• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SEPTEMBER 29th {Waba Games} Atlanta Area SSBM SINGLES+DOUBLES Cash Tourney

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
dun haaaaate!

yeah i been there. it's tight but Whole foods >>>> H martz lol

you should come and visit, jus look for Mikey in the dairy section.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I know I havn't posted much recently, but as Jared said, Halo 3 is looking amazing! I'd go on about a long post of fanboyism (no im not a Halo fanboy, but I am a huge suporter haha) but it'd be considered off topic! So!

This weekend is gonna rock ^.^ (haha, that is totally on topic)

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman
yeah i been there. it's tight but Whole foods >>>> H martz lol

you should come and visit, jus look for Mikey in the dairy section.
Alright, hahah, I'll take a visit then.
My mom works at the Publix to the left of it.
And I live literally 2 minutes from there.
Just tell me a work date or something.

And H-mart has something Whole foods lacks..
beautiful asian woman.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
>_< ****it! lol

well u can come today or tomorrow after 3, i'll be there. *leaves*

Umby

Smash Master
Hey, I could use some help getting there. I've plotted out a route, but once I get off the bus, I have a pretty good walk ahead of me. If anyone thinks they can pick me up at Morehouse or Doraville Station, let me know. (404)436-7122

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I could use some help getting there. I've plotted out a route, but once I get off the bus, I have a pretty good walk ahead of me. If anyone thinks they can pick me up at Morehouse or Doraville Station, let me know. (404)436-7122
I'll come get you. :)
Just call me a good time before the time you want to arrive at the tournament
at 770-656-4276. Thanks for joining us :)

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman
What is the attendence count looking like for this?
I'm still trying to decide which tournament I should go to.
Definitely not near as high as FullMetal's due to the unfortunate drama/my lack of prominence on this board.

But, it's a really cool facility, a lot of neat things/entertainment while you're
waiting for your next match, and if you need a ride, I'm willing to drive a good amount
to get people as long as they're in the ATL area.

:)

Prac352

Smash Lord
Eh? FM's tournament is'nt gonna be as huge as you think.

Just uhh..give me a rough estimate of about how many people you expect to show up.
Most of Columbus is showing up at Waba, and Mikey G, plus the "regulars." You can't really go wrong with either one.

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman
Agh. wtf Full Metal. You should just combine your tournament with this one. Make it easier on everyone.
That's what I thought was happening for a while. -.-;
Oh how I wish. Min would have adjusted things according
to what they would have wanted if it meant people
coming together to play.

Laijin, I'd say a good 30 people so far, if my estimates are correct.
And I'm hoping they are.

Plus, I'd love to lend a ride to anybody if they'd desire it.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Thats like double Full Metal's attendence list.
I'll probably end up coming here along with Tong and Zeus.

Edit: lol. FM. Just conform to this tournament and post pone yours till the next day or something. xD

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Look, I cancelled my tournament in the first place, because I didn't want there to be this kind of conflict, but several people asked me to hold mine anyways, so thats what I'm doing. If I get a poor turnout, oh well:
I'll be at my house with several of my friends and plenty of cigarettes, I don't see how it could possibly go wrong. ^_^

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman
Look, I cancelled my tournament in the first place, because I didn't want there to be this kind of conflict, but several people asked me to hold mine anyways, so thats what I'm doing. If I get a poor turnout, oh well:
I'll be at my house with several of my friends and plenty of cigarettes, I don't see how it could possibly go wrong. ^_^

And I definitely respect that dude, and I hope there isn't conflict between us.
I didn't realize it would conflict, so I hope that maybe I can join your smash fests one day again?
I hope your tournament goes really well.

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, a quick update on some things.

There will be snacks for anybody coming, including Ice Cream, Hot Pockets, and Pizza later in the evening
for anybody who wants some. Competition and relaxation is the goal here.

During the tournament, as you're waiting for the match, they'll be playing movies/anime/Tekken 5 on the big screen T.V, and there will be an assortment of things to do as you mingle around.

Like I said, if ANYBODY needs a ride before the tournament, let me know, I will freaking go out of my way to get you here to have some fun.

And last but not least; Min, the owner, is running this company strictly based on forming a community.
I just got done talking to him, and after this tournament, there will be some changes for future smash tournaments.

A) There will be no conflicting dates. I really apologize, and to Min more than anything, because
I find it my fault that all of this has happened in the first place.

B) We were ignorant on the topic of door fees and pot money. I assure you, while you pay the door fee, they'll do their best to make it up to you. I swear it. In the future, after this tournament, for future smash tourneys, there will be a lower door fee(He was actually talking not making a door fee at all), and just money for the pot.

I know I messed up a lot guys, but as this tournament comes forth, we all really just want to do our best. Waba is not what you think it is, it's not some crap venue, they really put effort into it, and hopefully it will meet your standards. These guys are really good people.

If any questions at all, please forward them to me here, or PM me about it. Thanks a lot.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
And I definitely respect that dude, and I hope there isn't conflict between us.
I didn't realize it would conflict, so I hope that maybe I can join your smash fests one day again?
I hope your tournament goes really well.
Sure, dude.
You're more than welcome whenever I have a smashfest, as is anyone else who wants to come.
Open-door policy, it'd take a lot more than some small-talk drama on smashboards to get me pissed off~ :laugh:

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Sure, dude.
You're more than welcome whenever I have a smashfest, as is anyone else who wants to come.
Open-door policy, it'd take a lot more than some small-talk drama on smashboards to get me pissed off~ :laugh:
*attempts to piss you off*

You suck.

*runs like hell*

:p

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman
Sorry guys, I don't mean to be obnoxious, but I'm reposting this to get it on this page because I posted it at the very end of the last page. This is just in case some people check on newer posts. ;3

There will be snacks for anybody coming, including Ice Cream, Hot Pockets, and Pizza later in the evening

During the tournament, as you're waiting for the match, they'll be playing movies/anime/Tekken 5 on the big screen T.V, and there will be an assortment of things to do as you mingle around.

Like I said, if ANYBODY needs a ride before the tournament, let me know, I will freaking go out of my way to get you here to have some fun.

And last but not least; Min, the owner, is running this company strictly based on forming a community.
I just got done talking to him, and after this tournament, there will be some changes for future smash tournaments.

A) There will be no conflicting dates. I really apologize, and to Min more than anything, because

B) We were ignorant on the topic of door fees and pot money. I assure you, while you pay the door fee, they'll do their best to make it up to you. I swear it.

If discussion goes well tomorrow, it could possibly switch to $5 door fee and $10 pot.
I'll keep you guys checked.

In the future, after this tournament, for future smash tourneys, there will be a lower door fee(He was actually talking not making a door fee at all), and just money for the pot.

I know I messed up a lot guys, but as this tournament comes forth, we all really just want to do our best. Waba is not what you think it is, it's not some crap venue, they really put effort into it, and hopefully it will meet your standards. These guys are really good people.

If any questions at all, please forward them to me here, or PM me about it. Thanks a lot.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
*attempts to piss you off*

You suck.

*runs like hell*

:p
Run and hide, rodent.
For no matter how fast or how long you run, the thunderous footfalls of the 300 will echo in your ears.

i'd make this sound cooler but poop.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Sorry guys, I don't mean to be obnoxious, but I'm reposting this to get it on this page because I posted it at the very end of the last page. This is just in case some people check on newer posts. ;3

B) We were ignorant on the topic of door fees and pot money. I assure you, while you pay the door fee, they'll do their best to make it up to you. I swear it.

If discussion goes well tomorrow, it could possibly switch to $5 door fee and $10 pot.
I'll keep you guys checked.

In the future, after this tournament, for future smash tourneys, there will be a lower door fee(He was actually talking not making a door fee at all), and just money for the pot.

For a first tournament, you're catching your mistakes quickly. It happens to a LOT of people, trust me. I'm sure the next one will be even better. See you tomorrow man.

@Darc - I got teh Masta Chiefzorz protecting me yo O.o

EDIT: Can I get a link to the pre-registration? I re-read your first post, and it seems more benefits go to those who prereg. Or if you could just sign up the following players.

Gerbil
The Alpha Gundam
Jx31
Seph20(possible)
DP's Mario(possible)

The possibles are those we have to get confirmation from, the other 3 are a sure to go.

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman
For a first tournament, you're catching your mistakes quickly. It happens to a LOT of people, trust me. I'm sure the next one will be even better. See you tomorrow man.

@Darc - I got teh Masta Chiefzorz protecting me yo O.o

EDIT: Can I get a link to the pre-registration? I re-read your first post, and it seems more benefits go to those who prereg. Or if you could just sign up the following players.

Gerbil
The Alpha Gundam
Jx31
Seph20(possible)
DP's Mario(possible)

The possibles are those we have to get confirmation from, the other 3 are a sure to go.
Sure man.
Sorry, I was at work.
I'll let Min know that Columbus people get pre-reg benefits. :)
Don't even worry about it bro.

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys. I know I've been posting a lot, sorry; tomorrow is the tourney, so I want to
get a few things out of the way.
It looks like we're going to have a good turnout..
maybe not as hot for doubles, but there are going
to be A LOT of good players for Singles.

And as well as that, we might have some fun after singles,
(Something along the lines of a crew battle from Mike's people :D)
It's not 100%, but it could happen.

I'll see a lot of you tomorrow, and if you need anything at all, PM or EMAIL me
or call the cell at 770-656-4276.

Specifically about the stuff going on in between, there are plenty of other systems, including 360 PS3 and Wii that you can play in between matches. Just enjoy yourself, even if you end up getting knocked out. You payed to play here as well as participate in the tournament.

Thanks guys.

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman
Alright guys, I'm going to hit the sack, I'll see those who come tomorrow.

If anybody needs rides before the tournament starts, make sure to give me a call
at 770-656-4276.
Try to keep it within the Atlanta Area.
Any other help can be given by calling me.

The doubles won't have a showing as large as singles so sit tight everybody who is
participating. You can do a lot of other things including Halo 3, Naruto games, Guitar hero,
Any Arcade fighter(with arcade controllers), and anything else of the sort while waiting.
You'll be amused.

And bring a little extra $ for good junk food. :]

See you guys tomorrow.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Heads up dudes, especially Columbus:
Doing a post-tournament Smashfest at my house on Sunday.
SO, if you don't want to miss out on friendlies with people who went to a different tournament or whatever, then here's your chance!

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman
Heads up dudes, especially Columbus:
Doing a post-tournament Smashfest at my house on Sunday.
SO, if you don't want to miss out on friendlies with people who went to a different tournament or whatever, then here's your chance!
Awesome idea, thanks for informing us, I'll let people who are there know that
at the tournament tomorrow if they don't get this.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
*Is accepting Halo 3 MMs* :p

On a more serious note, it's 9:45 right now, and Columbus is about to head out. See everyone shortly! :D

Top Bottom