• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SEPTEMBER 29th {Waba Games} Atlanta Area SSBM SINGLES+DOUBLES Cash Tourney

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
His usually also has a cash tourney.

This is cash tourney and his is a gathering,
there shouldn't be competition between the two.
Is that an Insult?
The Spartan Army of GPC - Ready your weapons.

... for tonight....

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Hm dilemma....come here or go to full metals smashfest...
You should know the answer to that~ ;)

Now going to fullmetals instead
Good call...

now coming to wabagame
TRAITOR!!!

Full Metal's tourney does'nt have door fees.
And its the same entry fee price.

What time does this start?
Aye, you can play a 5$ tourney at my house for just the 5$~

I'll try to talk to fullmetal and waba and see what can happen.
It would be a shame otherwise.

This is cash tourney and his is a gathering,
there shouldn't be competition between the two.
Hit me up with a PM or on AIM, we'll see if we can work something out-
Cause, uh... my house has free sweet tea AND a tourney. <3

His usually also has a cash tourney.

Is that an Insult?
The Spartan Army of GPC - Ready your weapons.

... for tonight....
"Earth and water, eh? You'll find plenty of both, down there."

And in case anyone forgot...

THIS IS SPARTA!!!

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
im also going to this. Its right next to my job and I told the dudes at this place that i'll be there.

dem some cool dudes too. they play tekken and VF5 =]

sry Mike

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Because I'm sure EVERYONE LOVES smashboards drama:

On 9/19/07, Michael Buchheit <greenearthpunk@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi Dave, this is FullMetal (Michael Buchheit)~
I'm shooting you this email to see if you have any suggestions for some sort of compromise about the 29th?
I don't feel I'm going to lose out if I go ahead with my smashfest/tourney as I have planned out, but I think it may hurt Waba's turnout, because a lot of the regular smashers in GA's community would rather come to my house...
So, in order to try and not screw YOUR tournament over...
Got any ideas? Perhaps a combination of tourneys? Time changes? Let me know whats workable for you, and we'll see if we can pull this out of the fire.

Sincerely,
-FullMetal
Dave Levene <thetehdave@gmail.com> wrote:

Please try and stop competing, it's very childish, Waba is a company based on
carrying a friendly game community, flaunting your popularity is obviously
going to work, but you're just hurting us.
Thanks.
I'll talk to Min, the owner about a compromise, because obviously
I'll tell him that other people want to go to yours, and that's a large
portion of it.
How would a combination of tourneys work out? I'm sure they're open to it.

And there's no fire, unless you're trying to cause one.
Then good for you, you beat out a small gaming business.

Dave Levene.

On 9/19/07, Michael Buchheit <greenearthpunk@yahoo.com> wrote:

Wow, what a **** reply.

So, to make amends for my own dickish response, I'm not holding a smashfest on the 29th.
Problem solved.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
lol Mike no one is forcing you to cancel ur smashfest u know. let them do thier thing man. u can always have ur smash fest after the tourney.

I dunno why but this whole drama thing is making me laugh lots xDDD

ps: Im only gonna enter teams btw if i make it on time. Chad we never teamed before have we...hmm

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Mike G and Chad?
I call broke **** on that.

As to no Smashfest at Mike's...
That makes me a sad panda.
I hate having to pay money to play a game and hang out with my friends. D:
Especially since I'm a poor sum*****... Even with a job. <_<;;

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman
lol Mike no one is forcing you to cancel ur smashfest u know. let them do thier thing man. u can always have ur smash fest after the tourney.

ps: Im only gonna enter teams btw if i make it on time. Chad we never teamed before have we...hmm
I apologize, I did not intend for there to be drama,
it was just I literally could not do anything
for Waba if it was on the same day; Mike has a rep,
and a good one at that.
And his fests are fun, I've been to one, though I was slaughtered.

This will be a blast though, a large turn out would be
a great event for Waba.

GA Peach

Smash Lord

chad already agreed to team with me. if you take my teammate, michael...BOOM! right in the kisser :chuckle:

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
@Mike G- You're gonna have to take out your two students if you play teams, me and TBag are looking to BRING IT!

@Desu- Quit yer biatchin, you'll have the monies to come if I have to sell Soma's soul to get them!

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I just got recruited into going, so I will be here. (I was told I have no choice lol).

EDIT: seems earlier I posted I was coming, but meh whatever lol. I don't have a teams partner, so if anyone is interested... I'm here. I do prefer someone good though... not tryin to bag on anyone, but you know how it is lol. I actually like placing decent in teams. ^.^

chaddd

Smash Lord
ATTENTION:

I'm not going to this tournament. Due to the email response to FullMetal as well as the simple fact that the door fee is higher than the entrance fee. When I was in the Street Fighter community, you could easily get blacklisted for attempting to squeeze extra cash out of your tournament attendants. Screw this tournament. Come to Buchheit's house instead. We're doing no door fee, 10 dollars for singles(more money in the pot, even with less people), 5 for teams, and each person can put in an extra 5 dollars(optional) for your own pizza(an entire pizza). Waba games is trying to extort money out of us just so we can play at their store. I for one would like to hang out with my friends with no outside influences on the tournament, no overbearing, uninformed rules, and no more crappy venues trying to make more money than 1st place at their own tournament.

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman
ATTENTION:

I'm not going to this tournament. Due to the email response to FullMetal as well as the simple fact that the door fee is higher than the entrance fee. When I was in the Street Fighter community, you could easily get blacklisted for attempting to squeeze extra cash out of your tournament attendants. Screw this tournament. Come to Buchheit's house instead. We're doing no door fee, 10 dollars for singles(more money in the pot, even with less people), 5 for teams, and each person can put in an extra 5 dollars(optional) for your own pizza(an entire pizza). Waba games is trying to extort money out of us just so we can play at their store. I for one would like to hang out with my friends with no outside influences on the tournament, no overbearing, uninformed rules, and no more crappy venues trying to make more money than 1st place at their own tournament.
First and foremost, my response to Fullmetal did not represent the company.
I know Fullmetal has backing, and I understand getting defensive, but if you were
to actually look back, he was constantly telling me how Waba would be screwed, using his popularity to his advantage, and generally mocking the company. All I was doing was seriously trying to somehow come to agreement, and would have talked to anyone and everyone
at WABA to move it to a better day if it were needed.

Second, Waba is NOT squeezing cash out of people. This is a company that brings the gaming community TOGETHER. And, how can they be extorting you, if all of you live so far away from Waba that you can't come regularly anyways? We already have regulars. The reason this tournament was put together in the first place was because the smash players who go there wanted Waba to have a tournament, and they did it for us.

I'm not sure why there is Drama, I don't know why this had to be in the first place,
all I was doing was freaking defending myself and Waba, and that was all I could
have done. I wish to god that you actually went to Waba once, and you'd see
what a good, kind place it was, and how wrong you are in thinking the things you're saying.

If nobody wants to come to this tournament, so be it, but it will be here, and if the date bothers anybody so much, I can talk to them. If you knew the manager, he's anything but greedy, but just wants a regular gaming community to play with.

Man..how awful can this get.

SleepyK

He was not mocking anybody, he was stating facts.
He wasn't like
"HAY U GUYS I HAVE MORE FRIENDS TOO BAD LOL"
he was calmly explaining how because he happened to know more people, Waba might have its business hurt, and he was willing to compromise.

Your **** responses are turning people off from this tournament.
So perhaps if you were less of a wiener, there wouldn't be drama.
Sure you don't represent Waba Games as a whole, but you're the contact we have from Waba Games. So to us, who are NOT regulars at Waba, you ARE the representative.

Anyways, I can pick people up to go to FullMetal's if anyone needs a ride.

I like how "Aw, man, you guys aren't coming" translates to "I'M USING MY POPULARITY TO MY ADVANTAGE" to dave. It's cool, really.

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman
He was not mocking anybody, he was stating facts.
He wasn't like
"HAY U GUYS I HAVE MORE FRIENDS TOO BAD LOL"
he was calmly explaining how because he happened to know more people, Waba might have its business hurt, and he was willing to compromise.

Your **** responses are turning people off from this tournament.
So perhaps if you were less of a wiener, there wouldn't be drama.
Sure you don't represent Waba Games as a whole, but you're the contact we have from Waba Games. So to us, who are NOT regulars at Waba, you ARE the representative.

Anyways, I can pick people up to go to FullMetal's if anyone needs a ride.

I like how "Aw, man, you guys aren't coming" translates to "I'M USING MY POPULARITY TO MY ADVANTAGE" to dave. It's cool, really.
See, what I don't understand was how he came to an agreement, that he would move the smash fest for the benefit of Waba, and then I come on today,
and suddenly everyone decides "Screw Waba."

And no, I said many times, that I understood that Mike could have everybody not go to this tournament, and I knew it would happened, and I am seeing it happen.
It's not a translation, it's what actually happened.
My response wasn't that of rudeness, I wasn't ever outright offending anybody or forcing it,
I was as well, stating facts.

If this is treatment for it, so be it, I can't really argue, because I have no influence, just
the word of a good company.

SleepyK

Please try and stop competing, it's very childish, Waba is a company based on carrying a friendly game community, flaunting your popularity is obviously going to work, but you're just hurting us.
... but if you were
to actually look back, he was constantly telling me how Waba would be screwed, using his popularity to his advantage, and generally mocking the company....
My response wasn't that of rudeness, I wasn't ever outright offending anybody or forcing it
lol .

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman
Seriously man, what are you getting out of this, truly?
You're blatantly mocking me entirely, as I admit to losing this one.
Seriously, I can't really say much, and you just feed off
endlessly embarrassing me and the company.

Waba IS a friendly game community.
He DID tell me on several occasions that we'd be screwed.
So be it, he was right, but I wanted an agreement
so both of us would benefit.
You completely left out the rest of it.

I wasn't being offending, I was really just defending.
If you really don't like the idea of Waba, or me, please just
leave and stop hindering any potential there still is
for a successful tournament, can I be any more obviously desperate
for some sort of peace?
I don't want to argue or fight with anybody,
and I don't want to be hurting Waba.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Don't worry Dave. Alpha and I will be here. Tournaments happen all the time on the same days, and each tournament has people come. *shrugs* It's just a matter of personal choice I guess. And I'm sure Alpha and I won't be the only ones from SWF showing to this.

*looks at Laijin who is probably thinking he can get another free win like MGC*

j/k with you Laijin ^.^

I have nothing else to say to the rest of you guys. I just won't be at FullMetal's is all. Either way, let's all smash and have fun :D

C......

Smash Apprentice
i dont really care which 1 i go 2... but apparently more ppl i know are going 2 mikes tourny... i'll go 2 whichever 1 i can find a ride 2

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry Dave. Alpha and I will be here. Tournaments happen all the time on the same days, and each tournament has people come. *shrugs* It's just a matter of personal choice I guess. And I'm sure Alpha and I won't be the only ones from SWF showing to this.

*looks at Laijin who is probably thinking he can get another free win like MGC*

j/k with you Laijin ^.^

I have nothing else to say to the rest of you guys. I just won't be at FullMetal's is all. Either way, let's all smash and have fun :D
I really thank the both of you for sticking by this tournament, we will
do our best to make things as fun for you as we can.
And I assure you, you will have a lot of really good competition.

Tsunami157

Smash Journeyman
Word @ Gerbil and Alphagundam

Tehdave : You seem like a cool guy to me. I haven't seen any instances of you badmouthing others and quite frankly, I feel you have been pretty nice through all the drama. (lot nicer than I would have been ;)) "Some of us" appreciate what you are trying to do with the tourney and commend you for it. I don't know if I can attend this particular tourney b/c of distance and school, but I will make my sincerest effort to attend a tourney at a future date.
You took the time to put this on Smashboards in the Atlantic South section where apparently only "experienced" organizers have the "brain capacity" to run tournaments and gatherings. :rolleyes:
It took courage to put your name out there and I respect that. :)

Others: It seems as if we have an impasse at this juncture. We don't want to say that the GA scene is lacking, but we don't embrace new venues. :confused: Hmmm... w/e

Chaddd: I am sorry we can not all be as familiar with "tradition" as you are.
The fact is you can easily win the money at the tournament. I on the other hand don't have a chance at winning. I could say **** smash and do something I could win easily. However, I remember that I do this for fun and that money is secondary to being around other people with a common interest.
What is with the door fee comment. If you go to Waba...you go to play.

SleepyK

Not mocking, just pointing out a few things.

chaddd's going to fullmetal's because he'd have more fun there.

W/E.
Sorry if I insulted ya, Davey.
I didn't mean it that way.

Let's have make up make out sessions at AWA.

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman
Waba Smash Tourney on 29th!

Message from Min, not Dave

So this aint going down anymore:(

Waba's Smash Tournament will definately be ON! I understand some people are going to Fullmetal's smashfest at his house because they like the cost factor and they like Mike, and that's cool. That will not change our plans on having a successful tournament on the 29th as well. We already have many preregistered Smash fans and will not cancel. I appreciate all the response we have been getting from all of you. Waba is setting the whole day aside to Smash fans for this tournament. Waba will ONLY have Smash tournament customers on the 29th. Fully dedicated to Smash fans for the fun and competition:chuckle: Goto Wabagames.com to check out the pictures of Waba and what they have to offer. Better yet, stop by when you get a chance to see what Waba is all about. Waba holds at least two tournaments a month. Naruto 4 tounament on the 28th, the day before the Smash Tournament this month. In October, Waba has a Soul Calibur 3 tourney and a Halo 3 cash tournament on the 20th. The next Smash Tournament for Waba will be Brawl for the Wii in December. We're open at least until midnight everyday with many FREE events through out the week, every week. Waba is a place for gamers to interact with other gamers in a positive fun atmosphere for all. We'd would love to provide all services for free, but then there wouldn't be a place like Waba at all. I respect Fullmetal and his friends, but would like them to realize the limits of a business to provide the best entertainment at the lowest possible cost. I would like to go to one of Fullmetal's tournaments in the future when it doesn't clash with Waba's, because I am a gamer. I love games, competition, and being around people who enjoy the same. Waba does not hold many Smash Tournaments, and this is our first cash tournament for Smash. I hope everybody's tournaments are a success and extremely fun for all! Thank you and see you at the Tournamnet.

Min--
Owner
Waba Game

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman

If you would like to 'preregister' by phone, please call Waba @ 678-417-9222 or e-mail us @ wabagames@yahoo.com. Please, only 'preregister' if you are definately coming. If you mention that you heard about the Waba Smash Tournament on smashboards when you 'preregister', Waba will give you a 'Day Pass' ($15 value) you can use anytime as an incentive when you attend Waba's Tourney. Remember to bring your controller for the tournament so their is no 'controller' excuses during play. If you don't have your own controller or just don't want to bring your own, Waba will provide controllers.

I would like to thank Dave for posting and help promoting this tournament for Waba on smashboards. I appreciate your loyality and friendship. I'll see you tomorrow at AWA!

Min
Waba Game
'Come Play With Us'

Top Bottom