• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SEPTEMBER 29th {Waba Games} Atlanta Area SSBM SINGLES+DOUBLES Cash Tourney

chaddd

Smash Lord
Children, children... calm thy selves. This is a global warning to everyone involved. No more bickering, and no more double posting.

Mike G is going to win so it doesn't matter :p <3
Uh oh. Sounds like we've been reported. LOL Dave.

But yeah, Zane, Mikey G needs to go to the Waba Games tournament. That way he won't have to play me and cry because he lost to me. :chuckle:

<MikeyG3

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
nice try chaddddddddd but im not gonna fall for it. so =p

did i mention that im not entering singles at this anyways?! so you can beat me all u want, chief =/

we still need to team at a tourney before brawl claims our souls

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Tehdave - Hey will you do me a favor, and go edit the first post with the new correct dates and times? There's some stuff in there about July/August events and all that, so it'd be easier to read without the older dates in there. Thanks. :)

chaddd

Smash Lord
Edited by friend's request.

Chaddd: I never attacked you personally and I hope you don't think I did. However, please understand that since you don't like people making assumptions, I don't like it either. Don't act as if you know what I'm thinking or my mindset. Maybe I should play more seriously. Maybe I'll main Yoshi and be GA's Yosh player who *****. Who knows, but the point is I know I could be a hell of a lot better. ( I already have insane tech skill with everyone) However, I want to play for fun as long as I can. B/c from the day I get really serious I'll be a diff person and I don't want that. I like the way I am and know my friends do too, and thats enough for me. Don't care if it doesn't measure up. I know I could be good, but I would rather have fun. :)
What a steaming load of bull****. My side focus in life is crushing scrubs with attitudes like that. I think you just John'd that whole paragraph. You're not good because you don't want to 'be that person'? What a load of crap. I talk just as much trash as I did when I sucked, only now I can back it up. Besides, what in the hell is more fun than winning? Anyone having to argue about fun being more important than winning just doesn't have the ability to win. I have loads of fun owning people. I don't feel it's changed my life at all. I play this game 3-4 hours a week TOTAL. It's still fun. I just pwns everyone at it. You make it sound like I have no fun at all destroying people, and that you couldn't possibly have fun destroying people, either. Trust me, it's fun. Only the losers have to explain why they don't find winning important, because the winners never even have to talk about it. Let's see this 'insane tech skill', only make sure you have something other than excuses to why it's okay that you lost rather than winning and talking about that.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
*sigh*

*steps in topic once again*

Chaddd - Jared is being real with you dude. He is not a cocky SoB who Johns daily about why he loses. And I can promise you he has the tech skill. There's no need to call his post as bull**** when he's just trying to point out what he is stating in a polite way.

Tsunami157

Smash Journeyman
MarsFool: Nah man. The only animosity in this thread now is coming from one person. (Chaddd)

Chaddd: Josh is right about my previous post. That was me being honest about my attitude toward the game. You don't seem to like the idea that someone likes the game for what it is.....a game. I love smash. It honestly pleases me to no end when I go to tournaments and just have the opportunity to play people. Honestly I couldn't care less about "competitive" smash. I only go to out of town tournies b/c my friends do, and I like meeting new people. However, this business about "pwning scrubs" doesn't appeal to me. Why enjoy crushing someone else when the whole point of smash is fun.
If I was playing a guy that had never been to a tournament before....I would go easier on him. (Heck if it were pools...I might let him beat me) I probably would be so busy giving advice I would forget about the tourney. That's just my personality. You have your personality, and I acknowledge that.

So please refrain from "attempting" to make me look bad when it just makes you look like a tool for insulting someone else's attitude concerning a hobby.

Nice touch saying that only losers explain why they don't enjoy winning. Last time I checked, Real"winners"don't refer to others as losers. I never said that winning wasn't nice, but I don't value it as everything.

