• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seizure of Power 10 (Utah - January 19th)

lengeta

Smash Ace
The crew battle was very hastily thrown together, Tsu, so I wouldn't worry about it. I'd would have totally let you take my place. Not to john or anything, but I wasn't feeling it tonight, probably just tired.

I won Sliver, lost to Gojira, won... can't remember the alias just the face..., won Dragon(?), then lost to some total ****ing ***** name Peach-teto.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I've never had a fun crew battle before.

Tsuteto, no hard feelings about being chosen. The team was made of the two most active Orem smashers, Bobo and Lengeta, and then me, Devin, and Casture-- who are rare faces. Not so much Casture anymore, but Devin and I aren't going to be there all the time. St. George to SLC is a *****.

AND to defend myself, Tsuteto, you were Peach against my Ice Climbers. Peach counters the IC's on almost every possible level. I'm not trying to say that "I should have won" or anything, but the fact that you baaarely beat me with Peach is no basis to state that you're more deserving.

Junpei, I love you. When gay marriage is legal in Utah, call me. Thanks for the ride, and for putting up with mine and Devin's inability to choose restaurants.

And FTS, Awesome turnout, awesome seeding, awesome everything. I had fun at this tournament, and I have no regrets coming. Keep it up.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
The purpose of the crew battle is to motivate Utah County to catch up to SLC. Fun would just be a bonus. Utah crew battles tend to be boring because nobody does any cheering.

I still need match histories from Louie2k2, CdBobo, and I need to know who Sage beat first round/who IOS played first round of losers (and who won). Winner of that played Casture. I also need who Shadow beat first round/who CdBobo's brother played in 1st round of losers (and who won).

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Awesome tournament! Awesome turnout and great matches. Kudos to FTS for organizing it.

Southern Utah- Heath and Devin, you guys are getting too good at this game. Driving around while we decided on where to eat breakfast was super fun so it's all good. Congrats to Devin for ****** me over and over and over again in finals.

PC- everyone knows you're still number one in Utah so don't worry about it. It was just your first off day in well over a year thats all.

Gojira- You phail at talking:laugh:. You should learn to become a tier *****...like C!Z. (just kidding C!Z. No need to start beefin)

Everyone else- nice playing with everyone and try to keep coming for more great tournaments:cool:

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
I should have a bunch of vids posted by the end of this week. Teams and Singles had great matches towards the end. I'm disappointed I didn't set up the VCRs until after teams :(

Results will be posted when I get CdBobo's match history and the name of the person who lost to Sage first round, and if that person beat IOS or not. It was either tjrook or Billy.

Ha ha, best tournament I've been to in my opinion! But really, all winnings aside, it really was epic.

PC, thanks for letting me win like that. You're bribe is in the mail, but did you have to take it out on me in crew battles? ^o^ Don't worry, southern Utah still fears you!

Junpei, I'll come introduce you to Ayumi after we get married. I may even have her do her trademark "wink/smile" for all the driving you did for us!

FTS/Gojira, good job and thanks for the coke zero! Its like steroids for Jigglypuffs.

Jeyt, gotta say yours and Heath's match was my favorite. Somebody needs to tape you next time.

C!Z, you get more gangster every time I see ya. Keep it fabutastic brother.

Bobo, Casture, Tsuteto, glad to find out you guys are all mishing it up this winter with me! Now at least I'll know I'm not the only brawl noob when I get back.

Rook, Layne, brother Bobo, and the rest, it was a pleasure. Friendliest tourney I've been to, and I've been to Vegas.

Anyhew, I'm going to get back to my daily emails to Sakurai about confirming Jiggly for Brawl already.

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
So FTS you needed S@g3's first match? He was over here and when I asked him he said that he had played against tjrook. I can't remember if whether he won, or lost though. Hope this helps.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
OK, now all I need is who won IOS vs tjrook (and lost to Casture in the next match).

And Tsuteto, after looking at the almost complete bracket, I'm sorry. If you do that well again you would probably be considered for power rankings.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Well bloody hell.

So, anybody want to already plan on giving me a ride to the next tournament? XD

But yeah, I'm definitely going to be working with Peach to improve her. I've got good luck, as Xsyven figured in our match where I pulled two stitch-faces (it was on BF, I think) ^^ But I've definitely got to have at least one other character I can pull when things aren't looking good with Peach.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
OH HELL, TSU THAT SUCKED! I think I've only gotten two stitch faces in my lifetime. xD

Tsu, if I'm up there next tournament, I challenge your peach to my other characters. I have absolutely no Peach experience. I need to find my peach killer.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the delay guys, smash was all down and stuff yesterday evening when I checked >.<. I'll PM you my results and those of my brother if at all possible.
Overall, it was a good tourney. Having lots of new people (always fun) and just plain lots of people was great. Couple that with the fact that I didn't do too shabby and you get a fun tournament :).
My only regrets were that first off, I didn't get to play DRGN :(. Also, the crew battle didn't really feel real... for some reason my match with Jeyt (doc ditto) threw me off. I should've played Ganondorf to get my mind back in the game, in the crew battle.
@Casture: Thanks for the ride, thanks for teaming with me (even though I was afraid if I saw you in singles you would have the advantage... all that practice, amirite ;)?) and thanks for all the friendlies :).
Everyone else, it was good to see you there (esp. lengeta!) and I hope I see you again at the next one!

Casture

Smash Apprentice
Sorry Bobo, I guess that I didn't really keep to my promise about limiting the number of knees that went around.....sorry 'bout that. Something I need to work on I guess. I don't think I hit you with any other attack besides the knee, though.

IOS must of beat tjrook because I played against IOS

Oh and Gojira, we didn't get a chance to play (besides for teams). I wanted that DK beating that you promised me. I guess it'll have to be next tourney. :)

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Seizure of Power 6 Results

Seizure of Power 6 Results

31 people total, 3rd highest Utah has ever had, and without the help of OOS.
Next time I will come up with some motivation for entering both teams and singles. Way too many of you are sitting around during teams.

Singles:

1: Hott
2: RagingAsian
3: FoxTheStampede
4: PerfectChaos
5: C!Z
5: FallenProphet
7: Gojira
7: Tsuteto
9: CdBobo
9: Casture
9: Ken Neth
9: Xsyven
13: Jeyt
13: Stranga
13: McFly
13: Lengeta
17: Louie2k2
17: Slave
17: IOS
17: DoubleD
17: Kyle
17: Shadow
17: Sage
17: DRGN
25: Bobo
25: tjrook
25: Slicer
25: Billy
25: Sada
25: PeterParker
25: reddsack

Teams:

1: So Utah Massacre (PC + FP)
2: FTS + Jeyt
3: Mangz (RA + CIZ)
4: Hawkmeds (Casture + CdBobo)
5: Baby Sparkles (Xsyven + Hott)
5: We are so gonna win (Gojira + lengeta)
7: Advanced Tactics Impaired (Stranga + IOS)
7: Nova (DRGN + Sada)
9: Nerf ICs (Kyle + Sage)

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Just for the record, me and Gojira played for 8th. Yeah, I got 8th XD

@Xsyven: Well, next time we meet my Peach should hopefully be better, so you'll also have one heck of a time ^^

Junpappy

Smash Lord
That would mean that they played for 8th and Gojira lost so he got 7th :laugh:

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
FTS have you gotten a chance to post the vids of this tourny yet? If so, were can I find it.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Well, I might (big might) have a second char lined up, so we won't have a survival battle ^^

Although there are a few tactics I've been concocting since the night of the tournament for Peach....

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
If I remember what he told me, the "Save" function doesn't really work. "Save As..." does, but just clicking "Save" doesn't do anything.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
No, teams.

Vids from one TV are done
next TV will be done tomorrow
3rd TV will probably be done Tues

The TV that is finished is my big black TV in the corner.
If you want one of your matches/sets, let me know in an IM or PM and how to get it to you.
Sets/Matches in high demand of being uploaded may be uploaded ;)
Remainder of matches will mysteriously disappear forever.

Sets:

C!Z vs FallenProphet
Casture vs FallenProphet
FallenProphet vs Tsuteto
FTS vs Kyle
FTS vs Xsyven
RA vs Sage
Sage vs Tsuteto
Slicer ? vs Stranga ? (no tags :()
Tsuteto vs Xsyven

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Is the one of FP and me the one where I'm not using Peach or where I am?

I'd like all my videos, either way, just curious. Probably best way is to upload them in a .zip or .rar and send it to tsuteto of the gmail account ^^

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
If I remember what he told me, the "Save" function doesn't really work. "Save As..." does, but just clicking "Save" doesn't do anything.
That's pretty much what happened. I used Save As after opening tio to get it out of the way. During the tourney, I made sure I clicked Save (drop down menu item) every time I left the comp. After opening tio again after everyone left to post results, the save file was still from when I used Save As. :(

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll check it out. I've never seen any problems with Save As, but obviously something didn't go right.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Someone really ought to make a web-based bracket system completely decked out in AJAX goodness... ^_^

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
SoP6 Vids

If you want one of your matches/sets, let me know in an IM or PM and how to get it to you.
Sets/Matches in high demand of being uploaded may be uploaded, otherwise, it won't.
Remainder of matches will mysteriously disappear forever.
Only the sets listed below were recorded. Don't ask about any others; they were not recorded.

Recorded:

C!Z vs DoubleD (name started with an A during the tournament)
C!Z vs FallenProphet
C!Z vs FoxTheStampede
Casture vs FallenProphet
Casture vs IOS ?
Casture vs Stranga ?
CdBobo vs FoxTheStampede
CdBobo vs Gojira
CdBobo vs Jeyt
Doc ? vs CF ? (no tags)
Doc ? vs C!Z ? Marth + Sheik
DoubleD vs DRGN
DoubleD vs Stranga
DRGN vs Lengeta
Falco ? vs Link ?
FallenProphet vs PerfectChaos
FallenProphet vs Tsuteto
FTS vs Hott
FTS vs Kyle
FTS vs RA
FTS vs Xsyven
Gojira vs Lengeta
Gojira vs RA
Gojira vs Strabga
Hott vs PerfectChaos
Hott vs RA
Jeyt vs McFly
Jeyt vs Slave
KenNeth ? vs Louie ?
Lengeta vs Tsuteto
PeterParker vs Tsuteto
RA vs Sage
Sage vs Tsuteto
Slicer ? vs Stranga ? (no tags)
Tsuteto vs Xsyven

Teams Finals
Sorry, teams semifinals weren't recorded, despite being much much better than finals.

SLC vs UTC Crew Battle

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
FTS, how many times do you plan on recycling this thread?
Reduce. Reuse. Recycle.

... you anti-environmentalist...

I want to participate in a fun DRAFT crew battle. None of this captain-picking crap. Separate two teams based off skill!

Top Bottom