• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seizure of Power 10 (Utah - January 19th)

McFly

Smash Cadet
I thought the tournament went pretty well. Decent turnout.

Gojira, you beat me the first time I've played you, but if you can't do it twice you can't do it at all. We need to moneymatch.

Fault

Smash Cadet
Yeah! I got my butt kicked soundly! Fun times, though. I'll get some more practice in and be back next time.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I'll do Ikaruga, but no Gauntlet. Bad Gauntlet.

Guitar Hero is good as well ^^

My hat and game has been kidnapped, yes?

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
ha yes do both ikaruga and gauntlet
guitar hero sounds good even though i suck at it lol

FTS you did a great job with the tourney! it was way fun. even though c!z dominated me haha
goji where did you get your drink rip it lol

Xtinction

Smash Journeyman
yes very good turn out at the tournament....i enjoyed it :D UNTIL...BOBO bearly got me in a grab and OVER AIR SMASHED ME!!!...u did good bobo...i just wish i hadnt got so COCKY!!.....lol..(FIRE FALCO TO DEATH)

C!Z

Smash Lord
Twas a good tourney indeed, good games everybody. I'm gonna get you next time Nate! As soon as I stop lettin you up air me 3 or 4 times in a row haha ;) PC nice set, seems my Marth isn't countered by your Sheik anymore aye?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Well, your Marth was playing at its best when you fought me, I give you props on that. Next time though, your Marth's not going to beat me. And you're such a wuss; suiciding on purpose to avoid losing by time. :ohwell: You avoided a humiliating defeat, though, so lucky you. :laugh:

C!Z

Smash Lord
Oh next time I'm gonna take the whole dam thing!!! Haha my Marth shall be el mucho bueno el soon el o.

McFly

Smash Cadet
I just have to remember to ban Onett when I fight FTS next. That was a pretty fun set, though. Probably the tensest match I fought, and the only one I fought that went to three battles.

What I really wanted was to fight a good Marth or Falco... David? What ended up happening was me fighting like 8 Foxes and a Bowser.

McFly

Smash Cadet
I would have to agree, another date would be more favorable. And what would a good bye tournament be without as large a turnout as possible?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I just skimmed through the last ten pages of posts, and the only conflict with the 8th I noticed was with PC's college orientation. And he never even said if that day was completely unusable, he just said he had that.

Was there anyone else that couldn't make it on the 8th that could make it on the 15th?

Junpappy

Smash Lord
St George said they can't come because of finals if it's on the 8th, and the situation will likely be the same for me.

Xtinction

Smash Journeyman
ehhhhhh nathan....i dont think i can make it either...nore any of my bros....the 15th just isnt good..... i have to attend a church meeting in the morning and after that i have to go to my girlfriends birthday... .so i dont know.....and my bros have to come with me........but i agree that the 8th would work....

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
8th is finals for other people though, so they should be studying more than competing.

It's a dilemma. If anything, I'd say do it on a Friday, but really, we don't know when the best date is. The next possible date is December 22 or, if it is on a Friday, the 21, seeing as I know at least the Alpine School District is out on that day.

People that are leaving in which this is for should post. I only know that I'll be here throughout December, and so will Casture. December 1st is impossible, that's another thing.

McFly

Smash Cadet
Is there a date at the very beginning of January that everyone will still be around for? As far as I've heard none of the missionaries are leaving like January 2nd or anytime right at the beginning of the month.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
...here's an idea...

School's going to be completely out for a lot of people-- I don't know how late the high schools are letting out, but... do we HAVE to have it on a Saturday?

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
SoP 8 Results

SoP 8 Results

Singles:

1: Perfect Chaos
2: C!Z
3: CREA
4: Dai-A
5: FoxTheStampede
5: Rafa
7: CdBobo
7: Gojira
9: Erion
9: McFly
9: Sage
9: Xtinction
13: Blackman2273
13: Kenneth
13: PeterParker
13: Stranga
17: Dad
17: DRGN
17: Fault
17: IOS
17: Sada
17: Staz

Teams:

1: PC + Rafa
2: The Gojis (CdBobo + Dai-A)
3: laserfortress (Gojira + Erion)
4: Sages (Sage + )
5: JunBear (C!Z + RagingAsian)
5: Team Rocket (Stranga + IOS)
7: Team Cancer
7: TYken
9: Dylan Malloys
9: Sada + FTS
9: Team Princess

Erion

Smash Cadet
That was a fun tournament...
I think I did OK for someone who was attending his second tournament ever and can count on the fingers how many times he fought HMNs... ;)

Anyway, Friday (14th) wouldn't work for me 'cause I still have school. My Christmas break begins on the 21st (Friday) and ends on Jan 2nd.
I suggest we have the tournament on a day that PC can't come so he doesn't kick everybody's butts.