Ah and the tech skill comment. I'm not dashizwhiz bananas, but I like being pretty flashy with everyone. Seeing is believing so...guess you have to see it. Be my guest

Behold Chaddd! It is possible to objectively talk to someone without calling their post crap. oh my goodness

Prac352

Smash Lord
MarsFool: Nah man. The only animosity in this thread now is coming from one person. (Chaddd)

Chaddd: Josh is right about my previous post. That was me being honest about my attitude toward the game. You don't seem to like the idea that someone likes the game for what it is.....a game. I love smash. It honestly pleases me to no end when I go to tournaments and just have the opportunity to play people. Honestly I couldn't care less about "competitive" smash. I only go to out of town tournies b/c my friends do, and I like meeting new people. However, this business about "pwning scrubs" doesn't appeal to me. Why enjoy crushing someone else when the whole point of smash is fun.
If I was playing a guy that had never been to a tournament before....I would go easier on him. (Heck if it were pools...I might let him beat me) I probably would be so busy giving advice I would forget about the tourney. That's just my personality. You have your personality, and I acknowledge that.

So please refrain from "attempting" to make me look bad when it just makes you look like a tool for insulting someone else's attitude concerning a hobby.

Nice touch saying that only losers explain why they don't enjoy winning. Last time I checked, Real"winners"don't refer to others as losers. I never said that winning wasn't nice, but I don't value it as everything.

Ah and the tech skill comment. I'm not dashizwhiz bananas, but I like being pretty flashy with everyone. Seeing is believing so...guess you have to see it. Be my guest

Behold Chaddd! It is possible to objectively talk to someone without calling their post crap. oh my goodness
**** Jared. I love you to death man, but it does seem kind of like a bunch of johns. I know you can be a lot better. You know you can be a lot better. So get better and don't post about the possibility.

And who says you can't win and have fun at the same time? I promise the "magic" of Smash won't disappear the moment you start consistently pwning face. I can't speak for anybody else, but when I started playing competitively and playing to win back in November, this game became much more enjoyable.

Chad may be a bit out of line, but seriously, dude. Just let it go. Pick up Yoshi and whoop everyone's respective ***es.

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
What a steaming load of bull****. My side focus in life is crushing scrubs with attitudes like that. I think you just John'd that whole paragraph. You're not good because you don't want to 'be that person'? What a load of crap. I talk just as much trash as I did when I sucked, only now I can back it up. Besides, what in the hell is more fun than winning? Anyone having to argue about fun being more important than winning just doesn't have the ability to win. I have loads of fun owning people. I don't feel it's changed my life at all. I play this game 3-4 hours a week TOTAL. It's still fun. I just pwns everyone at it. You make it sound like I have no fun at all destroying people, and that you couldn't possibly have fun destroying people, either. Trust me, it's fun. Only the losers have to explain why they don't find winning important, because the winners never even have to talk about it. Let's see this 'insane tech skill', only make sure you have something other than excuses to why it's okay that you lost rather than winning and talking about that.
wow

pwnd

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
*sigh*

*steps in topic once again*

Chaddd - Jared is being real with you dude. He is not a cocky SoB who Johns daily about why he loses. And I can promise you he has the tech skill. There's no need to call his post as bull**** when he's just trying to point out what he is stating in a polite way.
I agree with this post. He has reasons to play this game and if thats how he roles thats good enough for me. Im not sure why you have a problem with this chaddd anyways:dizzy:

Tsunami157

Smash Journeyman
Oh its teh Alpha Gundam :cool: This man knows the deal <3 Alpha

Keith: I never said I don't enjoy winning. However, fun is just more important atm. Note I said I was picking up Yoshi and not my Fox or Falco. Winning with Yoshi is cool (hard but cool), but if I really wanted to win that badly I wouldn't even bother with him.

I know you get where I'm coming from though. Unlike Chaddd, you actually know me. I also understand where you are coming from and will concede my point.
<3 Keith

Josh: Its three days until Halo 3 drops man. Don't forsake us entirely when I blows up. :chuckle:

:Returns to the safety of my egg: :yoshi:

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Josh: Its three days until Halo 3 drops man. Don't forsake us entirely when I blows up. :chuckle:
Dawg I plan on DOMINATING H3 lol. That Beta was so badass dude, and if the final version plays the same maybe I can go undefeated again :p (more maps than the Beta though, so I might get gayed this time around haha) I don't think I'll be playing much Smash Tuesday-Thursday lol.

Sleepy - Yo, you never answered my question. :( Do you have XBL? I've been getting back into Halo 2 the past few days just to get reaquainted before Halo 3. (I am still Smashing too though lol, just got done playing Alpha yesterday) It'd be cool to change up games with you. (I'm not a fighting gamer, Smash is the ONLY fighting game I've touched in years)

On topic - Tehdave, did you see my questions? :)

EDIT: Man... I just got some bad news... my GF has to go back to Taiwan for a week. She leaves on the 25th... what a day to have to go back, and the reason she is going back is even worse. Suddenly Halo 3's release hype has been killed inside of me.... >.<

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
Oh its teh Alpha Gundam :cool: This man knows the deal <3 Alpha

Keith: I never said I don't enjoy winning. However, fun is just more important atm. Note I said I was picking up Yoshi and not my Fox or Falco. Winning with Yoshi is cool (hard but cool), but if I really wanted to win that badly I wouldn't even bother with him.

I know you get where I'm coming from though. Unlike Chaddd, you actually know me. I also understand where you are coming from and will concede my point.
<3 Keith

:Returns to the safety of my egg: :yoshi:
Yoshi dittos the next time your in town jared:yoshi:

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
haha h3 is going to be rather different than halo 2
and i haven't played on live in a while.

Prac352

Smash Lord
EDIT: Man... I just got some bad news... my GF has to go back to Taiwan for a week. She leaves on the 25th... what a day to have to go back, and the reason she is going back is even worse. Suddenly Halo 3's release hype has been killed inside of me.... >.<
Yeah, because that's the tragedy here. She leaves on the release date . . .

Daysoo

Smash Ace
I totally rock at this game.
I also make johns all the time.
The only problem is that they're all outrageous and unbelievable...

"THE SUN WAS IN MY EYES!" (at night)
"FULL POCKETS JOHNS!" (I use this one regularly.)
"DUCK JOHNS!" (****ing ducks are the bane of my existence.)
"IT'S RAINING IN BEIJING JOHNS!"

Two points if you get that last one. ;D

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Yeah, because that's the tragedy here. She leaves on the release date . . .
You're such an *******. I was having casual conversation about the new game, and then simply stating that my whole hype just got thrashed because my GF's father passed away? **** you.

eastheaven

Smash Ace
unless you edited it out, no one could hvae guessed that it was cause your girlfriend's dad died.
i was going to say something about how awesome it would be not to have womens around when h3 came out too till I read that.
peace taiwanese dad. o>

Tsunami157

Smash Journeyman
:Pops out of my egg:

Haha its a date Alpha :grin: (Black Yoshi team eats em up) Yayuhz ;)

Dang Josh I'm sorry to hear about (won't release the name) father passing. I hope everything works out okay. My hometown next door neighbor passed away recently so I know how her family must feel. Wish her the best.

I think you misunderstood Keith's post. He was saying that the release date shouldn't matter in light of what just happened. I'll let you guys sort that out.
CDE is too raw to squabble internally guys. :)

(Good clucks in Halo 3 since next time I see you it will be out. **** em up!!!!

Can't quite understand Desu's post. I'll assume it wasn't aimed at me just for the sake of this thread :ohwell:

Anything else? CDE is beast

K I'm done
:yoshi:
:Returns to slumber in egg:

Gerbil

Smash Champion
unless you edited it out, no one could hvae guessed that it was cause your girlfriend's dad died.
i was going to say something about how awesome it would be not to have womens around when h3 came out too till I read that.
peace taiwanese dad. o>
... *goes to look* I did edit it out... cause at first I didn't find it to be anyone's business, but after seeing that comment from Keith it really upset me. I apologize.

*sigh* yes, it would've been awesome to not be bugged for a few days for Halo 3, but this is definately not the reason I was hoping for... :(

Tsunami157

Smash Journeyman
:Lunges out of egg:

To parody the Boondocks
What did you say Chaddd ? :mad:....oh wait I'm a smarter and better person than you :laugh:

Btw. I joined SWF b/c a friend asked me to. So again stop acting like you know stuff about me when you know squat.

You are a sad little man. I feel really sorry for you. Have fun with all that. :bigthumbu
:Goes back in egg:

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
Gerbil just pulled an ULTRA COMBO on Chaddd LOL.

I cant come up with long sentences like gerbil, but ill just say what i want to say right quick.

1: Like Bike said earlier im going for the tourny and the community. I mean i dont see whats wrong with that chaddd, im not trying to change your view *as if i was trying to in the first place* but you can at least respect our wishes and let it be.

2: People have many reasons to play this game, some want to be ultra flasy some like rockin with low tier, some just enjoy the game others like to win money. My point being is that he have our reasons to play this game and no one here should have to justify that to you or anyone else for that matter.

3: LOL @ us making johns, your one to talk

4: LINGUNI IS TEH **** OH ****ING LAWD. WHAT YOU GOING TO DO NOW NYUUKA!!!

5: meh gerbil already address what i was going to say *shakes fist @ gerbil*

6: I RULE @ LIFE, YOUR AN *******, BIKE LEE IS STILL THE BEST IN GA, I DONT CARE IF IM NOT MAKING SENSE, GERBIL AND TSUNAMI PWN, TIPMAN IS STILL THE BEST GANON PERIOD, I <3 GA, YOUR STILL AN *******, THE ALPHA GUNDAM FOR BRAWL!!!

Prac352

Smash Lord
*quotes you*
There are plenty of people I am better than, and there are plenty of people better than me.
. . . . . . .
If anyone should complain about pricing, it should be those of us who get pwned within round 1 with no hopes of doing anything. But they/we don't.
Losing in the first round with no hopes of doing anything? How many people are you better than exactly?

1: Like Bike said earlier im going for the tourny and the community. I mean i dont see whats wrong with that chaddd, im not trying to change your view *as if i was trying to in the first place* but you can at least respect our wishes and let it be.

2: People have many reasons to play this game, some want to be ultra flasy some like rockin with low tier, some just enjoy the game others like to win money. My point being is that he have our reasons to play this game and no one here should have to justify that to you or anyone else for that matter.

6: I RULE @ LIFE, YOUR AN *******, BIKE LEE IS STILL THE BEST IN GA, I DONT CARE IF IM NOT MAKING SENSE, GERBIL AND TSUNAMI PWN, TIPMAN IS STILL THE BEST GANON PERIOD, I <3 GA, YOUR STILL AN *******, THE ALPHA GUNDAM FOR BRAWL!!!
Alpha is teh roxorz!

Tsunami157

Smash Journeyman
:Pops out of egg:

Oh yeah I played Linguini at LTEC.
Yeah he's better than you. Sorry man.
Know that must break your heart.
:Attempts to care:.......nah sorry.

:Goes back in egg:

Gerbil

Smash Champion
You said "us."

gg
"us" is used as a general term to the community. Why are you still trying to nit pick at me? Alpha and Jared obviously support me, but I notice when you quote Alpha you choose to leave out everything he posted in my support. Good job at nitpicking the section that might give the slightest hint of me sucking.

BTW, GA, I am good at Smash. A lot of you are just better. <3 GA.

Prac352

Smash Lord
"us" is used as a general term to the community. Why are you still trying to nit pick at me? Alpha and Jared obviously support me, but I notice when you quote Alpha you choose to leave out everything he posted in my support. Good job at nitpicking the section that might give the slightest hint of me sucking.

BTW, GA, I am good at Smash. A lot of you are just better. <3 GA.
Don't flatter yourself, I quoted Alpha for the pwnage I agreed with. I left out the stuff that may lead to flames or didn't really have to do with his post in the first place. Because every body needs to see the phrase "shakes fist at gerbil." Get over yourself.

Tsunami157

Smash Journeyman
:Pops out of egg:

Tehdave: where are ya man? I just had a few innocent questions. :(

WABA pwns. I pwn. Alpha pwns. Keith pwns. Josh pwns. CDE pwns. It's all good baby

:Reads magazine in egg:

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Don't flatter yourself, I quoted Alpha for the pwnage I agreed with. I left out the stuff that may lead to flames or didn't really have to do with his post in the first place. Because every body needs to see the phrase "shakes fist at gerbil." Get over yourself.
*sigh*

You've quoted me twice now. That's what I mean by the nitpicking. There is nothing going on with me trying to draw attention to myself, I was simply replying to your statements and explaining the context in which I used those terms.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
haha h3 is going to be rather different than halo 2
and i haven't played on live in a while.
Did you get to play the H3 Beta? If not man, I gotta tell you, it's like a cross of 1/2 and it was extremely smooth. The whole host crap was virtually eliminated in the Beta. Check out Bungie.net, they just recently posted the new ranked playlists. I like the idea of their new version of FFA and then there's that weird TS list called Team Tactics or somethin like that. Anyways! It's gonna rock.

Top Bottom