• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SD Remix - 3.3 Full with Slippi Rollback Released!

VietGeek

Smash Hero
it more or less hit and run with DML and sd card compatibility. it never hurts to try it yourself i suppose.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
sandisk will work because that's what I use, but remember that has to be 2GB

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I thought it was a general rule for the wii that it had to be 2GB

VietGeek

Smash Hero
not anymore since the 4.3 update and homebrew logic libraries have devised their own fixes even before then.

brawl and related hacks are just affected because brawl is "old"

MVP

Smash Ace
K guys, i used my sandisk SD card and it seems to work :) hopefully no problems will occur.

Now to the next hurdle......

If i want melee hacks (textures etc.) i know i have to redo the GALE01 folder. But my question is:

Do i have to reinstall dimos and everything else? or can i just simply replace the one folder in SD:/games and everything will be ok?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
you have to pad the texture files to match the file size of the ones used in dios-mios exactly or else they'll freeze. use a hex editor like HxD and go to the end of the file and pad out the original file with 00's to match the amount the "DML'd" one has.

but you don't need to reinstall dml at all. ever. in regards to this hack.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
So uh....................when is it coming out? Today? tommorow maybe? the wait is killing me.

On another note, how is it that you guys got it to work with dios mios and all that crap, i tried with the USB but nothing worked although i haven't tried it with the SD card method, which one is better anyways?

MVP

Smash Ace
So uh....................when is it coming out? Today? tommorow maybe? the wait is killing me.

On another note, how is it that you guys got it to work with dios mios and all that crap, i tried with the USB but nothing worked although i haven't tried it with the SD card method, which one is better anyways?
Agreed, what's the word on demo 2? the thread title tells something............

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I have demo 2 right now. but I'm making sure everything is fine and nothing is broken

VietGeek

Smash Hero
DEMO v2.0
DOWNLOAD LINKS
SD/USB: http://www.mediafire.com/?p61zb5agjfd4vcs
DVD/Dolphin: http://www.mediafire.com/?eko71rekexics7r

For SD/USB users, you literally just drag the "root" and "sys" folders over the old ones of your SDR copy and you're set. Disc users know the drill.

Changelist will be up soon.

Also for those with problems with Peach freezing from Demo 1 on USB/SD, a hotfix has been released:

http://www.mediafire.com/?v6wo7d64k7dj2af

Put this file into (sd/usb):\games\GALE01\root and you're good to throw turnips again.

If you're having this problem on disc, PM me personally.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
just a heads up for everyone, most characters have been nerfed.

sorry but some low tiers were OP

VietGeek

Smash Hero
in regards to the changelist, some other day.

A lot of changes are fairly notable though.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Most characters are either slower and/or had some form of attack weakened.

except luigi, he's now broken

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Are there any methods to installing this that:
require only things that i'll probably have like USB/SD cards
are relatively easy
and don't require disabling my disc drive?

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Are there any methods to installing this that:
require only things that i'll probably have like USB/SD cards
are relatively easy
and don't require disabling my disc drive?
I found it pretty easy to set this up using DiosMios to load all my games off my external hard drive.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Is there a comprehensive text guide or a video guide for installing DiosMios to a vanilla wii somewhere? I'd rather know exactly what I'm doing before I do it so I don't **** it up.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Most characters are either slower and/or had some form of attack weakened.

except luigi, he's now broken
you shouldn't casually throw the word 'broken' around like that since you're the co-developer. <___<;

is the ISO.hdr no longer needed?
It was never needed per se, so we opted to remove it.

Is there a comprehensive text guide or a video guide for installing DiosMios to a vanilla wii somewhere? I'd rather know exactly what I'm doing before I do it so I don't **** it up.
Just youtube a guide to installing the Homebrew Channel then read the DML guide on the first page and you should be set.

Led-Zeppelin

Smash Apprentice
So what happens if i used the melee sd remix demo 1 ISO.hrd? would if have any effect on the demo 2 files?

MVP

Smash Ace
i'll get this when i get home, but are there any easter eggs/ surprises?

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
I don't think so, they can't do all of the stuff PMBM since hacking melee is still pretty unknown, and since this basically the ONLY thing new for melee hacking, yeah well.....

Unless IE and Magus and all of the other started concentrating solely on melee, then there would be results, thing is Brawl, it's easy to hack compared to melee, and it has alot more people, and they can use it with a Wii, which is even easier, compared to a GC, and the majority of people who play melee use the cube, not the wii. So yeah.....

I wish this place was like 2010 where there was all kinds of things coming out, the texture hack thread always had new textures, and the song thread, oh god, ****ing FBI, having to close down megaupload, all of those amazing songs :mad:

MVP

Smash Ace
Just started playing this and holy cow a lot of chars got nerfed. So far i approve though.

HOLY **** ganon plays like falcon! dat speed baby!

Some things i don't like though, but still overall preety nice guys

EDIT: their moves where nerfed but the character was balanced

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
there is an easter egg.

but it makes someone REALLY GOOD.

it was on accident too.

see if you can find it.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
MVP, I think I'm confused.

• Are you unplugging your Wii while its on?
    • If yes, why? Also, what parts are you unplugging?)
    • If not, what do you mean by "it freezes"?
  • Did you format your Wii or your Wii's SD card?

bubbaking, I'm also confused.

I'm confused what you would be using a burned CD for. You can use a SSBM disc with a SD card if you'd like to, but you won't have to.

If you choose, you won't even need to use a disc. (See: [Installation Guide for SD Cards/USB], [STEP 3: Running Melee SD: Remix!], "First, you should see SD Remix as a choice in the loader. Secondly, you can use a Gamecube controller to control this loader's menus if you wish. Press 'B' to go to Options and scroll through until you see a 'No Disc Patch' option. Enable it and please eject any disc you have inside your Wii drive." [in the first post, here]. This will let you play without a disc in the drive. You'll need to do the preceding installation steps first, of course.)
So......I need USB Loader for this? I take it that's what you mean when you say "loader". Sorry for all the uninformed questions... :(

Top Bottom