• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SD Remix - 3.3 Full with Slippi Rollback Released!

VietGeek

Smash Hero
What brand is your SD card per se?

Also have you considered getting a local Smasher from nearby to help you mod your Wii?

or you can be like standardtoaster and send it to me via mail LOL

but that's kinda expensive for shipping back and forth alone.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
it's a PNY 2GB SD
I don't have any local smashers with that experience, at least, none readily available. Might ask for some help next time I drive an hour+ for a tourney though.
I'd send it to you via mail but then i'd be bored for a week plus while that happened, and also yeah I'm pretty broke lol

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'm almost 100% sure that PNY SD cards don't work for anything on the wii.

Someone had a problem with an SD card earlier in the thread and it was the exact same type.

Tl;dr. Buy a sandisk

:phone:

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I wouldn't say PNY cards don't work at all, but their compatibility with the Wii is questionable at best.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I've been using this for project:M for ages though...
What's the dfference between how project:m runs and how the hackmii installer runs? Is there a major one that might make a PNY card the issue?

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
If you're having a problem donwloading the Homebrew channel using the letterbomb method, I'm almost positive that the problem is either your Wii or your SD Card. I'd say SD card because I have a pretty old Wii and using the Letterbomb method was easy as hell. I'm using you're using this link (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Channel) right?

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I've tried letterbomb same thing happened.

EDIT: Whelp that was a ****ing waste of 12 dollars. Yes, a 2GB Sandisk SD card, that out-dated slice of plastic and silicone, surpassed at least 8 fold by better commercial SD cards, costs 12 dollars. And it didn't work, absolutely no change in results. Not for Smash Stack at least. About to try letterbomb again but on this new card. Highly doubt anything will come of it.

I placed the boot.elf straight onto the SD card. I then placed the private folder straight onto the SD card. I open the directory, and see a file named boot.elf and a folder named private. This is correct, yes?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Good work on this, vietgeek, ripple, toaster, and others. I still can't play since I've not figured out how to rip GameCube games yet (Something about needing "Dios Mios" and my harddrive formatted to FAT32 or something?), but you always have my support for the project with my useless money.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
Good work on this, vietgeek, ripple, toaster, and others. I still can't play since I've not figured out how to rip GameCube games yet (Something about needing "Dios Mios" and my harddrive formatted to FAT32 or something?), but you always have my support for the project with my useless money.
Try DMToolbox. Crediar released v3 a while ago.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Tbh, I don't really know where everyone is stumbling on. The directions on smashmods are pretty straightforward and the only part I had trouble with was extracting the Melee.iso.

JacopeX

Smash Apprentice
I wish I knew about that before. XD

Also, i'm still having issues with the hotfix. I replaced the Pie.dat file and it's not working still. Whenever I go to training mode, choosing peach causes the game to freeze again. -_-

I am using an ISO, Diosmios, etc. to run SDR.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
I wish I knew about that before. XD

Also, i'm still having issues with the hotfix. I replaced the Pie.dat file and it's not working still. Whenever I go to training mode, choosing peach causes the game to freeze again. -_-

I am using an ISO, Diosmios, etc. to run SDR.
Don't you mean Plpe.dat? With a lowercase "L"?

JacopeX

Smash Apprentice
Don't you mean Plpe.dat? With a lowercase "L"?
Yes.

I downloaded the hotfix in the front page, turns out to just be a DAT file. I take the dat file and replaced the current DAT file with the same name in the correct folder. I test it out, still an issue.

What can be wrong?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Omg, geek why didn't you just put the fix in the demo 2 itself?

:phone:

VietGeek

Smash Hero
That's not related to the .ISO at all. It's a system file hack for the Wii that was used to allow DML to run.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
her f-smah was stronger at low % in demo 1.

and no, her shin is still intangible

VietGeek

Smash Hero
i searched on google for "letterbomb exception 0700" and apparently someone had the exact dilemma as you without a solution to their troubles on gbatemp...

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I had one of those too. Nintendo offered some thing where we could send it in and they'd send us a new one that could read dual layer disks. It's the one I'm using now.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
So uhh... while the forums were down, I managed to fix my wii somehow so it would install homebrew... and by fix I mean accidentally pull it off by a gamecube controller and watch it fall a couple feet to the hard floor.

No idea how it worked, but I dropped my wii, thought "That would be funny if it starting working properly because of that", then turned it on (SD card was already in so I didn't change anything on there to make it work) and tried the letterbomb method and it started the installer successfully. Made me very happy after trying fruitlessly for three days.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Because if we left it like that, whenever Samus got hit just after shooting, but before assuming neutral stance, both in the ground and in the air, she would keep the charge, essentially giving her two Charge Shots for the price of a hit.
Are you sure this is the case? I haven't tested it on SDR but using the replacement I wrote in the DOL mod topic (which I'm positive is the same modification used in SDR) does not let Samus keep her charge shot after it's been fired.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Normally the charge shot is reset the moment you enter the discharge animation, meaning you could stuff the shot before it comes out. With the modification however, the charge shot is reset after you successfully shoot AND the charge is kept even if you were hit while charging, which was not our intention with the original modification (which was to simply remove losing the charge if hit out of Up-B).

Theftz22

Smash Lord
So uhh... while the forums were down, I managed to fix my wii somehow so it would install homebrew... and by fix I mean accidentally pull it off by a gamecube controller and watch it fall a couple feet to the hard floor.

No idea how it worked, but I dropped my wii, thought "That would be funny if it starting working properly because of that", then turned it on (SD card was already in so I didn't change anything on there to make it work) and tried the letterbomb method and it started the installer successfully. Made me very happy after trying fruitlessly for three days.
That's funny, I once dropped my wii off a couple feet onto a hard floor also, and I also have successfully installed homebrew. Therefore dropping your wii must be a legitimate way of installing homebrew.

Top Bottom