• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SF:E - Eugene, Oregon (July 27, 28, 29) - Mission Complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash

Fri/Sat/Sun of July 27th, 28th, 29th

Please pre-register
Post here and let me know if you are confirmed or have a john. Also let me know the name of anyone you're bringing.

Overview:
I want everyone who comes to this summer's SF:E to have a lot of fun and not put too much focus on who takes first place in Singles and how much money they make. Yes, there will be Singles (and Doubles) and money for the winners, but I'm broadening the focus of this event, and here's how:

Ranking Tournament
See how you stack up to the competitive smash scene. In this Round Robin event you will get a chance to play each other player and ranked on overall wins-loss. Placement in this tournament will also be used for seeding in OSM events.

Super Smash Dodgeball-!-!-!
We're making time for some fun in the sun as we go to the park and vie for victory with some good old fashioned Dodgeball action!

Food and Prizes
I will make sure to have food and refreshments available for everyone. On top of this, I'm going to brainstorm some fun ways of winning prizes. Actually, I'll get t0mmy to do that since he's good at it.

Venue's Location
The Patrician
3522 Gamefarm Road
Springfield, OR
(541) 737-7911 {Ask For Evonne/Leave Message}

Friday
Morning: early arrivals welcomed
4:00p - Friday Registration
5:00p - Low Tier Doubles
7:00p
- Low Tier Singles

Saturday
12:00 p - Registration
1:00 p - Ranking Tournament begins
3:00 p - Doubles Tournament begins
6:00 p - Super Smash Dodgeball-!-!-!

Sunday
11:00 a - Registration
12:00 p - Singles Tournament Begins
3:00 p - Fin.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please bring Wii/GCN & TVs
I'd really like there to be 1 TV for every 2 players to maximize gameplay and speed along tournaments.
Let me know if you are bringing any equipment so I can take it into account ahead of time. The Finals matches of each tournament will be recorded and uploaded to YouTube.

Equipment List

TVs
  • t!mmy
  • t0mmy
  • Ratking x2
  • Idaho
  • Peach Masta
  • Aaman4567
  • Jayce
  • Foosjr
  • VenusGospel
  • Ronin686
  • Snoodude x2
  • Roa
  • Bart
GCN/Wii
  • t!mmy
  • t0mmy
  • Ratking
  • Idaho
  • Peach Masta
  • Aaman4567
  • DMStudios
  • Binx
  • Cmin
  • 0m3n5150
  • VenusGospel
  • Ronin686
  • Snoodude
  • Roa
  • Bart
VCRs
  • t!mmy
  • Ratking
  • Jayce
  • Bart (+tapes)
Entrance fees
Friday - $5
Saturday - $10
Sunday - $10

Prize Money Distribution:
LT Singles - 45% of Friday (60/40 split)
LT Doubles -
45% of Friday (Winner Takes All)
Singles -
90% of Sunday*
Doubles - 90% of Saturday (60/30/10)
House Cut -
10%
*Guaranteed $100+ for 1st place Singles.

A note on the House Cut rule:
This money will not be going into my pocket. I will be putting this money back into the event for food and prizes. Anything I don't use I will add back into the tournament cash pot.

BYOC (Bring Your Own Controller), as usual.
(see next post for tournament rules)

------------------------------
Food & Housing
------------------------------
Eveyone is welcomed to sleep anywhere you can find room. Please bring a blanket/pillow, or at least a warm sweater.

I will be providing food for everyone. If you have any food requests, please post and let me know. Please refrain from bringing dead animals.

