• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Senate Sponsored: SWF Suggestion Box (No smiley suggestions!)

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
How about setting up an SWF/Admin sponsored premium giftaway for Christmas? I can assist if needed.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
dear AZ & co:
if reducing clutter on the main page is desired, a suggestion would be to move general gaming, general discussion, and arts & entertainment into a "Non-Smash Discussion" forum on the homepage, as opposed to leaving a 64 forum (a smash game on smashboards) with 1 subforum (with subforums within that subforum) in it on the homepage.

EDIT: it looks like the 64 players requested that change. i still feel the prior suggestion has merit regardless.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I believe we are still discussing forum reorganization, but thanks for the suggestions regardless.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but there should be a way for the avatar system to crop and resize large files for those who are too lazy to figure out resizing and cropping on a paint or photoshop program.

:phone:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Imgur is pretty good at resizing and cropping.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
We should be able to link our Steam accounts to our profiles.

That would be wonderful.

John2k4

The End of an Era
It could be a little steam icon under the post count (just like the AIM/Skype ones)..

John2k4

The End of an Era
Depending on what needs to be done to add those additional info bits, they *probably* won't be added until we are on the new forum software. But I like the ideas a lot.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Search function is currently broken, by the way. Or at least it never finds any results for me.

John2k4

The End of an Era
It's been offline for a while. Due to the excessive amount of downtime it would take to fix it, it will be restored when we migrate to the new software.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I know you guys are spread pretty thin developer-wise for the moment, but I wanted to post this idea while I had it. Some BBcode tags to incorporate Twitter into things would be awesome. Something [twitter]@example[/twitter] and [tweet]ID[/tweet] would be cool to embed twitter profile/follow buttons and specific tweets to make a point of discussion from has a lot of potential IMO.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Can multiquoting get fixed so the multiquotes carry beyond the page you are quoting it from? when I go to a new page with quotes quoted without posting them, they disappear.

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
I'm not sure if it's been brought up or not but is there anyway to put in a notification system for upcoming tournament in your state?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Orbo, in the mean time (assuming you need a workaround until its fixed) just cut/paste what you have into the new page and keep going.

Alex has a wonderful idea.
Expanding: instead of just your state, give us toggles for each state. I'd like notifications for AL, LA, MS, GA, and my location is none of those.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
That would be cool, but how is that any different than just watching the threads or forums? I mean, there may be 20+ tournaments per week posted, do you want an alert every new thread thats posted or when they are within X days of happening? It would seem to be more annoying/intrusive than the alternative

Bones0

Smash Legend
How would you be getting 20+ per week? I'd like to be able to get an alert for new tournaments in MD, VA, and PA. MD and VA rarely hold tournaments on the same day, so there'd be 1-2 tournaments being automatically added to my watch list each week, and some weeks won't have any tournaments at all.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
That would be cool, but how is that any different than just watching the threads or forums? I mean, there may be 20+ tournaments per week posted, do you want an alert every new thread thats posted or when they are within X days of happening? It would seem to be more annoying/intrusive than the alternative
i don't want to watch the whole ATL South.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
it'd be cool if like :falco: and :foxbrawl: and anything brawl worked

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
It works for some characters but appears to not work for others. Report your specific problem in the Forum Support

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Thanks for the mobilesite!

Should suggestions go here for improvement? Or could I talk directly to jugemu2k4 and bio/isa?

Top Bottom