• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Season's Beatings III: Money/Power/Resets! Columbus, OH -Oct. 18/19 - '08

curiousthoughtsbear

Smash Apprentice
Aj

Melee All da WAYYYYYY

Also.....we have to register, i remember being able to just walk in and pay my dues ! ? ! ? !

Yo bushman if you're on here somewhere, we should team !
(and if you're going)

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Dook/Forward: yea, I can house both of ya'll. there is a bed and a sofa, so no floor. PM me your cells (forward you still have same cell #?) because I'm to lazy to check this thread at a regular basis.

For food: there is Jimmy Johns, Buff Wild Wings, Dominos, Donatos, an amazing chinese food place, CVS, and a few other places (bars/random restraunts/panda express) within like 2 blocks of me.

I also don't know if I'll be going sunday. I'll definately be doing the Brawl tournaments, but shelling out $60 for a double elimination tournament is to much, plus I haven't really played Melee since Brawl came out. Heck, $40 is to **** expensive, what is with that? Didn't it use to be a $10 venue fee?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I'm looking for a high level Brawl player to team with. I've won the last three tournaments I've entered in teams with players like Bum, NinjaLink, Snakeee, teh_spamerer, and other amazing players in attendance, so I'm obviously really good in teams LOL.

QUIVO

Smash Master
moy's? i thought it was no 1 chinese or whatever. or are they the same thing? I am yet to go to either? im confused.

soap

Smash Hero
No. 1 is far from number 1, its trash, moys is next to buckeye donuts, the outside is kinda subtle its easy to miss

curiousthoughtsbear

Smash Apprentice
numba one is for brawl players.............

moy's is for the smash elite

JK JK

I'm vegetarian so # 1 is pretty shoddy in my book, but I'm sure all y'all omnivores love it for what it is......some fast chinese food.

Anyway, yo AlphaZ, could you link me a vid of someone doing the hammer float with brawl kirby.
Heard it's pretty cool.

Kix

Smash Journeyman
I am not going to be there Sunday, but I am bringing Melee and a Cube anyway on Saturday. It should have been Melee.

D3ltaPunk

Smash Apprentice
I'll be heading to this. Is anyone going to momos for casuals on friday? Or where are people meeting up for smash before the tourney? I'll be getting to the red roof inn by around 4pm on friday. Also. . . Sadaharu if your looking for a partner I'm that partner.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
the darkness will be there at full power!

i'm also running the sc4 tournament! i do hope that some of yous will participate in that as well.

it's sexy time...

"plays techno music"

lol

QUIVO

Smash Master
I need to try these places.

Anyway, me and az are hopefully gonna rip this ****. Bananas + projectile spam.

Vayseth

Smash Master
the darkness will be there at full power!

i'm also running the sc4 tournament! i do hope that some of yous will participate in that as well.

it's sexy time...

"plays techno music"

lol
WTF Webster you best be going to D_K's super brawl 4 all **** fest on the 1st because I'm going to show you how to play games and Rev 2 will be there. I'll also prove to you why Sai is nothing but a big baby and I have no idea why black people think he is so good when he's really low tier garbage.

D3ltaPunk

Smash Apprentice
Well if anyone needs a brawl partner tell me. I also still want to know where the smashing will be at cause my room is officially gonna have no smashers.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Well if anyone needs a brawl partner tell me. I also still want to know where the smashing will be at cause my room is officially gonna have no smashers.
If you want, you could more than likely come play with at least me. I'm pretty sure i'll be playing with AZ, Forward, and Dook.

soap

Smash Hero
If you want, you could more than likely come play with at least me. I'm pretty sure i'll be playing with AZ, Forward, and Dook.
will there be any melee practice going on at your place? i could bring an extra setup and we could do both at the same time, if you have space that is

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
People who are allowed at my place: Forward, Dook, Quivo, Soap...
Though only Forward/Dook can spend the night. Sorries to everyone else but those are all people I've previously met (except Dook, but hes coming from AZ with Forward).

Thats pretty much it because there isn't much room + I have a room mate + my gf will be there + I don't want the place trashed.

Soap: have Melee ready for Saturday night (though I also want to play a bunch of beer pong) because the Melee tourament is Sunday I believe.

Ideally I would like someone else to bring a Wii, I've got two tv's set up right next to each other so Friday night we can do doubles/singles (I have one Wii already) simultaneously and no one will have to sit out (Dook/Quivo/Soap/Forward/myself/my gf who ***** makes 6).

Same deal Saturday night but Melee (or some Melee and some Brawl, I don't really play Melee much anymore :( ).

QUIVO

Smash Master
hm, well if more people are interested in playing we can go to my place, if not thats fine. I'd like to play beer pong too lol. BTW, i can bring a set up to az's.

I can play melee if you want, but im not entering the tournament as of now

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hmm, I didn't know Ajj was in on this discussion. I may make an exception for himz. Shrugz.

Yea I'm not doing the Melee tournament on Sunday either.

We should do a BP tournament, either 2v2s or 1v1s.

forward

Smash Champion
lol 10 people melee tourney, that sucks. if the venue fee wasn't so much we'd get more players, but someone wants to make profit so our wallets and our tournament suffers

soap

Smash Hero
i **** Beer Pong, this will be a no brainer, and no Natty please, ill bring some coors or busch or something

edit- ya twenty dollar venue is kinda ridiculous for people coming to play only one game, alot of the cleveland kids i talked to last week were kinda sketchy cuz of that. But we're losing most of the crowd due to mah dood Darkrains tourney this weekend

King~

Smash Champion
Hey does anyone have any space at their place friday night(just the one night), or could someone come get me from gahanaa(i think thats how its spelled) saturday morning

cause i plan on catching the bus down thursday night and stayin with my cousins, but there actin gay and dont wanna take me in the morning talking about the earliest they could get me there is at 2 or 3

QUIVO

Smash Master
I could probably, my number is 513-288-3109. You can also just pm me if you want so we can get details sorted out. Or IM me at Qkummbr.

Btw, i'll be down for beer pong tourny.

and lol at soap. No natty, but you'll drink busch? Coors is good though

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
WTF Webster you best be going to D_K's super brawl 4 all **** fest on the 1st because I'm going to show you how to play games and Rev 2 will be there. I'll also prove to you why Sai is nothing but a big baby and I have no idea why black people think he is so good when he's really low tier garbage.
**** ALEX I HAD NO IDEA THAT TOURNAMENT EXISTED!!! I WILL TRY TO COME TO IT. IT'D BE GOOD TO SEE U AGAIN AND HAVE INCREDIBLE...HOT... SWEATY - NARUTO SEX, WITH U ALL DOWN THERE. HA HA...QGOOD TIMES INDEED!!!

FYI FOR U CALIBUR PLAYERS:

I posted this on www.caliburforum.com

Hello to everyone attending and/or participating in the soul calibur 4 tournament at sb3. my name is Webster Snow Jr. a.k.a devildigimon and I am runner of this tournament.

I want u all to PAY SPECIAL ATTENTION TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY. I'm am however, am going to repeat some of this rant/speech before the tournament starts:

I am aware that this tournament is serious business for most of you. So I am not here to **** around and play childish games with grown people (unless it's me playing soul calibur in my tournament match). I am NOT going to kiss your ***! I am NOT going to babysit any of yous! I hope I made this clear!

Since you are reading my expectations online DO NOT come to the tournament acting like u had no idea what to expect (when u read them below). Because that is bull****! I don't want to hear any *****ing if u get D.Q'ed because of something YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED!!!

Okay here we go!!!

- BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT STARTS (maybe a half an hour) GO EAT AND/OR USE THE BATHROOM!

This is one of the biggest reasons why people are D.Q'ed from tournaments because they try to do this during the tournament "thinking" they have enough time. Do it before hand, NO WORRIES!!!

- If U ARE PLAYING IN A DIFFERENT TOURNAMENT, TELL ME!

This is the 2nd reason why people get D.Q'ed. Because they are forced to choose to either go play their match or wait to be called in another. If u tell me u have to play elsewhere I WILL postpone your match to the BOTTOM of the list. That is FAIR. It Gives u time and moves people ahead. Simple.

- STAY IN THE TOURNAMENT SECTION/AREA!

I REFUSE to come lookinging for u. End of story!

- WHEN U ARE ON DECK, DO NOT LEAVE (UNLESS U ARE DYING)!

"On Deck", Means for u and your opponent to patiently wait behind two contestants playing in their match. So as soon as their match is over, the next one will start immediately. Again to make the tournament run smoothly.

- WHEN U WIN OR LOSE YOUR MATCH, REPORT IN!

This is self-explanitory. This greatly helps the tournament move A LOT faster.

- FOR CHRIST SAKE, HAVE YOUR EQUIPTMENT READY!

We really DON'T want to wait 15mins for u to look for a stick/controller to borrow. Please plan ahead! ONLY insert usb related items in PS3 at the CONTROLLER SELECT SCREEN. AND U BETTER MAKE SURE U CONFIGURE YOUR CONTROLLER/STICK BEFORE THE MATCH STARTS. THE PAUSE/SOFT RESET RULE WILL BE IN FULL FORCE!!!

- IF U ARE UNSURE OF SOMETHING, ASK!

Man-up and admit u don't know! "U don't want to be D.Q'ed for something stupid, right?"

- I AM ONLY GOING TO CALL U/YOUR NAME TWICE!

If YOU DIDN'T TELL ME BEFORE HAND that you would be ANYWHERE ELSE, and I call u TWICE and there is NO ANSWER, I will D.Q THE **** OUTTA YOU. END OF STORY...PERIOD!!! NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE FOR ANYONE!!! NONE!!!

Okay that about covers it! In cause u all haven't realized, I WILL D.Q (DISQUALIFY) people. I know u guys are traveling from there, here, and/or timbucktwo...BUT THEN AGAIN GOT ****IT...U PEOPLE ARE GROWN SO U BETTER HAVE YOUR **** TOGETHER, PAY ATTENTION, AND FOLLOW RULES AND EXPECTATIONS! AGAIN...I'M NOT HERE TO BABYSIT OR ARGUE WIT ANYONE. SO IF U COME AT ME CORRECT...U ARE GOOD. IF U COME AT ME WRONG...U WILL HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM...(MORE LIKE I WILL IGNORE U FOR THE REST OF THE DAY...lol)

:D

I LOVE U ALL MORE THAN U COULD EVER IMAGINE...BECAUSE TOGETHER WE ARE A STRONG FIGHTING GAME COMMUNITY!

SO LET'S ALL HAVE AN AMAZING TIME AT SB3! ALL IN FAVOR SAY/POST:

WEBSTER SUCKS AT SOUL CALIBUR...

:(

Top Bottom