• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scum Wars Mafia - Game!

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Wasn't this game just a little heavy on the scum side? There were essentially 6 scum to 9 (8 if Darth vader got his recruit) townies this game. Sure, there were multiple mafias, but still...

Oh well. This sure beat being a cop in Paranoiafia.... *shudder*

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
me and tom wanted to expand swf meta so that roles like gov and double voter aren't auto cleared like swf always does.

nicholas why did you constantly say indy = clear? :urg:

Ronike

Smash Ace
Which would have been fineish, but the dumb contract hitman...

DV isn't inherently town and I've never thought of it as so. Governor on the other hand... It takes away the town's ability to kill scum at all. Theres a reason its generally town. Hell, when its town it can be anti-town since the governor can save scum if the scum plays well.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
me and tom wanted to expand swf meta so that roles like gov and double voter aren't auto cleared like swf always does.

nicholas why did you constantly say indy = clear? :urg:
Because those kills were consistently coming up mafia. If he wasn't anti-town, don't you think he would have been directing the kills elsewhere? :(

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Wasn't this game just a little heavy on the scum side?
i think its balanced

thanks steel/tom for modding

man macman couldntve breadcrumbed mason any harder...yeesh

i agree that scumvernor and contract hitman shouldnt be used but the other roles were p sweet. well i dont like recruiting roles but meh

kevin i was waiting all d5 for you to drop a kirbyo vote so we could alpha strike. shouldve thrown vote around in an effort to joint

/brofist kevin thanks for keeping me alive and accepting my nightkills. you were our third scumbuddy :bee:

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I'm sorry guys, I missed a majority of D1 and coulndt really get into the game, apologies to the mods and town for being that way :/

M.K

Level 55
Good game you guys. Currently I'm sitting in vancouver watching the olympics. Soooo ill. Give my thoughts when I get back to the. Usa

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Scumvernor, though lame, isn't ridiculously game destroying.

Contract Hitman on the other hand absolutely is. Ronike is right, we DID try to kill you Xonar, but we couldn't because we had NO control over our nightkill.

Not sure if people have forgotten, but the nightkill is mafia's STRONGEST TOOL IN THE GAME OF MAFIA.

Take their control of that ability and you might as well just tell them that they have to kill randomly each night and they just have to deal with it. Pretty ****ty.

I'll be honest, I didn't have a good showing in the game at all and I can man up to that, but once I realized our nightkills weren't going through and we basically had no definitive power at night, it really pissed me off and demotivated me from playing.

I'm all for using things like scum doublevoter and scumvernor (though maybe not both in the same game) to help break the habits of assuming that these are auto town roles (because I agree, the definitely shouldn't be), but yeah, don't **** with the fundamental mechanic of the scum nightkill. That's complete and utter BS.

Creative design though. Thanks for hosting and such.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Not sure if people have forgotten, but the nightkill is mafia's STRONGEST TOOL IN THE GAME OF MAFIA.

Take their control of that ability and you might as well break their ribs, kill their family and tell them to just deal with it.
And in the same hand the lynch is the town's strongest tool in the game of mafia. How is removing it - even only for once - any less game breaking than a 3rd party having control over the mafia kills? In both cases the fundament of this game is clearly being broken.

:059:

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
@mod for the most part, the setup is good, but scum Governor? Really? That's just crazy. Not really liking the indy role either.

Top Bottom