• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Senate Sponsored: SWF Suggestion Box (No smiley suggestions!)

Kadano

Magical Express
Please add a hardware forum. We need a place to discuss Gamecubes, Wiis, monitors and recording devices. Right now, the threads are scattered among the “Melee General”, “Melee videos” and presumably some Brawl subforums as well (I haven’t visited them yet and don’t plan to).

I’m thinking of this structure:

> Smash Hardware
>> Gamecube
>> Wii
>> Wii U
>> Controllers
>> Capture and livestream devices

Kadano

Magical Express
That's an update to a XenForo add on, which we don't have.
Are there any plans to add this add on to smashboards?

Also, when setting the user text color to a certain value, all quotes in my posts become that color as well. What I would really like to see (although not as much as gfy support) is defaulting every quote tag without a valid user account number to default color and setting every quote tag with a valid user account number to the color that user specified in his settings.

I love the new look of smashboard is this just gonna be like this for one day only?
At the bottom left of this page, in the style chooser, the “Classic” option gives you yesterday’s theme back.

Last edited:

T-R3X

Smash Cadet
Still not seeing it; must be a premium member thing?

Thanks anyways though. Love your marth thread by the way! haha

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
BRING BACK SLOWPOKE WORLD FORUMS

10bringbackslowpokeworldforumschars
10oldaprilfoolsthemewaslegitchars
10ineeditsobadlychars

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
As Vegito said above, we want a smiley of the Substitute from Pokémon.

It would be used in awkward situations, where one person would be like "Uuuhhhhhhh........ SUBSTITUTE!" and post the substitute smiley as they flee the scene.

Acryte

Smash Ace
Could we please see a return of the "Tournament Videos" section listed in the the tournament section? Right now its disorganized and extremely cluttered and just having a tournament videos section with a subsection for each game inside that would be more than great. I'm assuming there are plenty of other users who feel the same way. I love the direction the site has gone in recently, but I feel it is lacking here.

Last edited:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
BRING BACK SLOWPOKE WORLD FORUMS

10bringbackslowpokeworldforumschars
10oldaprilfoolsthemewaslegitchars
10ineeditsobadlychars
I seconds this and also want the old premium Ambigutor skin back :(

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
No gifs.

Never.

Ever.

Ever.

People like @ BigHairyFart BigHairyFart have animated avatars because they're using gif files renamed as jpg files. The forum software is smarter than those people though so it just plays it as a gif.

You can't do that anymore though. :D

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Two things:
-I think this was mentioned a while ago, but why isn't there the option to have a PM main icon?
-A Smashboards app would be a godsend haha, but I don't expect it to exist anytime soon. A Kickstarter could help you guys out in that aspect, were you interested in doing that. Just a suggestion though, I love the website as is though.

Edit: Also, the ability to upload pictures from Brawl and have little Smash photo albums was great. Can I ask what happened to that??

Last edited:

Komotonoto

Smash Journeyman
Hello I would like to address some improvements this website can make. Right now all I have a problem is with double posting. Instead of getting infractions, for posting again, we should get a warning. I did not know that posting multiple times in a row is a big deal. Anyways, we should get the option to delete our posts in case we accidentally double post OR if some users (like me) don't understand what double posting is, since it isn't specific enough in the rules. This rule ->(Multiple posts in a row. If you wish to add/modify content you have already posted, use the "edit" function.) is not specific enough. It doesn't say how long you need to wait or what are the conditions of being able to post something again in the same thread or in another thread. Another thing is users should have the ability to have a explicit word filter. This way, people who do not get butthurt over "curse" words. All guest users should obviously have the filter on. This means no one should complain about swear words if they have the filter off. There should be some sort of icon or stamp on a post that signifies if the word filter was on or off in case someone turns their filter on. I doubt having the filter off will engage in more "fights" over the internet. The filter is just something that gives a user "responsibility" on what they say. These rules are something that should and can be fixed easily to improve the site. Here I am wasting my time over little things 13 year olds fight about. Also, isn't it required for a person to be at least 18 years of age in order to sign up? If possible, I would like to speak to the website designer of smashboards. Am I able to start a poll or something somewhere where all the people on smashboards could see and vote on their opinion about what I just said? If so, please direct me to the correct page so I do not make a mistake or get infracted, Thanks.

Last edited:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
1. There is a very, very shaky justification of posting in a thread that you are already the last poster in, in order to "bump" it back to the top of the board.. Even then, it's not typically recommended unless the thread truly bears some importance in order to bring back to the front. Depending on the activity of the board, you can see why this has no real set "minimum limit". Suffice to say, if your thread is already somewhat active and you simply wish to add more content to what you had posted, editing the post is the proper action. Any exceptions to that should be treated case-by-case, and accidental double posts are fairly easy to spot (and should not get infracted).

2. You must be 18 years of age or older to sign up without a parent's or legal guardian's consent. Users under 18 years of age may still register by submitting a form signed by said parent or guardian granting consent.

Komotonoto

Smash Journeyman
1. There is a very, very shaky justification of posting in a thread that you are already the last poster in, in order to "bump" it back to the top of the board.. Even then, it's not typically recommended unless the thread truly bears some importance in order to bring back to the front. Depending on the activity of the board, you can see why this has no real set "minimum limit". Suffice to say, if your thread is already somewhat active and you simply wish to add more content to what you had posted, editing the post is the proper action. Any exceptions to that should be treated case-by-case, and accidental double posts are fairly easy to spot (and should not get infracted).

2. You must be 18 years of age or older to sign up without a parent's or legal guardian's consent. Users under 18 years of age may still register by submitting a form signed by said parent or guardian granting consent.
Ok, so why do users of 18 years of age not have a button for a word filter? If we don't need mommy and daddy to sign up, then why do we need a word filter? Whats the point of having consent from a parent if everyone is under the same rules? Isn't it implied that if we need consent form a parent to sign up, that means we are not old enough to handle curse words or "mature" content? same goes for being 18 years of age. Since I don't need a parent's consent to sign up, then that implies that I can handle "mature" content. If this isn't the case, then Why even bother having a parent's consent? Anyways, why can't we delete our own posts? Especially if we are of 18 years of age. If I bring up an old thread, can't I just reverse the action by deleting my last post? Is there no way to implement some code like this? If else statements? I would gladly talk about this over skype since TONE is something you cannot get from forums. I still don't know who is the main site developer or owner of SWF to talk to.

EDIT: EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD, PLEASE GO VOTE ON MY POLL REGARDING MY OPINION ABOUT THE FORUMS. THANKS http://smashboards.com/threads/poll-for-some-improvements-on-the-website.353489/

Last edited:
Top Bottom