• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SDB NW Presents: SHS1, Bolton, 18th July.

grayfox

Smash Champion
With us running two large swiss leagues at this tournament (imagine two very large, intense, pools) and only 4 people from each making the DE bracket, who do people think will get there?

Imo this is going to be one of the closest tournaments in some time. Alot of very good players on very similar playing levels!

Fuzzy
Pro
Edwin
Z
Ryan
Ed
Jam
Craiigg
Coey
Jo3
Aiko

..Ben?!?!

going to be close stuff!
Also - LOOOOL!

Love the idea of Bullet Ben going for it with all hes got. COME ON BEN! The Tim Henman of SHS1?!?

Kone

Smash Master
Pro are they even coming?

Ryan - yeah i agree. Just hard to do without knowing whos in each swiss league. To be honest tho with current numbers maybe more likley that we just do one big swiss league (unless 4 or so more people book). Would be easier to run on tvs anyway. See what happens. If that happens tho we'd use top eight for DE.

grayfox

Smash Champion
Yeah true, if it was one big swiss league we wouldn't have to worry about who goes into each one if we had 2. Would definately be fairer, and more interesting as you could end up playing anyone.

Kone

Smash Master
Yeah it would be fairer and more likely that you would have to go through/play a lot more people to make the top 8 (including alot of those that would make top 8). Ill simulate a tournament tonight using both methods and see how long each would take in terms of matches played.

See whether one big swiss based on current turnout would look like.

Oh, will has ability to record matches btw =). However, does anyone have a video camcorder ? so that we can get some roaming footage of the tourney. Think itd be good to get a montage of this tourney sorted. Use it as a way to promote future tournaments/make londoners travel ;)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Pro are they even coming?
Literally just got off the phone with both of them.
They are finding out today if they can get the money and stuff and ask their parents if everything is ok and stuff. I am gonna give them a bit of money if they don't hav enogh but prob just tournament entry money since I still need money for myself lol.
Is there any chance of there ticket prices have increased already since they were £14/16 before?

There is a doubles tournament at this right?

Kone

Smash Master
£18 with nationalexpress into manchester. £16 with megabus into manchester. £20 with megabus into bolton (and they would be on same coach as u guys). The bus is a couple of quid return from manc to bolton so they may aswell pay 20 and go direct to bolton with u guys.

Its not really a massive increase in money :)

and yeah there are doubles ofc

also a bbq

and many other fun activites to be had lol

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I shouldda won thats why!!! blah blah blah john blah blah
You deserved to lose because he is better then you and he beat you by a few stock lol.
Plus you said you were gonna beat him and he beat you and he is new into the community in comparison to you so that just increased the lulz of the situation.

£18 with nationalexpress into manchester. £16 with megabus into manchester. £20 with megabus into bolton (and they would be on same coach as u guys). The bus is a couple of quid return from manc to bolton so they may aswell pay 20 and go direct to bolton with u guys.

Its not really a massive increase in money :)

and yeah there are doubles ofc

also a bbq

and many other fun activites to be had lol
I will tell them about the £20 thing as it would prob be easy for them if they go with us.

Just like to warn everyone me and Paul (team dole) will be taking teams at this. I don't even know who is teaming, but it doesn't matter.
If me and Fuzzyness team for this we have pretty much got it in the bag. I think he might team with Edwin but I dunno, I will ask him if he wants to team, he should team with me if he wants a guarantee for the first place money anyway lol.

grayfox

Smash Champion
Pro I'm sure that wombo combo me and Robby decimated you with keeps you up at night. Let us not say hasteful words, me and Paul have the most colourful teams backgrounds going. Many team mates, many victories, many dreams. Yet we have never teamed together, to unify a force so unstoppable that it just isn't comprihendable :confused:

That is... Until now! The best players in Scotland, the most experienced of their active roster, within the most experienced and gloried section of uk smash, together, united at last :confused:

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Pro I'm sure that wombo combo me and Robby decimated you with keeps you up at night. Let us not say hasteful words, me and Paul have the most colourful teams backgrounds going. Many team mates, many victories, many dreams. Yet we have never teamed together, to unify a force so unstoppable that it just isn't comprihendable :confused:

That is... Until now! The best players in Scotland, the most experienced of their active roster, within the most experienced and gloried section of uk smash, together, united at last :confused:
Don't get happy from a combo like you won the match, London will be on tournament on all aspects of this game as usual at this event, you can talk, but when it comes down to it london ***** everyonelse outside of London and it will be proved at this event.

grayfox

Smash Champion
Don't get happy from a combo like you won the match, London will be on tournament on all aspects of this game as usual at this event, you can talk, but when it comes down to it london ***** everyonelse outside of London and it will be proved at this event.
London is known for it's great successes as of late, it's definately on top of the ball...

