• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SDB NW Presents: SHS1, Bolton, 18th July.

Almas

Smash Lord
I think this will probably be my first proper tournament! I eagerly anticipate wiping in pools ^.^.

COEY

Smash Lord
thanks for offer charlie i will let you know if i need some help.

almas- hope you do come, and don't worry you will do fine, that peach of yours was pretty nasty from how i remember it.

also jo3 has told me his vote is for BF whilst zeppo and box are both FoD men.

FoD: Me, Captain Zeppo, Box
BF: Aiko, Prof, Jo3

But that is only 6 votes and im hoping for at least 5 times that number, so keep sending those votes in ;)

COEY

Smash Lord
FoD or BF, the thing about having 5 stages with 4 bans is that you can force the first stage, also you can remove both small stages if you wish it so.

ac_anon

Smash Ace
green greens was a joke of course, i wouldnt have added it even if everyone had wanted it.

i was thinking of having 5 randoms, on the system that each player has 2 bans each, a banned stage for the entire set and one just for the first game (kind of a combination of stage striking and normal stage banning). I'm in favour of this myself as imo yoshis story and to a lesser extent fountain of dreams are both very good stages with most of the problems arising when playing characters some of the floatier characters. The 2 bans however allow you to make sure that neither come up first.

as for counterpick stages the list atm is looking like this but will probably be shortened at some point.

DK64
BF
Mute
Pokefloats (for Ryan)
Rainbow Ride (possibly just for teams instead of floats)
Corneria
Brinstar

So any thoughts?
whats wrong with pokefloats for teams? I remember playing there at...AR 2 I think.

also i vote FoD, battlefield is horrible.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
neither of you will beat charles, ill put money on it
deep.

lol

if they dont practice yeah , TBH they should be practicing the most you guys are foxes O.o

but fuzzyness is not that amazing :p
so i wont be ****

ahh Fuzzyness just called out everynon -Londoner cmon prove him wrong

VA

Smash Hero
Z > Frostbyte, Chrisboi and Edwin

Z goes close with prof.

London is what you see and you're judging from recent performance, fair enough I suppose but you should learn to give some credit where credit is due.

COEY

Smash Lord
Is 11th july ok then?, that seems the best date as darko will be able to attend as he goes back to france on the 14th.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
I think the departure from contemporary fulfilling schemes has left him unfulfilled and wantom of a more fulfilling attitude. In his woe he feels unfulfilled and fills himself with fillings. Hes pretty full and needs a role model to fill the hole in his heart. In his time of need he looks to the darkest of places, as we all know light shines in the darkest of places... like so.

:confused:

VA

Smash Hero
youtube is disabled on firefox at my uni so I failed at getting rick roll'd :/

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
i say if london players all dont flake it'll be london top 5!
Tbh I agree.

Z ,

does he ?

i dont care who places top 5.

i just want someone to make sure fuzzy dont win
lool Well it will happen in due time.

JO3 went get top 5 (if there's good attendance) I'd put my life on it.
Yeah I agree lol. I would put everyones life I know on it.

Z > Frostbyte, Chrisboi and Edwin

Z goes close with prof.

London is what you see and you're judging from recent performance, fair enough I suppose but you should learn to give some credit where credit is due.
I don't think Z is better then them and that's my honest opinion but I guess for it to be certain we will have to see everyone play against each other.

VA

Smash Hero
Well all I know is that Z has beaten all of them more than they beat him. And I know Z *****.

monty06

Smash Ace
date doesnt bother me i can make it anyway no probs with getting time off work.

and i vote for VOD all the way

COEY

Smash Lord
Teams definitely, sorry i havent been able to be on much lately, dont move into place till 1st of July. I've got a place to move into now, and it should have loads of room in regards of housing. Also now i can start looking for a venue and confirming things.

COEY

Smash Lord
It's either gonna be the 11th or 18th, sorry for the delay i've been busy lately sorting out moving house, but i have spoken to a couple of venues i am waiting for them to get back to me.

Almas

Smash Lord
It's dodgy for me either way, but if anything I'd be able to make the 18th myself. If that matters =).

grayfox

Smash Champion
Eithers fine for me too, if I find the money to come.

If for whatever reason you get the urge to hold it on Thursday the 9th though, fight that urge.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
sorry to say guys but this is sort of taking the piss cause we couldve had a southampton one sorted by now np with no venue fee :/

you guys are taking stupidly long and it's going to end up clashing with other things by the looks of it >_<

Top Bottom