• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seizure of Power 10 (Utah - January 19th)

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
SoP7 is (hopefully) doing a Low Tier tournament instead of a crew battle. You should come!

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
LOL That's certainly an interesting, new idea (but I wasn't surprised that Buzz came up with it). I'm all up for it! I would prefer a crew battle, rather than a low-tier tourny, because I don't think there will be enough time for three tournies if we get a big turnout again. And if it goes too late, people won't be willing to stay to participate, and would just leave immediately, instead of staying for friendlies while the crew battle goes on (since friendlies aren't really allowed during a tourny).

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Well I know I said some of us from Boise would try to make it to the last one and didn't but I'm once again trying to get a car from Boise to this one so hopefully it works out cuz I miss you guys lol.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
LOL That's certainly an interesting, new idea (but I wasn't surprised that Buzz came up with it). I'm all up for it! I would prefer a crew battle, rather than a low-tier tourny, because I don't think there will be enough time for three tournies if we get a big turnout again. And if it goes too late, people won't be willing to stay to participate, and would just leave immediately, instead of staying for friendlies while the crew battle goes on (since friendlies aren't really allowed during a tourny).
There's more than one way around that, too ;)

I added some important stuff to the top of the first post:
I will be focused on running this tournament smoother this time. These have always been rules, but I'm going to be much more strict on them now. That means:

Not starting an HOUR late. If you think you will be late give me a call, so I can decide if the tournament can wait for you. Never assume you won't make it and don't bother showing up.

NO FRIENDLIES during tournament unless I say that a TV is open for friendlies, then only the TVs I specify will be open.

Do not play matches out of order. Losers bracket takes twice as long as winners bracket, so losers take full priority.

Pay attention to the bracket. Know when your match is coming up and know if someone is asking you to play your match too early.

If you don't feel like following these, then I can use a DQ to make the tournament go faster, too ;)
Seriously, playing friendlies between tournament sets on TVs that are recording is the most obvious way you could do it XD. Since our tournaments are small enough for a few players to make a big difference in turnout, I can wait a small amount of time for people on their way, as long as I know about it. Don't be late on purpose (I never said I would wait for sure ;)).

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
I don't think they're on smashboards dude. The last posts you did were ^^that one^^, team LAZR4T accepting phil/yaz's challenge, power rankings GG Qraq, and then immediately before that "ZOMG it's neal. Hi Neal!". So.. you didn't post it on smashboards :S.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
You can start telling me if you're going or not anytime now >_>. Some supplies are also needed like always. VCRs aren't needed anymore, but power strips are (1 or 2). I can fit 2+ more TVs, and I will need about 6 cubes.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Goin'! I can bring three cubes, but would prefer to only bring 2 (just so much easier... already in the boxes ready to go...) Yup :)

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Devin and I are planning on coming to this one, but as always, if we can't catch a flight, or we're being ***** by homework, we won't.

I'm estimating that we have a 75% chance of being there, as of now.

BEWARE OF MY KILLER KIRBY LOLOL.

Gojira

Smash Lord
I Know I Typed These **** Rules So Here Is The Lazy Set

Low tier tourney FREAKING rules.

you can only use low tier
characters. Low tier is anyone that sucks. If you dont know who those characters are you are dumb.

Enrty is 3 dollars and the pot distribution will be 60 40 unless we get enough to make it 70 30 10.

best of 3 with losers and winners finals best of 5.

4 stock

8 minutes

"N" stages cannot be banned but you may reset one "N" stage.

stages = utah rules stages.

there are the rules, dont take my madness seriously, just take the rules seriously.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Why do you still disallow the banning of neutral stages? Was that not in preparation for 0C? I checked in the Smash Back Room, and tournaments everywhere still allow one stage ban. I know "Utah is a bit different", but seriously, let us ban neutrals!

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Technically, that's closer to MLG rules than what we have. Gojira's low tier rules = MLG rules but with "Utah's banned stages". You are not allowed to banned a neutral, but you are allowed to reset the random select on a stage once per set (meaning the stage you reset can only be used if counter picked, since if that stage is randomly selected again in that set, it'll still be reseted). I personally like what MLG did regarding this subject.

Gojira

Smash Lord
Why do you still disallow the banning of neutral stages? Was that not in preparation for 0C? I checked in the Smash Back Room, and tournaments everywhere still allow one stage ban. I know "Utah is a bit different", but seriously, let us ban neutrals!
You seem to be complaining about the rules, does that mean you are coming?

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
You seem to be complaining about the rules, does that mean you are coming?
No. I just like to sit at home and change Utah's rules remotely just to demonstrate my overbearing political power in the smash community.

Of course I'm coming. >_<

gnosis

Smash Lord
Some of West Idaho miiiiiight be there.

I might be going to SLC on the 19th, see.

Edit: Oh wow... Utah rules -are- "different".:freak:

Lol don't mind me.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I will be there unless I end up having to take a test that day (which I shouldn't)

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I'm for low tier singles/doubles.

I'm not a fan of any crew battle of any form.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Need more people committed to going... Anyone coming from Utah County other than CdBobo? O_o

Also, I'm thinking of some motivation to get people to also play in teams rather than just singles only. Teams has half as many participants as singles already, and it doesn't help when only 60% of the people at the tournament enter teams.

More cubes and power strips are needed.

Baka^ni

Smash Cadet
DRGN and I are both coming to this tournment.

Note: I changed my username to eliminate confusion with my previous username. So now on for smash just call me by Baka^ni.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Are you casture's roommate Dai-A? regardless, I hope you can make it... and banana bread is too good ;).

Also... my face looks like a melon. It's quite funny, actually... it doesn't hurt much (and if it starts to... Vicodin is on heck of a drug, let me tell you ^_^) but I'll be coming to this tournament, of course.
Ken, what day are your teeth coming out? If it's more than 3 days before the tournament you'll pry be fine..... and that's even if they have to dig one of em out (not up yet, like me). So... yeah. Tournies, whoo!

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
Are you casture's roommate Dai-A? regardless, I hope you can make it... and banana bread is too good ;).

Also... my face looks like a melon. It's quite funny, actually... it doesn't hurt much (and if it starts to... Vicodin is on heck of a drug, let me tell you ^_^) but I'll be coming to this tournament, of course.
Ken, what day are your teeth coming out? If it's more than 3 days before the tournament you'll pry be fine..... and that's even if they have to dig one of em out (not up yet, like me). So... yeah. Tournies, whoo!
No haha Im Not A roommate Im To Young :) I hope i can make it too. so ill see u at the tourney? And yes it smells good too lol

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I played at SOP 6 with having my wisdom teeth out the Monday before that week. You'll be fine XD

I can't say if I'm coming or not yet, so I won't say what I could provide yet.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Yeah, i figure I will be fine by then, but you never know, some freak accident could happen:).
I'll be there.

I could also bring a cube if we can't get enough. My cube has problems sometimes so there is no point in me bringing it over one that always works.

Top Bottom