• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SD Remix - 3.3 Full with Slippi Rollback Released!

Stevo

Smash Champion
http://www.mediafire.com/?v6wo7d64k7dj2af

For DVD users:
Go to HxD, go to end of file, remove last four 00's. Save. Put onto ISO image, test on Dolphin. Burn. Enjoy vanilla Peach.
Thanks, I'll have to try replacing it again, as it is still freezing when I select Peach.

also, just want to say that Demo 2 is pretty good actually. Most of what annoyed me about Demo 1 was reverted or changed.
Once you get used to the changes, most of the low tiers play much more fluidly.

I will be testing more this weekend with some people, including melee low tier players, so we'll see what they think.

Yoshi being able to jump out of shield is a mistake though. I don't think there is any need to test that, we all know it is broken lol. I also am not sure Ness should have a shine, but again, I'll test more before I make any specific comments.

Have you guys considered making the innitial hitbox of Samus' down-b larger? Like, just right as Samus uses the down-b, make the hitbox bigger so there is more chance of it exploding. As it stands, Samus has to be almost inside them for the bomb to hit.
This would allow you to do a sort of "waveshine" on shields, or even something cool like bomb into waveland on a platform during a combo or whatever.... would be neat to test it.

Also, Pichu doesn't damange itself when using the projectile. Not sure if this is intended or not, but it doesn't follow the electric = damage self.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
Yoshi being able to jump out of shield is a mistake though. I don't think there is any need to test that, we all know it is broken lol. I also am not sure Ness should have a shine, but again, I'll test more before I make any specific comments.
The OoS is broken not because of the jump, but rather because of a glitch that does not make Yoshi suffer shieldstun.

Also, Pichu doesn't damange itself when using the projectile. Not sure if this is intended or not, but it doesn't follow the electric = damage self.
Nope. Only the Thunder does, and even then only of it touches Pichu.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
@Yoshi: it was definitely a mistake to include it (as in, it's an honest accident), but we are curious enough to let it develop should players wish to explore this oft-mentioned "what if" scenario.

@Pichu: It's definitely intentional that grab pummel, throws, and Thunder Jolt do not induce self-damage.

@Samus: That's an interesting idea. We'll see.

@All people having Peach troubles. It's definitely my fault and mine alone for accidentally including an archive file of Peach into the official packages. That said, if Peach ran perfectly for you, then disregard. If Peach causes freezes for you, then the Peach patch file on the front page (USB/SD users only; or follow the steps roughly outlined here for DVD back-ups/Dolphin) should work without fault.

This issue should be rectified entirely before further demos or even a tentative final release; we've been communicating with not.nmm, who will make a program that should make the ISO preparation process much easier for everybody.

Stevo

Smash Champion
The OoS is broken not because of the jump, but rather because of a glitch that does not make Yoshi suffer shieldstun.
First, I realize why it is broken.
Second, I don't think it is a glitch. It was most likely included in melee because of how Yoshi's shield works, aka can't shield stab it. I am guessing the developers were worried that getting yoshi in a corner with a rapid jab or fire flower or something like that would result in a shield break everytime. This is only an issue for Yoshi and his egg shield.

When I play Yoshi in this, I find myself waiting in my shield before jumping as if there was shield stun, because I am so used to it being there with other characters when I go to do something out of shield lol.

Obskore

Smash Ace
After i installed the cIOS249[56]-d2x-v8-final.wad and cIOS249[57]-d2x-v8-final.wad WITH THE IOS236, i'm not capable of using the USB port in order to install the
[USB] DIOSMIOS_2.2.wad with the cIOS249, help!

[EDIT ]: i made it, i retried with the slot 2.0 and installed the cIOS, and the game loads after the blackout, BUT...The patches don't load, what am i doing wrong?

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Ok, I managed to fix my ISO so now Peach works.

PM me again if you want the Demo 2.0 ISO with Peach working

enCouRaging Bear

Smash Journeyman
what is the frame data for ness' shine? the actual hitbox seems to come out later and he seems to be able to get out of it later than falcos or foxes but i was wondering if you guys knew. trying to theorize ness' shine oos lol

_Liquid_

Smash Cadet
Hey I started playing SD Remix two days ago now and love it, great job developers! I've noticed a few bugs though that I haven't seen mentioned in this thread that I'd like to report.

I've noticed a number of character's animations with items are strange. Throwing items and using jabs tilts and smashes with items like the beam sword, the animations seem glitchy or slow. The biggest offender of this I've found is Zelda, if she smash throws any item in the opposite direction she's facing the game will crash. Is anyone else experiencing this glitch? I'm using DIOS MIOS for clarification.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
we haven't tested SD remix with items. thank you for your feedback though.

Stevo

Smash Champion
my local smash group had so much fun with this yeaterday.
Ness with shine so good lol.

Ness dittos, the 2014 metagame.
I love Kirby and Pichu too.

anyway, we have no yoshi player so we couldn't test that unfortunately (or maybe fortunately?)
mewtwo still seems to have disadvantage on side-b, is this intentional?

all in all, most of the characters feel like themselves, just better.

Limeee

Smash Champion
my local smash group had so much fun with this yeaterday.
Ness with shine so good lol.

Ness dittos, the 2014 metagame.
I love Kirby and Pichu too.

anyway, we have no yoshi player so we couldn't test that unfortunately (or maybe fortunately?)
mewtwo still seems to have disadvantage on side-b, is this intentional?

all in all, most of the characters feel like themselves, just better.
ness is SO BROKEN

shine shine shine fsmash combo whaaaaaat

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I'm concerned as to what % shine -> Fsmash would even be possible.

Hey I started playing SD Remix two days ago now and love it, great job developers! I've noticed a few bugs though that I haven't seen mentioned in this thread that I'd like to report.

I've noticed a number of character's animations with items are strange. Throwing items and using jabs tilts and smashes with items like the beam sword, the animations seem glitchy or slow. The biggest offender of this I've found is Zelda, if she smash throws any item in the opposite direction she's facing the game will crash. Is anyone else experiencing this glitch? I'm using DIOS MIOS for clarification.
As for the item issues, we'll be looking into it shortly. Especially the Zelda one, since it induces a game crash. It'd be much appreciated if you could list which characters and with what item throw (direction only is fine; item throw strength would be nice though) is slowed down or causes a crash.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Admittedly I wish we also had greater detail but I understand that's probably too much for the SDR team to worry about at this stage of development. It's just unfortunate I don't have a better reference for feedback than saying "Maybe this should have high BKB and lower KBG" or vice versa instead of being able to provide more accurate depictions of what I want to get across. Something that SDR team CAN respond to that would help is letting us know if they're considering suggestions that are well reasoned even if the person is lacking qualifications. Design changes especially. Although most of the changes have left me satisfied, there are a few I think I could point out and say "Hey, this does indeed make the character more balanced, but it also makes them more centered around what the character can do now and less around the players developing the character. Balance is no longer the issue here. There now a slight issue in design that might be fixed this way, without violating the increased character balance you guys have achieved." Granted these are only small differences, but I would be lying if I said that I didn't believe that depth of available character development contributed to melee's longevity.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
We are always receptive to feedback even if it does not appear to be the case. Just know that radical changes are more unlikely to happen, but anything is possible.

Also, I've updated the changelists on Smashmods from Demo 1 to 2. Threads that still say Demo 1 simply indicate that character has not changed from Demo 1 to Demo 2. Check out the first post for more details.

Also I've begun to isolate the problems with Zelda freezing when doing an aerial item toss forward and when using the Home-Run Bat's Smash Attack. Hopefully I'll be able to get a fix out that does not alter Zelda.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Hmm we downloaded and burned demo 2 to a blank ssbm iso. Any idea why certain characters are behaving like their 1.0 selves rather than their 2.0 selves? Most of our characters seem to follow the changelist, but then we have samus's upB doesn't get rid of her charge shot, yoshi can't jump out of shield, and a few other things I don't remember.

Great job so far, I've had a lot more fun with SDR than with Project M.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Hmm we downloaded and burned demo 2 to a blank ssbm iso. Any idea why certain characters are behaving like their 1.0 selves rather than their 2.0 selves? Most of our characters seem to follow the changelist, but then we have samus's upB doesn't get rid of her charge shot, yoshi can't jump out of shield, and a few other things I don't remember.

Great job so far, I've had a lot more fun with SDR than with Project M.
PM me and I'll send you an ISO that works

with rainbow shine effect

E:

Rainbow shine must become mandatory for SDR

Please

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Green greens is now the same thing basically... that's probs why.

Also can't get peach to work for me with that Plpe.dat from the first post. Still freezes once stage is selected when she is chosen.
Also I had five freezes in a row when landing with fox's uair (actually the frame before landing) which doesn't seem like a coincidence.

I also get metric ****-tons of random in-game freezes, as well as freezes or even total shutdowns just before the disk drive revs up from DIOS MIOS. I often have to reset the Wii five times or more in order to get anything playing. not a problem with the game i'm sure, it does this for pretty much any gamecube game. Anyone know why? And perhaps a way to fix it? If it helps, gamecube games occasionally froze before I ever modded it, but it was much more rare and modding it may have magnified the problem. I'm curious if there isn't a way to "rejuvinate" a wii so to speak, not one that would remove any modifications but could find and fix errors.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mewtwo looks so damn sexy in this. And so does DK. Which means: I can FINALLY use my favorite Melee characters again! Great job peeps! Am looking out for news about this. Roy, Bowser and Pichu also look awesome btw.

smashbastid

Smash Rookie
i thought they didnt wanna nerf peeps yet all i see on the change list from demo 1 to 2 is nerfs yet they havent touched spacies or any other top tiers... wtf. some small nerfs to the top tiers would reduce the number of changes needed to be made to the low tiers

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
i thought they didnt wanna nerf peeps yet all i see on the change list from demo 1 to 2 is nerfs yet they havent touched spacies or any other top tiers... wtf. some small nerfs to the top tiers would reduce the number of changes needed to be made to the low tiers
And then people would start complaining, ultimately causing a chain reaction of hate and making people think of the mod as something 'not-so-serious'.

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
If it makes you feel any better, changes from Demo 1->2 are largely retractions because playtesting revealed that some things were a bit stronger than anticipated. The changes are mostly(?) still buffs to the weaker characters, relative to vanilla SSBM ("nerfs" relative to Demo 1).

darkatma

Smash Hero
In my opinion, nerfing the top tiers would detract from the feel of the game. Buffing the lower tiers provides more rewarding gameplay, because when you beat the top tiers with them, you know it's not because the characters are worse. What I'm trying to get at is, the game shouldn't detract from what people have worked hard to achieve, but rather bolster the work people have been putting into the lower half of the cast.

RAZE

Smash Rookie
If it makes you feel any better, changes from Demo 1->2 are largely retractions because playtesting revealed that some things were a bit stronger than anticipated. The changes are mostly(?) still buffs to the weaker characters, relative to vanilla SSBM ("nerfs" relative to Demo 1).

there are still plenty of moves that have been ACTUALLY nerfed from melee, only on low tier characters.

In my opinion, nerfing the top tiers would detract from the feel of the game. Buffing the lower tiers provides more rewarding gameplay, because when you beat the top tiers with them, you know it's not because the characters are worse. What I'm trying to get at is, the game shouldn't detract from what people have worked hard to achieve, but rather bolster the work people have been putting into the lower half of the cast.
the only "detraction" that nerfing top tier characters would cause is that now ANYONE can win. i thought that was the overall mission of this project. maybe im wrong.

many low tier players have worked extremely hard, in most cases MUCH HARDER than, lets say, a fox player, and have never even made it out of groups of a tournament. buffing weak characters isnt the ONLY right solution. its hardly a solution at all.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
there are still plenty of moves that have been ACTUALLY nerfed from melee, only on low tier characters.
no, there aren't.

the only "detraction" that nerfing top tier characters would cause is that now ANYONE can win. i thought that was the overall mission of this project. maybe im wrong.

many low tier players have worked extremely hard, in most cases MUCH HARDER than, lets say, a fox player, and have never even made it out of groups of a tournament. buffing weak characters isnt the ONLY right solution. its hardly a solution at all.
the project goal was not to let just anyone win. it was to make low tiers' moveset more rewarding and better. In no way did we want to directly nerf high tiers except sheiks CG.

RAZE

Smash Rookie
no, there aren't.
Ness's pk flash is about 1/10 as good as it was in vMelee. Just bc u dont know how to use it doesnt mean it needs to go and get changed. It now serves the same purpose as pk thunder and isnt rewarding at all.

Game and watch's nair is worse than vMelee it seems, and with the stupid changes to f-air he is lacking an aerial KO move.

Why only sheiks CG and not ALL CGs, or at least all the top tier characters?

Top Bottom