• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SD Remix - 3.3 Full with Slippi Rollback Released!

MVP

Smash Ace
Are you guys (melee sd remix backroom team) gunna modify more levels besides green greens? Cause that would be absolutely awesome

MVP

Smash Ace
sorry should have clarified,
stages other than the ones that are already good for playing.

although i didn't know about youshi's story 64
Thanks Shadic :)

EDIT: cause i'd like it if like 90 of the stages were usable (which i know won't happen)

EDIT: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^90%

Theftz22

Smash Lord
Wait, they fixed YS 64? Can you guys post up the dol mods for that for those of us who want to put it into a hacked copy of regular melee?

WIDL

We Are Born
This is great, but I don't have a save file for the ntsc version, I have heard you can store a save file on the sdcard - how to?

Not asking where to find save files.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
IIRC, the SD card save file imitator doesn't work with Melee (at least the last I checked it didn't), so you'll still need a NTSC-U save file.

If you scroll up to where I posted the "Unlock everything" code, you can simply use that and when the game creates a save file, the save file will have everything unlocked.

Alternatively, you can use the code to have a tournament ready set-up without a need for a memory card at all.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
IIRC, the SD card save file imitator doesn't work with Melee (at least the last I checked it didn't), so you'll still need a NTSC-U save file.

If you scroll up to where I posted the "Unlock everything" code, you can simply use that and when the game creates a save file, the save file will have everything unlocked.

Alternatively, you can use the code to have a tournament ready set-up without a need for a memory card at all.
Got a PAL version of the code for a friend? :awesome:

VietGeek

Smash Hero
The Green Greens in SD Remix no longer has any blocks hidden inside the stage (which can be clipped by certain moves) or causes freezes in Single Player Mode. Other than that, the stage is the same as the "original" mod.

CorteX

Smash Cadet
Just played this for a bit and oh my god mewtwo and young link are amazing!
I didn't notice any differences with falcon so far tho, just his gentleman, but considering I usually play PAL it's the same for me :)

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
Just played this for a bit and oh my god mewtwo and young link are amazing!
I didn't notice any differences with falcon so far tho, just his gentleman, but considering I usually play PAL it's the same for me :)
Auto-gentleman is huuuge for us in the States. Also his aerial falcon kick has less landing lag and his up-b hugbox is huge now. (I haven't played the demo yet, these two may have changed)

D

Deleted member

Sadly, I cannot get my copy to work.

At first it didn't work, then I re did the formatting and all that other file management stuff for the SD card. It then worked, but then stopped working.

I'm sad

Keeps freezing at Dios Mios load screen.

I think i'll try to cycle through the wad thing like it says in the trouble shooting, but idk if that will work.

Fatal eror: app_main:dst not in MEM1!

Wat?

oksas

oak-sauce
once i do the step with the command prompt and the -x ssbm.gcm, and it does DOL offset and DOL size, but then a window pops up saying GCReEx.exe has stopped working. i'm on windows 7, tried doing this running cmd regularly and by running it as administrator, but to no avail...

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I looked at Zelda's changes, I had a couple ideas for the "tilts" (if you're still accepting ideas)

Ftilt: Make the hitboxes on her arm stay out longer to hit behind her. (but with less range behind) its usefullness is questionable, but the idea just looks right if you watch Ftilt, the sparkles stay on her hand and arm way after the hitbox ends. (It works this way in P:M and I've seen it hit too)

Utilt: It says "less start up" but instead, it should be the same speed but the hitbox should start on frame 8. (AKA, add hitboxes to frames 8-9) So you don't whiff on med-heights at point blank. Unless that is what you did.

These were just ideas I thought of when thinking of things that would make Zelda better.

Also thank you for putting the change lists out! And, HYYYYYYPPPPPPEE!!!!

Kou

Smash Apprentice
Can I make M:SDR iso from the NTSC-'J' iso?

First I tried making it and I replaced MSDR files by myself.
But it didn't work.

Next, I tried obeying post#1's order.
Go to ISO in gc-tool and select: Extract whole ISO. Choose your directory and check the box that says: Also Extract Header, Apploader, DOL, and TOC then click: Extarct.
But at this time, the extraction of whole ISO always freezed.

So I wondered I can't make MSDR iso from NTSC-J.

And, what are these files?
ISO.hdr
main.dol
MnMaAll.usd

Are these essential for M:SD Remix?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Don't worry about the freezing on the extracting. Mine does that too sometimes. Its best to close everything else, begin extracting and come back to it later, don't even move the mouse.

And yes those files are important.

Main.dol is the melee engine. It goes in the "sys" folder. the other 2 go in the other folder I believe

:phone:

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Hello Kou,

ISO.hdr and MnMaAll.usd do not need to be replaced.

main.dol however is necessary, but there is a possibility replacing it causes freezes as our main.dol may be incompatible with NTSC-J image files. We never tried it ourselves.

once i do the step with the command prompt and the -x ssbm.gcm, and it does DOL offset and DOL size, but then a window pops up saying GCReEx.exe has stopped working. i'm on windows 7, tried doing this running cmd regularly and by running it as administrator, but to no avail...
Try it again with nearly no programs running and just find something else to do for 5 or so minutes. If it hangs indefinitely after 5 minutes let us know.

Kou

Smash Apprentice
Hi, VietGeek!

Though I didn't use main.dol and replaced only Pl**.dat and Gr**.dat, but it worked.
And, I tried making it + main.dol, It worked.

What's the effect of main.dol?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
main.dol contains code that affects frame speed of certain moves.

bowser's/Koopa's up-air has a frame speed modifier in the .dol so it will still work and come out frame 22 but when the .dol is replaced it comes out frame 16

Gea

Smash Master
Hmm, tried it out for a bit. Some changes feel really good, others feel pretty awkward and I am meh about a few design choices. For example, Mario's quicker aerials feel really good on him, but I'm meh about the lack of sourspot on his fsmash. In fact, pretty much all the moves that took away sourspots I am meh on. I feel like characters like Mewtwo are now characters less about precision/spacing which kind of makes me sad. Other moves like Ness' new dair feel really strange due to the animation vs lag. A few other moves seem to have strange amounts of knockback for their visuals or what they are. Kirby's dash attack and the third hit of Link's upsmash seem pretty strong. It's kinda tough to qualify these totally since it was just first impressions and not really in matches, but I still think certain things for sure feel like they need "ironing out."

I will say some characters really feel like they flow better (Yink, the Marios) and others feel kind of uhhmm... awkwardly sped up (Zelda). Though past perceptions count for a lot.

I may give better input once I play versus some people. Maybe even record some vids.

Kou

Smash Apprentice
main.dol contains code that affects frame speed of certain moves.

bowser's/Koopa's up-air has a frame speed modifier in the .dol so it will still work and come out frame 22 but when the .dol is replaced it comes out frame 16
I see, thx!!

By the way, don't you guys plan to make another Patched Melee Which don't modify strong characters(Fox,Falco,Falcon,Marth,Peach,Sheik and so on)?

I think, Melee players look forward to playing MSDR but
if their own main character were modified, they don't want to play.
Because we're afraid of influence on Original Melee Playing.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
There aren't being any real character nerfs, what are you talking about Kou lol.
Fox/Falco/Jiggs/etc are pretty much staying the way they are.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
he said modified not nerfed.

Marth, falcon, peach, and sheik are slightly modified. marth, falcon and peach got slight buffs (like you won't be able to tell unless we told you) and sheik got a slight nerf because she is the main reason why some characters can't compete

fox, falco, puff have not been touched

Kou

Smash Apprentice
Hi, DrinkingFood

Yeah, Falco, Fox, Puff aren't modified.

I'm talking about Sheik, Marth, Peach, and CF in particular.(and ICs, Samus, Ganondorf)
They're modified more or less.
They are strong enough character in original melee and many people use them.
So I think they needn't to be modified both stronger and weaker.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Hi, DrinkingFood

Yeah, Falco, Fox, Puff aren't modified.

I'm talking about Sheik, Marth, Peach, and CF in particular.(and ICs, Samus, Ganondorf)
They're modified more or less.
They are strong enough character in original melee and many people use them.
So I think they needn't to be modified both stronger and weaker.
don't worry we were careful about changing high tiers

ICs only got a slight buff, nothing too dramatic.

Samus lives a little longer, charge shot is slightly stronger, and she has slightly better mobility (not speed) in the air.

Ganon really didn't get much either except a higher double jump, longer grab range on up-b, and landing lag reduction on down-b

Kou

Smash Apprentice
don't worry we were careful about changing high tiers

ICs only got a slight buff, nothing too dramatic.

Samus lives a little longer, charge shot is slightly stronger, and she has slightly better mobility (not speed) in the air.

Ganon really didn't get much either except a higher double jump, longer grab range on up-b, and landing lag reduction on down-b

Yeah, I read changelists.

As a certain video game, all changes are very marvelous!!
Modified things are what I was thinking of bad things of Melee.
Players(who love weak characters in original Melee) will be pleased.

but...
From now on, thanks to Dolphin's netplay, players of melee will increase.
And some people can become to attend tournament (but it use original Melee).

At that time, it is difficult for people(who played MSDR) to play original melee when he use up-tier characters in Original Melee in tournaments.
So, I think "Patched (except for frequently used characters in tournament) Melee" is also needed.

I know developers are busy. And I respect and appreciate what you made great hacks.
But when we think of thriving of Melee, the existance of both version is the best.

I can make what I want when I don't replace top-tier's "Pl**.dat".
But I want to know this.
Does "main.dol" have effect on top-tier's moving?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
it affects falcon and that's it. it only changes his side-b recovery

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I agree with several of the Yoshi changes, but I'm wondering why Yoshi's already good aerial mobility and horizontal air speed was increased (tied for #2 in original Melee). They'd help his recovery, but his new Egg Roll already does that. Aside from those couple things, I'm happy with the changes; nice job!

oksas

oak-sauce
repostin this. has anyone else had this problem?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
You may want to redownload the package considering I've never heard of this problem before...maybe the accompanying .dll is corrupt?

Kou

Smash Apprentice
Can you change CPU's type?

In original Melee, V.S mode's CPU type is probably "CPTP_NORMAL in debug mode".
I think "CPTP_COOPERATE" is more clever and stronger than "NORMAL".

So if you can change, I think CPTP_COOPERATE is better.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Melee only has "normal" and "demo". Demo isn't too smart

:phone:

VietGeek

Smash Hero
CPUs have different sub-sets of behaviors in Debug though Ripple. We don't know how to modify default behavior yet though.

Top Bottom