Food Request List
Goldfish Crackers
Bosc Pears
Pretzels
Pasta
Milk (not the smasher)
Soda (root beer, grape soda, pepsi, sprite, Dr. Pepper)
pasta/pizza/mexican
Asian cuisine of unspecified origins
Soup and Sandwiches

---------------------------------------------------
Current Roster of Attendees
(give a shout if you're not confirmed)
---------------------------------------------------

S-Oregon
  • t!mmy
  • t0mmy
  • DMStudios
  • ~Shin_Ganondorf~
  • Ronin686
  • Snoodude
  • Balloon
  • Brdy
  • Gun
  • Kenpachi
  • Om3n5150
  • Trigger34
  • Andy?
  • Sodapop +friends?
  • Doc Holiday?
  • Wikipedia?
N-Oregon
  • Aftermath
  • Juce
  • Foosjr
  • Venus Gospel
  • Cmin
  • Rage (+crew)
  • Zodiac
  • Binx
  • Sun
  • Moon
  • Koji
  • Roa33
  • aaman4567
  • erik ause
  • Breck?
  • LoyalDeceit?
  • Jayce?
  • Banzai?
  • Master of Chu?
  • Foxisthemaster?
  • Smokingya?
  • Yoshibro01?
  • Yoshibro002?
  • Yoshibro0003?
  • Digital Watches
Not Oregon
  • Ratking
Washington
  • Eggz
  • Jem.
  • Jamo
  • Dr. Robotnic & Team mate
Idaho
  • Gnosis
  • +???
Alaska
  • Lunaris
  • The Cat Physician
  • Daniel
California
  • Delphiki?
  • Delphiki's Brother?
? = Unconfirmed/Maybe

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
SF:E Ruleset
________
Singles
------------

Match: 4 Stock
Time Limit: 8 mins.
Item Setting: None

Random Select stages
  • Final Destination - Special Stages
  • Battlefield - Special Stages
  • Yoshi's Story - Yoshi's Island
  • Fountain of Dreams - Dream Land
  • Dreamland - Past Stages
  • Pokemon Stadium - Kanto
Counter Pick Stages
  • Rainbow Cruise - Mushroom Kingdom
  • Jungle Japes - DK Island
  • Green Greens - Dream Land
  • Brinstar - Planet Zebes
  • Mute City, F-Zero Grand Prix
  • Poke Floats - Kanto Skies
  • Kongo Jungle - Past Stages
Banned Stages
  • Flatzone - Superflat World
  • Icicle Mountain - Infinite Glacier
  • Temple - Hyrule
  • Great Bay - Termina
  • Fourside, Eagleland
  • Yoshi’s Island - Yoshi's Island
  • Brinstar Depths - Planet Zebes
  • Big Blue - F-Zero Grand Prix
  • Mushroom Kingdom
  • Mushroom Kingdom II
  • Venom - Lylat System
  • Corneria - Lylat System
  • Yoshi's Island - Past Stages
  • Princess Peach's Castle - Mushroom Kingdom
  • Kongo Jungle - DK Island
  • Onett - Eagleland
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Order of play

Game 1

Each player chooses a controller slot.
Each player has 30 seconds to select a character or to call "Double Blind" selection.
You may not change characters once it is declared.
If a character is not selected after 30 sec., "Double Blind" selection is mandatory.
Stage knock-outs are declared.
All players must agree to the first stage, otherwise it is "Random" (see Random Select Stages listed above)
If the time limit runs out, winner is the player with the most stock.
In the event of tied stock, winner is the player with the least damage.
In the event of tied damage, Sudden Death is played out.

Game 2
Loser of Game 1 declares stage to be played in Game 2.
Winner of Game 1 declares character to be played in Game 2.
Loser declares character to be played in Game 2 and begins the game.

Game 3
If each player wins a Game, a third game is played to determine "Best of Three"
Loser of Game 2 declares any non-banned stage to be played next.
Winner of Game 2 declares character to be played in Game 3.
Loser declares character to be played in Game 3 and begins the game.
__________________________________________________ _______________________

Additional Rules

"Double Blind" allowed for Game 1.
Stage Knockouts are allowed.
Random select stages cannot be knockedout.
No stage may be used twice in a given match except Random Select stages.
Finals (and Grand Finals) in the Winner's Bracket will be "Best of Five".
Stalling tactics and glitches that freeze the game or characters in the game are unallowed.
Illegally modified controllers are disallowed for tournament play.

________
Doubles
------------

The following additional rules are in effect for Teams.

Friendly Fire: ON
Pause: OFF
Life Stealing: Allowed

Doubles Random Select Stages
  • Final Destination - Special Stages
  • Battlefield - Special Stages
  • Yoshi's Story - Yoshi's Island
  • Dreamland - Past Stages
  • Pokemon Stadium - Kanto
Additionally Banned Stages in Doubles (due to lag)
  • Fountain of Dreams - Dreamland
  • Mute City - Grand-Prix
__________________________________________________ _______________________

Low Tiers (Singles & Doubles)

All rules for Singles and Doubles apply to Low Tier tournaments with character selection limited to "Low Tier" characters from the following list.

Allowable LT Characters
  • Donkey Kong
  • Roy
  • Young Link
  • Pikachu
  • Yoshi
  • Zelda
  • Mr. Game & Watch
  • Ness
  • Bowser
  • Kirby
  • Pichu
  • Mewtwo

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
not put too much focus on who takes first place in Singles and how much money they make.
WTF Noobie, isn't that what smash is all about JESUS CHRIST OMG!!!!

Yes, there will be Singles (and Doubles) and money for the winners, but I'm broadening the focus of this event, and here's how
OMG thank god... theres money involved.... pheeeeeew :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

We're making time for some fun in the sun as we go to Monroe Park and vie for victory with some good old fashioned Dodge ball action!
OMG exercise? Not gaming? wtf............... Glad to see you are a normal person that likes exercise... I already knew you liked exercise cause you are vegan though :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: (that has no correlation... I'm just a jerk face.) Dodge ball is toooooo good. Good choice Timmy. You better have a prime location mapped out for dodge ball. I think this could be the most important event of the weekend.

I will be providing food for everyone. If you have any food requests, please post and let me know. Please refrain from bringing dead animals.
hahahaha toooooo good. I think I will bring some exotic dead animals for you to cuddle with T&T.... but on a side note, just kidding, dead animals isn't cool, animal rights 4tw... I am not a vegan so I know I am a cold blooded killer, but I am working on getting there guys :)

P.S. I will more then likely be coming, That time in july seems bestfor me as well. I wil lbe on tour with my brothers band for 10 days in july startin on the 4th or the 6th I think.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
List of attendees updated, but...

Let's hear some feedback on FOOD! Specifically, is there a cola that everyone will drink?

And I need help with setups. Make sure to mention if you can bring 'cubes, TV's and spare game discs.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I don't drink soda. =\
Oh no, you're going to DIEZ! :laugh:

Here is a list of people that had better post saying they will be there:
Aftermath: Samus - Portland (Tualatin)
Juce: Captain Falcon/Fox - Portland (Sherwood)
FoosJr: Sheik - Oregon City
Riot: Samus - Portland
Digital Watches Zelda/Jigglypuff - Portland
Rage Captain Falcon - Portland
Kevvviiinnn Bowser/Fox - Portland (Sherwood)
Masterofchu Pikachu - Portland
OC George Jigglypuff/Falco - Oregon City
Mystery Chris Captain Falcon - Corvallis
Kami Samus/Link - Portland (Lake Oswego)
t!MmY (aka !) Kirby - Eugene
T0MMY (aka ?): Pichu - Eugene
DMStudios: Ness/Peach- Eugene
Shin: Ganondorf/WoW - Eugene
Dirt: Captain Falcon/Roy - Grants Pass
Milk: Peach/Pikachu - Grants Pass
Joshisrad Sheik/C. Falcon - Eugene/Gresham
Duke: Captain Falcon - Salem
Ronin686 Doctor Mario/Peach - Eugene
Doc Holiday: Falco/Marth - Salem
Zapdos275: Marth/Fox - Salem
Exodia275: Marth/Dr. Mario - Salem

Yes, that's every last competitive player in Oregon - EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU HAD BETTER MAKE IT.
I should not have been at the OSU event by any means, but I was, so no johns from any of you johntards. Biggest johntard is Riot, yeah, you said you were going to be there with your crew and none of you came, I'm calling you guys out specifically.

Also, I'd rather play ultimate frisbee than dodgeball in a park, because if you're throwing a ball at someone outside and the other person's main goal is to dodge it, not catch it, then it is going to go bouncing off into the street and someone is going to get hit by a car and I am sure t!mmy is going to get pinned on malintent/neglect/manslaughter when that person runs out into the street and hit by a huge truck carrying explosives.
Whereas, UF has the advantage of being awesome and is almost always played outdoors.
Or maybe we could play a round of both.

I have a few ideas of my own fun I'd like to see happen anyway. But, who knows.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
Well I'll see what I can do I'll talk to my parents about it early and tell them that I NEED to make this. I can bring my TV and GCN, also my food request is pretzels, there too good, and just about everyone likes them. Just a little warning if I make it, "I'm gonna make it flood, so you better bring a boat."

Foxisthemaster

Smash Apprentice
I should have enough money by then, and I'll have to ask my brother if he'd what to drive, all the way to Eugene, since we got lost finding the West Dinning Hall at OSU. I have to let him recover first. Hopefully we can make this one.

Put Foxisthemaster, and Smokin Ya down (maybe)

We can bring controllers, and maybe a VCR. No TV.

brdy_

Smash Lord
Confirm Aftermath as well :p.

Aftermath rar (11:48:02 AM): well
Aftermath rar (11:48:04 AM): in oregon
Aftermath rar (11:48:11 AM): it's assumed i'm going to all tournaments

And I'm sure Bart and I could manage to bring equipment as well.

Master of Chu

Smash Cadet
Here is a list of people that had better post saying they will be there:
(snip)
Masterofchu Pikachu - Portland
(snip)
I really want to go to this one, so I'll do everythong in my power to get there. Though it's a little too early to arranging with (begging) someone (James :p) to give me a ride. So I'll have to wait and see how that pans out.

By bringing dead animals do you mean like cooking them, is it cool if I run up the street and grab a Subway.

Let's hear some feedback on FOOD! Specifically, is there a cola that everyone will drink?
Pepsi works fine for me. If not Sprite's fine as well.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
brdy_ didn't post the rest of that. It's also assumed that I run every tournament in Oregon to some extent.

MoC - I can give you a ride.

Food people - Goldfish Crackers + Grape soda

Tommy - Ultimate Frisbee is really bad by your rules. Since when was it "no tackling"? Dodgeball is better by far and I'm sure that there's a park with a tennis court, so we can just play dodgeball in there, like oldschool skypal.

Also, confirmation of any kind is ******** in Oregon, since 80% of everyone johns out on the last day due to one of like four johns.

VenusGospel

Smash Apprentice
I am so down, my birthday is a week before that and I'll have more than enough money for food, MM's, tourney, pokemon, and whatever else...

Curious... does young stink or jiggy count as low tier, otherwise I'll go with ness

Aftermath, finally for the long awaited money match, i'm up for that if you are... and I'll be accepting money matches prolly with other people, we'll see.

Oh yeah, getten my liscense and a decent car, so during summer I'll have a lot more appearences.

And finally, I'm graduating, no more homework, just smash, smoke, smash, FF6, pokemon, smash... yeah, thats my summer...

Edit: I say Fu ck dodge ball, frisbee's my game... i'm raw at it, i think, you guys can play your lame dodge ball, i'll bring my own frisbee

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
Dodgeball is better by far and I'm sure that there's a park with a tennis court, so we can just play dodgeball in there, like oldschool skypal.
True that. Tennis court dodgeball FTW...

Also, confirmation of any kind is ******** in Oregon, since 80% of everyone johns out on the last day due to one of like four johns.
Yeah.... This is Oregon and its May... Asking people to come is like getting a reaaaaly inaccurate headcount and then being super disappointed in July.

On a related note. I can bring 2 TV's and a Game Cube and VCR. I think most importantly though is, are we trying to REALLY attract OOS? or just make it a good Oregon tournament? I saw that you said garunteed $100. If we are pushing for something BIG I would be willing to donate $50-100 myself in order to make this huge. I think it also might be wise for James ot hold a TANG prior to that and to hold some small satelite tournaments to raise even MORE money. I mean if we wanna REALLY attract GOOD OOS competition and some totally rad people, then we should shoot for like $300 or $200 dollars garunteed on top of whatever else.

Also what tournaments are closest to this one? I dont just mean west coast, but like any U.S. Tournament. You should try to push for this being pretty big to attract WA and CA at least, kind of as a pre-OC3 practice tournament, with some decently high stakes

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Some things:

First, I don't mind if people run out into the street after a ball and get hit. If SSBM hasn't honed their reflexes enough to let them backflip over oncoming traffic matrix-style, then "no johns".

Second, this was originally intended as a large Oregon event. I.E. not large. However, I will be asking my mom if her place is available for that weekend. If so, and only if so, then I will have enough room for 30+ people.

Third... there is no third.

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
ME!

So I shall bring,

Me, Kami (Brandon)
Kaze (Eric)
Bonzai (Jeremy) (Maybe.. I'll confirm yes or no as soon as I can)

cmin

Smash Ace
hey i'll be there too! dont know if you remember me timmy from the OSU fest i played the fox

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I remember you; didn't I first meet you at TANG a few months ago?

And, Master of Chu, you have to come. I don't have any matches of you recorded for the Smashfest Awards video!

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Ultimate frisbee is excellent. Too bad Team Josh B won't be there. But hey we'll be seeing Daft Punk :D :D :D :D :D

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Get on AIM noobee or I'll sic Dmon on ya.
The owner of BCG says he's been hearing a lot of interest about the Eugene Weeklies. :)

Nice sig, btw.

brdy_

Smash Lord
So how many CPU entrants are there gonna be (since we're doing this on the in game tournament, right)?
Also, why are items off?

Balloon

Smash Lord
I think this is confirmation of me coming. Dunno about Andy. He's a lamer and doesn't care about getting better at smash.

YoshiBro01

Smash Rookie
Hmm, looks interesting. I'll talk to the rest of my crew about this and we'll see if we can secure a ride to it.

Would we have to come to the entire thing, or preregister online or something, beacuse we'll probably only want to show up to the tournament part.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
You can come to any or all of the three days. You can preregister online here just by saying you're coming and how many people.

YoshiBro002

Smash Rookie
Hmm, looks interesting. I'll talk to the rest of my crew about this and we'll see if we can secure a ride to it.

Would we have to come to the entire thing, or preregister online or something, beacuse we'll probably only want to show up to the tournament part.
oddz are we are goibng to be here. We will probably not stay at the venue though and just stay with 01'z uncle there.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
I can officially go to any tournaments, as I please, when I get my driver's license on the 18th of June.

Food request: Milk.

Ronin686

Smash Ace
Dude awesome, I've always wanted to meet wikipedia. Are you full of useless information?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I'm sure everyone will be suprised when Wikipedia shows up and gets a chance to meet him again for the first time.

Notice
There's a good possibility I can hold this tournament at my mom's house. I talked with her and so far she's cool with it. This means a larger area for setups and room for a bigger turnout. I will keep you guys updated.

brdy_

Smash Lord
What does everyone think about doing a crew battle at this SFE? I'd be down with a regional crew battle or like... Team Rocket plus Dirty Brdy vs ??

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Crews Discussion:

If you're interested in Crews, please post so I can get an idea of where to fit it into the schedule. Also, post if you want a Standard Crew Battle (any crew, 4-5 members), Regional Crew (based on City/State), or something else (Team Captains pick members, Random crews, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom