• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scottish patter thread (GTFO Dutchies and LONDONERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davemans

Smash Apprentice
I suggest we also maybe play some 10 to Ace royal holdem, fantastic times

Mr P

Smash Ace
ridiculous stuff lads, all ideas are welcome.

I want a good amount of smash played also, so i think we should start off with some smash and then get straight into the drinking/poker. imo 10 vodka shots is compulsory for everyone. who has shot glasses ?

Right now it looks like fiends knee, kieran, pikaville and phil wont be coming so if that stays like that then i wont be needing any tv's just a couple of cubes.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Gutted for Murray tonight, he'll be back though.

Btw need some banter regarding winning a hand with a 2 7 off suit. Drink a shot or 9 for that feat.

Chimera Reality

Smash Cadet
I'm from Airdrie, near Glasgow. I imported Smash a while back and I've got into it again since it's a lot easier to find matches now that the game's been released here.

So my main is Wario, I had a test with my self if I could kill a Level 9 Meta Knight then that character would be my main and the only character I could do if with was Wario.

So any events except that one in Sauchiehall Street ? I missed it since it was my mates birthday, someone who goes on the ONM forums won it as Ike though.

And Andy Murray, unlucky.

Mr P

Smash Ace
I'm from Airdrie, near Glasgow. I imported Smash a while back and I've got into it again since it's a lot easier to find matches now that the game's been released here.

So my main is Wario, I had a test with my self if I could kill a Level 9 Meta Knight then that character would be my main and the only character I could do if with was Wario.

So any events except that one in Sauchiehall Street ? I missed it since it was my mates birthday, someone who goes on the ONM forums won it as Ike though.

And Andy Murray, unlucky.
Hey, i'm having a smashfest this weekend at my place in Perth we have them pretty regularly between here and Paisley where most of the other smashers are, but i'm afraid to say that unless you like melee there wouldnt be much point in you attending as most of us dont like brawl much. Gonna try and hold a tournie in Glasgow sometime over the next few months updates about that will be posted in here. I dont mind playing the occasional game of Brawl online so if you wanna play add my msn.

Chimera Reality

Smash Cadet
Hey, i'm having a smashfest this weekend at my place in Perth we have them pretty regularly between here and Paisley where most of the other smashers are, but i'm afraid to say that unless you like melee there wouldnt be much point in you attending as most of us dont like brawl much. Gonna try and hold a tournie in Glasgow sometime over the next few months updates about that will be posted in here. I dont mind playing the occasional game of Brawl online so if you wanna play add my msn.

Aye, I love Melee but I'm more into Brawl at the moment.

Mr P

Smash Ace
everyone can come after 4 tomorrow, i need 2 cubes poker stuff shot glasses if anyone has any bring what alcohol you can, spiritis like vodka/JD etc

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Since this is basically the post a picture thread

I have something for you

From an email I recieved

Davemans

Smash Apprentice
For this years WSOP Main Event Phil Hellmuth arrived at the Rio All Suite & Hotel on Sunday afternoon riding in the back of an Army Jeep and was dressed as an 11-star general – one star for each bracelet he’s won – and was accompanied by fellow poker pro Mark Kroon and eleven ladies in a personnel carrier, all dressed in army fatigues.

Pensive

`Where theres a chip, theres a dream`

D

grayfox

Smash Champion
ROFL FS HELLMUTH! Well time has passed and i've taken it all in, time for some bold shout outs for the event:

Euan: NH, some nice banter and its good to see i'm still the best samus in Europe, i was loving it. Lookin forward to the next big event and some nice hosting.

Craig: More appreciation for the event hosted, ****in dedede in brawl.

Allan: Loads of vnhs, bold full houses and flushes and what not, impressive play really. Had to be impressed. ALL IN.

David: FS pensive Hellmuth pose looks like a winning move imo. WATP chips were nice to see, keep following those dreams.

Paul: You were lovin it at the end of the night rofl, the murrays mints were a fantastic addition to the night.

Kmeng: FFS

Federer: I'm gutted but sometimes it's just not your time, always next year, show some resolve and welcome the chase.

Nadal: nh, dreamt, lived, loved.

Mario: FS GREAT GUY NOTHING MORE TO SAY ON THE MATTER

I'll leave you with a question: what is your favorite stage? A stage is not only the place your characters go; it is your arena, your ground, this is where your time has to be. For me it goes without saying its a bold battle between fountain of dreams and dreamland - you have to have a dream.

~Ryan "pocket sevens" Lawliet~

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
ROOOOFL fantastic banter of the crazy variety since yester times.

The fest was crazy banter all round and much enjoyment was had on my part, good crack.

Mr P

Smash Ace
haha Ryan, i did not even expect to win one match but lets be fair now. I 2 stocked your samus in a ditto on dreamland and thats all that matters, i might practice samus just so i will beast you every game next time. And i dont think you realise how good i am in brawl either, we'll play it next time also. You are a crazy mother****er.

Overall i think this fest was absaloutly piping and everything went really good apart from the fact that my brother did absaloutly nothing to help set anything up and he didnt help with tidying up at all except for helping me lift the table back in place, thanks for that.

allan thanks for the wii + mario galaxy + the wii remotes that didnt have any battieries, we got it working in the end. You are smug as hell in poker as in smash.

Poker was piping in general, fourth in the first game then second twice not bad for my second time playing i think.

My snake is still unbeaten in friendlies, i welcome the chase. Brawl sucks

and with that said i think i can also pretty much speak for everyone in the mafia when i say that we are basically done with smash on a competitive level. Smasfests and stuff are good times and im def all in for that but when it comes to travelling for tournies and stuff i think most of us have lost any motivation we had before. With regards to the tournie we were looking to host in Glasgow it seems like it is dead in the water but what i am considering doing is hosting a Scottish smash based tournie in my garage (rather like Pfest1) sometime providing my parents are ok with it, this would be like all of the scottish guys + some others like Phil is welcome of course but i would need to cap it at around 15-20 people.

Since my parents wont be home until next weekend i'd like to squeeze another one of these fest in for sometime early next week. I am thinking Monday Tuesday Wednesday but you need to let me know what day is best.

Kind regards and thanks for listening.
-P-

grayfox

Smash Champion
₱ says (18:33):
so noone has let me know what days are good for a fest yet
Acassa DeRuns says (18:33):
4-2-3-1 and boyd would tear it up
David Boyle says (18:33):
ive had him up before
David Boyle says (18:33):
im going for it again
Ryan (R) says (18:33):
any but saturday or tuesday for me

Mr P

Smash Ace
ok so we have ryan who is good for any day except tuesday

Kieran who is only good for tuesday

allan who says he might not be good for any day but he doesnt know yet

and

D who is good for anyday

WTF....

-P-

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
rofl sounds like you just got hit by a charge shot XD

Aiko is coming to Scotland sometime next week if you could re-schedule it for later in said week. Speak to Kieran Monaghan for more details.

=~the one and only Z~=

Mr P

Smash Ace
I've decided on Tuesday, coz Kieran already missed out last time. If ryan and allan wanna come then they'll just have to give up poker night.

-P-

EDIT: AIKO WHAT IS GOING ON ??? POST !!!

J03

Smash Master
As a fan of the award winning comedy 'Green Wing' i thought everyone should recognise Vanity Angels acting ability, here he is on the red carpet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom