• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seizure of Power 10 (Utah - January 19th)

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Good news and bad news for those waiting for vids:

Somebody stopped the recording on the VCR at the TV in front of the couches (or pressed the record button multiple times to set a timer that turns it off automatically) in the middle of teams. Many matches are lost. Don't turn the recording off again, please -_-

Good news is that the footage on the tape is from SoP 7, starting with a bunch of pc + rafa vs khom + phil matches, too many to be a tournament set, so I don't know what any of the matches are. Oh well.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Erion, CREA is some kind of Japanese singer reference... wiki it for more info. and Goji, What about our "Ganon will stomp your face" MM? aka bowser is the "best" on yoshi's story yadda yadda ;).

I'll get in contace with louie and lengeta today and see if they'll be able to make it.. also, dai-a and crew, try and find a ride at least to my place so all I have to do is cart your cadavers around ;).

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
I'm really sorry to be bringing this up now, but I MAY have some conflict on the 15th. Is it at all possible to try for another date, but I totally understand if you can't. Again, sorry that I didn't relize that there was a conflict on that date until now.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
I would be taking the bus to SLC and then going to IF after the tournament for the break so i don't think i could take everyone this time....... not that i took anyone last time lol thanks craztad :).

But if i do end up going i still need housing.

Xtinction

Smash Journeyman
oooo wow battle christ is gonna beee backkkk hahaha i wanna MM youuu and like alot of ppl...haha
hmmm something tells me this is gonna be the best SOP eva? hahaha hopefully :)

Staz

Smash Lord
battle christ i want a rematch for our luigi and link match it was a close one and ive been doing alot of training with my luigiii:)

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Pff, Staz's Luigi... hah.

Lol... I wish I could come over and play you guys but I'm still busy :(. Rest assured, I'll make it to the tourney though :). I still need to call louie//lengeta... I'll do that today for sure. *makes a note on his hand*

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Good News!!

There's a good chance that I won't be able to make it to this tournament :)

Why is that good news you ask? This means that first place in singles is now up for grabs.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
There's a good chance that I won't be able to make it to this tournament :)

Why is that good news you ask? This means that first place in singles is now up for grabs.
awww thats bad news. thats $10 less for me to take. dang u junpei!!!

Junpappy

Smash Lord
You aren't going anyways Phil you stupid retired old guy.

And FP, I just probably won't be able to find someone to trade saturdays with at work so I probably won't make the tournament.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
You aren't going anyways Phil you stupid retired old guy.

And FP, I just probably won't be able to find someone to trade saturdays with at work so I probably won't make the tournament.
Are you seriously making excuses to not fight SSU? Afraid that #5 and #nothing will pwn your #2 face in? :p

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I haven't worked out the schedule yet, but if I work on the 8th then I won't work on the 15th. Otherwise no, I don't work on the 8th.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Ok you IC *****es (FP and Xsyven the terrible) I'm officially coming to the tournament so you better stock up on an album covers (I'll buy lunch at the tournament for the first person who knows what that joke is from).

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Ok you IC *****es (FP and Xsyven the terrible) I'm officially coming to the tournament so you better stock up on an album covers (I'll buy lunch at the tournament for the first person who knows what that joke is from).
Hahahaha. It's funny, because now I might not be able to come. Final word'll come nearer to the actual date, though.

(I'll buy lunch at the tournament for the first person who knows what that joke is from).
I'll take the rapist for 500!

That's therapist Mr. Connery.

All right Trabec, I'll play your game you rogue.
Ah ha ha, does that really mean I'm old? Oh, and to keep this smash related, our southern utah carpool is dwindling. We're maxing out at 5 now (with a posssibility of no heafy). And has it snowed up there yet? I've seen snow like two times and never driven in it so that may just keep us so-tahns tucked away....

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
You need a better quote in your sig lol.

S.utah You guy's better be going to this tho cuz im almost sure im going (I should know by the end of today) and if you guys aren't there again when i show up well that would be totally g@y.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Tournament Updates

I finally have time to update the first post. Thank you to everyone who was unusually patient with the lack of updating... >_>

First, tournament is starting earlier this time (by an hour, and starting on or close to on time). Hopefully this is what Yaz meant by starting at 11 and needing an extra hour.
Updated schedule in the first post said:
Schedule
Saturday, December 15th, 2007
Warm-up: 11:00am - 12:00noon
Teams Registration: 11:30am-12:00noon
Teams Starts: 12:00noon
Break & Singles Registration: Half hour after Teams ends
Singles: After the break (approx 2:30pm)
Dinner Party: after singles (approx 6:00pm?)
GC/Wii Party: after Dinner Party - late
Everyone on the supplied list make sure you can still bring your stuff. If I missed you remind me. TVs and a power strip are still needed.

We will be going to a restaurant for dinner after the tournament is over. Everyone will need to leave my house because I certainly don't want to miss out. Make sure you bring enough money for dinner if you don't plan on going home. Currently, we are looking at IHOP and Denny's as possible choices. Splitting up is of course an option.

After the tournament, not all TVs will be available for smash. Details on TVs will be decided at the time. If you have a non-smash multiplayer game (co-op preferred) you want to bring, let me know. I added a list of the games to the first post.

I finally got around to calling Jeyt. He will be coming for after the tournament.

Also, try to keep tournament related stuff so I can actually keep track of it >_>

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Are we still doing the movie plan? If so, would anyone (that's going) rather go see The Golden Compass (which actually came out today, on Friday) instead of I Am Legend? Just curious...

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
A movie isn't the current plan, but it is an option, and if a group wants to go to a movie that is OK. I would personally rather see Golden Compass over I am Legend, and I wouldn't mind going to see it anytime ;)

Don't worry BC, it'll take nothing short of an act of god and college level poverty to keep us from showing up.

Slave, here is a highly entertaining list of everyone who's coming:

1) Mwa. I drive a 1995 Toyota Camry with power locks and windows.
2) Taylor (that mewtwo kid).
3) Matt. What, you haven't heard of Matt?
4) Jared. He likes him some Gannon. Would CDBobo please play him and teach him the value of a good short hop?
5) Heath, once he figures out that college-level poverty is to be expected when you're kicked out of your home.

Oh, and one more thing. Will this GC/Wii party have MarioKart DD? Does anyone here still even like MarioKart DD? I am hereby requesting that someone bring MarioKart DD so I can toad all over you.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
lol BOBO I NEED TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT THE SEIZURE ANSWER YOUR PHONE!!!
Oh yeah; you called, didn't you :). sorry, I'll call you when I get home (about 2 hours from now) One more week! woot~!

And you better come Heath!!

Edit: Lol, you're too good Devin ;). I'll surely teach Jared how to break people's skulls with Ganon; also, you have just been
GANNON BANNED!!
^^click it^^. mariokart... c'mon Devi, that's like, a girl game. They always seem to like it anyway... lol no, it's fun. I would be toaded by you I'm sure though, I'm not all that great at it.

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry BC, it'll take nothing short of an act of god and college level poverty to keep us from showing up.

Slave, here is a highly entertaining list of everyone who's coming:

1) Mwa. I drive a 1995 Toyota Camry with power locks and windows.
2) Taylor (that mewtwo kid).
3) Matt. What, you haven't heard of Matt?
4) Jared. He likes him some Gannon. Would CDBobo please play him and teach him the value of a good short hop?
5) Heath, once he figures out that college-level poverty is to be expected when you're kicked out of your home.

Oh, and one more thing. Will this GC/Wii party have MarioKart DD? Does anyone here still even like MarioKart DD? I am hereby requesting that someone bring MarioKart DD so I can toad all over you.
hott ill bring it :) haha i suck at that game

EDIT: hey and fts put me as bringing super smash n64 and that i only have 2 controllers with one loose control stick.

Woo! Love that mariokart and that dai-a! But outta curiosity, what other non-smash games are we looking at here?

Oh, and sorry PC, I'm just way too psyched about I am legend to even consider the golden compass at this point in my life.

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
Woo! Love that mariokart and that dai-a! But outta curiosity, what other non-smash games are we looking at here?

Oh, and sorry PC, I'm just way too psyched about I am legend to even consider the golden compass at this point in my life.
:) Yeah ill bring it lol
yeah i know i want to see i am legend instead of the golden compass.
Will smith has hair in this one part of the movie and then hes bald the next scene haha

Top Bottom