• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Senate Sponsored: SWF Suggestion Box (No smiley suggestions!)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
List of websites that do not censor:

4chan
*chan
YouTube comments
Virtually every blog ever
Cracked
tumblr

CLEARLY THERE IS AN OBVIOUS DIRECT CORRELATION BETWEEN NOT CENSORING AND QUALITY

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
As everyone from dGames, co signing this.

The argument of "BUT ITS NOT HERE EITHER AND THE SITUATION IS SIMILAR" is bull****. If the status quo is broken in other places too, fix it in those places too.

Now SWF can either decide to fix the status quo for some people, or they can keep it up and expand no effort. Up to them.

@above:
I'm curious how much brain power you used to find that awesome correlation.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
List of websites that do not censor:

4chan
*chan
YouTube comments
Virtually every blog ever
Cracked
tumblr

CLEARLY THERE IS AN OBVIOUS DIRECT CORRELATION BETWEEN NOT CENSORING AND QUALITY
The point of this post is very powerful.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Uncensor DGames and we'll show you that the intelligence level between us and those other areas is vast.

In the event that the quality degrades even slightly too far, reinforce the censor.

Telling us "No because you might turn out to be bad" is an awful thing, especially when the remedy is just to go back to enforcing it.

Honestly what could go wrong?

:phone:

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The global censor is a policy that MLG enforces to ensure suitability for all ages.

There is no valid special case for DGames needing the censor to be removed. Agreed, it can add a little extra flair to some AGames etc, but that's not enough of a justification to remove the censor.

MLG pays the bills, and if they have a policy, then it sticks. That's just the way it works, SWF is a private domain, and those who own it can do with it what they see fit.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Cute, don't need the jokes.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
They may pay the bills, but that doesn't mean they don't listen to their community. This isn't a **** & complain. This is a request. So yeah would be much appreciate it if yal can take it up to the shack/chambers/ads.

John2k4

The End of an Era
It has been taken up there.

Teran's first response reflects feelings from there.

John2k4

The End of an Era
My best guess for that one is that with MLG_JV's leave, there was no longer anyone to head that group, and it dissolved.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
They may pay the bills, but that doesn't mean they don't listen to their community. This isn't a **** & complain. This is a request. So yeah would be much appreciate it if yal can take it up to the shack/chambers/ads.
Mlg listen to our community. You've got jokes dude

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Alright so check it. Keep the censors. Just stop editing our posts and infracting for dodging is what I'm really asking (ie remove dodging as being a violation). btw who in MLG still reps swf?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I'm pretty sure even if things weren't censored the swearing wouldn't be excessive, I hardly see it happen regularly but it's just a tad annoying. I don't think it's something that needs to be happen right now but would be nice to consider. Either way Zen has bribed us all.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Co signing my support to the removal of sensors from dGames/forum wide.

Additional idea/work around: add an age limit to SWF's "terms and conditions" that require you to be over 13 to create an account. Anyone at this age is at least mature enough to be exposed to cursing/swear words, and I really doubt anyone younger than that actually visits these forums (or at least, they're an incredible minority who have no business meeting strangers online and going to smash tournaments).

Considering how much the tournament scene is apart of this site, I'm surprised there isn't an age limit (excuse me if there already is, I just don't remember one being there when I signed up).

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Do you actually not understand the concept that MLG requires we have the censor or...

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Why wouldn't we enforce a rule they want us to have?
The way I see it is it (keeping the censor) keeps it from being excessive.
The only reason people dodge is when the word has specific purpose.

But if I'm just casually typing "yo watsup ****es!" there's no reason to really dodge that. Ya dig? Some of the posts that are reported are quite ridiculous. It just needs to be laxed up.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Yes as someone who would like the censor off that is obviously how you see it. However, a lot of people DO censor dodge for that reason.

This issue isn't really up for debate. MLG wants us to enforce a censor, we will enforce a censor.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Do you actually not understand the concept that MLG requires we have the censor or...
Travis, we understand clearly. Hence why we are expressing why we would like it changed, here, in a respectful manner.

That is what this thread is for mate:
So we wanted to give all users a chance to share their thoughts, ideas, or positive suggestions they have to improve the site.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
OK well good luck getting a hold of MLG through here because you're barkin up the wrong tree.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
I just wish you'd realize how illogical your reasoning is.

-The invisible force doesn't want us to do it, so we can't do it.
-The invisible force doesn't exist. There's no way to get their attention.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
It exists. It just doesn't listen to us. Until we do something it doesn't like.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Because we have the ability to change some things. The censor isn't one of them.

I dunno why I'm answering these. I'm not staff.

rolls away

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Sorry, Jungle is just another one of us staff guys who've gotten burned by MLG not paying any attention to us whatsoever until they found one of our April Fools jokes "alarming" and went into total Skynet mode on the site.

Our best contact to MLG is through AlphaZealot, so if you can get a hold of him that might be the best chance to petition site-wide policies that we can't alter.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I don't think you realise how ofyen the censor issue has been brought up over the years.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Just coming in to note, when you signed up to SWF, you agreed to the terms of services, the censor code being one of them.

You are being provided a free service to network with smashers local and world wide.

Jungle has a good point, but when's the last time someone got infracted for 10char dodging?
Just the other day. Don't discount it just because you are not there to witness it.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Those are two different things BSL, even if they are both rules. 10char is there to prevent really short posts which is a pretty lax rule in some rooms where postcount is turned off (no one is going to infract you for dodging to say "yes" to someone in a mafia game for example). It is enforced in other rooms though.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I don't like the censor either since I think this site is of people 13 and over and I think they can handle it, but MLG pays for the site to stay up, so they make the rules.

That's how it works. It's not illogical that the people who pay for the site make the rules.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Those are two different things BSL, even if they are both rules. 10char is there to prevent really short posts which is a pretty lax rule in some rooms where postcount is turned off (no one is going to infract you for dodging to say "yes" to someone in a mafia game for example). It is enforced in other rooms though.
And here is my point. 10char dodging is against the rules but doesn't get infracted in DGames for specific DGames reasons.

Find&Replace "10char" with "censor"

John2k4

The End of an Era
The case is closed.

The censor stays as per MLG's rules.

If you want to try and have it removed, take it up with MLG as previously stated in this discussion.
We cannot remove the censor without MLG.

:phone:

Top Bottom