• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scottish patter thread (GTFO Dutchies and LONDONERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penetrago

Smash Apprentice
I never said falco was flashy.If anything my Falco is ********.Trying to do crazy/semi suicidal things with needles is flashy.......and gets me killed.

BTW im afraid you'll find my johns sheik to be a little bit more skillful.........just a little bit.Plus you havn't even seen my Marth.

Like I said I was hungover and I did take a generous mouthfull of johns 5 mins before the final.( johns)

Im not saying im going to win("**** RIGHT!" you say)but I think Ill be better than you expect.
Sounds like ego johns if im honest.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I never said falco was flashy.If anything my Falco is ********.Trying to do crazy/semi suicidal things with needles is flashy.......and gets me killed.

BTW im afraid you'll find my sober sheik to be a little bit more skillful.........just a little bit.Plus you havn't even seen my Marth.

Like I said I was hungover and I did take a generous mouthfull of bourbon 5 mins before the final.( I was also a wee bit stoned)

Im not saying im going to win("**** RIGHT!" you say)but I think Ill be better than you expect.
You WONT win from what I saw and I think I will be better then you think I am and prob 4 stock you tbh.

Mr P

Smash Ace
My parents are going away for 2 weeks from the 4th of July which means free house and maybe a smashfest sometime between the 4th and whenever they get back, cant make money johns this time Ryan.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
So this what you guys do..

Post pictures

You need to read the london thread for some tips.

Davemans

Smash Apprentice
Fantastic Stuff

Found this on the rangers website

Stone Cold Backs The Blues!

WE ran a fantastic competition to give one Rangers fan the chance to attend the WWE Summer Bash in the SECC last night - as well as another stash of WWE goodies - and Craig Kerr was the lucky man who got to see his favourites in action.

WWE Champion John Cena, legendary WWE SuperStar Stone Cold Steve Austin, WWE diva Torrie Wilson (below) and all your favourite SmackDown! SuperStars were all in action in what was a fantastic night for wrestling fans.

Stone Cold Steve Austin is no stranger to winning so it was no surprise he chose to display his love for another set of champions during his time in Glasgow this week.

Stone Cold was clearly in the Blue corner when it came to football affiliation as he proudly displayed the new Rangers strip prior to getting in the ring!

EASY! EASY! EASY!

Amazing article, great man

Fiend's_Knee

Smash Apprentice
That fest ain't on the 7th anymore, need to change the date but that means Pikaville won't be able to go which is shame cause I wanted to face him, maybe some other time.

PS - Stone Cold has lost all my respect after claiming his allegiance to the Rearrangers

Mr P

Smash Ace
That fest ain't on the 7th anymore, need to change the date but that means Pikaville won't be able to go which is shame cause I wanted to face him, maybe some other time.

PS - Stone Cold has lost all my respect after claiming his allegiance to the Rearrangers
Since this has been cancelled i might be doing a fest on sunday the 6th of July at my house, more details later.

PS - Scottish smashers are better than irish ones

EDIT: Right now the date is tentative, probably the only reason it wil be changed is if it's bad for people. This fest will be absaloutly piping but of course because of limited tv's and stuff i have to "slightly" limit the invite list so here it is.

1. my brother... lol
2. Z
3. D
4. Kmeng
5. Ryan
6. Allan
7. Phil (can you make it ?)
8. Fiends Knee
9. Pikaville

Fiends knee you are more than welcome to come through to Perth but im sorry i cannot invite your friends to this because i just dont have the tv's and stuff, Pikaville you are welcome to come through also if you want. Both of you could probably arrange to meet D and Z in Glasgow and travel through together or whatever.

Bringing alcohol is highly encouraged and i'd like to maybe get some poker/smash drinking game sorted out, it's compulsory that people drink at this smashfest, ideas for the smash/poker drinking game are encouraged also.

I will be wearing my merchant cap for this event.

I ONLY have 2 20 inch TV's + 1 42 flat inch screen which will only be useful for brawlbag, doesnt work for melee. so the Bringing of GOOD TV's (allan) is highly encouraged at this most prestigious event, id appreciate it. I'll also need a cuibe/wii or two.

Bringing of your BEST banter is compulsory anything less and you will be kicked out so Z you will be treading a fine line for most of the night.

and i think thats about it for now.

one more thing: Any refernce made of celtic between now and the main event and you are permanantly banned from all future P events

Fiend's_Knee

Smash Apprentice
Since this has been cancelled i might be doing a fest on sunday the 6th of July at my house, more details later.

PS - Scottish smashers are better than irish ones
I never meant to imply that the fest is cancelled completely, just needs to be moved to another date however it might get cancelled anyway. But am interested in this fest, I'll try and bring some people but where abouts do you stay?

Also you still trying to get that tourny going, I know there were problems with contacting that place you were looking at but there's not been any updates at all. I might start looking for venues myself if we can't use that one.

EDIT: As soon as I posted this you updated your post so most of my questions have been answered, since its in Perth most of my mates probably won't be able to make it anyway. The date is fine if I get my shift changed, I'll b able to supply a cube, pads if needed and drink, don't know about banter though my unique comedy style might not be to your taste (or anybody's?!?)

Mr P

Smash Ace
I never meant to imply that the fest is cancelled completely, just needs to be moved to another date however it might get cancelled anyway. But am interested in this fest, I'll try and bring some people but where abouts do you stay?

Also you still trying to get that tourny going, I know there were problems with contacting that place you were looking at but there's not been any updates at all. I might start looking for venues myself if we can't use that one.

EDIT: As soon as I posted this you updated your post so most of my questions have been answered, since its in Perth most of my mates probably won't be able to make it anyway. The date is fine if I get my shift changed, I'll b able to supply a cube, pads if needed and drink, don't know about banter though my unique comedy style might not be to your taste (or anybody's?!?)
It's difficult for me to do much research on venues and stuff because i live soo far away all i can do is work with what i find online, i was planning on doing some researching for when i came through for your friends fest but that has been cancelled/delayed obviously so there's not a lot i can do till i next go through to glasgow. If you could find out anything about possible halls for rent i'd appreciate it, we still certainly plan on hosting a tournie sometime over the next few months.

Dont worry about pads, just make sure you have one for yourself and that will be fine and banter wise as long as you dont take yourself or anyone else too seriously it's all good.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
I'll probably make the fest P, if I'm not working. If I come, I'll bring a cube but my Smash is ****ed basically unless its in a Wii. Not bringing the Wii it got damaged last time I took it anywhere had to get a case swap and everything.

- Kmeng.

grayfox

Smash Champion
Great idea Euan, although for supplying anything i'm afraid i don't have a cube/wii or smash, and my tv is still in Dundee so all i can supply is a bit of banter, a dash of vodka and some all ins.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Bringing of your BEST banter is compulsory anything less and you will be kicked out so Z you will be treading a fine line for most of the night.

ROOOOOOOOFL too good.

Im all in for this. 6 million + dog of choice for side pot. Also, the choice of edibility on this venture comes from a one Alladins. Fantastic dining capabilities, I look forward to it.

Also Londoners you cause no shame on behalf of the Scottish contingent of Smashers here residing on said board with your comments, we're still loving it, cheers:laugh:

ac_anon

Smash Ace
i noticed the tv comment, im gutted, should be able to make it and i can bring a setup, possibly a tv but i think all the decent sized tvs in my house at the moment at flatscreen and may lag, i will look into it.

RangersGreg

Smash Rookie
So yeah, who does everyone main here? I main Pit, Marth ( Possibly the Greatest Final Smash ) and Lucas.

Fiend's_Knee

Smash Apprentice
I just found out I won't get my shift changed in time for this fest therefore I need to work this Sunday so I might not be able to make it. :(

I main Falco, Dorf, Yoshi and Sheik in melee, Ike, Marth and Falco in Brawl but am getting bored with Brawl already. Its alright for casual 4-players but I need melee back, I stupidly loaned it out to someone, I need my fix as its beginning to get to me

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
A great Scotsman by all means possible, Andy Murray has just battled himself a fantastic victory with an exceptionally smug performance.

I main Falcon in Melee, dont really play Brawl but if I do I'll be breaking out my DK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom