• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SEPTEMBER 29th {Waba Games} Atlanta Area SSBM SINGLES+DOUBLES Cash Tourney

chaddd

Smash Lord
I'm posting this post as list of things that suck:

-Anyone willing to pay fifteen dollars for something you can do for free just so you can feel more social by saying you're part of a 'community'. Not all communities have ten dollar doorfee requirements, Waba Games.
-Scrubs.
-Advertising sh*tty Halo tournaments on a Smash Brothers Forum.
-Door fees. Don't talk to me or anyone else on these forums as though you have some special community of gamers because you work at or with a business that's central form of profit is charging people to play your video games. Anyone trying to profit by 10 dollars a head for a lackluster tournament cares nothing for this game or it's players. You argue that its not so much to profit, but you don't realize that almost all big independent tournaments LOSE money from being held. Now that`s love for the community.

So please, hold your tournament Just please stop talking about Halo, Soul Calibur, and above all, your wonderful and amazing community where everyone just has to hand you 10 dollars everytime they see you.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
If that so called "****ty" Halo 3 tournament wern't on the 20th of October... I'd be there. Why? Because Halo drags in more money than Smash does, and I can confidently say I stand a **** good chance at taking that. So... I am at least glad he mentioned it. *shrugs* he's doing what any other business would do, and thats advertise. People here do play other games than just Smash...

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman
I'm posting this post as list of things that suck:

-Anyone willing to pay fifteen dollars for something you can do for free just so you can feel more social by saying you're part of a 'community'. Not all communities have ten dollar doorfee requirements, Waba Games.
-Scrubs.
-Advertising sh*tty Halo tournaments on a Smash Brothers Forum.
-Door fees. Don't talk to me or anyone else on these forums as though you have some special community of gamers because you work at or with a business that's central form of profit is charging people to play your video games. Anyone trying to profit by 10 dollars a head for a lackluster tournament cares nothing for this game or it's players. You argue that its not so much to profit, but you don't realize that almost all big independent tournaments LOSE money from being held. Now that`s love for the community.

So please, hold your tournament Just please stop talking about Halo, Soul Calibur, and above all, your wonderful and amazing community where everyone just has to hand you 10 dollars everytime they see you.
Chad, that was the Waba owner, Min, not me, and all he was doing was giving examples of what they do, not advertising on here. He was offering free day passes, and explaining in a very decent manner in what they do. If you don't like it so much, then you don't have to post here, but don't get so offended at the fact that there is a business for gamers.

I don't know what offends you so much, or why you are so mad, but please, if you will, leave
us be in peace.

Not I, nor the owner of Waba have done ANYTHING to you or the smash boards community.

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman
Not mocking, just pointing out a few things.

chaddd's going to fullmetal's because he'd have more fun there.

W/E.
Sorry if I insulted ya, Davey.
I didn't mean it that way.

Let's have make up make out sessions at AWA.
Yeah, no problem man.
I don't mean to start trouble, especially since I enjoy smash a lot.

And, apparently Chad is out for more than just going there and having fun,
because he seems to have a big problem with Waba's existence.

chaddd

Smash Lord
Chad, that was the Waba owner, Min, not me, and all he was doing was giving examples of what they do, not advertising on here. He was offering free day passes, and explaining in a very decent manner in what they do. If you don't like it so much, then you don't have to post here, but don't get so offended at the fact that there is a business for gamers.

I don't know what offends you so much, or why you are so mad, but please, if you will, leave
us be in peace.

Not I, nor the owner of Waba have done ANYTHING to you or the smash boards community.
I call bullsh*t. You offended me the moment you were rude to my friend when he suggested a compromise. I don't care about lame excuses acting as though you've done nothing. You had your chance to compromise, yet you insisted on being a d*ck to my friend. Don't act as though you're somehow a victim that's being preyed upon innocently. We all read the email.

And if I don't like it I'm supposed to post somewhere else?

Please please please please please stop pretending like you're any part of this community or that anyone else is arguing for you other than Gerbil.

By the way Gerbil, I'd beat you in Halo. Sorry.

EDIT:
Yeah, no problem man.
I don't mean to start trouble, especially since I enjoy smash a lot.

And, apparently Chad is out for more than just going there and having fun,
because he seems to have a big problem with Waba's existence.
Please don't suggest that you know my motives or desires in any way, shape, or form as you know nothing about me. It would be best to leave me out of your posts from now on. Thanks.:)

Tsunami157

Smash Journeyman
SleepyK at least you aren't malicious when you post. <3
:Sighs:
Gerbil is right about the Halo community or should I call it the only gaming community that casual gamers actually respect. Srsly Halo destroys Smash in popularity.
Why did MLG drop smash from its lineup and pick up Rainbow Six/Gear of War ?
(b/c Smash is popular? :confused:)
Bottom line: Wouldn't call any Halo tournament sh*** by any means.

Oh and btw.... Yeah!! Why play in tournaments when you can play the game for free. A sincere conundrum if I saw any. Let's stop paying for smash and just do it for free. Playing for the expectation of not winning money. OMG that is LOVE FOR A COMMUNITY. Sounds Pretty Super To Me!!!
:bigthumbu /sarcasm nuclear bomb

Chaddd Gerbil beats you in Halo. Sorry

Thanks for announcing some future plans
Holla when you guys get that Brawl tourney together
Definitely looking forward to going to that

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman
Word @ Gerbil and Alphagundam

Tehdave : You seem like a cool guy to me. I haven't seen any instances of you badmouthing others and quite frankly, I feel you have been pretty nice through all the drama. (lot nicer than I would have been ;)) "Some of us" appreciate what you are trying to do with the tourney and commend you for it. I don't know if I can attend this particular tourney b/c of distance and school, but I will make my sincerest effort to attend a tourney at a future date.
You took the time to put this on Smashboards in the Atlantic South section where apparently only "experienced" organizers have the "brain capacity" to run tournaments and gatherings. :rolleyes:
It took courage to put your name out there and I respect that. :)

Others: It seems as if we have an impasse at this juncture. We don't want to say that the GA scene is lacking, but we don't embrace new venues. :confused: Hmmm... w/e

Chaddd: I am sorry we can not all be as familiar with "tradition" as you are.
The fact is you can easily win the money at the tournament. I on the other hand don't have a chance at winning. I could say **** smash and do something I could win easily. However, I remember that I do this for fun and that money is secondary to being around other people with a common interest.
What is with the door fee comment. If you go to Waba...you go to play.
Thanks a lot for that man, and I'm glad you appreciate what they're trying to do.
They only began the tournament because we told them we wanted a smash tournament,
none of this ever required drama.

Appreciate it nonetheless man. :D

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman
I call bullsh*t. You offended me the moment you were rude to my friend when he suggested a compromise. I don't care about lame excuses acting as though you've done nothing. You had your chance to compromise, yet you insisted on being a d*ck to my friend. Don't act as though you're somehow a victim that's being preyed upon innocently. We all read the email.

And if I don't like it I'm supposed to post somewhere else?

Please please please please please stop pretending like you're any part of this community or that anyone else is arguing for you other than Gerbil.

EDIT:

Please don't suggest that you know my motives or desires in any way, shape, or form as you know nothing about me. It would be best to leave me out of your posts from now on. Thanks.:)
No man, I don't have to do that, you're seriously being a jerk about all of this.

I wasn't a JERK to your friend, I never went to his thread and tried to sway people to go to the Waba tournament. In the beginning, all I did was apologize for the date clash and ask him to email me for a compromise.

All I saw after that message, was him hinting that people should go to his, and telling me that Waba was screwed, I reacted. How is that bad? Just because he's your friend, and you can't see it the way I saw it, you have to spam my thread with constant insults to somewhere I really enjoy being at, to people that are nothing but kind?

There was even a compromise at first, I don't know what happened. Everything seemed alright, but out of no where, you guys decided to destroy this by swaying almost everybody to go to the other tournament. Great, you did, it now just leave us alone.

You don't even know what waba is like, you're just assuming it's a guy with games, who's charging people. It's a game shop as well, and he goes out of his way to get imports, and games for people who can't get it otherwise to play. If it's a rare game, you name it, they have it.

All I wanted was a compromise, I was hoping that there could be a date change, even if it was Waba side, because I would have loved to attend both, in a heart beat.

You're being irrational about all of this, even Sleepy seemed to see that I don't want drama or an argument. I don't want to have arguments, I just want the Waba tourney to go smoothly, and that is ALL I want.

And I'm NOT trying to be part of this community, because apparantly you just can't be part of the elitist smash community if you're hosting a tournament that doesn't meet the requirements of Chad. I love smash, but it seems I don't get your approval. Great. Now I can't be part of the community.

Thanks for taking the fun out of a lot of this.
Now please, leave us alone. Have some sort of decency.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Editing this again because this isn't about Halo. But to put it simply. No, you couldn't. :)

*shrugs*

Anyways, this isn't about that. It's about trying to remain calm about this tourny situation. Tournies can coexist on the same date without the flaming. We should just play Smash. If both tournies want to run on the same day, then so be it. Each tourny will get it's own attendants. Just no need for internet drama, it sucks.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Im still going to this waba games tourney.

There is something going on here that i don't like but w/e.

who wants to team wit meeeee? O_o

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Im still going to this waba games tourney.

There is something going on here that i don't like but w/e.

who wants to team wit meeeee? O_o
Didn't you ask Alpha to team with you? Errr at least that's what I thought happened...

I'd say team with me lol, but you're like the Great Wall of China while I'm the ant trying to find a way trhough rofl.

Tsunami157

Smash Journeyman
:Mike G comes to calm the fires

Moral learned: Waba's tourney and Fullmetal's smashfest can coexist without the earth imploding.

One more week guys

Hopefully this thread takes a more positive direction since the drama should be pretty much dead.

chaddd

Smash Lord
Gerbil: Don't care who you WERE.

Tsunami: You = lame. It's not about the money coming from the gamers. It's about the money going into other people's pocket simply because they held the tournament. 10 bucks a head and I bet they'd still want to take from the pot. Besides, since when has sucking at a game ever been a reason to give up your money? If more people in Georgia were less like you, we'd have a competitive scene, here. Instead, people come to tournaments all the time with the attitude like yours. I'm a loser going to continue to lose because other people own.

I was playing with Yoshi a year ago. I'm number 1 in GA now. Who believed me when I said it a year ago? Any of you? Stop accepting to defeat and improve so that these tournaments are more about winning for you. I don't like the idea that some people come just to get whomped on ever single time. You get whomped on because you're not trying hard enough to actually win. Losing has no excuse other than you're wasting your time being sub par at something you spend so much time with. Get into the competitive spirit and stop accepting defeat before even considering victory. Way to boost those Georgian spirits. And people wonder why we get laughed at as a state?

EDIT:

Davedude: You acted inappropriately towards my friend, and your side of the story is naturally going to sound in your own benefit. The only difference is, there's no other side to it. I read what you said. You were quite clearly being overly aggressive and flatout RUDE to my friend, and whether he was my friend or a complete stranger changes nothing. You are simply not the type of person i would care to have running a smash tournament I would be in attendance at.

Mike G: You **** stoner. I just talked to you about this TODAY.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
i dont really care which 1 i go 2... but apparently more ppl i know are going 2 mikes tourny... i'll go 2 whichever 1 i can find a ride 2
If you can get a ride to one, you could go to either, really.
Come to the one I'm going to, lol.
I'd like to get some Falcon dittos in.
ALSO: I demand a rematch VS. your Falco on Yoshi's. :p

**** your fox, though.
YA FOX AIN'T ****. <3

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman

Tsunami: You = lame. It's not about the money coming from the gamers. It's about the money going into other people's pocket simply because they held the tournament. 10 bucks a head and I bet they'd still want to take from the pot. Besides, since when has sucking at a game ever been a reason to give up your money? If more people in Georgia were less like you, we'd have a competitive scene, here. Instead, people come to tournaments all the time with the attitude like yours. I'm a loser going to continue to lose because other people own.

I was playing with Yoshi a year ago. I'm number 1 in GA now. Who believed me when I said it a year ago? Any of you? Stop accepting to defeat and improve so that these tournaments are more about winning for you. I don't like the idea that some people come just to get whomped on ever single time. You get whomped on because you're not trying hard enough to actually win. Losing has no excuse other than you're wasting your time being sub par at something you spend so much time with. Get into the competitive spirit and stop accepting defeat before even considering victory. Way to boost those Georgian spirits. And people wonder why we get laughed at as a state?

EDIT:

Davedude: You acted inappropriately towards my friend, and your side of the story is naturally going to sound in your own benefit. The only difference is, there's no other side to it. I read what you said. You were quite clearly being overly aggressive and flatout RUDE to my friend, and whether he was my friend or a complete stranger changes nothing. You are simply not the type of person i would care to have running a smash tournament I would be in attendance at.

The sad thing is, you are saying all of this because he is your friend.
That's the only reason you are.
I don't think as many saw it as rude and took it out on me until you did.
I wasn't being rude, I was simply defending the tournament.
Just go away man, you're just coming here and putting down people,
and flaunting how great you are.

This topic doesn't need this, please leave this tournament alone and
enjoy Full Metal's.
Please.

Prac352

Smash Lord

EDIT:

Except for the Nami hate . . . QFT

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Nothing has changed between my skill then and now, except a minor improvement just by watching my bro alone. (And my bro is easily the contender for number 1 in GA) Let's not argue though >.<

Prac352

Smash Lord
Nothing has changed between my skill then and now, except a minor improvement just by watching my bro alone. (And my bro is easily the contender for number 1 in GA) Let's not argue though >.<
I like how you post your opinions and then tell people not to refute them . . .

Somasu

Smash Ace
Hnn.. all the drama, but it happens, I guess..

My thoughts?

Dave, I read your email, and you DID react inappropriately. Perhaps you didn't really intend to, and under your point of view, you weren't responding rudely, but that doesn't change the fact that you were very rude to him. No, I'm not thinking this just because Chad thought so. I thought this immediately after I read your reply to Mike's email.

Mike did say that his tournament might screw over yours, but he never intended that as an insult or as competition. He was merely informing you that there could, and most likely would be negative results on your part due to the conflicting dates of the tournaments, his popularity in the smash community being placed as a reason (even though there would be more reason from the tournament attendies, as well). He then asked if there was anything he or you could do as a compromise. Your response came out as calling him childish and saying that all he was doing was trying to compete with you and flaunt his popularity, completely ignoring the fact that he wanted to benefit the BOTH of you. That's why I look at it as rude, and I'd think that exact same thing even if I knew absolutely noone in this community.

I honestly hold nothing against you as a person, Dave, or against Waba Games. I'd be all for going to this tournament if Mike's place had nothing going on. I just don't want to hear another of your replies trying to claim yourself (or Waba)as a victim when what started this was supposed to be something to benefit both you AND Mike.

There, my 2 cents. I won't continue this anymore, but I had to get that out.

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman
Hnn.. all the drama, but it happens, I guess..

My thoughts?

Dave, I read your email, and you DID react inappropriately. Perhaps you didn't really intend to, and under your point of view, you weren't responding rudely, but that doesn't change the fact that you were very rude to him. No, I'm not thinking this just because Chad thought so. I thought this immediately after I read your reply to Mike's email.

Mike did say that his tournament might screw over yours, but he never intended that as an insult or as competition. He was merely informing you that there could, and most likely would be negative results on your part due to the conflicting dates of the tournaments, his popularity in the smash community being placed as a reason (even though there would be more reason from the tournament attendies, as well). He then asked if there was anything he or you could do as a compromise. Your response came out as calling him childish and saying that all he was doing was trying to compete with you and flaunt his popularity, completely ignoring the fact that he wanted to benefit the BOTH of you. That's why I look at it as rude, and I'd think that exact same thing even if I knew absolutely noone in this community.

I honestly hold nothing against you as a person, Dave, or against Waba Games. I'd be all for going to this tournament if Mike's place had nothing going on. I just don't want to hear another of your replies trying to claim yourself (or Waba)as a victim when what started this was supposed to be something to benefit both you AND Mike.

There, my 2 cents. I won't continue this anymore, but I had to get that out.
I apologize and as you said, took things offensively, and responded how I felt.
As you guys saw my email offensively, I saw the "waba being screwed" offensively.
I'm sorry that the misunderstanding occured.
I really just want to have a good time at the Waba tourney, and I don't want drama.

I understand what you're saying Somasu, and wish that everybody would see that I am done trying to fight, I don't want drama, this is a video game we all enjoy.
These are two different tourneys, these are similar causes coincidentally on the same date.

I'm sorry to everybody, I just don't want any more hatred.
I will throw it all down, on my knees, just please.
I apologize, please just let us have our tournament in peace.

Tsunami157

Smash Journeyman
I thought I said that the flaming should stop b/c the scheduling conflict was resolved, but ......GUESS NOT

Chaddd : I'm getting better at smash all the time, and that is fine with me. I don't validate my own existance by how good I am at a hobby. Gosh I suppose I should kill myself b/c I'm not the best ultimate frisbee player in my neighborhood. OMG what do I have to live for.
Seriously, I accept where I am in the community. If I played my boys in CDE more would I be better? Hell yeah. Do I think I could never be as good as you? HELL NO!!!!
Better than you? Who knows
I play everyone in the game. I refuse to accept a main. Know why ? b/c It's fun to experiment and not give a ****. I played Mario, Game & Watch, and Falcon in pools. I did well and don't play any of them seriously. (Fifth seed) If I devoted time to just one character I would be so much better....but ya know what....who gives a d***. GA can do what they want to do. I'm playing the way that I play the game and thats the bottom line.

Besides why didn't you continue to play Yoshi? Why not main him ? Hrrmmmmm?
B/C he is a bad character? I suppose Taj should have dropped Mew2. It is for this reason I don't play high tiers in tournies. Tiers is all everyone cares about now.

Prac352

Smash Lord
The end.

Everybody cut this out, and let us and the people who come enjoy the tournament.
Every time you post about this crap, I'm gonna post a reply. You don't seem to get it. If you ignore this rivalry and let it die, it will. Posting as if you have some authority and whining about how you want it to all be done just pisses other people off. Keep the thread on topic by not responding to what you want cut out.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
Look if you dont want to go to waba then dont go no one is forcing you to go.
I dont see what the big issue is here really i mean $10 is a tad bit too much IMO but the GA communtiy should not dismiss this tourny all toghter we should give it a chance.

Chaddd: im not sure why you brought up the whole email issue especially after the issue had been drop. Tehdave already apologize for his remarks theres no need to draw this situation out. Tsunmai= Pwange, whatt makes you think that jared has that kind of mindset? as far as i know Jared loves this game to death and plays the game regardless if hes going to win money or not.
oh and Gerbil would OWN you in the face at Halo i promise;)

Prac352

Smash Lord
I thought I said that the flaming should stop b/c the scheduling conflict was resolved, but ......GUESS NOT

Chaddd : I'm getting better at smash all the time, and that is fine with me. I don't validate my own existance by how good I am at a hobby. Gosh I suppose I should kill myself b/c I'm not the best ultimate frisbee player in my neighborhood. OMG what do I have to live for.
Seriously, I accept where I am in the community. If I played my boys in CDE more would I be better? Hell yeah. Do I think I could never be as good as you? HELL NO!!!!
Better than you? Who knows
I play everyone in the game. I refuse to accept a main. Know why ? b/c It's fun to experiment and not give a ****. I played Mario, Game & Watch, and Falcon in pools. I did well and don't play any of them seriously. (Fifth seed) If I devoted time to just one character I would be so much better....but ya know what....who gives a d***. GA can do what they want to do. I'm playing the way that I play the game and thats the bottom line.

Besides why didn't you continue to play Yoshi? Why not main him ? Hrrmmmmm?
B/C he is a bad character? I suppose Taj should have dropped Mew2. It is for this reason I don't play high tiers in tournies. Tiers is all everyone cares about now.
Good mindset to have for the most part. Just because a person is good at their hobby doesn't mean they live for it.

And last I saw, Taj plays Marth and Fox in serious matches.

Tsunami157

Smash Journeyman
Edited by friend's request.

Chaddd: I never attacked you personally and I hope you don't think I did. However, please understand that since you don't like people making assumptions, I don't like it either. Don't act as if you know what I'm thinking or my mindset. Maybe I should play more seriously. Maybe I'll main Yoshi and be GA's Yosh player who *****. Who knows, but the point is I know I could be a hell of a lot better. ( I already have insane tech skill with everyone) However, I want to play for fun as long as I can. B/c from the day I get really serious I'll be a diff person and I don't want that. I like the way I am and know my friends do too, and thats enough for me. Don't care if it doesn't measure up. I know I could be good, but I would rather have fun. :)

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman
Every time you post about this crap, I'm gonna post a reply. You don't seem to get it. If you ignore this rivalry and let it die, it will. Posting as if you have some authority and whining about how you want it to all be done just pisses other people off. Keep the thread on topic by not responding to what you want cut out.
My god, I've just put it all down, apologized for everything, apologized for being rude,
yet you're constantly nagging me about not talking about it.

My idea of setting things right is to realize what I've done wrong, and apologize, because I don't want enemies.

Your idea is to ignore the offensive flames, and act like i never saw them.

I did see them though, and I care enough to apologize and see my own wrong.

If you're going to keep nagging me about this, I'm sorry I annoy you so **** much,
but I just need you to stop telling me to stop trying to put things right.

Just get out, for god's sake, you don't even like me or Waba.
YOU need to leave it alone.

I'm sincerely sorry all of this got out of hand, and I've apologized to everybody,
I just want smash discussions to commence.

Prac352

Smash Lord
My god, I've just put it all down, apologized for everything, apologized for being rude,
yet you're constantly nagging me about not talking about it.

My idea of setting things right is to realize what I've done wrong, and apologize, because I don't want enemies.

Your idea is to ignore the offensive flames, and act like i never saw them.

I did see them though, and I care enough to apologize and see my own wrong.

If you're going to keep nagging me about this, I'm sorry I annoy you so **** much,
but I just need you to stop telling me to stop trying to put things right.

Just get out, for god's sake, you don't even like me or Waba.
YOU need to leave it alone.

I'm sincerely sorry all of this got out of hand, and I've apologized to everybody,
I just want smash discussions to commence.
If you've already apologized, and you think you've done what's right by you, great! Now that you've fulfilled your moral obligations, you can stop posting about it. You're not letting this die. In fact, you and I are keeping it going. Keep talking about it and let's see how long we can keep this drama going.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
LOL all this over a date, 10 dollars and an email.

lol i didnt read that email until chaddd pointed it out...and yeah the waba guy(that is what i'll call u lol) was pretty rude but from his point of view he was just defending himself. but thats all done now.

I am still going to this as I said earlier. mostly to support the tourney and its community. Like I told you earlier on the phone Chad, If we shut these guys out and others like them then how will the GA smash community grow the way we want it to? Give the dudes a chance. It's thier first tourney they posted here so let them learn from thier mistakes.

And don't think I have anything against you or Mike. you guys are like my brothers. I don't know a **** thing about that waba guy(one of the gamers that plays there has a sis that works at my job but thats as far as it goes lol). h3ll im not even entering singles but im still willing to pay 10 bucks extra and the dudes from Columbus are willing to attend this even tho they live days away lol

ok then, Alpha if you're really going to this then u wanna team up or what?

EDIT: Waba guy, stfu already! we get it! ur a helpless little child at the dodgeball game lol

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman
If you've already apologized, and you think you've done what's right by you, great! Now that you've fulfilled your moral obligations, you can stop posting about it. You're not letting this die. In fact, you and I are keeping it going. Keep talking about it and let's see how long we can keep this drama going.
Great, thanks, enjoy your future tournaments. :]

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman
In all seriousness, what if this tournament was held the saturday after, or the next day, or something of
the sort, would that even change the dislike/turnout that this date has caused?

Professor X

Smash Apprentice
I agree that we should support local businesses over chilling in people's houses. At least when they go to the trouble of organizing a tournament. I also like how it will hopefully start at a pre-determined time.

And you're all rude. Get over yourselves and let's play some smash.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Since this seems to already be resolved here, let me just say this:

Hope you guys have a good tournament
I don't hold anything against Waba or Min, or Dave.
There was a conflict, but I think that the smashers can decide for themselves where they'd rather go.
I'll keep my reasoning as to which and why, out of this thread.
However:

@Professor X- Get over yourself, first. Organizing a tournament isn't any easier just because its hosted at someone's house. I can't speak for other "home" tournaments, but MINE always start at the announced pre-determined time.
If you weren't trying to say I can't run a tournament as well as a gaming business, please disregard this message. However, if you WERE, go **** yourself. ^_^

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
LOL all this over a date, 10 dollars and an email.

lol i didnt read that email until chaddd pointed it out...and yeah the waba guy(that is what i'll call u lol) was pretty rude but from his point of view he was just defending himself. but thats all done now.

I am still going to this as I said earlier. mostly to support the tourney and its community. Like I told you earlier on the phone Chad, If we shut these guys out and others like them then how will the GA smash community grow the way we want it to? Give the dudes a chance. It's thier first tourney they posted here so let them learn from thier mistakes.

And don't think I have anything against you or Mike. you guys are like my brothers. I don't know a **** thing about that waba guy(one of the gamers that plays there has a sis that works at my job but thats as far as it goes lol). h3ll im not even entering singles but im still willing to pay 10 bucks extra and the dudes from Columbus are willing to attend this even tho they live days away lol

ok then, Alpha if you're really going to this then u wanna team up or what?

EDIT: Waba guy, stfu already! we get it! ur a helpless little child at the dodgeball game lol
QFT
yeah im down for teams mike

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman
Since this seems to already be resolved here, let me just say this:

Hope you guys have a good tournament
I don't hold anything against Waba or Min, or Dave.
There was a conflict, but I think that the smashers can decide for themselves where they'd rather go.
I'll keep my reasoning as to which and why, out of this thread.
However:

@Professor X- Get over yourself, first. Organizing a tournament isn't any easier just because its hosted at someone's house. I can't speak for other "home" tournaments, but MINE always start at the announced pre-determined time.
If you weren't trying to say I can't run a tournament as well as a gaming business, please disregard this message. However, if you WERE, go **** yourself. ^_^
Thanks, enjoy your tournament. :]

Top Bottom