• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seizure of Power 10 (Utah - January 19th)

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
...Will smith has hair in this one part of the movie and then hes bald the next scene haha

Well, I'm not sure what part you are talking about, but there is like a 3 year fast forward after the first main action scene. So with that, it's not unheard of that his hair style changed. In fact, it would make more sense if he shaves his head after everyone else gets "wiped out" since shaving your head is not only easier to do yourself, but it would also not get in the way of what's more important -- survival.

Anyway...it looks like the majority wants to see I Am Legend over The Golden Compass, but the question is still whether everyone is willing to go see a movie over gaming and such.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Let's all go to the Cheesecake Factory and wait 3 hours for service!!

C!Z

Smash Lord
Dam I have a really bad Smash craving right now. I wish I had someone to play with, dang all you peoples!

Xtinction

Smash Journeyman
fox the malloy!! dude hey is it ok if i use ur kitchen to make some freshley baked banana bread?!?! i am a pretty good chef! cmon! what do you say?? :)

i can share it with all the smashers there!! please?? :)

oh and i rather see "I AM LEGEND" other then "the rusty compass"

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Under Chuck Norris's beard, there is no chin; there is only another fist.

And I don't know a thing about I am Legend. I'll have to check it out lol.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
WTF That Chuck Norris statement was pretty random in the current discussion...

And come to think of it, I have no clue as to anything about The Golden Compass, except for small things like "Whomever has the compass, controls the world" (or something like that) and that Nicole Kidman plays a villain.

And wow...so far, it's 6 votes for I Am Legend and 1 vote for The Golden Compass. Unless a large group all of a sudden comes and all votes for The Golden Compass, then it looks like it's going to be I Am Legend (if we decide to go to a movie). But then again, if that happens, we'll probably just have two different groups going to two different movies.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Who cares about the movies! This is about Smash!
Haha I'm so with you on this one Xsyven! I guess all these guys don't do anything on a regular basis with friends so I guess they see this as a potential chance to have a social life hahahaha. Anyways so I think we should totally have CREW BATTLES!!! Nobody is gonna take out TA BALLERS!

laozy

Smash Journeyman
i think we should all blaze and watch half baked after the tournament so everyone can be friends and forget that they lost money to me. or we can have a CREW BATTLE!!!

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Haha I'm so with you on this one Xsyven! I guess all these guys don't do anything on a regular basis with friends so I guess they see this as a potential chance to have a social life hahahaha. Anyways so I think we should totally have CREW BATTLES!!! Nobody is gonna take out TA BALLERS!
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

By the way, Crew Battles suck.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Ya he is cuz im staying at his house the day before.... as soon as i buy the tickets lol. I think we should have a crew battle they're always fun and i was going to go to that movie with some of my friends but they're going the day i leave for Utah so im just going with you guys now.

C!Z

Smash Lord
How do you not like Crew Battles Xsyven?! You must've had a bad experiences with em or somethin... Lol too funny Phil!

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
How do you not like Crew Battles Xsyven?! You must've had a bad experiences with em or somethin... Lol too funny Phil!
Every time I've ever participated in a crew battle, there's been one or two people that are either too good, or terrible, and they mess everything up.

They're never balanced, or even close, with the exception of the "Low Tier Crew Battle" that we played in Idaho... but that was just lame.

C!Z

Smash Lord
I just got the tickets so more of less im going for sure unless some act of god stops me..... so anyone want to team with me at this tournament?
Well I just so happen to need a partner good sir. Hmm well maybe you just need a better crew haha. I mean Hott's pink ball of **** isn't too shabby ;) and you've got two more comin with you don't you?

lengeta

Smash Ace
Should have popped in a couple days ago... but yeah... I won't be to this tournament. I haven't played since the last tourny anyway, so I'm probably a shodding scrubber again anyway. Oh well.

Oh, I was thinking about that rotation that was on the dojo Tuesday... if you set up everybody fresh, you've got a completely stat-backed 16-player round-robin. Obvious flaws, but it would make some friendlies on one Wii really nice, especially for people who don't really know how to run tournaments. Not really relevant to anything, I just thought it was interesting.

Oh, and I noticed at the top of the page seemed like someone was talking about Golden Compass. The whole issue is that it was written by an atheist, and the "evil government" in the story is known as "the Church." I enjoy how the whole Christian issue is basically "this is offending to our beliefs, and that's not okay. It shouldn't be allowed, which is offending to his (and other atheists') beliefs, but that's okay, they're not us." Religious bickering is so... inconclusive, pointless, and dumb. Oxymoronic, really. All the extremists want to do is end all other religion and spread theirs, and take so much offense when someone else is DOING THE EXACT SAME THING AS THEY ARE. Anyway, sorry to dulge off topic like that, especially when I hardly visit this forum, but as "pointless" as I said it is to talk about it, it's always fun, interesting, and often mind-opening, as long as nobody gets really... crazy.

Oh... have fun out there, missionaries. LoL! Good luck at the tourny, everyone!

~S@G3~

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
SAGE#234
Just so you know golden compass is a good book. The first book is not vary anti religion well sort of. But it really gets into anti religon in the third book when they attempt to kill god. yes kill god. oh well. The movie had a few good fight scenes. but if you havent read the book then you probobly wont understand the movie. this probobly dosnet apply at all but dosent hurt to tell you guys. BTW FTS do you need me to bring my stuff?

C!Z

Smash Lord
That sounds good C!Z we'll r@pe just like you and CREA I even use falco now.
Okie dokie, haha yeah we should've been rapin but we always played weird in teams but improvement has been and we should do better than expected. P.S. Religion is for schmucks who don't know anything about evolution. The only reason religion is around is because we couldn't prove then what we can now. Read some good evolution books and watch the Universe on the History channel and then try and continue preaching. ;)

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
P.S. Religion is for schmucks who don't know anything about evolution. The only reason religion is around is because we couldn't prove then what we can now. Read some good evolution books and watch the Universe on the History channel and then try and continue preaching. ;)
I'm religious and believe in evolution. Since when did evolution disprove religion? :p

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Phil i should get into the SLC airport at 330 on friday so you know when to come and get me, I'll give you a call just in case when i get there so if there's a problem with that you should tell me so i can try to set something else up until its cool for me to come over.

The final St. George carpool list Yes, its finally happened.
1. Moi
2. Xsyvykins
3. Guy
4. Jared
5. Matt (oh you'll know matt)

Sorry slave, Taylor (that mewtwo kid) got screwed out of this trip by some power hungry futureless girl at artic circle who decided to leave the place short-handed with no notice. Happy awesome power!

Be sure to watch for my 95 camry bumpin down the highway with power locks and windows.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Hott when are you guys getting in, im starting to get a little concerned that phil isn't down anymore haven't heard from him in a while you know. you should hit me up with your number so i can call you when i get there just in case lol...... or anyone else that could do some last min housing for me haha.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Hott when are you guys getting in, im starting to get a little concerned that phil isn't down anymore haven't heard from him in a while you know. you should hit me up with your number so i can call you when i get there just in case lol...... or anyone else that could do some last min housing for me haha.
...are you asking Devin to house in you Salt Lake City? If so, be slapped, my friend. :l

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
No just to pick me up and take me to a house like phils.

PHIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm getting in at 330 PM i'm going to send you my number one more time so you should really call me or something so i'm not chillin at the airport for like 3 days until my bus to Idaho Falls comes. This is probably the last time i'll be able to check the boards so it's kinda important.

My number is (208)569-8051

Edit: HAHA so you know how i said there was almost know way i would be able to miss this....... It happened, the bus left without me because i thought it left at 10 but it left at 830 so ya im not going anymore sorry guys lol.

Top Bottom