• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Senate Sponsored: SWF Suggestion Box (No smiley suggestions!)

Handorin

Smash Hero
Just putting it out that that these pop out ads need to stop.
I turned off adblock just for Smashboards so they could at least get some ad revenue since I'm not able to donate at the moment. As soon as I realized the pop out ad wasn't a 1-2 time thing, I turned adblock back on.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Indeed. That emphasizes the post I already made.

I mean, really. I even get popup ads on my phone.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Sorry about that guys, I'll notify Warchamp about these silly ads when I get home (assuming he doesn't see this before then).

Otherwise, thanks for your continued patience.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Can I get a fix for text boxes on phones? I use to have spell check and functionally working text box where I could copy and paste things, spell check and a lot of other normal things.

Now, my phone randomly leaves the text box for Save and it's super frustrating.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
So not only do I get pop-up ads, I also get double pop-up ads where after I close one, I have to close another one. They also occur when I'm on my phone, and it causes my phone's browser to crash when I close the ad.

I am not sure if it's because I'm using IE, but this is also pretty annoying:

Seems kind of fishy that it's asking me if I want to download that javascript file. This happens occasionally when I go on Smashboards. (It doesn't happen on any other site I go on.)

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
It's related to ads, you can ignore/cancel it or whatever. Can you PM me screenshots of these pop up ads next time you get them?

Skrlx

Smash Champion
This is not really a suggestion, but nice job on the site's background! I like it.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Would be possible to get an e-mail when someone leaves a profile comment on your profile (or they respond to it/one you posted on their profile)? I usually don't notice them until much later, but since my e-mail is linked with my iPhone, it would be much faster if there was an option for that. :)

Oh and also can there be like a visible character limit countdown so that we know when we should wrap up our profiles posts? It gets annoying when I have to shorten my post due to the character limit ;~;

Last edited:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
At the top of every page when I browse with my phone, I get the big red "it appears you're using adblock" banner. No idea why it thinks I am, but hey that's not the problem.

The problem is that it takes a second or two for the banner to pop up, so when I "go to Newpost" on a thread, I see two or three old posts first.

Or when I pull up the watched thread page, I have to either wait the banner out, or race it and risk clicking the "become a premium member" link instead of the thread I want.

It's incredibly frustrating.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I have the same problem. If I try to hit a button right when that banner loads, I can hit any other random link that it decides to put under my finger because the banner pushed everything down.

Also, another suggestion @marshy has was to allow anyone (including non-donators) to disable the smash 4 watermark. I imagine it could effect load-times for those with slower connections. It also doesn't display properly on mobile devices. It cuts out most of it.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
@ BSL BSL Are you seeing an ad as well as that banner? It should only be showing up if the ad there isn't loading.

@ Handorin Handorin Are you referring to the characters in posts? They shouldn't display below a certain width.

Handorin

Smash Hero
To answer both questions on my end:
Just the "no ad" banner displays.

And yes, the characters in the post still display.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
There is no ad. Only the banner. I don't mind either one, I just wish the banner loaded at the same time as the rest of the page, so I wouldn't have to wait on it to do things.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
If you have no ad and are getting the adblock notice, you have something that's blocking them. Noscript or something that is preventing them from loading properly
that's not my problem.

my problem is the way the adblock notice loads. it's appearing after the page is finished loading, and due to it's size, i end up misclicking links. can you empliment the adblock notice in such a way that it loads at the same time as the rest of the webpage?

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
all of them
http://smashboards.com/premium/

that's not my problem.

my problem is the way the adblock notice loads. it's appearing after the page is finished loading, and due to it's size, i end up misclicking links. can you empliment the adblock notice in such a way that it loads at the same time as the rest of the webpage?
so you're blocking the ads and want the notice about that to be less cumbersome...?

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
You said you weren't getting them, so you must have something that's blocking them. I interpreted your response as saying you knew that. What browser add ons do you have?

Last edited:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
You said you weren't getting them, so you must have something that's blocking them. I interpreted your response as saying you knew that. What browser add ons do you have?
None, it's an iPhone. I use the safari browser

Last edited:
Top Bottom