• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Senate Sponsored: SWF Suggestion Box (No smiley suggestions!)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It does have Mewtwo and Roy, though, and there are several players who play both Brawl and PM & have different mains in each.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Can we take the"feedback on new smashboards" link out of the top lefthand corner considering it leads to a locked thread and i keep accidentally hitting it while I'm mobile which is a lot of the time

Louie G.

Smash Hero
How about forums for unannounced vets?
I mean, I understand why there isn't, but it'd still be cool, considering all the ideas I have for some characters yet to be revealed.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Wouldn't that eventually just become clouded with groups of characters we're not even sure will get in or not? I mean just making discussion groups for unconfirmed past vet's and unconfirmed past vet's only is still pushing it since there's no promise they'll be returning or not. If you want, you could make a social group here. Just click the button on the top right that says create social group. And if you want to get more traffic there, you can make a thread for people to join the group.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Can someone explain what the upgrade to the site actually do besides from make it look different. And can you make the alerts red again. Makes them more noticeable.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Removed social groups, removed mains avatars. This upgrade is seeming a a little, not.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
'Cept for social groups.
Me and some buddies of mine were working on a game through social groups on Smashboards.
And I love the little main icons.
I'm with you. Maybe I'm sore over Youtube but I hate it when sites update with no explanation given. Even just a rundown of what new features there are, if any.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
The home page is great but is it possible to have a forum button near the logo? I keep clicking on Smashboards and am brought right back to the homepage, where instead I used to see the whole list of forums.

There is a forum button below the Smashboards logo, but honestly I keep forgetting to use it. Maybe highlight it in some way? Or ignore this entirely, it's 4 AM and I'm rather tired

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Can we just have the forum as the home page and put the news elsewhere? Most people are here for the forums and I couldn't care less about tournament news. I though the site had crashed when I first came here today.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Can we still have the mains smash boards logo go back to the front of the forums when in the forums themselves? I hate having to unlearn browsing habits.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
So the 15 years banner...

It's really making me uncomfortable with pit. I might actually make an alternative one...
Who would you prefer to see? I was aiming to use a newcomer in each game

Last edited:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Ah, that explains it.

For me, I was just trying to find some references on mario's up-b from all smash bros games.

But the only newcomer I'd prefer to see on it would most likely be olimar.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
(Pit was one of the "star" Brawl newcomers so it makes sense he's up there.)

--

Last edited:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Regarding to dgames and hydras, I'd like to suggest an option to switch between accounts and save the hassle of logging in and out.

Is that alright or not?

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Oh wait I get what your saying now. Thought this was in Dgames for whatever reason and you were asking to just post on your regular account rather than posting on your hydra. my bad

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I really love this forum and I'm glad I stumbled over it one day. I'm more of a lurker than a poster though as I am still figuring out many things. Most of my suggestions were actually implemented through the forum update (Such as staff online list on the forum sidebar) , but I do have one suggestion. Maybe below each forum section we could have the mods for that section listed. I have been on other forums and they were either listed inside the section below all the threads on any page, or they were on the main forum page under each section (and thread/post count). I don't know if it's possible though, I know it is on vBulletin but not sure about here. Anyway just a small suggestion if possible, so I know who to go to if I have a question about that particular section. If it cannot be done or is not necessary I understand, thanks! :cool:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
This one will seem silly, but as I slowly work on updating video threads and other things for people, it makes life much more difficult (and confusing) to have multiple smilies and smilies out of order. Some of the Melee characters are randomly flung into other places for example.

And do we need :zelda: when we have :zeldamelee:, :drmario: with :drmario:, :younglinkmelee: and :younglinkmelee:? I know it's a dumb request but it'd make lives easier when making certain threads.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I really love this forum and I'm glad I stumbled over it one day. I'm more of a lurker than a poster though as I am still figuring out many things. Most of my suggestions were actually implemented through the forum update (Such as staff online list on the forum sidebar) , but I do have one suggestion. Maybe below each forum section we could have the mods for that section listed. I have been on other forums and they were either listed inside the section below all the threads on any page, or they were on the main forum page under each section (and thread/post count). I don't know if it's possible though, I know it is on vBulletin but not sure about here. Anyway just a small suggestion if possible, so I know who to go to if I have a question about that particular section. If it cannot be done or is not necessary I understand, thanks! :cool:
rip in peace staff online list in the forum sidebar

i will miss you

#savethesidebar

Regarding your suggestion of having mods under each subsection, I believe that it was running too many queries, BUT I COULD BE WRONG (I could be thinking of the staff list or the friends list that was temp disabled).

We have considered it though, that much I know.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
rip in peace staff online list in the forum sidebar

i will miss you

#savethesidebar

Regarding your suggestion of having mods under each subsection, I believe that it was running too many queries, BUT I COULD BE WRONG (I could be thinking of the staff list or the friends list that was temp disabled).

We have considered it though, that much I know.
Haha just noticed that was gone yesterday, but that's fine as mods are red now and admins grey so they are easy to pinpoint.

Oh okay, thank you!

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
Can I get a little history lesson on what Smash World Forums is? At least in regards to this site being called smash boards. The SWF abbreviation has been confusing me for a while.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
Can we have an "Project M Main" option?
I second the "PM main" option
even though i'll just pick kirby again.
I was thinking about bugging warchamp on this, then I realized, what icons would we use? just the brawl icons? That would look weird. And the images used are about 16x16, far to small to slap the P:M logo on.

EDIT: oohhh... double post, be gentle with me.

Last edited:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Can I get a little history lesson on what Smash World Forums is? At least in regards to this site being called smash boards. The SWF abbreviation has been confusing me for a while.
http://web.archive.org/web/20011128180755/http://smashboards.com/
Used to be its name! I assume it was eventually just called Smashboards by everyone. You can see 2006 the banner changed to Smashboards and its been that ever since although everyone still abbreviates the site as SWF

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I was thinking about bugging warchamp on this, then I realized, what icons would we use? just the brawl icons? That would look weird. And the images used are about 16x16, far to small to slap the P:M logo on..
One suggestion I'd make is to use emoticons based on the SJS artworks for characters instead.

Top Bottom