• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

secondaries for pit

Status
Not open for further replies.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
im sick to death of the mk vs pit matchups and g&w vs pit though im not sure what people find so bad about marth vs pit or olimar vs pit i seem to do just fine agenst those chars

so my main question is whats a great secondary for pit that does decently agenst g&w AND mk

it kills me as a pit exclusive tournament guy to do this but it must be done

not using either of the dks just dont like their playstyle

not using mk either if you wondering why its cuz im not a douche :)jk to the meta mains

Afropony

Smash Lord
I would say Snake because he is good against G&w, Marth and supposedly MK.

We have these threads coming up every month or 2 so you could probably use the Q&A thread for this question.

SSD

Smash Journeyman
Use captain falcon against meta knight. You won't win, but at least it will be entertaining.

I use lucario as my secondary, though only against meta knight - for nearly everything else, I just stay with Pit.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
Use captain falcon against meta knight. You won't win, but at least it will be entertaining.

I use lucario as my secondary, though only against meta knight - for nearly everything else, I just stay with Pit.
lol that made my day

but cf pwns in brawl+ he was nerfed from melee though

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
i just want to hear options im not sure if ill even have a secondary its just getting old the g&w and mk matchups idk about marth matchups i usually win olimar matchups are usually fine i just approach with nairs and such its mk and g&w i really have a problem with but expecially mk

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Snake is a good counterpick. He rocks stages with platforms because of his F-Tilt, and he is strong in general.

Personally, I main Diddy and secondary Pit. If you want to have a decent chance at beating MK choose Diddy or Falco. Diddy works well for me in MK matchups.

SSD

Smash Journeyman
^Diddy is a good secondary. He does fairly well against meta knight and his yells annoy people almost as much as Pit's voice does.

Chaser

Smash Rookie
I'm trying to second Mario, idk if it's going to work out, but he has some things people don't expect maybe you can catch them off guard, the sad part is playing Mario feels so terrible recovery wise after playing Pit.

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
I dual main Pit and Marth with Diddy and Ness as secondaries. It seems to work well for me.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
you could always go hard core and go with who you like. =/

look at me I main PT and TL. PT doesnt usually get me far in tournies but I can put up a good fight. I wouldnt give PT for anything in the world. Besides, I can always get help from guys I know like Reflex Wonder who is the best guy we have.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Snake works for your blind matchups like they said. A lot of brawl players are bad and try to win using the same thing over and over again. Tornado/dsmash with meta, and turtle/Dair with GW.
Grenades + Shield beat them both.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
For awhile I figured the Ice Climbers would work well. G&W and MK are nearly the same weight so the chaingrabs wouldn't vary much between the two. However it can be difficult to grab a MK or even a G&W.

rinoH

Smash Lord
For awhile I figured the Ice Climbers would work well. G&W and MK are nearly the same weight so the chaingrabs wouldn't vary much between the two. However it can be difficult to grab a MK or even a G&W.
tru but i think Diddy would be better for the job

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Some say Bowser actually does quite okay against Broken Meta with his grab release options, pretty average, but still at a small disadvantage. DK would be another option occasionally.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
my second character has always been toon link. When pit couldnt handle heavy characters, during the earlier part of my brawl "career." Toon link is perfect for them. Fast, really good at comboing heavy characters, with his multiple projectiles, he fights off metaknight alot better then pit could ever hope to. His boomerang acts kind of like an arrow loops, and stuns people long enough for finishers. Toon link has an amazing aerial game, possibly even better then pit, at least in my opinion. He also plays very similarly to pit. A great mid range character.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
I've always used MK, mostly to respond to G&W and counter stages. Thing is I suck at MK dittos so I usually stick with Pit for that matchup. >.>

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
i main Pit, but in gernal i cna use any character that genreally good at aerial combat, well except MK, who i refuse to use. SO i gernally use Marth and Kirby as secondaries

Crew

Smash Apprentice
I dual main Pit and Wolf. So far, so good. I can handle MKs pretty well as Wolf, but they sort of tear my Pit up.

Go figure.

Winter Genesis

Smash Rookie
I secondary Shiek (not really Zelda (see sig)) mostly because she has soooooooooo many tricks up her sleeve.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
i second lucario and DK, lucairos fun to jsut throw out walls of hitboxes and dk for his multiple spikes and his epic cargo throw stage spike MUAHAHA

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
try giving diddy a chance once u get used to his playstyle its actually kinda fun and he does well against Metagay and GaymnWatch

GAMBIT MAKE ME A SIG PLEASEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom