• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SD Remix - 3.3 Full with Slippi Rollback Released!

VietGeek

Smash Hero
You shouldn't have any issues but any cIOS you've had before will probably be overwritten.

Also, what's up with all this white text? I'm using the Neo Blue layout because I prefer good, old fashioned black text but people who manually make their text white basically have invisible post (too lazy to highlight most of the time) on this layout.

Link_enfant

Smash Apprentice
No one has an idea about how I can use my 32Gb SD card with Dios Mios if I can't format it in FAT ? =(

Link_enfant

Smash Apprentice
Yup I did, but couldn't find anything. It just seems to be impossible, SD cards bigger than 2Gb can't be formated in FAT, it can only be FAT32. If Dios Mios isn't compatible with FAT32 cards (although the Wii is, which is strange), I'm screwed and have to use a 2Gb maximum card which allows me to put only one game on it, and I bought my 32Gb card for nothing =/ I'll try it anyway, maybe it'll work :)
I thought it was okay because I asked vietgeek a few questions about that before getting the 32Gb card, and he didn't warn me about that. Maybe the tutorial is outdated and cards can be used in FAT32 ?

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
I've been trying to msg Vietgeek on Skype but it seems like he's never on. Is there a skype group that I could join to talk to you guys?

Moth101

Smash Rookie
I want to get the flash on L-cancel for this but I don't understand how to get the AR code into the game if I'm loading through SD in dios mios. I have the code from IE but I don't know what to do with it and google searches haven't proved that helpful.

Thanks in advance.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
I want to get the flash on L-cancel for this but I don't understand how to get the AR code into the game if I'm loading through SD in dios mios. I have the code from IE but I don't know what to do with it and google searches haven't proved that helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Novi can help you with that.

MrHazuki

Smash Ace
I played this quite a lot at BEAST3 thanks to Novi bringing it. I am very pleased with what you have done!

Kirbys aerial forward B is a bit too strong in teams. It feels like a melee-version of MK's nado. It shieldspikes, and gimps a lot of characters. I still like that you have improved it!
Yoshi's aerial forward B can be cancelled by going into a wall (without falling to your doom), and I thought that this could be a cool way of walljumping with Yoshi (who even in SD Remix has very limited recovery), if the lag was removed and/or the vertical boost was increased.

Nkguy01

Smash Apprentice
I'm just hearing about this project. Seems pretty cool. Is the goal to improve alot of the lowtiers/balance the game...Maybe even replace melee?

JacopeX

Smash Apprentice
Replacing Melee would be a dream come true. Keyword: Dream. :)

I'm pretty sure the rational intentions of the team behind this project is balance than just buffing the low tier characters just to make them the best characters for the lolz. At least get this game to have just a few tier levels rather than 8 tier levels like in vanilla Melee and improve aspects of each character. These aspects are based on ten years of meta game and it sure is about time they receive the changes they need. There's nothing else to dissect really. It's clear what each character needs improvement and I trust the team on that.

Lets see which character archetype will prevail.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I, too, wish that there was a "better Melee" in terms of balance but unless there's a way to load this hack in the way Project M is loaded chances of this becoming big are quite minuscule. Despite that, I really love playing with the buffed chars

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I've discreetly released version 2.1. You can download them from the main page as usual.

Changes are mostly bugfixes:

- Zelda's item throws and item use animations no longer freeze the game
- New users should no longer experience Peach causing the game to freeze.
- Milun's Fourside stage has been added. Enjoy "Smashville?!"

JacopeX

Smash Apprentice
Goddamnit, right when the SDR tournament at my college is a week away. XD

And yay! More legal stages! :D

VietGeek

Smash Hero
You'll need a device like a Dazzle and some signal splitters to have the image show up on both the dazzle+PC and the TV (and/or the projector; you'd need to split three-way if it was TV+capture+projector though).

Although this isn't quite the place to ask. There's a thread in general discussion where users may be better informed of your options.

Stevo

Smash Champion
so far with 2.1

Peach still crashes my game (lol)
Zelda's neutral air makes a large magic animation when landing during the attack.
the fourside stage is going to get some getting used to lol. Maybe it's the camera, I don't know.

Link_enfant

Smash Apprentice
Everything's fine for me in Demo 2.1, Peach doesn't crash the game but it did in 2.0 even when I replaced the file. I really wonder what can cause that to happen to some people and not others ?
I'm using an 1.0 iso I dumped myself from my retail disc and where I added custom stuff (mostly textures).
I guess Zelda's large animation on a landing nair is intentional ? It looks cool and normal imo.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
it is impossible for neither peach file not to work unless you originally downloaded a PAL iso.

this is because 1.1 and 1.2 have the same file for peach and there shouldn't be a third option for NTSC.

Stevo

Smash Champion
my version is 1.0 as far as I know. I guess I can double check again.

I tried the hotfix with Demo 2.0 and it didn't work either, but I'll try it again. I even used an ISO from Novi and Peach would still crash my game (even though it didn't for him) which of course has nothing to do with what version of melee I have downloaded.

very strange.

and the Zelda thing is very distracting and annoying for me lol

VietGeek

Smash Hero
The Zelda "thing" was also in Demo 1.0. Until someone can get filesystem rebuilding up and about so that we can actually use unused blank space instead of creatively overwriting stuff, you'll have to put up with it in the mean time, since the alternate space I used in demo 2.0 glitched a ton of item animations.

Also I recommend you recreate the extracted disc image from an unmodified ISO then apply Demo 2.1 (assuming you're using USB/SD). That should be the end of your troubles.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
ETA for demo 3 is pretty much never.

no one has worked on this since demo 2 and we can do much more unless Magus helps us out again. plus 2.1 seems to be extremely balanced right now.

that and I've started work on melee minus

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I wouldn't say never but it is quite unlikely. Aside from technical limitations, which we don't see improving in the near future unless Magus or InternetExplorer suddenly take considerably more interest in this game (unlikely considering PM is still not finished), there is also a lack of players and footage for SD Remix.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Tried to set-up my wii to play both from retail and USB via installing the two wads as mentioned earlier in the thread but it didn't work, and now I can't seem to get it to load just from USB, even after after going through the trouble shooting process. My disk drive also doesn't spin up when I turn on the wii. Anyone know what the issue is?

EDIT: Nvm, just kidding, disregard this. Had a blonde moment. Got it working.

Link_enfant

Smash Apprentice
We've played 2.1 for a few hours with a friend and it's really awesome. I can't wait for the next release, but still, the game seems to already be way more balanced :) Good job !

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Well, SD Remix is still polished enough to be played extensively to develop a "metagame" for it, so people can just do that. Just because there's no ETA for a new demo doesn't mean we're dropping support for this project.

In fact, not.nmn has created something for SDR that should help many people have access to this game.

Top Bottom