• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scum Wars Mafia - Game!

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Well... you're cleared, I'm cleared, and KevinM is too. So, aside from Kirbyoshi, the suspect pool is Marshy, Macman and Chaco. If my investigation on KevinM comes up guilty, Marshy's the only possible choice. If my investigation comes up innocent, I'd go Marshy/Macman (as I trust Chaco highly).

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Nick, I don't understand what you're saying. You want kirb to stump himself and then town will NL?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Ok, combined with the investigate, I can agree on that. I see how it gives Town most advantage of the possible lynches.

If the investigate comes up innocent we can start talking about the lynch.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Unless something huge comes up, KY is my lynch choice for the day. So, if he stumps himself, we avoid the mislynch, and a no-lynch would let me figure out if I can trust you/Chaco completely or not.

Chaco

Never Logs In
He needs to stump himself. His number still counts towards town, but his vote will not. So that means, we lose a vote. But keep our numbers.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Technically since we'd be lynching him...it'd keep his number..instead of losing that. We come out better, imho.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
No, I don't believe it counts towards town numbers.

Also, Nick please give me reasons why you trust Chaco over me. What has he done that's been inherently more townie than I? I truly am just wondering cuz I'm not sure what I should be doing differently.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
BTW guys, this game is called 'Scum Wars Mafia'. Just throwing that out there, it could be a subtle play on words to hint towards 2 scum factions.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Or it could be a play on words to sound like Star Wars. Jus' Sayin.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
lawlz Chaco.

The problem with Kevin is that I still don't trust his claim. Apart from the possibility that he's just straight up bluffing, how do we know he's indy, at least until Nick investigates him? It looks more like a scum role that would have the stipulation that he can win with EITHER SCUM faction, but not with town. And he's said he's chosen to win with town, but there's NO way of validating that, apart from the fact that he's basically bussed an entire scum faction (which is assuming his claim is true, apart from the extra WIFOM bussing an entire team brings).

In short, there's simply too many "if"s and assumptions attached to Kevin's role.

My theory is this: We are dealing with only one scum faction, with only one more member alive. That would make the single kill during every Night but N1 make more sense. We also have an expert doctor, which I am extremely grateful for at this moment. Kevin is perhaps simply a survivor, who has been snowing both town and scum ever since he claimed.

If anyone would like to ask questions about or poke holes in my theory, go right ahead. It's not set in stone yet, and I did it without looking back at the NKs.

Let me ask a serious flavor question of everyone though: If we did have 2 scum factions, what would be the name of the other one (other than Imperial, I mean)?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
lawlz Chaco.

The problem with Kevin is that I still don't trust his claim. Apart from the possibility that he's just straight up bluffing, how do we know he's indy, at least until Nick investigates him? It looks more like a scum role that would have the stipulation that he can win with EITHER SCUM faction, but not with town. And he's said he's chosen to win with town, but there's NO way of validating that, apart from the fact that he's basically bussed an entire scum faction (which is assuming his claim is true, apart from the extra WIFOM bussing an entire team brings).

In short, there's simply too many "if"s and assumptions attached to Kevin's role.

My theory is this: We are dealing with only one scum faction, with only one more member alive. That would make the single kill during every Night but N1 make more sense. We also have an expert doctor, which I am extremely grateful for at this moment. Kevin is perhaps simply a survivor, who has been snowing both town and scum ever since he claimed.

If anyone would like to ask questions about or poke holes in my theory, go right ahead. It's not set in stone yet, and I did it without looking back at the NKs.

Let me ask a serious flavor question of everyone though: If we did have 2 scum factions, what would be the name of the other one (other than Imperial, I mean)?
Awful post and still no claim? That's it. Can we just lynch him and call it a day now?

@Macman
Well... It's mainly the fact that I have an easier time getting reads on argumentative players (e.g: Tom, Frozen, Chaco) than ones that rely more on gut reads (e.g: KevinM, Marshy, you), and I've been getting a pretty strong town read from Chaco.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Kirbyoshi said:
I don't know, like I said before, I'm no expert on Star Wars.

So here's why you get this link:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=star+wars+hostile+factions
4th link.

Kirby, it'd be better if you claim now.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Nick's hypocrisy about explaining why posts are bad is noted.
The uselessness of pointing out stuff about a claimed cop is also noted.

Actually, there was so much wrong with that post that I thought it was obvious to everyone, but I suppose I had better point it out. This is just off the top of my head. There might be more, but I'm in a bit of a hurry.

Fact #1:
Only one kill has happened on Nights 2 and 3, which means the mafia kill was blocked. I'm not buying 2 doc protects in a row.

Fact #2:
How do we know he's indy? Well, he's obviously not town, and we've already had 3 different people flip scum (one of which was a recruiter). So, I think we're out of scum man.

Fact #3:
If he could win with either scum faction, why on earth would he direct NK's towards scum? Bussing an entire team for townie points makes no sense!

Fact #4:
If there's another scum faction in this game, how come there are so many (not-mafia) clears? We already have 5 of them.

Fact #5:
Both kills he was receiving were anti-town, therefore there's a SK.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
lawlz Chaco.

By the way, here's the post that I'm referring to for easier reference.

Where is everyone? I mean, where's some opinions on what I just said?

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
I'm not fooling around. I've stated my case, my vote is where it should be, and unless convinced otherwise, I'm not moving. And this is very interesting coming from the king of foolery. Just saying.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I can agree on lynching Kirbyoshi if he keeps ignoring Town's requests.

Kirbyoshi, what is your motivation for not listening? We have 7 days left, but I rather have Town advance before the deadline ends, and that won't happen if you're ignoring us and stay so stubborn.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Day will not end, also, I call bull****. That's not how a Tree Stump gets stumped.

Vote: Kirbyoshi

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
The cloaked man pulls down his hood revealing himself. Obi-Wan Kenobi is now a Force Ghost (Tree Stump).

At this point, town has a guaranteed lose based on the mechanics and has no way of winning apart from scum purposely killing themselves. So I'm not going to force you guys to play it out.

--

Xonar (Jabba the Hutt), the Hutt Governor, has won!

Marshy (Bib Fortuna), the Hutt Tailor, has won!

KevinM (Boba Fett), the Contract Hitman, has won!

Congratulations!!

--

Nicholas1024 (Princess Leia), the Rebel Cop, has been end gamed!

Macman (Han Solo), the Rebel Mason, has been end gamed!

Kirbyoshi (Obi-Wan Kenobi), the Rebel Treestump, has been endgamed!

Chaco (Greedo), the Rebel Townie, has been endgamed!

all that other shiz coming later

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Role PM's

Welcome to Scum Wars, Gheb_01! You are Luke Skywalker, Rebel Vigilante.

“But I was going into Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!”

Flavor: You are Luke Skywalker, human farmboy born on the Outer Rim desert planet of Tatooine and raised by your Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru. When cleaning a second-hand astromech droid that your family purchased from Jawas, you found a repeating distress hologram – sent by the beautiful Princess Leia to Obi-Wan Kenobi. You found Obi-Wan “Ben” Kenobi and together traveled to find, and subsequently rescue, the princess. During your travels, Obi-Wan gave you your father’s old lightsaber and taught you the ways of the Force. After rescuing Leia from the Imperial Death Star, you flew as Red 5 in an X-Wing fighter in the Battle of Yavin. You opted to listen to your Jedi mentor Obi-Wan instead of your targeting computer, and you hit a one-in-a-million proton torpedo shot that destroyed the entire space station. Now you continue to fight for the Rebellion.

Mechanics: Each night, you can choose one player to kill. You must PM me with the target of your choice, even if your choice is not to shoot; if you do not PM me, your shot will be randomized (with not shooting being a chance equal to each other individual player). You also know that Darth Vader is searching specifically for you.

Win Condition: You are aligned with the Rebels and win when all opposing factions are dead.

-

Welcome to Scum Wars, Nicholas1024! You are Princess Leia, Rebel Cop.

“Why you stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf herder!”

Flavor: You are Princess Leia Organa, born on the planet of Alderaan to senator Bail Organa, the head of Alderaan’s royal family. Raised through a prestigious family to become a famous politician and diplomat, you are a natural leader and figurehead for the Rebellion. You were apprehended by Darth Vader and imprisoned on the Imperial Death Star, but you were able to send a distress signal into space, which found its way to Obi-Wan Kenobi. You were subsequently and miraculously rescued by Obi-Wan, Luke Skywalker, and others, and then watched as the Death Star, the destructive weapon that annihilated your home planet of Alderaan, was destroyed by your Rebel Alliance. You now continue to lead the Rebels in their fight against the still powerful Empire.

Mechanics: Each night, you can choose one player to investigate. You will then be told if you find them to be innocent or guilty. You cannot investigate yourself. If you do not send in an investigation, you will not receive a result that night.

Win Condition: You are aligned with the Rebels and win when all opposing factions are dead.

-

Welcome to Scum Wars, Macman! You are Han Solo, Rebel Mason.

“Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.”

Flavor: You are Han Solo, self-absorbed human smuggler born on Corellia. You are one of the most infamous smugglers in the galaxy, piloting the Millenium Falcon, a ship you won in a game of sabaac. While in a bar in Mos Eisley you were approached by Obi-Wan Kenobi to bring him and his compatriot Luke Skywalker to Alderaan - when you found that the planet had been obliterated, you were drawn into a plan to rescue Princess Leia from the Death Star. Despite your independent, criminal side, you could not help but assist the Rebels in destroying the Death Star. Now you find yourself tied up as a General of the Rebel Alliance in the Galactic Civil War, together in your ship with a good friend and ally.

Mechanics: You are in a closed masonry with Chewbacca (Mentosman8) and you may communicate with him at any time outside of the thread through instant messaging or PMs. You must send all logs of conversation to me after they occur. He is confirmed to you as your alignment.

-

Welcome to Scum Wars, mentosman8! You are Chewbacca, Rebel (vengeful) Mason.

“Keep your distance, Chewie, but don't look like you're keeping your distance. […] I don't know – fly casual.”

Flavor: You are Chewbacca, adventurous and honorable Wookiee from the planet of Kashyyyk. In your earlier years you were taken prisoner by the Empire; when an imperial officer beat you, Han Solo came to your rescue and together you fled. In exchange and in keeping with Wookiee tradition, you swore a life debt to him. Over the years you became his smuggler co-pilot and greatest friend. Naturally, you accompanied him on his wayward adventure with Obi-Wan Kenobi and Luke Skywalker to rescue a princess and destroy a space station. Now you continue to work together for the Rebel Alliance.

Mechanics: You are in a closed masonry with Han Solo (Macman) and you may communicate with him at any time outside of the thread through instant messaging or PMs. You must send all logs of conversation to me after they occur. He is confirmed to you as your alignment. If Han Solo is lynched or night-killed, you will go into a Wookiee Rage and will be forced to make a vengeful kill. You will have 24 hours after Han’s death to choose your target or you will choose at random. You cannot communicate with Han after his death, and this includes not communicating with him after his death but before your choice.

-

Welcome to Scum Wars, Xiivi! You are Obi-Wan Kenobi, Rebel Treestump.

“If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.”

Flavor: You are Obi-Wan Kenobi, a wise and powerful Jedi in exile. Your actions throughout the decades have helped shape the fate of the galaxy in many ways. You were in hiding on the desert planet of Tatooine when you were contacted by a a strange wayward message from Princess Leia, and even stranger, found an extremely promising pupil in Luke Skywalker. You accompanied him on your shared quest to save the princess and destroy the Imperial Death Star, surviving a confrontation with the Darth Lord Vader and guiding Luke in his destruction of the incredibly devastating space station.

Mechanics: If it is announced, by you or by the game moderator in the event of your death, that you are a tree-stump or that you have powers similar to a tree-stump’s, you will lose your ability to vote but will retain the ability to post in the thread and will not be targetable for a lynch or kill.

-

Welcome to Scum Wars, SwordsRbroken! You are R2-D2, Rebel Townie.

“Beep boop boo.”

Flavor: You are R2-D2, a very bold and brave droid that is undoubtedly the most famous of the R2 droid series. You have found yourself in many critical situations throughout your life time and always seem to come through. You have no problem putting yourself in dangerous situations – something that your regular partner C-3P0 repeatedly repeats as he complains. You delivered a very important message to Obi-Wan Kenobi and accompanied him and Luke Skywalker on their quest to save the princess and now work as Luke’s personal flight droid in the Rebel Alliance’s fight against the empire.

Mechanics: You are a townie. You have no special abilities or traits.

-

Welcome to Scum Wars, Scumfever! You are Wedge Antilles, Rebel Townie.

“I've watched the struggle for freedom for a long time now, mainly from the seat of my X-wing. It's an interesting perspective—the Rebellion's a strange union of pirates, Jedi, royal princesses, and then there's the rest of us. Me? I'm just plain old Wedge Antilles, doing my job.”

Flavor: You are Wedge Antilles, born on the capital planet of Corellia, you have become a superb starfighter pilot. You assisted in forming Rogue Squadron, an elite Rebel Alliance starfighter fleet that has played a major role in many battles against the Empire, after the successful destruction of the imperial Death Star.

-

Welcome to Scum Wars, Cacti! You are Biggs Darklighter, Rebel Townie.

“It'll be like old times. They'll never stop us.”

Flavor: You are Biggs Darklighter, born on the remote planet of Tatooine to a moisture farmer tycoon named Huff Darklighter, you always dreamed of leaving the desert planet and becoming a starfighter pilot. After attending a Naval Academy for the Imperials, you managed to jump ship in one of the central systems and joined the Rebel Alliance. You flew with your old friend Luke Skywalker in the Battle of Yavin, helping to destroy the Death Star. Now you continue to work as a pilot for the Rebel Alliance.

-

Welcome to Scum Wars, Blue Yoshi! You are Greedo, Rebel Townie.

“Keh lee chalya chulkah in ting cooing koosooah.”
“If you give it to me, I might forget I found you.”

Flavor: You are Greedo, a Rodian bounty hunter. Your father, Greedo the Elder, was a highly esteemed hunter unlike yourself. Unfortunately, your skills aren't exactly up to par with the rest of the galaxy's established bounty hunters. You find yourself aligned with the Rebel Alliance in their fight against the Empire.

-

Welcome to Scum Wars, Meta-Kirby! You are Emperor Palpatine, Imperial Doublevoter.

“We have a new enemy. Luke Skywalker, the young Rebel who destroyed the Death Star.”

Flavor: You are Emperor Palpatine, iron-fisted leader of the Galactic Empire. You are the most powerful and influential figure in the galaxy. You are ruthless and cruel, the definition of evil. After the destruction of your imperial Death Star, a devastating space station with the capability to destroy entire planets with a single blast, you recognize the Rebel Alliance as more than a passing threat to your throne. You have set out a plan, a sequence of events that will lead to the fall of the Rebel Alliance and the christening of a new and improved Death Star. This plan involves the use of only your most trusted figureheads as your allies.

Mechanics: You are an overt doublevoter. Whenever you vote, your vote will count double on the occurring vote counts. This extra vote does not change the number of votes required to lynch a player by majority. You are aligned with Darth Vader (frozenflame751) the Imperial Recruiter and Grand Moff Tarkin (Ronike) the Imperial Rolecop. You may communicate with them at any time outside of the thread through instant messaging or PMs. You must send all logs of conversation to me after they occur. Each night, your group as a whole can select one player as your night-kill choice. Emperor Palpatine will be the player to send it in; if he is dead, the responsibility falls to Darth Vader; if they are both dead, the responsibility falls to Grand Moff Tarkin.

Safe-claim: Yoda is not in this game, and you are the only player with this knowledge.

Win Condition: You are aligned with the Empire and win in forced end-game when it is mathematically impossible to lose.

-

Welcome to Scum Wars, frozenflame751! You are Darth Vader, Imperial (usurping) Recruiter.

“Luke, you can destroy the Emperor. He has foreseen this. Join me and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son.”

Flavor: You are Darth Vader, right hand to the Emperor, a dark jedi lord who scours the galaxy eliminating all opposition to imperial rule and stomping out rebel scum. You are almost more machine than man, a cruel and corrupted individual of evil. After you captured and interrogated Princess Leia, you used the Death Star space station to destroy her home planet in a single, explosive strike. Your plans were uprooted, however, when your long-time enemy Obi-Wan Kenobi and a young jedi named Luke Skywalker rescued the princess and destroyed the Death Star. All is not lost, however – the Emperor has set in action a plan to destroy the Rebel Alliance once and for all, and also informed you of an astonishing truth – Luke Skywalker is your son. Now you are determined to destroy all of the rebels, but not without recruiting your son and uprooting your master, taking your rightful place as ruler of the galaxy with your son in his rightful place as your partner and disciple.

Mechanics: You are a usurper – you do not win the game unless you reach your win condition and Emperor Palnatine is dead. You are also a recruiter – each night you may select one player to determine if they are Luke Skywalker. If they are, you will recruit them to the mafia. That same night, Luke will kill the Emperor for you. Your allies do not know about your usurper identity – they are simply told that you are Darth Vader and a recruiter, without being told any specifics. You are aligned with Emperor Palpatine (Meta-Kirby) the Imperial Doublevoter and Grand Moff Tarkin (Ronike) the Imperial Rolecop. You may communicate with them at any time outside of the thread through instant messaging or PMs. You must send all logs of conversation to me after they occur. Each night, your group as a whole can select one player as your night-kill choice. Emperor Palpatine will be the player to send it in; if he is dead, the responsibility falls to Darth Vader; if they are both dead, the responsibility falls to Grand Moff Tarkin.

Safe-claim: Wicket is not in this game, and you are the only player with this knowledge.

Win Condition: You are aligned with the Empire and win in forced end-game when it is mathematically impossible to lose.

-

Welcome to Scum Wars, Ronike! You are Grand Moff Tarkin, Imperial Rolecop.

“Princess Leia, before your execution, you will join me at a ceremony that will make this battle station operational. No star system will dare oppose the Emperor now.”

Flavor: You are Grand Moff Tarkin, imperial high-officer in charge of the operations of the Death Star. After assisting in the capture and interrogation of Princess Leia, you watched as your space station was destroyed by Luke Skywalker and the Rebel Alliance. You survived, however, and now continue to work with the Emperor and Darth Vader; with your extensive arsenal of storm troopers and droids, you will see the Emperor’s plan through to the end.

Mechanics: Each night you may target one player to investigate. You will be told that players role, but not their alignment or their name. For instance, if you investigated yourself, you would be told “rolecop” but not “Grand Moff Tarkin” or “imperial.” You are aligned with Emperor Palpatine (Meta-Kirby) the Imperial Doublevoter and Darth Vader (frozenflame751) the Imperial Recruiter. You may communicate with them at any time outside of the thread through instant messaging or PMs. You must send all logs of conversation to me after they occur. Each night, your group as a whole can select one player as your night-kill choice. Emperor Palpatine will be the player to send it in; if he is dead, the responsibility falls to Darth Vader; if they are both dead, the responsibility falls to Grand Moff Tarkin.

Safe-claim: Mon Mothma is not in this game and you are the only player with this knowledge.

-

Welcome to Scum Wars, Crimson King! You are Jabba the Hutt, Hutt Governor.

“Soon you will learn to appreciate me.”

Flavor: You are Jabba the Hutt, infamous crime lord of Tatooine. After participating in all sorts of illegal activities such as the smuggling of spice, the slave trade, and piracy, your power has given you influence over the entire galaxy. Some would say that your influence over the outer-rim planets is greater than even the Emperor’s – if there is a threat to his power apart from the Rebel Alliance, it is your own criminal power.

Mechanics: You are a governor. During each twilight phase, after a lynch has been chosen but before the lynch scene has been posted, you have the chance to veto the lynch. You will have 24 hours to veto the lynch – you should message me with your intent to either allow it to pass or to veto it as soon as possible, even if you wish to allow it. You can only veto one lynch during the game and it can be your own. You are aligned with Bib Fortuna (Marshy) the Hutt Tailor. You may communicate with him at any time outside of the thread through instant messaging or PMs. You must send all logs of conversation to me after they occur. Each night, your group as a whole can select one player as your night-kill choice. Jabba the Hutt will be the player to send it in; if he is dead, the responsibility falls to Bib Fortuna.

Safe-claim: Lando Calrissian is not in this game, and you are the only player with this knowledge.

Win Condition: You are aligned with the Hutt and win in forced end-game when it is mathematically impossible to lose.

-

Welcome to Scum Wars, Marshy! You are Bib Fortuna, Hutt Tailor.

“Die Wanna Wanga.”

Flavor: You are Bib Fortuna, majordomo to Jabba the Hutt. You have worked with Jabba for a very long time, and while you have grown to dislike him severely, you understand and appreciate the powerful position that he holds. You serve as his right hand in all of his endeavors, criminal and otherwise, though they are mostly all criminal.

Mechanics: You are a tailor. Each night, you may choose one player and choose whether or not they appear guilty to cop investigations for that night or innocent to cop investigations for that night. You may choose yourself. You are aligned with Jabba the Hutt (Crimson King) the Hutt Governor. You may communicate with him at any time outside of the thread through instant messaging or PMs. You must send all logs of conversation to me after they occur. Each night, your group as a whole can select one player as your night-kill choice. Jabba the Hutt will be the player to send it in; if he is dead, the responsibility falls to Bib Fortuna.

Safe-claim: Admiral Ackbar is not in this game and you are the only player with this knowledge.

Win Condition: You are aligned with the Hutt and win in forced end-game when it is mathematically impossible to lose.

-

Welcome to Scum Wars, KevinM! You are Boba Fett, Contract Hitman.

“Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold.”

Flavor: You are Boba Fett, most renowned and infamous bounty hunter in the galaxy. Throughout your decorated career as a marksman and hunter, you have gained many allies and made many enemies. You are enigmatic, but two things are certain – first, your willingness to protect only yourself; second, your hatred of Han Solo.

Mechanics: You are an independent contract hitman. You are privy to knowledge that facilitates your role and opportunities to shape the game to your liking. Each night, you will receive the names of one or two players. These are the night-kill choices by both mafias – the Imperial mafia and the Hutt mafia. You will then choose which night-kill to carry out, letting one target live while personally eliminating the other. These factions do not know of your existence and are not given any of this knowledge. You are bulletproof. If the player who is Han Solo is chosen as one of the choices, you will immediately choose that kill over the other.

Safe-claim: C-3P0 is not in this game and you are the only player with this knowledge.

Win Condition: You are independently aligned and if you are alive when the rebels lose. This means that you can win with either mafia faction, as long as you are alive when they force end-game and win. If you are the last non-rebel remaining, you may win if you are the last or second-to-last man standing.

-

Mechanic note: if KevinM ever died in this game then both mafias would not have a night kill.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Scumvenor is dumb. Never again please. Contract Hitman is mad frustrating and dumb too, never again please. Especially since if he died, we lost night kill. Just wow.

Top Bottom