• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Serious Business

Pritch

Smash Lord
I don't like brawl much, but I"m not gonna lie, some of these are pretty amazing.

And btw, hyro over here in new orleans has naked zero suit samus, though I suspect posting that one up would get the thread locked. It's pretty realistic.:laugh:

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
is there a way to mod teams so you can use black or white et. as colors? or even use these costumes in teams?
Yes actually. When you use custom textures, what you're really doing is replacing already existing colors. Most people replace the character's red looking costum with a red looking texture ect, but you don't really have to. I could replace red Sonic with Shadow and play him in teams for if I wanted to.

@Squirtle squad shades....we can't edit models yet so we can't do that. We can edit colors all we want, but the shape must remain the same. However, we are making progress that area, so we may start seeing stuff like that in a month or two.

With that in mind....by the end of the year we may be able to even make our own characters. At this point we can edit attacks in terms of damage, launch angle, base knockback, knockback growth, speed (at any point in the attack, which means duration, startup lag, ending lag, and landing lag), and even physics such as gravity while performing the move (i.e. reduce the character's gravity during the move to make up Bs go higher). We can edit character properties like weight, fall speed, jump height, dash speed, and the amount of momentum transferred from a dash into a jump. Basically, we can edit a lot of ****.

So actually making our own characters....is a distinct possibility. Don't get too excited though. We might not be able to do that for legal reasons (for a long time texture hacks were illegal because you had to rip the ISO and burn a copy of the disc in order to use them, which is illegal. We only recently figured out how to use textures as a code hack to get around this legality issue)

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
I okay so you know how you can do the moveswap thing, right?
Is there a way to give one character moves from a bunch of other characters(ie a Fox model that carries a sword with CF's Ftilt, MEta's Dair, Marth's Usmash, etc)

If Brawl+'s customization becomes THAT deep, it'll never become tourney viable but god ****, It'd be my fave Smash game.

yeah, I ****in` said it.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I okay so you know how you can do the moveswap thing, right?
Is there a way to give one character moves from a bunch of other characters(ie a Fox model that carries a sword with CF's Ftilt, MEta's Dair, Marth's Usmash, etc)

If Brawl+'s customization becomes THAT deep, it'll never become tourney viable but god ****, It'd be my fave Smash game.

yeah, I ****in` said it.
Actually, that's EXACTLY what we were looking at. Sadly we haven't been able to separate individual moves and swap them yet (and some of the moveset swaps currently cause freezes, so those may need fixing). That and animations don't look so smooth when you transfer movesets (like the Ike=Marth moveset. The only thing that transferred correctly was f-smash.) However, we recently started on making custom animations, so this won't be a problem in the future.

And I think it'll become competitively viable eventually. We just need to freakin' finish our changes already and just release a final set. After that we could have patches (WHICH WE CAN DO NOW) like every 6 months or something (and only for extreme cases like game breaking stuff). Well...that and new characters:p

Top Bottom