• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SD Remix - 3.3 Full with Slippi Rollback Released!

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
Project:M is Melee with more characters, more stages, more customizability, and more balance, while SD:R is just Melee with more balance.
Project M is not Melee. Project M is modified Brawl. SD:R is modified Melee.

I know what the word means, we're just applying it slightly differently. It doesn't matter if you can hack your own characters and animations and stages in Project M if it can't get further from the Brawl engine and still has a one-frame lag.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
The one frame lag isn't an issue in terms of potential. Because in terms of potential, it can be removed. Just like every anomaly in the physics engine separating it from Melee will. The engine/physics properties and characteristics of the viable/viable-ish characters are largely what make up the quantitative nature of Melee. Which Project:M retains. There's just more options for everyone else, more of everyone else, among other things. More options for development<->more potential. If you mean potential as in "How good it might be", well that depends on the ability and knowledge of the developers, something not strictly quantitative. You can't measure that, and can't say that it has more or less in those terms. That's why I wasn't saying it has "More potential to be good", just "more potential". Neither has more potential to be good (that can be known absolutely or even with fair range of doubt) if you aren't trying to measure the same good either. Project:M isn't Melee since it has new characters, no, but if you define melee by it's cast singularly and no other additional characters than that's a really narrow view of potential, since you're limiting this so called "potential". Potential, not of good or bad, usually implies less developmental limits, not more.

Beautiful Death

Smash Journeyman
So how about that light and heavy shielding in Project M.

HHHHMMMMMMMM???

SD REMIX FOR LIFE.

God. I think I'll be playing tomorrow. I am WAYYYYYY too hyped. There is so much stuff I want to try out with Ness.

JacopeX

Smash Apprentice
SDR is meant for melee players while PM is meant for both melee players and new players.

My friends and I play this game after class in our college recreational room and more people seemed to be more interested in PM than SDR because not many people knew how to ACTUALLY play melee and would usually get bodied for fun. Maybe about 1 or 2 people were interested while the rest (about 10) are loving PM. Maybe PM is the first step to picking up melee/SDR? :\

That is how it feels IMO. I agree that PM is brawl with modded mechanics trying to be as similar to melee as possible, new characters, etc.

And I agree, SDR FOR LIFE!

1. Is it possible to mod the music in this game yet?
2. Can you change the moonwalk properties to each character to be at par with C Falcon moonwalk? Is it possible?

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
SDR is meant for melee players while PM is meant for both melee players and new players.
Agreed. But I play both.

1. Is it possible to mod the music in this game yet?
2. Can you change the moonwalk properties to each character to be at par with C Falcon moonwalk? Is it possible?
1. I asked, like, a million times for a tutorial, ROYALSYRUP :mad:
2. Not that I know about.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
it's possible to change moonwalk properties but it would affect other aspects of basic ground movement probably.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
how would people feel if we made power shielding easier for the whole cast?

it'll let bower and DK PS from the front but will also allow better PSing from marth and sheik

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
This is about the coolest code ever, but it's exclusive to 1.2:

Code:
Mewtwo's down+b forces the opponent to taunt:
00Y9-RH10-U1GJR 
JM44-78PT-WEVTG
The only problem appears to be that you can do it ad infinitum. Sometimes the CPUs I was playing could cancel it with an attack, it was weird. I may start playing Mewtwo if you can get this in the game.

So you're locked in to 1.0 then?

Kix

Smash Journeyman
I burned onto DVD-R using ImgBurn and tried running it with Neo-Gamma backup loader and it doesn't run. Is there something I messed up/need to do differently?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
The only thing that could've gone wrong is the burn or you messed up the ISO replacing the necessary files. *shrug*

Kix

Smash Journeyman
Is Neo-Gamma backup launcher the correct program or is there a specific one I need to use for GC backup launching?

Kix

Smash Journeyman
Alright I got it working.

A few things. I like it so far, but I really want Link's arrow angles reverted. If you want to increase stun and reduce cooldown or whatever, that's fine but I and other Link players use those angles and I really don't like the long-shooting version. We use this when coming back on stage and a few other ways so please revert it. Also, I personally don't care for Bowser's explosive fsmash (the effect).

G&W feels pretty fun and Roy feels like he can actually be good now. Mewtwo feels outrageous kind of, but for all of these points I was only playing the game on my own and not against people.

Lastly, I think it would be good to keep in mind being conservative about the feel of characters and not really trading uses of tools for different ones, rather at the most adding a use. It gets kind of murky with movement a little because there's more room to adjust that within a certain range to just make a character better.

Thanks for your work.

Qzzy

Smash Journeyman
I play a Link main and he would prefer the angles reverted too. He would agree with Kix, increased stun and tweak speed, but keep the angles.

Haven't had the chance to play with anyone yet, so can't comment on anything else. :(

Oh, except for being able to ledgedash with Gannon within reasonable constraints. Yay!

Will say as a former fan of project M that I look more forward to this project now. Felt like Project M has simply inserted too much stuff, hasn't respected vanilla. I like vanilla. I'm kind of hoping this game will turn into french vanilla with toppings as opposed to rainbow Sherbet.

ugh... in other words, I don't think the limitations you guys have in terms of hacking is a bad thing.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
We cannot revert angles while keeping stun higher or speed higher. Its one or the other, and his arrows were trash before. Why use them ever? Even to getback to the ledge was pointless whenyoucould just throw a boomerang at the same speed. Or pull a bomb if you're that high to use a ****ty arrow.

:phone:

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
We cannot revert angles while keeping stun higher or speed higher. Its one or the other, and his arrows were trash before. Why use them ever? Even to getback to the ledge was pointless whenyoucould just throw a boomerang at the same speed. Or pull a bomb if you're that high to use a ****ty arrow.

I agree, I find Links projectile game to be much more complete with the new arrows. Also being able to KO from far away is a big plus

Beautiful Death

Smash Journeyman
how would people feel if we made power shielding easier for the whole cast?

it'll let bower and DK PS from the front but will also allow better PSing from marth and sheik
Oh god no. Please don't. I don't want this glorious SD Remix thing to turn into Third Strike or something. I hate powershielding. Just leave it alone.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I enjoyed this project a lot when I played the Alpha at Smasher's Reunion.

I'll be keeping up with the progress made. :)

JacopeX

Smash Apprentice
Oh god no. Please don't. I don't want this glorious SD Remix thing to turn into Third Strike or something. I hate powershielding. Just leave it alone.
I totally agree with this...

Unless if you can specify the powershielding properties to certain characters who have understandable trouble dealing with zoning, this will just make most projectile characters completely obsolete in this game like it did in SSF4AE since powershielding will become a lot more practical and sooner or later, it can be done more consistently. Even if it is done by accident, it would still be a huge nuisance. lol

In SD, almost every character has a lot more tools in order to deal with many bad match ups and destroy very good match ups (or balance their match ups). Powershielding will probably unbalance an important aspect to the game. Of course my friends will love the idea since they can't stand my Spamus. XD But then again, I play a very good Mario main and his cape has always been an issue for me and I have to approach Mario on ground since I beat mario that way. In the air, I get wrecked. The only way I can hit mario with a charge shot/missle is when he throws a fireball, gets into an animation, I hit him while he is teching or getting back on stage from the ledge, when he whiffs an attack, or some time when you hit them at the few recovery frames after cape.

This is what a fear. An entire roster with the ability to reflect, which would be pretty BS. :c

VietGeek

Smash Hero
It's technically possible but unfeasible, to understate it.

Get another vanilla copy into your loader.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Yo viet, wtf is up with Pichu lol. You've basically made Pikachu pointless since Pichu does nearly everything he does only better. Yeah he's slightly smaller, lighter and doesnt have a tail spike but like, seriously, everything else is just straight up better for Pichu. I cant believe I would ever say this.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
we weren't really sure what to do with pichu so we made him a joke/pikachu minus

VietGeek

Smash Hero
we're trying to form a political coalition to ban pichu from super smash bros melee

stay tuned

Kix

Smash Journeyman

The speed of the drop and how it hits are different. The choice of where it hits is more varied. We like Melee arrows and just want those arrows better, not a different projectile.

Why can't the cooldown of the move be reduced/the stun increased (maybe it can't, I don't know--just curious)?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
The speed of the drop and how it hits are different. The choice of where it hits is more varied. We like Melee arrows and just want those arrows better, not a different projectile.

Why can't the cooldown of the move be reduced/the stun increased (maybe it can't, I don't know--just curious)?
melee arrows aren't good. we are doing you a favor.

Y.links arrow have less cooldown and more stun than vanilla but go basically the same distance.

Link needed to be different from Y.link in some way as to make them less like clones so he got a speed boost on arrows.

also, the game has a built in damage/stun multiplier for when you get hit by a projectile depending on how fast it is going.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
What exactly is the DVD method? Would that be burning the ISO onto a disk and then playing it from there, no console modding involved?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
You're partially correct. You still need to modify the console.

Coincidentally the "DVD method" is also essentially the same process required to run SDR on Dolphin.

Also I am proud to announce every character in this game is now Captain Falcon.

obv :197:

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
What exactly is the DVD method? Would that be burning the ISO onto a disk and then playing it from there, no console modding involved?
You're partially correct. You still need to modify the console.

Coincidentally the "DVD method" is also essentially the same process required to run SDR on Dolphin.

Also I am proud to announce every character in this game is now Captain Falcon.

obv :197:
Yea that's basically it, you can always try SD Media Launcher, if your using the Gamecube because you might have to invest in some home appliances you probably don't have to mod it, which is why I kinda recommend SD Media Launcher for those who don't want to hack their GC, I know it hasn't been a popular method in the past, but it's much more stable now from what I see and it'll save you some discs. But if you just want it to be 100% guaranteed stable, with no menu sound bugs, then burning the disc and modding the console is the best way to go.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Well, what would be the easiest method for someone starting from nothing, assuming no knowledge of console modding? Emulating on a comp is out of the question. Small bugs aren't really a big deal to me so long as they aren't game breaking. I don't need a whole guide written on it, but I'd at least like to know what I should try first. A link to a guide would surely be most helpful, though. I play P:M, but that doesn't require anything on my part other than downloading an installer and then sitting back and watching as it installs to my SD card. Which I then put in my Wii and work easily. Lol. Ofc that doesn't work with SDR, but that's the most complex thing I know how to do (meaning I know essentially nothing) in terms of using a mod.

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
Well, what would be the easiest method for someone starting from nothing, assuming no knowledge of console modding? Emulating on a comp is out of the question. Small bugs aren't really a big deal to me so long as they aren't game breaking. I don't need a whole guide written on it, but I'd at least like to know what I should try first. A link to a guide would surely be most helpful, though. I play P:M, but that doesn't require anything on my part other than downloading an installer and then sitting back and watching as it installs to my SD card. Which I then put in my Wii and work easily. Lol. Ofc that doesn't work with SDR, but that's the most complex thing I know how to do (meaning I know essentially nothing) in terms of using a mod.
Then the SD media launcher method is one of the easiest, and one of the cheapest methods out there. There might be another way to load Swiss on the Wii without modding, but I don't know.

Gea

Smash Master
The easiest way imo is using DIOS MIOS in some capacity, but the downside to that is you really need to uninstall DIOS MIOS afterwards if you want to use any retail discs. Takes like literally a minute to install/uninstall it, but still.

Edit: You know, you guys get very little feedback in this thread (part of it being that few people wanna go through the trouble of getting the game working) but part of it is definitely that you guys aren't very receptive towards criticism or discussion. I've been thinking about this project a bit more lately and I honestly think your design philosophies displayed seem pretty flawed overall, and I'm not the only one who thinks this. Other players who post about it in other areas seem to voice the same concerns.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
but the downside to that is you really need to uninstall DIOS MIOS afterwards if you want to use any retail discs..
No, I'm still able to use retail discs.

Also, do you guys already know that Peach freezes if Melee v1.2 is used as a base iso?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
yes, we realize this issue. peach's file changes from version to version and she freezes because she calls items when pulling turnips. and those IDs don't match

Top Bottom