• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Senate Sponsored: SWF Suggestion Box (No smiley suggestions!)

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oh, okay.

I've done that before, and I actually wasn't too fond of it, so I went back to how it was originally.

Oh well. I guess what I suggested is available then. Okay, thanks.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I still think it should happen. not everyone can find/use wysiwyg and the open and close tags being put in separately makes more sense.

:phone:

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Probably not enough interest was shown to justify it remain.

D

Deleted member

Probably not enough interest was shown to justify it remain.
It just disappeared along with MLG. It's just strange to me that it happened with no warning or announcement.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Along with MLG? When did they leave?

There's just some things that are done without need for announcement. I think that was an experiment of sorts and it probably just didn't garner the expected interest so it was scrapped.

But of course, you can wait until a staff member answers the question. I am only assuming this is why.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oh, he did? Well, maybe he moved on with his life like Gideon.

He wasn't an very prominent figure among the administrators and I think he wasn't very active here in the first place.

Don't quote me on that, lol, I haven't gone out and do research on the staff members.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I asked before with no answer, I'll ask again for you.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Along with MLG? When did they leave?
Sometime early in 2007. Later they were seen kanoodling with a younger, prettier smash game, Brawl, but we all knew it wouldn't last. MLG breaks hearts for a living. What a playa

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The summary is that none of us know what happened to it, but since MLG_JV headed up the room and since he's no longer with MLG, I'm guessing the room went away with him.

ndayday

BRoomer
You should know by now that MLG doesn't tell us anything.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
If I call MLG, talk to a representative, bring this situation (thats been going on for almost a year) to their attention it will probably get fixed in like a week. Have you tried that?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If I call MLG, talk to a representative, bring this situation (thats been going on for almost a year) to their attention it will probably get fixed in like a week. Have you tried that?
Yeah, we were told they'd get to it "right after this meeting that's coming up". Repeatedly.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
We can do things, but a lot of server-admin side stuff is only accessible by MLG, so we don't actually have the capability to do anything except ask MLG.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Next time you talk to MLG let them know I will take SWF off their hands, assume all costs, and give sundance a blowjob

... in the Sims

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
We can do things, but a lot of server-admin side stuff is only accessible by MLG, so we don't actually have the capability to do anything except ask MLG.
By this statement I'm to understand that MLG owns this site, but has no interest to run this site and left it to non-MLG staff members to head the site without the tools that MLG has?

D

Deleted member

By this statement I'm to understand that MLG owns this site, but has no interest to run this site and left it to non-MLG staff members to head the site without the tools that MLG has?
Yeah...you guys kinda need independence from MLG. Something the Ambassador group stood for was gaining sponsors for tournaments, and we can easily get sponsors to help fund a site. Think about it.

Having control would be nice.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Yeah guys, why don't you have more money lying around? What's wrong with you? Why aren't you filthy rich?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Oh man, asking for sponsors, what a revolutionary idea. I'm sure all kinds of companies would love to throw their money at an old-as-**** website dedicated to a fighting game obscure enough that some people don't even consider it a fighting game. Surely there is a lot of opportunity for these sponsors to monetize us by advertising at the numerous large-scale tournaments that Smashboards holds every year. And on top of that, the players that Smashboards own can also advertise the sponsor to further increase their profit.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I imagine the site would be pretty expensive to buy. Even if MLG doesn't do anything with it, I imagine it still gets a good amount of traffic, which is good for them.

BSP

Smash Legend
So what can you do without MLG approval?

:phone:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Anything that doesn't require directly manipulating the server's files.

D

Deleted member

I can't believe that I just read that smash is an "obscure" game.

D

Deleted member

Yes, but that wouldn't matter in terms of gaining sponsors as long as the game is popular on its own, not to mention the advent of Smash 4.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Wombo Combo is just about the only thing people outside of the community know about competitive Smash.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Most people on the internet are familiar with the rules for competitive Smash. No items, Fox only, Final Destination. And tires don exits.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Suggestion: Allow closed topics to be quoted. It is possible to generate the quote code (its just the post id). When clicked, it takes you to a standard advanced post edit with the quote present. Replace the submit button with a "thread is closed" message

ndayday

BRoomer
I actually have a FAQ almost done, just waiting on awards being back up so I can finish adding a few postbits that aren't showing right now.

Also 1/2 way through fixing up the User Guide.

ndayday

BRoomer
There's no need, I'm basically remaking the entire thing from the ground up and I'm pretty far so I'd rather not have the effort wasted, haha.

Top Bottom