Heh!

*just kidding*

Gojira

Smash Lord
I thought the tournament went pretty well. Decent turnout.

Gojira, you beat me the first time I've played you, but if you can't do it twice you can't do it at all. We need to moneymatch.
I beat you in a convincing set, but if you wish to MM sure.

I did well for Bowser only. In fact when I switched to shiek (ok maybe not bowser only) I did worse. But, this tourney has set me up for my first big tourney in a while. I see myself getting 5th or better in ultimate showdown. Mainly if Gimpy comes and helps me out =D. As for the power rankings, when we all are on at the same time an update will occur.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
..... i have to attend a church meeting in the morning and after that i have to go to my girlfriends birthday... .so i dont know.....and my bros have to come with me.........
Let me guess: is this her 15th birthday? I heard 15th birthdays for Hispanic females are a big thing (Quinceñeta or something...).

And yeah. C!Z was on fire during the second half of Singles. He was the only person I lost even a game to, during the entire tourney (I actually lost two games in the best-of-five set to him).

And Erion, it's possible for me to attend ANY day of the week this year. Muahaha! You can't get rid of me that easily. But, if you host in St. George for random reasons, then I won't be going, so host it there (I'm trying to help out Xsyven and Devin out with this. LOL). :p

C!Z

Smash Lord
So I don't know if I told anybody but I'm off for the winter! Haha so I'm down to be smashin all dee time, so if anybody in the Draper to Downtown area feels like smashin we should set somethin up. No David I do not feel like drivin to Springville, Provo, or Orem so don't ask. As for the tourney date anytime is good(sooner the better ;)) except late December but I don't really think that's gonna be happenin. Thanks Yaz n PC for addin to my ego haha jk. Oh and I also forgot to mention that I was el mucho impressed o with senor Bobo's Ganny ta manny, just from watchin it throughout the day and he gave my Sheik a run for my money in the first game.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
I think im going to work on my ganondorf s'more.. he absolutely dominates in teams, and I did pretty well in singles (won every match I played with him except against C!Z). Not to mention he's just so dang FUN. "What, I'm at 120% and you're at a fresh stock?" dair, dair, uair uair..."and your point?" (ganon=120% opponent = 85%, and off the stage) So nice :). Also in teams I lose my greatest weakness; susceptibility to insane combos/chain grabs. I may just switch mains to him.... it definitely has novelty to it, as no one plays him competitively that I know of, and I'm not too shabby with him..... what do you guys think?

~edit: are you going to have vids, FtS? I really want to see some of the combos I pulled out, and also when I jabbed C!Z's fully shook needles and destroyed all of em with the single jab and it went "bbrrnn!" :)

McFly

Smash Cadet
Skipping school works fine for me. That counts out the younger school kids who can't even drive though.. such as David and co.

Oh, and Gojira, you are honestly the first Bowser I have ever played, so give a guy a break for losing. You watched my set with FTS though, and you know that I do have something.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
That was a fun tournament...
I think I did OK for someone who was attending his second tournament ever and can count on the fingers how many times he fought HMNs... ;)

Anyway, Friday (14th) wouldn't work for me 'cause I still have school. My Christmas break begins on the 21st (Friday) and ends on Jan 2nd.
I suggest we have the tournament on a day that PC can't come so he doesn't kick everybody's butts.

Heh!

*just kidding*

...I THOUGHT YOU WERE C!Z.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Skipping school works fine for me. That counts out the younger school kids who can't even drive though.. such as David and co.

Oh, and Gojira, you are honestly the first Bowser I have ever played, so give a guy a break for losing. You watched my set with FTS though, and you know that I do have something.
MM next tournament?

Top Bottom