• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sexy Sweet Snacking Stadium Serious Stuff Starring Stab or something like that

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash

Sugary Staircase, SNACKS SHALL RETURN

For the love of all that is good, read the directions and the map (Looking at you Irvine)! Hiya, DendyPretendy and Sung here choosing a date without a tournament to have a tournament on. There WILL NOT be snacks this time, sorry guys (Dendy informed me that there WILL be snacks again). There WILL be melee in a cool venue. There WILL be TheCrimsonBlur bringing his laptop so we can use it for Tio tournament organizer. There WILL be more people coming to Occidental Friday weekly smashfests http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=313020.

PLEASE BRING TVS AND SETUPS!!!

DIRECTIONS
1600 Campus Road
Los Angeles, CA 90041
April 28th (It's a saturday)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/405/r2t43.jpg/
^That's where you should park and make sure to call me after you park so I can come out and guide you in! Please follow the directions EXACTLY!!! (That means going INTO the entrance of the college and going right then following the path until you can't go straight anymore then turn right and you should be at the parking spot)
The building is called Bell Young Hall.

EVENTS AND FEES:

Venue Fee - $0
Melee Singles - $5
Melee Doubles - $5 (for each person)

Yes the venue is free, but please please try to bring setups+TVs, we have a guaranteed 3 full setups at the start

VENUE:
Speaking of venue, it’s a pretty big room and well ventilated, never in all of the smash I’ve played there have I ever been too hot or too cold it was always just right, Goldilocks status. Water fountain and restroom located within 10 steps of the pictures below. There should be enough chairs/couches (not all depicted in pics) for around 16 people, so if you have smallish chairs please bring :) I for one will be sitting on the floor mostly.

[COLLAPSE="Venue pictures"]Main

Left

Right
[/COLLAPSE]
EVENT SCHEDULE:
12:00 PM – Doors open
2:00 PM SHARP – Melee doubles
After doubles - Melee singles (could have pools if there are enough people)

PAYOUTS:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

VENUE RULES:
1. Cussing is fine and dandy, or should I say… Dendy!
2. Don’t be dumb

MELEE RULES (influenced by NWM):

* Stage Striking is in effect and first person to strike is decided by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* Items are set to off
* The stock is set to 4
* 8:00 Timer
* All sets are best of 3 in pools
* All sets are best of 5 matches in bracket
* Modified Advanced Dave’s Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick any stage he or she previously won on with the exception of the stage you initially struck to.
* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* No player may choose the stage they last won on
* Ties will be broken by lives, then percentage. In the event of a percentage tie, one stock sudden death will be played
* The Ice Climber Freeze Glitch is banned
* Wobbling is legal
* Jigglypuff's rising pound stall is banned
* Peach's bomber stall beneath levels where she is unreachable is banned
* Any stage can be played upon as long as both players agree

- Neutral Stages -
* Final Destination
* Dreamland 64
* Battlefield
* Yoshi Story
* Fountain of Dreams (Singles)
* Pokemon Stadium (Doubles)

- Counterpick Stages -
* All neutral stages
* Pokemon Stadium (Singles)
* Kongo Jungle

- Set Order -
* Blind Picks character selection.
* Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.
* The first match is played.
* Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.
* The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
* The winning player of preceding match picks character.
* The losing player picks character.
* The next match is played.
* Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.

SUNG
Cell: 469-235-6458 call or text (DO NOT USE THIS PHONE ANYMORE, I HAVE A NEW NUMBER)
214-315-3843 call or text!
AIM: SUNG475 (I'm usually on)

DendyPretendy
Cell: 612-720-7517

-Hopefully we'll have Doll/Stab record sets
-Please bring setups/TVs and yourselves!!! Yea post here if you're coming and give me some sort of contact from you :D Let's GO!! Thank you copy and paste.

MiketheMike

Smash Journeyman
Desperate attempt but here it goes:

Any chance for a little 64 side tourney? I live in Glendale and its just me and 2 other guys that play this game and its rare to find any tournaments that are local. The only "local" tournament we went to was in santa barbara. Otherwise the only tournaments we had in LA we ones that we threw. I can try to recruit more people if I can get enough. We'll supply tvs and everything to, unless the venue is small.

Lovage

Smash Hero
Desperate attempt but here it goes:

Any chance for a little 64 side tourney? I live in Glendale and its just me and 2 other guys that play this game and its rare to find any tournaments that are local. The only "local" tournament we went to was in santa barbara. Otherwise the only tournaments we had in LA we ones that we threw. I can try to recruit more people if I can get enough. We'll supply tvs and everything to, unless the venue is small.
haha sup mike, it's tight you're still playing 64

if you really are super desperate, if you came to this tourny and set up on the side i'm sure me and s2j (and any others that like to mess around in 64) would probably come up to you and play some good friendlies. but doubt there'd be a tournament or anything.

edit: just realized how close you live to the venue, yeah you should def. come haha at least for a little bit. glendale too close.

MiketheMike

Smash Journeyman
haha sup mike, it's tight you're still playing 64

if you really are super desperate, if you came to this tourny and set up on the side i'm sure me and s2j (and any others that like to mess around in 64) would probably come up to you and play some good friendlies. but doubt there'd be a tournament or anything.

edit: just realized how close you live to the venue, yeah you should def. come haha at least for a little bit. glendale too close.
Hey Oscar,

I know exactly where its gonna be at. We can stop by if I can round up the others to come for about an hour.

Hopefully there will be others that take interest so that way next time this happens we can combine the two because it seems like the 64 SSB is dying out :c

blindhobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PSN: Ligray
I'm going. Might bring some people. More $$ for everyone!

p.s.
**** the Knicks
**** Miami
**** the dirty Lakers too

WestBallz

Smash Ace
Who agrees that sung should put a venue fee on this and all the venue fee will be used to ship good players out and the person who has the highest win rate at these should be sent somewhere. i dunno just seems like a good idea and we never travel. it would also bring more top tier competition cause who doesn't want to fly to another state and go to a big tourney?

baka4moé

Smash Champion
i don't know if its a good idea to force people to pay for another's flight; whenever there's a sort of good player fund, it's always been voluntary. it may be "voluntary" in the sense that u can choose not to go the tournament, but it's not quite the same when u know that the money isnt actually being used towards the venue.

edit: on that note theres no harm in starting a gpf, but it would have to be for a specific tourney already (like maybe FC? or perhaps something smaller like a regional) and could be collected over a number of tournaments.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Who agrees that sung should put a venue fee on this and all the venue fee will be used to ship good players out and the person who has the highest win rate at these should be sent somewhere. i dunno just seems like a good idea and we never travel. it would also bring more top tier competition cause who doesn't want to fly to another state and go to a big tourney?
That's called the 1st place tournament winnings Wes ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
NBA Guru ‏ @NBAGuru
Dates of Game 1's announced- Sat: Phi or Nyk/Chi, Nyk or Phi/Mia, Orl/Ind, Dal or Den/Okc. Sun: Uta/San; Den or Dal/Lal, Lac/Mem, Bos/Atl

SPURS' PLAYOFF OPENER = SUNDAY

yayayayayayayayay!

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
den or dal/okc the saturday late game? sa-weet!

ben if ur coming to this i expect my $10

i'm kinda hoping you test me and dont pay me. i am not in the mood bruh

wes' idea is awful, only serves the 1%. frankly idc if you don't feel there's competition, no one's making you play this game

Raish

Smash Rookie
I'm still deciding if I have time for this or not, but if I'm productive enough today, I'll come and bring a setup.

WHA?

Smash Ace
is 818 comin to this??
can i get ride
8156 kelvin ave canoga park ca 91306

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
good games to wes and hyprid. those guys are beast.

wish i could have stayed and get ***** by the new kings of melee (fly johnny wes lovage etc) but my friend johnathan was getting bored of getting ***** (i told you guys to go easy on him LOL) so i had to leave early.

also **** everybody who was rooting against me when i was playing hyprid

much love to all the og smashers <3 (adam johnny fly oscar and wes)

also crimson blur is a legit dude

Top Bottom