• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SF:E - Eugene, Oregon (July 27, 28, 29) - Mission Complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

T0MMY

Smash Master
First off, I don't know why everyone thinks me complimenting Jesse is always me taking a stab at him. I do truely think he is good. He is getting way too good, and is probably the best consistent practice I have had since I started playing melee.
LOL, Kyle you crack me up!
Seriously, though... way too many inside jokes in Oregon... :laugh:

Maybe we should start a save-the-date foundation to keep SF:E at the same date scheduled.
We could probably raise enough money to fund a trip to EVO West... haha

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
I'm sure a good number of people read your post. As I mentioned, the original date (July 27/28/29) seems to be the only time I can host a large tournament.
No! Timmy, get on AIM and I'll get my cam set up and then we'll see what your decision is after that.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I am thinking of doing a character-specific trophey battle for SF:E if I can get it organized.

Basically, certain players will be awarded a trophey based on a character they've shown exceptional effort/skill with. Anyone at SF:E can then challenge them for their trophey, if they win they have possession of it and can then be challenged by anyone for possession of it.
You can only challenge someone for their trophey once, after that you have to put up $1 to challenge them (they are putting up their trophey for ante). At the end of the event, whoever has possession of the trophey keeps it and has bragging rights of best of character for that trophey.

Eggz

Smash Hero
I am thinking of doing a character-specific trophey battle for SF:E if I can get it organized.

Basically, certain players will be awarded a trophey based on a character they've shown exceptional effort/skill with. Anyone at SF:E can then challenge them for their trophey, if they win they have possession of it and can then be challenged by anyone for possession of it.
You can only challenge someone for their trophey once, after that you have to put up $1 to challenge them (they are putting up their trophey for ante). At the end of the event, whoever has possession of the trophey keeps it and has bragging rights of best of character for that trophey.
Will these trophies be money shaped?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I believe this conversation has gone entirely off topic. I don't want this thread to become another OSM.

Kyle, travel plans? End of July still work for you?

Balloon

Smash Lord
Why aren't you some sort of moderator t!mmy?

BTW I can't wait to meet Wikipedia in person. Seems like a cool cat that can mock himself and others with me.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
I can't tell if people are joking or not when they say they want to meet Wikipedia.

Timmy, keep the date the way it is, I probably won't be going to Evo, nor do I really want to.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I can't tell if people are joking or not when they say they want to meet Wikipedia.

Timmy, keep the date the way it is, I probably won't be going to Evo, nor do I really want to.
I know I'd be anxious to meet Wikipedia in person. :chuckle:

How could you not want to go to EVO? There's going to be a TMNT (SNES) tournament!
I should change the name of this summer's SF:E to "Eugene Videogame Opportunity" so everyone in Oregon doesn't have to travel 800 miles to miss out on "EVO". Ha ha ha.

And we should have a TMNT tournament... >_>

Balloon

Smash Lord
No, we really shouldn't have a TMNT tournament. We should have a whoever had the longest hair at one point tournament that is required for every person to enter for 5 dollars.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
I'm sorry to say that if the date does not change then Wikipedia will just have to be in the hearts and minds of all the little boys.

artifice

Smash Ace
oh gosh, I think I would be ashamed if i didnt try to get a car full of eastern washington players to try to go to this.

Master of Chu

Smash Cadet
Tommy you wanna team up for the low tier doubles as team Machu Pichu, or did you already plan on teaming up with Timmy?

Also if ether of you guys are interested, I'll $10 money match the winner of your $100 Pichu vs Kirby money match. :grin:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Tommy you wanna team up for the low tier doubles as team Machu Pichu, or did you already plan on teaming up with Timmy?

Also if ether of you guys are interested, I'll $10 money match the winner of your $100 Pichu vs Kirby money match. :grin:
What, no "Pikirbychu" team offer? :tear:

I'll take that offer, seeing as I will be the one winning.

Master of Chu

Smash Cadet
What, no "Pikirbychu" team offer? :tear:
Kirby Pika is just as good in my book, it's just that Tommy brought up the Machu Pichu team-up idea after I missed out on the Oregon Smash Awards a couple of months ago. So I figured I'd throw the idea out this time around.

Besides Machu Pichu rolls off the tongue so much better then Pikirbychu. :lick:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Well, either way, I'm going to have to team with t0mmy. My other team mate - the Wavebird - apparently found someone else to team with (a second Wavebird). I'm heartbroken. :(

DW, I expect you to fandangle your way out of the family reunion. Even if it involves warp portals and chronogangers.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Sodapop: Sounds good. Bring sodapop.

MACHU: We should do lots of friendlies as the Machu Pichu team, however I have signed a contract with ! promising to be his doubles partner... and it's signed in blood. However, I am quite positive I will win the $100 MM against him, as I beat his Kirby all the time with my Pichu. After that I will JV-5stock you at the same time I place the $10 bill in my pocket. After that I will win singles, JV-5stocking every last opponent. Then I will jog my way down to OC3 in 6 hours time, JV-six stocking all my opponents and succeeding in making Korean DJ cry with ecstatic enthusiasm as I JV-eight stock him with Pichu using only the F-tilt attack.
I will then retire in luxury to my mansion full of hot girls with corn chips and guacamole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom