• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SF:E - Eugene, Oregon (July 27, 28, 29) - Mission Complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jem.

Smash Master
Eggz is 16, I'm 17. Most the smashers in Washington are around that age. I have tons of friends that don't play smash. Want to check my myspace and see all the hot *****es that want me? Go for it. You can ask all of them, know them personally. I also doubt your 4.0 because I don't even have a 3.5 and I can't stand to type like a ****ing ******. If you were smart, you would learn to flame better with a reasonable arguement other than WOW JEM WERENT YOU LIKE 39 EL OH EL I WAS THE BEST LUIGI THERE.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
wow, I hope most of Washington/Oregon isn't as big a jerk as this Robotnic guy. I know the guys I housed at OC3 weren't (smsh twns) :p

gnosis

Smash Lord
I hope Balloon does't tell me I have an ugly face like Robotnik, I couldn't take the abuse. I know I do but hearing it from other people just doesn't help.

Besides Robotnik is much more secure than I, bragging about his high school sports/grades accomplishments to a forum of nerds.

Anyway, sorry I never did shout outs, SF:E. I'm no good at them. It was plenty of fun and helped me get slightly better at this game. Thanks to everyone who tolerated my friendlies, that was probably the most helpful. And thanks to !/0 for hosting this. :D

I would of obviously won if you didn't all just play sheik/marth/blah though :|

Digital Watches

Smash Ace
The fact that you address the comments aimed at your attire and not the other ones speaks volumes.
I think we've pretty much established that your ability to judge age is below the acceptable level for a four-year-old. "YOU GUYS MUST ALL BE OVER THIRTY!" Lulz. The majority of SF:E attendants seemed to be under 21. There were a few exceptions, of course, but I'm almost certain that no one over 30 attended.
First off, typing speed without accuracy isn't impressive at all, especially if the fastest you can boast with heavy typos is 60 WPM. Secondly, the errors you're making are NOT typos nor shorthand, and demonstrate a very poor grasp of the English language.

Actually, let's break this down. In this last post alone:

Poor capitalization (The pronoun "I" should be capitalized at all times), no use of commas (There should be one after the word "No," and also after the word "hat"). These errors are minor and could possibly be explained by the celerity with which you claim to type (That is, if you can't type accurately at said speed), but that would be giving you quite a bit of benefit of the doubt, as these mistakes are common among grammatically challenged students.

Logos is plural, not posessive, and thus does not require an apostrophe before the "s." Adding one is an error that actually implies an additional keystroke.

This should be a new sentence.
This should, too.
This IS a new sentence, but you fail to capitalize the first letter. Also here's that same mistake with the apostrophe, which implies to me that you actually believe this to be the correct way to write it.
I would question the use of "were" here, but that's arguably colloquial and this is casual conversation. You're still not capitalizing "I," but I suppose that could be due to typing at a speed that you're not used to. "Writen" instead of "written" could be a typo, but I suspect that you don't know how to spell the word.
Again, the misuse of "like" is excusable, since it's colloquial, but you need a comma after the word "minute."
Here you actually omit an apostrophe from "Don't." Punctuation seems to give you a lot of trouble.
You omit an "e" from "aren't" (Possibly a typo) but you also forget once again to add an apostrophe. Also, since this is a question, it should end with a question mark. Do you understand how those work? Also: "Who was had a sonic shirt on?" I HOPE that I don't have to point out what's wrong with that.
Since it's an exclamation (sort of) and used in casual conversation, there's no need to point out that this is a fragment, but it should be a new sentence. There should be a comma after the word "geek," unless you mean to use "major" and "geek" as adjectives modifying "dude," implying that Eggz is a "major geek dude." Since that's extremely awkward phrasing, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and just assume that you have no clue how to use commas.
This should also be a new sentence, but even if it weren't, you should have capitalized the "I."

Granted, some of those errors COULD be typos or shorthand, but this, as well as a lot of your other posts, contains far too many mistakes that fit neither category to pass the conventions requirement on even a ninth-grade level English essay. Remember that in the CIM, conventions are now double-weighted, so this alone would bring down your score dramatically. Do you really have a 4.0?

Dude, aren't you the idiot who posts on forums trying to insult people for playing a game better than you can?

Last edited by a moderator:

Digital Watches

Smash Ace
Money match?

Just for fun, let's break down all the problems with this post:
You probably want to use an exclamation point here instead of a comma. easy for you to say about others,Should be a new sentence.but i am a better smasher than you. Still aren't capitalizing "I." Is it that hard to hit "shift?"

You should capitalize both the "We" at the beginning of the sentence, and the two instances of "I" that you missed. I think that "a lot" consists of two words, but I see "alot" quite often, so perhaps it's becoming more acceptable.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
oh muh gosh u beat dw and he masterbait's to wikipedia eight hours a day. u r such a nerd, i bet u cant even play a hole game of sokker. srsly u must spend ur hole life playing tis game, speciialyy sense u beat dw.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Just because not all of us are awesome at Smash, get strait A's in college, are in top physical shape, have a job, and have sexy girls as well as a social life outside of the Smash community doesn't mean others are inferior. Acceptance and understanding are more important qualities in life than money, power, and greed.
Although it probably won't help, I always suggest people just ignore any negativity and focus on productivity (this is advice given to both sides of this flame war).
Because this event is over any further discussion can be taken to the OSM thread and I'd suggest a mod lock this if need be.

cmin

Smash Ace
i think flaming is completely legit so long as one side is obviously at fault. i'm pretty sure anyone with a brain the size of a chimpanzee with down syndrome can tell that robotnik brought it all on himself so we have no reason to hold back. flaming is fun, especially when you're on the right side.

basically i just wanna say that robotnik is a moron. he takes his time to go onto this forum and call everyone a geek. he johns about everyone wavedashing (laugh). he johns about people picking high tiers. smash is more than just a game, its a community. when you say that "oh you guys are all a bunch of geeks who play a game", you are insulting the rest of the people on the smashboards forum. this is intolerable by my standards and is completely opened to being flamed to death. robotnic, gtfo out of the forums and go crawl back to your little hole.

p.s chess is not a sport. geek

Jem.

Smash Master
Eggz wasn't wearing a Sonic The Hedgehog shirt. I don't think anyone found your hat classy. I'm pretty sure it's best off you never attend a smashfest or tournament ever again with all the insulting you've done Robotnic. Pick up a new game, and QQ at those players when you suck horribly. How was the ride home to Spokane with your mom, by the way?

Digital Watches

Smash Ace
Eggz wasn't wearing a Sonic The Hedgehog shirt. I don't think anyone found your hat classy. I'm pretty sure it's best off you never attend a smashfest or tournament ever again with all the insulting you've done Robotnic. Pick up a new game, and QQ at those players when you suck horribly. How was the ride home to Spokane with your mom, by the way?
Um... as an amendment to that: Please make sure it's not another game I play.

As much as I'd like to have more comp in fighting games, you don't seem the sort who'll get good enough to get away with talking so much ****.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
So your results are up on tia... o_O @ the massive round robin, which apparantly is giving tio a lot of trouble ("Placing: Unknown", LOL). The LT Doubles bracket also isn't uploading correctly... I'll investigate ASAP.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Lol is your sarcasm detector broken man, or are you just too stupid to buy one? olozlolzloz.

Also, 189luigi = Robotnic?

Oh, and Gnosis, you didn't have an ugly face :). I found you quite attractive. date?

Digital Watches

Smash Ace

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Neal, please lock this thread. Turney is over, and I don't like the flames. kthnx.

If you decide to make any other alternate accounts, You'll just get IP banned.

gnosis

Smash Lord
I'm willing to date anyone so long as I don't have to pay. I only consume high grade, expensive sushi.

And you have to call me the next day, even though I probably won't answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom