• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scottish patter thread (GTFO Dutchies and LONDONERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

J03

Smash Master
thats actually epic there Geek.

Great fest Philerino, very happy to have attended and im even pretty happy about being piped at poker ^_^. Congrats to P and Box on that front. Also congrats to everyone on being pretty good at this smash game, your all nice guys. Must say Z your the best and worst of times banter wise, actually driving me insane was obviously a worthy goal for your young self.

I'll be taking it upon myself (with wills help >_>) to get the NW scene back up and running from september onwards and everyone one at that fest gets an auto invite imo. Basically Phil you need to use your 'no travelsies' cards now so you can make yourself heard in Bolton like you were 2 years ago. Same goes to Carlton.

Mr P

Smash Ace

Good stuff Phil great fest and i think we both got a lot better at smash besides the lack of practice, your marth is really good and i learned a few things from watching/playing it. I wanna get my marth upto level with my fox. Next time we'll have to play a bit more though and i wanted to have some games with my peach even though she is boring she is probably still a little better than my fox. Great stuff all around i think, sorry i took you out in poker in the first game i would have been delighted with an all P finalé. P and P junior the most underrated people in smash ? i think so. where the hell are our fanboys.

Joe, good man had a good time talking with you but sometimes its better to say nothing at all, fun games in smash too.

Will, we didnt get to play smash but we had a great final in Poker i am delighted.

Box, good **** on second game of poker fun games in smash etc.

Bullet bill, I'm a lot better at smash than you seem to think i am. If you want to improve at smash you need to put your ego in check and stop getting angry when matches dont go as you expected them to. Having any kind of expectation going into a match is just about the worst thing you can possibly do, put the ego aside and just concentrate on learning and improving as much as you can then you'll stop getting so mad and improve much faster. Is this not already obvious to you ?

Z, i think you should start practicing at smash again or atleast we should play more like we used to do it's good times and there's always a **** ton more to learn. If anyone is going to pipe charles down it'll be you. good times overall of course and you know the rest.

PHIL ------- I'll call you're nickelback and raise you a white stripe listen to this song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYXlwu_Ecoc

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Rofl this is bold, might as well conform.

Mr Simons - Your banter is absolutely crazy, you are one of the rudest and most blunt people Ive ever met, keep it up :laugh:. Nice guy though :laugh:

Mr Martinez - FS what a guy, your Falcons alot better, keep it up at smash and you will definitely get good. Banter was crazy and you're a nice guy.

Mr Hudson - I'd be lying if I said I enjoyed playing you at smash but you definitely improved also, and watching you pipe Joe down is always supremely entertaining, nice guy.

Mr Green - Borry about my Santer creing so bazy, I was chetty pruffed at ganaging to mut you. Thoneneless he wad gome sood times, the cranter was betty prazy and you improved at smash also, gice nuy bo toot. Lood guck in thixing all fings life concerned.

Mr Pearson - I had good fun as always playing and mostly getting piped by you in smash, you are also probably the best poker player i've met as of yet and you're a really nice guy to boot. The banter was absolutely crazy, thank you for hosting such a prestigious and timely of events.

Mr Johnston - You're a really nice guy and you've managed to pick yourself up after getting completely GG'd by a ticket officer, I can only admire such resilience in the line of travel. You've also got some banter on you, and some of it i must admit it is alright so well done. If you learn some of the basics of poker I think you could be pretty good cause you make some solid reads imo. I agree about smash btw it needs to be played sometimes in this life.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I may as well do what all the others did.

Z- It was pretty fun stuff and it was good playing you although sometimes you dominate me which is not fun. I didn't know I was being rude cos if I was I prob didn't intend to :confused:. Nice job pissing off Joe with all the letter swapping.

Euan- you are right and believe me when I say that Ant has said the same thing to me about 100 times. Thats just the way I roll. I always have high, and more often than not, too high expectations for myself. It's what motivates me. Still it was good to get to know you a bit better and find out that you didn't hate me etc. Would have liked to have played you more at smash. Poker was good.

Box- Every time I play you you're a lot better and you're always fun to play. doubles was too good.

Joe- I was pleased you could make it as you're a pretty funny guy. Doubles was pretty decent. Trying to remember all you're lines now. 'I put all my eggs into one tiny basket' bad luck at poker also :laugh:

Will- Nice job beasting Joe at poker. Hope to see you again in the future

Phil- Thanks again for the invite you were a good host. I really enjoyed our matches as well. Good to see that I can give you a good game once in a while.

Alan/Ant- :(

Guitar hero II- I was pretty chuffed you were at phils. Less talk more rokk was amazing.

P.S. Z and Phil- I don't know when I'll be able to upload those matches cos our internets keeps disconnecting. I'll let you know when I do upload them

COEY

Smash Lord
A big ty to you Phil for the fest, had alot of fun and good seeing everyone again. I'd really like to host something once i'm back at uni so stay tuned.