I can't wait for London to show us all time and time again how they deliver on their gaurgantuan claims...

:urg:

J03

Smash Master
haha after my abismal team effort with Ed ill either be teaming with him or Coeypops, really don't know who at this point, whichever has ther most banter on the day really.

It also doesnt matter who i team with, ill be taking teams thank you very much and theres no rebutle to be had... coz i dont come online much muhaha.

Loving how tight the top 8 will be, who will not be making the top 8??

i know i will, im taking 3rd thank you very much, and if pro or charles decide to sneeze ill take 1st or 2nd.

Zeppo is obviously just terrible

Ryan cant short hop

Pro cant recover

Charles cant think

Edlose just camps

your all just terrible to be honest

get ready for the NEW NO: 1 FOX IN BRITAIN... in fact

get ready for a new UK CHAMPION

Kone

Smash Master
LONDON

Pro+Edwin+Fuzzy+Gants+Last Dragon+TC+Anyone else you guys can muster

VS

SDB

Jam+Z+Craiigg+Jo3+Co3y+Aiko+Kone+Ryan​

THE BIG MATCH =X

Kone

Smash Master
lol joe was that edlose me or edwin? probs edwin but i do camp so im confused U_U. Either way i was thinkign bout my game after the weekend and decided im going to be ultra campy at this lol. Taken my defense to the next level ^________________________________^

Also, if you wanna team with will thats coool, ill find someone. Jam? (tho jammy maybe with craiigggy?) andjoe our teaming was good, just, you werent so good lol teeheeeee. I dont die in teams =x

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LONDON

Pro+Edwin+Fuzzy+Gants+Last Dragon+TC+Anyone else you guys can muster

VS

SDB

Jam+Z+Craiigg+Jo3+Co3y+Aiko+Kone+Ryan

THE BIG MATCH =X
I would be up for it.
Atleast we don't have all of our best players on our teams cos now it makes it more even, if we did it would be total destruction for the SDB team.
I don't think we could get anymore people on our team but we could have stock advantage lol, or we could just put two people in twice to represent Chrisboi and Frostbyte lol.

Kone

Smash Master
lol unlikely pro. This is going to be **** for you guys and you'll ***** it was unfair cos you didnt have your better players. Who would u add? chrisboi n frostbyte? ..........we'd still win !

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol unlikely pro. This is going to be **** for you guys and you'll ***** it was unfair cos you didnt have your better players. Who would u add? chrisboi n frostbyte? ..........we'd still win !
lol I think you know that we would win if all of our players were there, if you clearly look at a list of our top 8 and anyone outside of London, we would win.
Of course we have the right to complain that we don't have our best players, it obviously has a massive impact if we are missing two of our best players lol.

Kone

Smash Master
lol seriously who could you add except frost and chrisboi. your 8 vs our 8 wouild be epic and even imo. I think you aint played enough of the top 8 outside of london ;). It would be helluva match.

We'll beat you on our home turf then you guys need to sort out a london tourney and we'll kick ur *** on your turf ;)

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
got my tickets btw. Except one is missing from one leg of my return lol. I'll try and see if I cahn get it at the station before I go but since it's just bolton to Mac picadilly I assume I could buy that and it wouldn't cost that much?

grayfox

Smash Champion
Can't wait for SDB to pipe London. A bunch of out of practice old dogs beating a group, that in typical London fashion, have completely overestimated their own greatness!

Look! The Johns are flying out already. Pre-emptive Frostbyte Johns and the like. You guys should know that consistant no-shows is a factor in lacking of greatness, I mean you guys know Edwin right?!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol seriously who could you add except frost and chrisboi. your 8 vs our 8 wouild be epic and even imo. I think you aint played enough of the top 8 outside of london ;). It would be helluva match.

We'll beat you on our home turf then you guys need to sort out a london tourney and we'll kick ur *** on your turf ;)
In reality you wouldn't, beat us lol.
If this is your team...

Jam+Z+Craiigg+Jo3+Co3y+Aiko+Kone+Ryan

And this is our team

Professor Pro + Fuzzyness + Chrisboi + Edwin + Frostbyte + Kman + Last Dragon

You don't stand a chance lol.
Come to our turf and get destroyed lol.
If you don't win the event at this tournament with three of our players missing you might iswell not even try against all of us.
If we win or get you down to 4 stock there is no point in even trying lol.

Can't wait for SDB to pipe London. A bunch of out of practice old dogs beating a group, that in typical London fashion, have completely overestimated their own greatness!

Look! The Johns are flying out already. Pre-emptive Frostbyte Johns and the like. You guys should know that consistant no-shows is a factor in lacking of greatness, I mean you guys know Edwin right?!
lol Everyone outside of London tries to talk like they will make a bigger impact at an event then they usually do.
The chance of you winning has obviously massively increased with the likes of Kman, Chrisboi and Frostbyte not being on our team. So if you don't win or we come close to beating you then my life is gonna contain lots of the lulz.
We don't overestimate our greatness, we place top all the time correct:confused:
When was the last time a londoner didn't:confused:

grayfox

Smash Champion
Can't argue with the results :confused: Just like you won't be able too when SDB walks all over your precious city. Oh wait, your already arguing with it before it's happened!!

In another note, I was looking at Drephen vids earlier, might take up Sheik on a whim! Surprised I've never dabbled in her after all these years.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Frostbyte that guy I 4 stocked? :confused:

London are just basking off the spoils of olden times. Keep up with the now. :confused: I am amazing, I 4 stocked Frostbyte.

Is Chrisboi definitely not going?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Can't argue with the results :confused: Just like you won't be able too when SDB walks all over your precious city. Oh wait, your already arguing with it before it's happened!!
lool Fair enough, but I am simply just stating that our best players aren't there so don't try to make it seem like your best went against our best lol.
Out of london has all of the top 8 at this tournament so you lot are lucky.
We will still win anyway if Me and Charles go in twice since it is 8 vs 8 and we only got 6.

Frostbyte that guy I 4 stocked? :confused:

London are just basking off the spoils of olden times. Keep up with the now. :confused: I am amazing, I 4 stocked Frostbyte.

Is Chrisboi definitely not going?
Aren't you that guy I beat in a tournament with ease:confused:

London will place top at this iswell, top 2 will be Londoners which is basically me and Charles lol.

Buns

Smash Rookie
There we go name change complete, meeting the criteria needed for a generic alias, both simple and sh*t

No Ganon MM's then or team partner, I'll end up teaming with the only guy who ain't got a team member like the last two picked for the football team lol

also who was it that contested against my claim of being the best yoshi in the uk (which I've since retracted), I took on Z and lost so obviously i ain't the best yoshi but I would still like to play that other guy in a yoshi ditto despite not playing yoshi much these days

craiigg

Smash Lord
some quotes of wisdom for you all to get in your game and take it to the next level

'you cannot let praise or criticism get to you.
It is a weakness to get caught up in either one.'

'to fly we have to have resistance'

'listen to your enemy to hear the truth'

'deceit is done with words and also with silence'

'when you meet a master swordsman, show him your sword.
when you meet a man who is not a poet, do not show him your poem.'

'the thing always happens that you really believe in;
and the belief in a thing makes it happen.'

'where fear is present, wisdom cannot be'

'if you think you can, you can'

if we all put these quotes in to practice maybe we can all get 1st together??

EDIT: jam you cheeky ***** USE MY ACCOUNT WILL YOU? <3

craiigg

Smash Lord
TRIPLE POST B1TCHAZZ

Infract Meeeeee Charlessssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

INFFFFFFFRAAAAAAAAACTIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!

btw, ****ing loving ryan's input in this thread

Top Bottom