• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Season's Beatings III: Money/Power/Resets! Columbus, OH -Oct. 18/19 - '08

Ghaleon

Smash Apprentice
lol for the last time, profit implies taking the community's $$ for personal gain. That's not what we do. We'll be fortunate to break even after all costs and promotion, as I said, even as impossible as that might seem to people initially.

Looking forward to see all you guys this weekend. Please read over the ALL BRAWL rules before Sunday since it's kind of a different thing btw so we can avoid questions on the ruleset on the day.

D3ltaPunk

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure quivo but its the red roof by the venue like 30 sec away from it lol. 441 ackerman rd Columbus, OH, USA 43202
(sr 315 at ackerman rd)

Ghaleon

Smash Apprentice
Fugee posting:

Forward - No offense taken.

if you are planning on bringing your own set up please pm and we will waive your venue fee however we will not use them all due to space availability.

QUIVO

Smash Master
i know where az lives, i'll wait to see what soap says about picking you guys up.

you guys really shouldn't have to pay an extra $30-35 to get a taxi

and d3lta punk, i'll look into it

soap

Smash Hero
actually if u could pick them up quivo that would be sweet i have dinner plans around the time they need to be picked up, if u cant do it ill get it done anyways

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Pyrogamer and myself are also pre-registering if it's not to late

Name: Sonic The Hedgedawg
Tag: Kyle
Controls: Untampered with. (tap jump still on, all that jazz)

Name: Pyrogamer
Tag: Pyro
Controls: Default as well. (Tap jump still on, all that jazz)

participating in: brawl singles on saturday. maybe in teams too... but no promises.

Kel

Smash Master
All of a sudden I had this strong urge to go to this thing. I'm going to try to get someone to switch with me tomorrow, but it's like a 15% chance of me going.

too bad brawl isn't Sunday, that'd make things easier for me :(. I'll see what I can do!

Pdiamond

Smash Apprentice
It was terrible this year (or atleast saturday was). they said they open at 11 am, we had to wait 2 hours outside to get in. (1 pm) disappointed me they had brawl in the back corner on the smallest TV's.I was going to participate in the tourny but i wasnt feeling very good after the first couple of hours so i left. i did however get in alot of casuals. Who was there playing Kirby, African American with glasses. We had a awesome casual brawl, just wondering who it was xD

EDIT: btw i dont want to sound like a ****. i just was having a bad day and the waiting 2 hours just really didn't help, i might go back for "ALL BRAWL" just to fit in some more casuals.

T-800

Smash Apprentice
It was terrible this year (or atleast saturday was). they said they open at 11 am, we had to wait 2 hours outside to get in. (1 pm) disappointed me they had brawl in the back corner on the smallest TV's.
The Brawl tournament (dunno about the others) was a ridiculously 3+ hours late in starting. I haven't been to a Brawl tournament that didn't start a little late, but 3 and a half hours is just way too long. I don't know exactly where along the line things fell apart, but they did. We had to get going so unfortunately I didn't get to stay for the doubles tournament, assuming there was one, because I had to go to work at 5 AM (which is where I am now). I will say that after things got going they seemed to run smoothly enough with the working stations we had available.

And congrats, Inui, I totally had you pegged as the guy going to win it. My picking skills are top tier, my Brawl skills....not so much.

Kix

Smash Journeyman
I was surprised so many people wanted to play Melee, good stuff. The Guilty Gear tournament got so messed up they had to cancel it late in.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Waiting so long for Brawl to start and to get in really sucked. Half the people left half way through the tournament and I can't say I really blame them considering how late it started. Casuals were fun. Disappointed at my own performance but meh. Threw up three times afterward and had a headache all day but assume that to be (mostly) unrelated to the venue or its food. Had a good time overall but it could have been better.

Pdiamond

Smash Apprentice
Waiting so long for Brawl to start and to get in really sucked. Half the people left half way through the tournament and I can't say I really blame them considering how late it started. Casuals were fun. Disappointed at my own performance but meh. Threw up three times afterward and had a headache all day but assume that to be (mostly) unrelated to the venue or its food. Had a good time overall but it could have been better.

maybe it was there food, i left early because i really wasn't feeling good i almost pucked a few times but i was able to keep it down.

2-Tone

Smash Journeyman
Soap- Your Sheik still kicks a$$. But like the rest of us, your bracket building sucks, lol. See you at Middle of Ohio.
Forward-Good ****, man. Still wish you would've gone Falco at least once. But your Fox is impressive as hell.
Pyro-Calm down when you play, man. You get so frustrated.
AJ-Sexiest Captain I've seen in a long time. I want to play you again, sometime.
Dobs-Awesome friendlies, and good teams matches. I would've flipped if I won that last 2v1 in teams on DL. Sooo close.
Impp-Wow. Zelda's scary. It's weird, but, I kept hoping you would change to Sheik in a couple of our matches, lol.
Impps Partner(Forget your name, sorry)-Great friendlies. Hope to see ya at more tourneys, man.
Drephen, BigR, Paradigm, Quivo, Reside-Wish you guys would've made it. We would have had a much better turnout if you had. Oh well, hopefully we'll play at Middle of Ohio IV.
Megachuk&FEAR-My dudes, congrats on 2nd in doubles. And Sean, quit school, dammit. Chuck D, you're a real man.

To the hosts-What the crap? It took forever to get started and we had like, no setups. It was a lot better last year, but still, thanks for running it again.

Guys from New York- Brawl is A$$!

soap

Smash Hero
i dont blame the hosts, they had a ton of **** going on to take care of, and i realize melee is not the main event. it was better last year cuz: A. Brawl did not exist, B. we had a better turnout cuz there wasnt a major melee event, C. we had MATHOS, an experienced tourney organizer running brackets and SCreaming at people to play matches, me and sarah are too nice. anyways i still had a good time regardless, i always love my bubble tea + melee combo.

tony- lol we didnt do friendlies, my bad

forward- umm.. yeayhuz...way to carry the team.. im salty cuz u brought it back twice on your own in the finals but i couldnt bring my match back. hope u liked ohio, its cool but not amazing...

Chuk+shawn, good **** in teams finals, even though u pulled double fox pokefloat shenanigans

Pyro- good matches, i underestimated u

Ajj- u forgot how to tech chase, its from playing too much fox

impp- u fourstocked my marth wtf...im happy when u switch to sheik too, im like o man i can approach. your zelda is Kid tested mother approved.

kevin+pirin- those teams friendlies were like the funnest thing ever, my ness is 222good, i learned everything from big R we just sit around playing ness dittoes

2-Tone

Smash Journeyman
tony- lol we didnt do friendlies, my bad
ah well. We'll get somethin going at the next tourney. btw, nice stock tanking in teams for Forward. I think when we lost the second match, Forward was at 1 stock and you were at 3 with stupid high percent. Good ****.

2-Tone

Smash Journeyman
he was the aggression, i was the tent
I should have tried Fox in one of those matches. Your sheik is pretty well tuned to dealing with my marth. Then again, Forward would prolly **** my fox. All in all tho, even though we were 2-0'ed, I think I played pretty well considering who I was up against.

I hope I play a little better when Chuk and I team at MoTOT IV.

Top Bottom