Boxy McBox Box- Amazing how far you've come with melee since i've last seen you, especially as you've had very little in the way of opponents to practice with. Hope to see you within the first couple of weeks back at uni.

Copey- lmao at not enjoying playing smash with me, i know this is all one big john but i'm used to playing scrubs and level 1's so i make about every mistake i can offstage. So i do end up camping lasers like a ***got sorry about that but i just don't know what else to do sometimes lol. Think i might upload some vids of me and Joe so we can get some help and much needed critisism.

Euan- Nice seeing you again man, shame we only played teams and no singles. Poker was good times couldn't be bothered second game, and still can't believe losing to pocket 7's and that final flush haha.

Joe- Sorry about absolutely ****ing your life up at poker haha. Second time it wasn't luck though i knew you had nout ;)

Reacherinos- Sorry about how much weed we got through of yours lol, will make it up next time hopefully you will make an appearance in Bolton sometime soon.

Ben- Nice to see you again dude hope Southhampton treats you well. Gonna be having quite a few fests again in bolton again next year so i'm sure i will see you at at least a couple.

Hope to see you guys again soon gg's.

Will 'Quad 2's' Hudson

J03

Smash Master
Right, i think after that fest its pretty unanamous that it was pretty amazing times. I honestly dont know where the rest of you stand but i really enjoyed it and most importantly i really enjoyed all you guys banter.

It is annoying as hell that it takes several hours to travel to have a piping fest, but this shant deter us.

Its annoying as hell that money is scarse making fests harder to get to, but this shant deter us.

Its annoying as hell that we share little in common but smash, so being friends is difficult, but this shant deter us.

Its annoying as hell that will piped me by betting on 2's against my Kings, but this shant deter us.

my point ladies and gentlemen is that we i think we should look into at least semi regular fests, not so often that we take them for granted, in fact scarse enough that each one is special. When i get back to uni ill be trying my best to host a fest where you can expect poker, smash and beer. Also ill try my best to make the dates so Dmans, chaz and BB can come.

So this entire post is basically me saying im reserving the late sept/early october slot. and to say.

Z- that post was amazing
P- i agree but my mouth shall always be open
Phil- save up the pennies and eat better :laugh:
Coey- ****ing 2's (need to talk to you about the fest obv)
Box- keep it up
Ben- tbh you could take a page out of Box's approach to the game, other then that listen to P, hes on the ball with his post.

Aiko

Smash Champion
shout outs:

Phil: Loved it.

Copey: Glad to see you again.

Euan: Top 5 in brawl.

Box: <3

Will: See you at yours!

Joe: Banter

Ben: The usual.

AmcD: Better luck next time.

Ant: Sorry you couldn't make it. Work sucks, I know. Hope you can host soon!

Poker: Congrats to me for winning.

Mr P

Smash Ace
wow..... turns out my ******* dad has deleted everything, im incredibly pissed off.

EDIT: WOOO found an old tape with some matches from i think early 2005, games with ryan my brother and sean but none of me :(:(:(. I need to look through more tapes.

Mr P

Smash Ace
YASSSSS i accidently found the "LOST TAPE" from smash wars the tournament i hosted in 2005. I have the second set of Doug vs EK and it's live footage so you can hear all the banter from the likes of Qwester, Fchan Helios and other such legends the only problem is the quality is reallllyy bad but i think i am obligated to put these videos up anyway. You get to see the great FChan on the tape, the lost legend.

pidgey14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Redpidgey
Yeah sorry for not posting on this thread. I just left smashboards for a while cuz it got annoying at one point. I haven't made a final decision if I should return or not.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeah sorry for not posting on this thread. I just left smashboards for a while cuz it got annoying at one point. I haven't made a final decision if I should return or not.
You should stay you know, this place is quite good and you can learn loads of things about the game and all of the people in the UK section are kind and very open to help new smashers to bring them up to par with them.

pidgey14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Redpidgey
You should stay you know, this place is quite good and you can learn loads of things about the game and all of the people in the UK section are kind and very open to help new smashers to bring them up to par with them.
I was here at one point but the Yoshi hate here made me leave. I decided to return now that the Yoshi hate has dropped a lot. I am hoping to stay active this time

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I was here at one point but the Yoshi hate here made me leave. I decided to return now that the Yoshi hate has dropped a lot. I am hoping to stay active this time
The scottish can sometimes be rude and unpolite people to new things and stuff unlike the Londoners but I am sure they probably wont do it again. Plus yoshi is a good character lol.

pidgey14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Redpidgey
I am scottish myself :p Plus I have been in a different smash forum for quite some time. Still go there but there isn't as much smash as before.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I am scottish myself :p Plus I have been in a different smash forum for quite some time. Still go there but there isn't as much smash as before.
I know you are scottish lol, I meant the other scottish people like the main scottish smashers on SWF are the rude ones such as Zeppo, Mr P and them lot. What other smash forum were you on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom