• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SD Remix - 3.3 Full with Slippi Rollback Released!

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Tomorrow i will bring SD Remix to a tournament, i can convince the TO to put SD remix instead of normal melee, expect some footage :p

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Do you guys plan on disclosing DK's hitbox removal (or shrinkage) and Samus' new usmash animation (maybe an FSM trick)? I understand having a closed project to avoid criticism, however, sharing tech can only be beneficial to everybody.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Samus' new usmash animation (maybe an FSM trick)? I understand having a closed project to avoid criticism, however, sharing tech can only be beneficial to everybody.
Ask phish-it. He planned to make a guide but he seems busy most of the time so no idea if he'll ever get around to finishing it.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I'd rather not explain why, but I can't currently get a smashmods account, but I'd really like to see Zelda's change list. Is that possible? It's okay if not.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Even if you could, you'd need back room status for SDR because there aren't any public forums for it. Otherwise I would have something to view lol.
I don't think they are just handing out backroom status either

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
not to worry guys. The beta is done! change log videos coming soon. I'll have zelda's be 2nd.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Sweet. Now all I gotta do is learn how to hack my wii and I'll be set.
Any simple, dumby-friendly guides for hacking that is enough to run Melee SD?

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
not to worry guys. The beta is done! change log videos coming soon. I'll have zelda's be 2nd.
Oh yes thank you!

...Who's first then?

Edit: I also spread the word to the zelda boards. That's the first place that came to mind.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Sweet. Now all I gotta do is learn how to hack my wii and I'll be set.
Any simple, dumby-friendly guides for hacking that is enough to run Melee SD?
Check the first post. That's as clear-cut as I can make it. Hopefully someone will step up to the plate and make a video guide of the processes.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Is there a DIOS MIOS and then also a DIOS MIOS LIGHT? What's the difference?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
DIOS-MIOS: for USB devices
DIOS-MIOS-Lite: for SD cards

It's rather silly to be honest. But it can't be helped.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Oh yes thank you!

...Who's first then?

Edit: I also spread the word to the zelda boards. That's the first place that came to mind.
no official order but Link was going to be first.

requests will be honored for a short time.

Naughty Pixel

Smash Apprentice
So, I've already got the dios mios stuff on my wii (**** you disk drive) but do I have to go into GC Tool and replace every file in the ISOs root with the stuff in the root folder of the .rar you provided?

Also I have a copy of melee already on the USB in a folder called GALE01, is there any way to have my regular melee and SD: Remix on my queue. Does the name of that folder even matter?!

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Urgh, why can't I get this to work.

Dios Mios Lite just green screens for me after the Gamecube/DML logo.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
How long is forever
and what fraction of your life is that
do the math
and then realize what an insignificant portion of it you'll be using up
hardly time at all, by any real comparison

V-K

Smash Ace
I think that's a really cool idea but why is there no changelist? Don't you guys know what changes you made or don't you simply want to tell anyone? lol

VietGeek

Smash Hero
But its gonna take forever :'(
It takes 15 minutes and 10 of those is putting the ISO to your SD card/USB lol.

The guide has a lot of words so people don't get lost, not so that people get overwhelmed. I tried my best not to needlessly "fluff" up any of the directions.

I think that's a really cool idea but why is there no changelist? Don't you guys know what changes you made or don't you simply want to tell anyone? lol
I know every change made. But the changelist is largely technical so instead of "why no changelist," you'd instead ask "how do I read this?" It's a lose-lose situation for the SDR Team, so we're just gonna make a video series of the changes instead.

Urgh, why can't I get this to work.

Dios Mios Lite just green screens for me after the Gamecube/DML logo.
My only guess is the ISO got corrupted as it transferred to the SD card. Either that or a storage format error, which I doubt since usually the game will just load slowly instead of outright crashing.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
I just wanted to say thank you to the devs, THANK YOU for finally making a top tier material Link, just pure awesomeness, I hope there can be some tournaments soon cause I definitely wanna test out Link in one

V-K

Smash Ace
I know every change made. But the changelist is largely technical so instead of "why no changelist," you'd instead ask "how do I read this?" It's a lose-lose situation for the SDR Team, so we're just gonna make a video series of the changes instead.
But in the end people wanna read every change immediately and not watch several videos before they can understand it.

And yeah you would not necessarily have to go completely in detail for every tweak, just say for example something like "Link's animation right before jumping is now shorter."

Well, but it's your project I guess.

MVP

Smash Ace
Help plz. where is the C:\ drive? it's step one of the sd installation

"Now the dml folder should be copied to your C:\ drive. You'll see why in a moment."

MVP

Smash Ace
FYI i'm using a mac so the step with the codes needs help to plz?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
These steps were not for the Mac. I have never used the Macintosh operation system so I cannot provide assistance.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Help plz. where is the C:\ drive? it's step one of the sd installation

"Now the dml folder should be copied to your C:\ drive. You'll see why in a moment."
:facepalm:

it's your local disk. click on start, go to computer.

local disk is C: , another should be D:. and your SD card is most likely E:

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Maaaaaaaaan i dont even understand how to get homebrew on my wii.
And the gc loader thing confuses the **** out of me.

Top Bottom