• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seibrik Presents: Brawl Bash V! 8/16/08 RESULTS POSTED

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
BRAWL BASH V!!

Alright, so i dont feel like driving 4-7 hours again for a tourny, so instead of going out of my way like that on the 16th, and also for the rest of SFL, and ANYONE interested in going to PnT the sunday after, this tourny is for you.

Why go way north than way south wen you can just go and stay south for a sfl tourny weekend extraveganza?

Something that MIGHT want to be thought about, is doin this tourny, and literally staying there all night, since ZP doesn't close till 6, then gettin food, chillin and head to PnT!

The ultimate STD! (Smash till dawn+)

Thats my logic. Make it yours.
P.S. it will never be that hot again at ZP since there hasn't been a crowd over 60 people since gigs.

Anyways....

Zero Ping- 5450 south state road 7 and the zip code 33174 Suite Number 11.

DIRECTIONS: If I were you, I'd follow my directions and use mapquest ONLY as a reference, as they tend to give screwy directions to this place for some odd reason.

So basically this place is found on 441, between the main streets of Stirling Road, and Griffen... Those are two exits off of I95, i'll have the exit numbers later. So, easiest thing I can tell you to help you not get lost, though I'm not sure if it's the fastest depending on where your comming from, Go to I95 (south or north respectively) Exit off of Stirling Road and head WEST from 95. When you hit 441 (or state road 7, same street) Make a right. You should now be heading NORTH. The next light you'll see is a street called Seminole Way. The second Street is called Lucky Street. The plaza is on the right in between these two streets.

But to not get lost ever, or miss it, just make a Right onto LUCKY STREET, and there's an entrance to the plaza on the right as soon as u turn, where u will see the infamous "Only hill"

Any questions about that, you can reach help at:

Cell: 786-436-5990 -ME/Seibrik/David
AIM: Seibrik
OR
Cell:305-495-8258-ZP/Mike

Date:8/16/08 A SATURDAY
TIME: Doors are gonna be open around 10 AM.
11:00AM Doubles Sign ups Start
12:00PM Doubles Begins
Singles will begin no later than 2:30PM
Ending The store remains open until 6 am the following morning. STD?

FEES:

$20 DOOR FEEEEEEE
15 of that 20 goes to singles pot, 5 goes to venue.
Doubles: 20 dollars per team, 10 per person.
You do not pay door fee, you do not play, singles, doubles, or friendlies.

ok ok.... let me cut to chase here.

This ONLY changes if you bring a Wii or a TV. Then the door fee becomes 15 dollars.

There's only four scenarios with this door fee.

PLAYER A:

Wants to enter both singles and doubles. Does not bring wii. Does not bring TV. Player A then has to pay $20 for the door fee. 15 of that 20 goes toward the singles pot. 5 goes toward the venue. Player A then pays 10 dollars to enter teams with his doubles partner. This making his total of the day to be $30.

PLAYER B:

Wants to enter only doubles, but not singles. He does not bring a wii, or a TV. His grand total will be equal to that of player A, as the door fee (20) remains the same. At this point the player might as well enter singles as well, since he has already added money to the pot.

PLAYER C:

Wants to enter both doubles and singles. Brings either a wii or a tv. This player will pay a grand total of 25 dollars. 15 for singles/doorfee, and 10 for doubles.

PLAYER D:

Wants to enter singles only. Brings wii, or tv. Only pays 15 dollars doorfee/singles entry.

Which player are you? Theres some variation I left out that I think by now you should get the point, if not feel free to ask. I just don't want confusion at the actual tourny, and so far, i havn't had much.

Hopefully that helps clerify.

PRIZES:
Singles- 60/30/10/Pat on back
Doubles- 60/30/10/Pat on back

General Rules:

3 Stock
7 Minute Time Limit
Final smashes ON..... jay kay, All itmes are gonna be off.
If there is wall bombing... dont stall, same goes to anyone with any possible stalling techniques. If there is any sign of stalling of a match, report to a judge (later to be decided) and if he or she decrees than it will cost in the forfeit of the stock.
IC infinate chain throw is allowed until 250% before it is considered stalling. (if possible?)
You get the ideas with the stalling business. Don't do it.

For Teams: Team attack on... same stuff stated above. Any team infinates are allowed until 250 before considered stalling.

(Tell me if any of you think im leaving something out)

STAGES: (New list of potential changes, lend me your thoughts)

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

Counterpicks:

Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Brinstar (Melee)
Pokemon Stadium 1
Delfino Plaza
Castle Seige
Halberd
Frigate

Banned:
RaibbowCruise
Corneria
Green Greens
Jungle Japes
Greenhillzone
Skyworld
Great Sea
Luigi's Mansion
Mushroomy Kingdom
Mario Circuit
Bridge of Eldin
Rumble Falls
Norfair
Pokemon Stadium 2
Port Town
Wario Ware
Distant Planet
New Pork City
The Summit
Pictochat
Shadow Moses Island
Donkey Kong Arcade
Spear Pillar
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
Electroplankton

This is the updated stage list, after alot of deliberation with many members of FIU, this is the agreed upon stage list.
Of course, any opinions in here are widely accepted with open minds, however keep flaming to minimum, and cunstructive critisism at a max.

Any opinion in regards to said stages will be taken into cosideration ONLY BEFORE THE TOURNY DATE. Whatever the final list is the day of the tourny, that's the list. If anyone knows of any allowed levels that lag for teams like FoD or Mute City did for melee, let me know please.

NO PERSONS CAN PARTICIPATE IN THE COMPETITION FROM HOME VIA WI-FI

Getting very un-motivated to host tournies anymore.

19 Person Attendance for singles.
6 Teams for doubles.

Singles Results:
8/16/2008
32-man bracket

1 AfroTHUNDAH
2 Seibrik
3 Linguini
4 Chops
5 IceKid
5 Skell
7 Metal Dave
7 Esam
9 ______ (underscore)
9 Dark Hokage
9 CHCKN
9 Gangsta
13 Yogurt
13 Ginger
13 Respado
13 BoneSaw
17 Hunter
17 8-Bit
17 Marlon

Bracket:
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r17/Seibrik/BrawlBashVSingles2.jpg

Doubles:
8/16/2008
8-man bracket

1 Touch ME (Afro/Guini)
2 Long *** Name (Chops/Seibrik)
3 I Wana Be the Very Best (IceKid/Underscore)
4 BoneSam (duh)
5 Alcoholics (CHCKN/Gingerr)
5 ATF (???)

Bracket:
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r17/Seibrik/BrawlBashVDoubles.jpg

Enjoy.
Any Additional information can be requested of course.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
wait, did you just shiat all over kamano's tourney on the 16th?

i <3 you seibrik, but thats kinda messed up

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
what city is this in again?
Davie, FL

looking at mapquest, its about the same length of time for you guys to go from ZP-area to Kamanos as it is for CFL to come from orlando to ZP (3-3.5 hours). I thought it was much better on your guys end, but i guess i was wrong on that one

it would seem my 2 choices are to go to ZP saturday, find housing for my caravan, and go to PnT sunday. or go to Kamanos saturday and no tourney sunday, since driving to PnT on sunday after Kamano's would be just dumb.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
NOT ONE
BUT TWO.
The answer is obvious.
If I'm not hung over from clubbing with my best friend, I'll go to this. . .
but I have to go out again the night of this, too xD

Also, GDX, I could probably house you depending on how many people come with you, but then I'd also need a ride to the tournaments. I live like 45 minutes to an hour from Miami, 45 minutes from ZP, I don't even know if it would be worth it for you, but the offer is open.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
yea, and theres also the possibiltiy of stayin with me and riddle. two houses but on the same street basically, i'll talk to him and see if he'd be willing. (figure if we split u guys up, housing gets easier.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i dont know whos in the caravan. i never know...lol

i do know that colbol has reserved seating for this particular tourney, if he so chooses to take it. so at least so far its me, HRnut, and colbol.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
I'm gonna go ahead and reserve Gmoney a seat since he's asleep, assuming you'd even be willing to take him, but I know he's gonna wanna go.

Who goes to sleep before midnight, seriously?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I'm gonna go ahead and reserve Gmoney a seat since he's asleep, assuming you'd even be willing to take him, but I know he's gonna wanna go.

Who goes to sleep before midnight, seriously?
i should because i have work in 8 or so hours

some people have already asked before you've asked for gmoney for this tourney...so i gotta talk to them first, but ill keep your boy in mind afterwards

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I will most likely go and if I do I'll bring a Wii. No more long drives for me, at least not for a long while.
you live in SFL. you dont have long drives except for gigs :laugh:

sometimes i wish i lived in SFL just for easy access to tourneys...but then i remembered i don't want to live in any of the actual cities down there. at least not over orlando

McRib

Smash Journeyman
I consider anywhere an hour and a half away from my hose to be pretty far, so Lolful,Willvo,Gigs,Last Stand,FAST,Giggs a coulple more times are far to me.

PNT is about a half hour from me and ZP is like 45 minutes.

So for the past month or so I have gone to a lot of far ones IMO, but then again thats just my definition of far.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
SFL is far from everywhere. We have to drive to Orlando (2.5 hours), Tampa/St. Pete (4-5), Jacksonville (4-5), and any other random places. At least from Orlando, none of those places are that far, except for coming down here :/

Also, okay fair enough, I just figured I'd say a little somethin' for him. You rock, sir<3

I also feel for BOOOOONNNNNEEESAAAWWWWW so hard right now. Tournaments in St. Pete/Tampa are now in the "nopesies" category, even though I did have a very good time.

nevershootme

Smash Master
you live in SFL. you dont have long drives except for gigs :laugh:

sometimes i wish i lived in SFL just for easy access to tourneys...but then i remembered i don't want to live in any of the actual cities down there. at least not over orlando
hell yea... zp, gamebreakers, play-n-trade, nexus, FIU. all within 30 minutes the most of each place except FIU which is an hour (at least where i live though).

living in SFL is not fun with the rate of houses... if it was 20 years ago, then yea...

edit: I'm hitting up to the nexus next week since i need a long ***** break from 12 weeks straight of classes

McRib

Smash Journeyman
This is why there needs to be more places around here that host tournaments. PnT is cool and all but i want a Nexus type place by my house. A place where I can just chill, have fun, play smash, and host tourneys which is like at most 20 minutes from my house.

But its cool, I just think I'm still feeling this weekend. I Literally did nothing yesterday (Sunday) and got home at midnight from Seibriks house. It was just exhausting. Just saying could have been avoided if there were more places around SFL like that.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Wednesday's are the only nights that are REALLY worth coming up for.
I could be down if i was able to get a place to stay for the night and take the train the next morning back home (i'm a money saver anyways...), but mostly i'd be there in the afternoon until 6-7pm...

This is why there needs to be more places around here that host tournaments. PnT is cool and all but i want a Nexus type place by my house. A place where I can just chill, have fun, play smash, and host tourneys which is like at most 20 minutes from my house.

But its cool, I just think I'm still feeling this weekend. I Literally did nothing yesterday (Sunday) and got home at midnight from Seibriks house. It was just exhausting. Just saying could have been avoided if there were more places around SFL like that.
... the only thing left is FIU, minus all the extra arcades and stuff, otherwise i'd be going to gameworks on thursdays playing ddr all night. running tournaments is simply done by asking the game room...

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Nexus is the best, it's a shame they don't have the room to hold as many people as a Brawl tournament would bring in. The place is fancy as hell.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Nexus is the best, it's a shame they don't have the room to hold as many people as a Brawl tournament would bring in. The place is fancy as hell.
i only go cuz they have the machines i want to play... beatmania and pop'n music... by the way, the last time i was there (early may), you may have spotted me or not, but i'm that other only asian dude there aside from the employee. I was playing hunter (falco) and i was using olimar, sitting next to icekid and equi and afro. Green Mario was there at the time.

...At least my perfect game of Time Crisis 4 is still there on the high scores... muwahahaha

Gingerr

Smash Lord
I don't remember, but it must have been a long time ago if Ryan was still playing Falco then o_o

nevershootme

Smash Master
I don't remember, but it must have been a long time ago if Ryan was still playing Falco then o_o
people i meet nowadays have terrible memorization, i wonder if it's all of america... all i know is that i was there on april 30th :) you'll finally spot me on saturday as i'm running the tourney (if you are going of course), it's not hard since i'm practically the only chinese man there

Gingerr

Smash Lord
I know what you look like, I just never remember seeing you at Nexus. It might have something to do with the fact that I'm there nearly every single night, and therefore see a lot of people. I'm going, probably hitching a ride with Afro/PolMex/Whoever it was that they're coming with.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
SFL is far from everywhere. We have to drive to Orlando (2.5 hours), Tampa/St. Pete (4-5), Jacksonville (4-5), and any other random places. At least from Orlando, none of those places are that far, except for coming down here :/
Ha! Try living in the panhandle.

From Pensacola, Tampa is 7 hours. Orlando is basically the same at 6 hours 45 minutes. Jacksonville is 5.5 hours and Miami is a whopping 10 hours.

Closest OOS ones are Baton Rouge, LA or Birmingham, AL which are both 4 hours.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i couldnt do a friday tourney too...i gotta work that day

so, im pretty sure im coming to this, at this point. i just need to confirm the other people in the caravan and make sure they're ok with staying over and whatnot

McRib

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm pretty sure most SFL wasn't going to to Lan Odyssey, so basically Seibriks is just trying to help the little men with tourney fixes out by doing one a little closer to home.

Does anyone know the official date of the next gigs because its been switched a lot and I just want to see if I can go or not?

Top Bottom