You should have brought Dawg with you and left all the Johns in Celwood.

Digital Watches: I will gladly MM your Zelda as long as you drink lots of caffeinated beverages. Also, I have to say you look more like a girl than Rage does. Next time we're putting you two in lingerie and standing you out on the street corner and see who attracts the most customers (all money earned will be donated to our Zelda MM).

ALASKA: YOU TOOK MY LIBRARY CARD I WANT IT BACK! It won't do you much good in Alaska, so no use trying to escape over the border with it. I hope there's a roadblock waiting for you.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Here are the results of the Ranking Tournament

1. Lunaris
  2. Balloon
  3. Captain Alaska
  4. Eggz
  5. t!mmy
  6. Brdy
  7. Jem.
  8. t0mmy
  9. Juce
  10. Tudios
  11. Rage
  12. Cmin
  13. Venus Gospel
  14. Binx
  15. TheCatPhysician
  16. Aftermath
  17. Kenpachi
  18. Jamo
  19. Peach Masta
  20. Roa
  21. Toshonni
  22. Ronin
  23. Master of Chu
  24. Gnosis
  25. Ryan
  26. Digital Watches
  27. Jason
  28. Koji
  29. Damedesu
  30. Jank
  31. Chancellor
  32. Mongoose
  33. H8ST
Ties
Tio doesn't list ties in the results, but here are the players with an equal win-loss ratio:

Balloon & Captain Alaska (53-13)
Brdy & Jem (47-19)
Juce & Tudios (42-24)
Rage & Cmin (40-26)
Aftermath & Kenpachi (32-34)
Jamo & Peach Masta (29-37)
Ronin & Master of Chu (23-43)
Gnosis & Ryan (21-45)
Digtal Watches & Jason (20-46)
Koji & Damedesu (18-48)
Chancellor & Mongoose (7-59)

LT- Doubles
1: Problems Problems Problems (Lunaris + Cat Physician)
2: Cassowary (Tudios + DW)
3: Rage against the macShin (Rage + Shin)
4: Super Smash Twins (t!mmy + t0mmy)
5: The Pain Train (Sam + Daniel)
5: OC George and Toshoni (George + Toshoni)
7: FB (Foos + Buzz)
7: Team Potato (Perrin + Andy)
9: White Chocolate (Koji + Roa)
9: Dirty Brdy (Bart + Brdy)

LT- Singles
1: Lunaris
2: Tudios
3: Balloon
4: Rage
5: t!mmy
5: t0mmy
7: FoosJr
7: Captain Alaska
9: Chancellor
9: OC George
9: Roa
9: Ronin
13: Buzz
13: Brdy
13: Toshonni
17: Gnosis
17: Koji
17: Digital Watches
17: TheCatPhysician

Doubles
1: Cash Money (Lunaris + Eggz)
2: Team Rocket (Aftermath + Juce)
3: Team Sons of the East (DMStudios + Cmin)
4: Super Smash Twins (t!mmy + t0mmy)
5: Dirty Brdy (Bart + Brdy)
5: They Dont Know About The Captain & They Forgot about Dre (Daniel + Cat Physician)
7: McCrew (Rage + H8ST)
7: Cowboy Comet (Chancellor + Gnosis)
9: FB (Foos + Buzz)
9: The Damens (Jamo + Jem.)
9: Celestial Princesses (Gage + Ryan)
9: Power Thirst (Binx + Jank)
13: White Chocolate (Koji + Roa)
13: Worst Team Here (OC George + Digital Watches)
13: Shinaroni (Shin + Ronin)
13: The Red Team (Kenpachi + Damedesu)
17: Falchu (MoC + Jason)

Singles
1: Lunaris
2: Eggz
3: Captain Alaska
4: Juce
5: Balloon
5: Aftermath
7: Brdy
7: Jem.
9: t!mmy
9: t0mmy
9: Tudios
9: The Cat Physician
13: OC George
13: Digital Watches
13: Jamo
13: Venus Gospel
17: Victor
17: Snoodude
17: Nik N.
17: Master of Chu
17: Dan J.
17: Rage
17: Gnosis
17: Ronin
25: Nick R.
25: Jason
25: H8ST

T0MMY

Smash Master
There were some questionable recordings. I saw I was recorded 1-1 vs some players I 2-0'd, and I remember you saying sometimes it changed to a 1-1 because of some glitch or something, so I'd suggest double checking everyone's score.
Also, I don't remember playing some people like Mangoos, Victor, Buzz, and Fooz. I was kind of out of it for a few hours and probably missed playing some of the people that left early.
And how are we going to handle Shin's scores? He had to work that day.

Kenpachi

Smash Apprentice
I know the scores are iffy and all that great stuff, but i tried to crunch the names and get the list for Oregonians only, but I couldn't identify a few people. Are:

Roa
Toshonni
Ryan
Jason
Jank
Chancellor
H8ST

in state or out of state?

Thanks!

~Kenpachi

brdy_

Smash Lord
And I probably would have had 5th if I hadn't not tried for the first half of mine. But honestly, who cares? I don't think many good Oregon players were taking this entirely too serious anyway.

Kenpachi

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the tip Brdy_.

I wish i could say i didn't try... though my technique was kinda "under construction" and all those johns, haha. No Johns, just room to improve. Great tournament everyone!

Be sure and show up for OSU Smash Fest III this Fall! Anyone care to drag Riot there? Tch, he's avoiding my rematch.

Later,

~Kenpachi

brdy_

Smash Lord
After thought -- doesn't the person with more 2-0's get ranked above the other if they share an equal Win:Loss ratio?

Jem.

Smash Master
I would have had 4th if I didnt skip about 6 people. I know for sure I didnt play OC George, Timmy, and half the guys that just camped the upstairs room and probably said they 2-0'd me.

Jem.

Smash Master
I dont care if you place Brdy higher than I did in that Rankings, it was long, tedious, and I didn't play everyone, and he 2-0'd me in pools. So if it means something to you guys, you can put him above me in pools since he 2-0'd me.

We tied in pools and singles :O

brdy_

Smash Lord
Yeah lol. And honestly the ranking thing doesn't mean jack **** so I wouldn't worry about it, lol.

Ronin686

Smash Ace
I should have done way better in rankings too but you don't see me *****ing about it.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I'm suprised at the number of johns that crop up after results are posted. I know you guys are above such things. Determination is a big factor in skill, so if there's a match you "didn't try" in, it's reflected in the win/loss.

With the "Ranking Match" option, though, everyone will have a chance to try harder, play better and improve their ranking.

And how are we going to handle Shin's scores? He had to work that day.
He was not ranked since he didn't show up, thus N/A.

I should have done way better in rankings too but you don't see me *****ing about it.
Quoted For Truth.

NOTE:
If you did not play agianst anyone, it would have been recorded as a loss by TIO's default (0-2), but I changed all those to splits (1-1). I figured this would be more fair than having both players automatically lose out on any possible wins.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
I don't see how I was tied with Kenpachi, I went 1-1 with everyone, which means I should have been 33-33 W/L, not 32-34. I probably would have placed way better if there weren't mis-recordings such as that.

But yeah, I'll do shout-outs after I eat.

Kenpachi

Smash Apprentice
someone wanted a tournament thread? this early? I guess I'll go make it, but place and time are not going to be there ><... i have to get that all worked out with OSU. and I'm in Cedar Hills...

I agree with Aftermath, especially since he should have 2-0'd me, haha.

I'll get on that thread

~Kenpachi

To avoid a double post, here it is! Register early people!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2676315#post2676315

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom