• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(SCS) Steel City Showdown! July 26th, Pittsburgh, PA -LIVESTREAM IS UP!

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
If i DO come i'll need a place to stay the night before.
There's no chance in hell i'm driving all the way from philly to steel city and back all in the same day...

RHCPFan1

Smash Apprentice
yeah, no point in wasting all that gas just to lose as well...

lol, told you guys id get the smash ball...

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Ha...
That pretty big talk coming from a guy who couldn't even get top 3 in a tournament he swore he'd win...both in regular singles and in low tiers...
When you start placing in tournaments and defeating notable players in the state then you can come back and talk trash. Until then, i'm gonna down some more coffee and pretend you don't exist.

M@v

Subarashii!
Ha...
That pretty big talk coming from a guy who couldn't even get top 3 in a tournament he swore he'd win...both in regular singles and in low tiers...
When you start placing in tournaments and defeating notable players in the state then you can come back and talk trash. Until then, i'm gonna down some more coffee and pretend you don't exist.

i might be able to squeeze you in at my place (Cam, Lawz, Fishy, and 1 or 2 others are already staying) . If I can't, my friend might be able to.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
<3Truth

we need to play again ^_^ Falcon dittos and Sonic v Diddy was too much fun. My Falcon got 3030x better

:093:

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
Crews Truth is just as good, if not better than me. I also think we can take any team in PA. Its been a while since we played each other, but I'm betting he hasn't slacked at all.
dude, when i say this i want to emphasize the fact that i swear im not trying to be a dik when i say this but, saying that he is as good as or maybe even better than you means absolutely nothing to me. not only have i not seen you play for over a year, but when i did i wasnt impressed (no offense). thats not to say that you havent improved or anything im just basing it off of what i currently know. once again, i want to stress that im not trying to talk sheet or be a dik or anything, just stressing that i have no clue how good you are anymore.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
I played MoV in low tiers. He wasn't bad, especially considering he had a tough match-up with Samus and Ganny against Mario. I'd put him close to that Lucas guy with the tatoo as of Dec.

Also, I still wouldn't mind finding a doubles partner...any G&Ws or Luigis out there?

M@v

Subarashii!
^....in low tiers. With Samus. Who I barely play. lmao. Well, never anymore , since Zelda is in low tier now <3

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Ah. Still, didn't some low tier guys make it to the semi-finals/finals? I guess I'll have to play your real characters next time. BTW, you shouldn't laugh about getting two stocked twice, even if it's not with your main guy. If you stink with Samus, just say so, and be done. I suck with MK. There will probably be people at the tournament who can two stock my MK with Sonic or Link or whatever. Its nothing to get all Johnny about.

...I'm actually more interested in taking out that Ness guy who threw me about 200 times during our match. That. Was. Annoying.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I suck with MK. There will probably be people at the tournament who can two stock my MK with Sonic or Link or whatever. Its nothing to get all Johnny about.
Now that sounds oddly specific.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
i really can't wait for this. especially because i never got to play a few of the people that went last time. i'm looking forward to playing some people such as PD.

RHCPFan1

Smash Apprentice
Well thanks Sleek for comparing me to M@V...

Personally I think M@V sucks and that I am much better than him. My Lucas pwn's his fox, theres just nothing else to it...

I don't like to sound like a dik as well, I just go by what I see. The only guy I am concerned about is Cam...Maybe even Phoenix (just maybe), but other than that...thats it..

Sleek, your mario is pretty good (and hopefully improved), but I can beat him...

Basically, Lucas isn't high at all on the tier list, but I have greatly improved my skills with him and even if I dont win this tourn or what ever, I know that I will make it pretty far..

I doubt ill even use Lucas in this tourn though, just because I am focusing much of my time with *****...Ill save him/her for the tourn..

Crews is a great samus user and he converted me to actucally calling samus, samus and not master chief. I had no idea samus could do some of that stuff he was pulling off...

like I said earlier, all M@V really does is his up tilt followed by hit stun up aerial which is easy to avoid... its more annoying when shiek does it...the up tilt that is

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Bring it on RHCP! Our matches last time were pretty fun, but I will indeed be bringing a leaner Mario to this event. I won't spare your Lucas any Fludds. I've also got a few new characters for your mystery main, so don't think the man in red is all I've got! I'll bring an infinite-replay Wii to help record tourney matches. Let's get some friendlies on it, too.

But your tatoo just freaks me out too much. Very creepy! At least it's not as bad as that crossdressing guy from last time...

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Well thanks Sleek for comparing me to M@V...

Personally I think M@V sucks and that I am much better than him. My Lucas pwn's his fox, theres just nothing else to it...

I don't like to sound like a dik as well, I just go by what I see. The only guy I am concerned about is Cam...Maybe even Phoenix (just maybe), but other than that...thats it..

Sleek, your mario is pretty good (and hopefully improved), but I can beat him...

Basically, Lucas isn't high at all on the tier list, but I have greatly improved my skills with him and even if I dont win this tourn or what ever, I know that I will make it pretty far..

I doubt ill even use Lucas in this tourn though, just because I am focusing much of my time with *****...Ill save him/her for the tourn..

Crews is a great samus user and he converted me to actucally calling samus, samus and not master chief. I had no idea samus could do some of that stuff he was pulling off...

like I said earlier, all M@V really does is his up tilt followed by hit stun up aerial which is easy to avoid... its more annoying when shiek does it...the up tilt that is
i love how you base everything off of your one and only tourney that happened half a year ago.

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
I love RHCP's trash talk. Even if it's stupid. It gets so many people heated.

Edit: Also, Lucas sucks.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
ok soooooooooo is there anyway i can get a ride with someone from philly?? like i show up to philly on saturday and we riiiiiiiiiiiiiiide out and crash somewhere before the tourney?

-my qualifications

im hilarious
i dont take up any space
no music preference (if its "unique" i just throw on my headphones)
i have a pot of gold
i'm better than shadofiend

discuss.

RHCPFan1

Smash Apprentice
That crossdresser made me so mad, lmao...

I bring stuff up from the last tourn, because its like the dragonball z effect.... goku is as strong as raditz once he comes back from snake way/other world. he isnt as strong as vegita until he trains on the space ship going up to namek to fight freiza. he beats freiza and than he is as strong as freiza until he fights the androids...blah blah blah...basically, even though i brought up stuff from the first tournament, we pretty much even out, but were both stronger... sleek is as good as me from last time...and now i am much better, therefore, reguardless of which tourn we go to...ill always improve my skills, and he will improve his skills but he wont be better than me... just like enemies goku has... sorry for that goofy example, but it makes sense..

Lucas doesn't suck, he is just gimpable... My tattoos are sweet, im getting more soon...

oh and for the person above me... if you are the person in your avatar, ill go up to philly and get you down here myself :) - if not, than sorry...cant help you

M@v

Subarashii!
ok soooooooooo is there anyway i can get a ride with someone from philly?? like i show up to philly on saturday and we riiiiiiiiiiiiiiide out and crash somewhere before the tourney?

-my qualifications

im hilarious
i dont take up any space
no music preference (if its "unique" i just throw on my headphones)
i have a pot of gold
i'm better than shadofiend

discuss.
Talk to the truth, chibo, .com, or xzax. I know they all expressed interest in coming.

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate

I bring stuff up from the last tourn, because its like the dragonball z effect.... goku is as strong as raditz once he comes back from snake way/other world. he isnt as strong as vegita until he trains on the space ship going up to namek to fight freiza. he beats freiza and than he is as strong as freiza until he fights the androids...blah blah blah...basically, even though i brought up stuff from the first tournament, we pretty much even out, but were both stronger... sleek is as good as me from last time...and now i am much better, therefore, reguardless of which tourn we go to...ill always improve my skills, and he will improve his skills but he wont be better than me... just like enemies goku has... sorry for that goofy example, but it makes sense..
dude, all that improvment stuff goes for everyone. more than likely if someone was better than you, or in alot of ppl's situtations alot better than you a year ago, it is more likely that after a year they are still better than you. but on the otherhand, brawl's metagame is started to plateau from what iv'e herd. so you might have actually improved a great deal more while we could have only improved somewhat. it may be the case, idk. but one thing i can tell you is that if you thought my sammy was good back then, o boy i cant wait to show you (all) what i can do now :)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I am great.

lmao Malcolm...I'd get you if my crew and I weren't already going so far out of our way to make it to this thing <_<

Sleek Media

Smash Lord

Lucas doesn't suck, he is just gimpable... My tattoos are sweet, im getting more soon...

oh and for the person above me... if you are the person in your avatar, ill go up to philly and get you down here myself :) - if not, than sorry...cant help you
I'm so glad you used that analogy. I got to do this at one of the Otronicon tournaments:

Me:
What does the scouter say about my power level???

About 100 Smashers in the theater:
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

*Fox ****** commences*

M@v

Subarashii!
Also want to mention even though I still use fox, my character load out has completely changed since the last tourney. :)

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
I'll still be using Sonic. And I'll still be laughing at the people that lose to Sonic. If I get bored, I may break out Falcon or Marth. My Falcon is pretty epic.

RHCPFan1

Smash Apprentice
falcon sucks... Lucas and Ness for double, (me and my friend Phil)

About Phil: Phil is a 20 year old african american nerd who was born in Homestead. Phil and I have been friends for over 13 years (he is my best friend) and we have been playing the smash series since day 1 in 64 days. Phil enrolled at Pitt Univ over a year ago, Brawl than came out and he quit Pitt and has been in his home ever since it came out. We played Brawl just about everyday since it came out and he attempted to main Kirby, but found out he was a pro with Ness, therefore Ness is my partner.

(I really hope he didn't read that ^)

As for my main, I am going to be ********* because he/she is an ownage character and I practiced with him brutally.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
I still need a partner...anyone maybe wanna meet up before the tournament for a few rounds, and to see if we'd make a good team?

Top Bottom