• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SF:E - Eugene, Oregon (July 27, 28, 29) - Mission Complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
LOL TACKLE FRISBEE! why have we not done this, Josh?
And hey, if there are any needles to be found in the grasses of Eugene, you can bet they'd be from me, cancelling my lag.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Ultimate Scrub Handbook said:
XVI. FOULS

1. Fouls are the result of physical contact between opposing players.
A foul can only be called by the player who has been fouled and
must be announced by calling out the word "Foul!" loudly
immediately after the foul has occurred.

2. The player initiating contact is guilty of a foul.

3. Throwing Fouls:

<senseless hippy garbage>

4. Catching Fouls:

<More senseless hippy complaints about playing sports>
So basically they are saying to take a game based on Football, take out everything that made it fun, then add a whole bunch of scrub penalties for even doing touch tackle, thus slowing down the game and making immature disputes of "_____ touched me!!!!!!!! EWWWWWWWW!!!! Cooties!!!"

What a failure of a game.

No johns Timmy. Do dodgeball.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Because it's almost exactly like football although they replace downs with just stopping after 3 steps and stalling forever.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Ronin has a medicine ball we can use. I'm also trying to secure aluminum baseball bats for "protection" and rusty thumb tacks with which to layer the ground.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Why don't people understand we can do both ultimate frisbee for the wimps and dodgeball for all the other wimps.
Ground Needles 4tw

Rage.

Smash Ace
Why don't people understand we can do both ultimate frisbee for the wimps and dodgeball for all the other wimps.
Ground Needles 4tw
Dodge ball is a smash sport
Dodge ball is a mans sport
Playing smash = Being a man

Ultimate frisbee is a pichu mains sport
Pichu mains like cheese
cheese is gross

Dodge ball for the win
get my logic?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
cheese is gross
qu0ted 4 2rooth.

I guess now is a good time to ask who is interested in Ultimate, who is interested in Dodgeball, and who is interested in both/neither.

I personally am interested in Dodgeball, and I'd like tackling allowed in Ultimate so that I can knock James down and combo with a hiji-uchi.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
There's not even any reasonable way to put tackling in ultimate. You don't run with the frisbee. XD

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Exactly Josh, you just stand around with it while other people stand around waiting for something to happen. At least with tackling you're forced to throw the frisbee quickly. People standing = people getting tackled.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Haha, that'd be intense. I can dig it.

Also, the legendary dogs are pissing me off. At least they keep the same HP from the last battle. Are fast balls better acquitted to catching them than ultra balls?

Riot6777

Smash Ace
Ronin has a medicine ball we can use. I'm also trying to secure aluminum baseball bats for "protection" and rusty thumb tacks with which to layer the ground.
That's right dodge ball!

And cool we have a place to get a medicine ball ^,^

Anyone pro dodge ball come on looks like rage agrees with me

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
I am obviously a big dodgeball support since 2k4... DODGEBALL HOOOOOO... ultimate might not be to bad also, but dodgeball is ****. We need a tennis court akin to SKYPAL style ownage.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
^^^ lol wow jesse, how does someone accomplish losing a tooth with a hackey sack also OMG YOU POSTED!? thought you quit smash?

Binx

Smash Master
His falcon is better.

Edit: I can probably make it, lets see how unemployed and poor I am on that date. I can almost gaurantee I will spend the whole three days down there doing friendlies if I cant come up with money, and I can definately bring a cube and a copy of the game.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
I can't recall playing Jesse's Marth. It's been forever, Jesse(and Kyle too). Don't think I've seen you since NCT2. I'm back in town on the 15th, dunno how long I'm staying for though since I'll be moving back to Eugene for a good while at some point during the summer.

Juce

Smash Ace
STFU kyle, just 'cause you get ***** by my marth doesn't mean it's better than my falcon :p counter picking is too good.

Riot6777

Smash Ace
This topic sounds like it has gone a much different way >.> .......................:dizzy:

umm.......

Anyway a side from jesse's sick tip?

I wanted to ask people to bring set ups to the Empire games tournament :psycho:

T0MMY

Smash Master
Dodgeball = good
Dodgeball + ultimate = too good
James, you can tackle in Ultimate Frisbee, but you just have to be smart about it, getting away with fouls you shouldn't be doing is a lot more fun, like how a cookie tastes better if you steal it. Needles in the grass is an inside joke.

Ratking never compliments anyone except Jesse, because it's another inside joke. Jesse's Marth being too good is an inside joke.

Riot, why are you posting here about your Empire Games tournament? I'm beginning to wonder if you being called Gayvid is actually an inside joke.

Oregon needs less inside jokes. Now.
Inside jokes are a new inside joke.

Riot6777

Smash Ace
Dodgeball = good
Dodgeball + ultimate = too good
James, you can tackle in Ultimate Frisbee, but you just have to be smart about it, getting away with fouls you shouldn't be doing is a lot more fun, like how a cookie tastes better if you steal it. Needles in the grass is an inside joke.

Ratking never compliments anyone except Jesse, because it's another inside joke. Jesse's Marth being too good is an inside joke.

Riot, why are you posting here about your Empire Games tournament? I'm beginning to wonder if you being called Gayvid is actually an inside joke.

Oregon needs less inside jokes. Now.
Inside jokes are a new inside joke.
No James just calls me gayvid to be a royal A$$ about things and make me mad.

I guess it's there insaide joke.

I am also posting about Empire Games so I can get alot of people down there my tournament is before yours so you have time to get people everyone knows about your I wish for more people to know about mine. :laugh:

Anyway that's all Riot wanted to say that and P.L.U.R! <3 Ravers! :psycho:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Kyle - and anyone else who may or may not be going to EVO West - please let me know your travel plans as it looks like July 27 - 29 may be the only weekend the house is available.

Snoodude

Smash Cadet
Save the date! ...the first one, that is.

Kyle - and anyone else who may or may not be going to EVO West - please let me know your travel plans as it looks like July 27 - 29 may be the only weekend the house is available.
When you said that the tourney might be moved to the following weekend, it didn't dawn on me that that was August 3-5. That happens to conflict for me, what with having a family reunion (a pretty large one, in fact) from August 2-5. So, if the date is changed, I'm screwed. :(

If the date remains what it was to begin with, I'm fine. :grin: I hadn't even known about EVO West, let alone having planned on attending. My vote is to "save the date" as July 27-29.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
First off, I don't know why everyone thinks me complimenting Jesse is always me taking a stab at him. I do truely think he is good. He is getting way too good, and is probably the best consistent practice I have had since I started playing melee. So to debunk claim #1, No me complimenting Jesse is not an inside joke. Me calling him BiO is a pseudo inside joke because I am half joking and half serious.

As for his Marth being good is an inside joke... It truely is his best character... Counter pick or not, he has the timings and spacing down pretty well and it actually makes me think when I have to play with him (No jesse, your falcon and fox don't make me use to much brain power.... except for when you sabotaged my controller by making the buttons soft the other night!!!!!!!!)

No James just calls me gayvid to be a royal A$$ about things and make me mad.
wait... you aren't gay? to late now.....

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Kyle, you answered t0mmy's post. Lol.

I was hoping you'd update me on whether or not you're staying in CA through EVO, instead.

Snoodude

Smash Cadet
Sooo...Just in case nobody read my earlier comment, I would be unable to attend the tourney if it was moved to the following weekend. I know that it's not necessarily a huge deal for one person to be unable to come, but I thought I would at least make it clear.

That said, I'm still trying to get in touch with my local Salem smashers, but I've had no luck for the last two weeks. Doc_Holiday isn't replying to my PMs, and the other three (four? five?) probably don't know that I exist.

Stubbornly, I plod on. ;)

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I'm sure a good number of people read your post. As I mentioned, the original date (July 27/28/29) seems to be the only time I can host a large tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom