• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scottish patter thread (GTFO Dutchies and LONDONERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davemans

Smash Apprentice
New records:

Jiggs- 389.6 Davemans
G&W- 279.5 Zeppo
Falco- 110.4 Davemans
Ganon- 281.1 Zeppo
Samus-85.4 Davemans
Sheik- 67.7 Zeppo
Bowser- 226.3 Davemans

Brutal,some might say.I would agree with those people.

Cr0uching_Marth

Smash Rookie
Hi guys, I live in the North of England, Cumbria, it's closer to scotland than it is to London so I thought I'd introduce myself:)

I play with Marth and I'm 16 thats about it.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Hey Cr0uching_Marth,there are also smashers in Newcastle which is pretty near the border,might be better?All scottish smashers live in Glasgow or upwards :-/

Oh yeah and sons man up.Next fest we should do some sort of tourney I think and Im going to look into getting the uni behind my house as a venue soon.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Well, d'you know if they will let you, and if so, why not hold a large tournament? or is that what you mean, we could always split the costs and what-not if you need cash for it - Matt

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Good luck son,you might want to use your Bullets on them Bill.

Matt:I havent checked with them about using the venue but since its at a weekend its quite likely.dont know about splitting costs,depends on how much it'd be.Large tourney is very doubtful since we have absolutely no housing lol,unless I can persuade to use my house.

Mr P

Smash Ace
Just making it clear here that i want to host a big fest at my house next weekend, last practice before ROS4. It'll all be down to whether my parents will let me do so, it should be ok though because i want to do it in my garage where we'll be out the way. My garage has been renovated recently so we got a heater in there a beer fridge and a pool table, i could prolly get about 5 or more setups in there but i wont have the TV's. I got 2 20 inch tv's and 1 16 we could use...... MAYBE the 32 inch widescreen if my parents allow me to move it into the garage for the day, that should be enough, but ill need 1 or 2 cubes. All the scottish people are welcome so i hope that the following people will show

Mr P
Cpt Zeppo
Davemans
GEEK28
ac anon
matt
kieran
grayfox

Thats 8 of us, a decent number enough to have some sort of mini tournie anyway. Hopefully we can get this organised for next saturday, it should be good as long as my parents allow it.

Kone

Smash Master
crouching : live in newcastle, always up for a game. whereabouts in cumbria?

ryan : you making sweden? ^_^

Mr P

Smash Ace
Ok guys so im going to ask my folks about this tomorrow, here's hoping. allan says he can bring 2 or 3 tv's so we sorted for that but i will need some set ups so post here if you will bring a cube so i can keep count, i have 1 cube and a wii so thats 2, i need 3-4 more set ups. Maybe REACHER can make this trip, he's welcome to come if he wants ill post here tomorrow whether its all good and he could head to pauls on friday if he wants. It'll be good times. Scotland is definately the place to be imho

Peach outz

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Scotland is the place to be imo too.Imo,its the place to be.If I was to choose a place to be right now,it'd be Scotland hands down.Every other place?They have their moments,but they are no Scotland:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Mr P

Smash Ace
UPDATE:

Saturday is on !

I need a list of who can bring what. I need cubes and ALLAN tell me here what tv's you can bring and what size they are, i also need extension leads. POST HERE :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

TV's 4 confirmed

2 - 20 inch tv's
1 - 16 inch tv
1 - 23 inch

MAYBE

1 - 32 inch WS
more from allan

CUBES - sorted

we're are doing round robin SINGLES and TEAMS so get your teams partner sorted soon. Round robin with finals for both singles and teams.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
No johns to all really.Bit of fly Badda,bit of fly Bing.What is this TNJ2,but a piece of ****e,when compared to a Scottish smashfest.IMO.

Kone

Smash Master
pfft @ phil. hope turning up all the way at perth means your practicing to make sweden ;). just book for sweden man, fly with paul n euan from glasgow!

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Hey Phil! I wanna play alot of Link vs Link with you to see if my Link has actually gotten any better, practicing like hell right now, hope it is getting better, no more troubles with DI and Canceling anymore like I did at Edster! Yas! :D

hope to see you there man. :) Good days if you do turn up son. :)

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
So thats:

Captain Zeppo(:chuckle:)
Mister Pokemon(:laugh:)
GEEK28
Grayfox
Reacher
Davemans(possibly)
AllanCameron_Anonymous(:laugh:)
Foulplay
Poof Vanity(:laugh:)
Samus-legend3(Tom the new Scottish Samus on the block:laugh:)

10 players imo.A good shout.
So round-robin and then top 2 play in finals?Or top 4 bracket?State your opinions imo.
It looks like best of 5,with YS,PS,DL64,FD,FoD,BF,KJ64 and Mute faggy as stages.Daves Stupid Rule on.

Kieran imo bring recording equipment.What have you got?

Mr P

Smash Ace
P fest 1

guy above is a ****** imho :laugh::laugh::laugh:

imo top 2 for finals.

so far i know the teams are looking something like this

P and Z
geek and grayfox
david and allan
matt and kieran

that leaves phil with samus scrub829 :laugh::laugh::laugh: too slow son

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
By the way anyone think they have anything to bring to the keepy-up table bring it imo.

400 posts imo,not quite Gfox yet but getting there:laugh:

grayfox

Smash Champion
lol gettin there son. Keep dreamin you might reach this plateau yet. I suggest just the 3 good stages and i'm lookin forward to seeing this new samus scrub

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Mmm, Euan I might end up playing Doubles with Reacher as I don't play well in Doubles with Matt. Right enough, I'm not actually sure if I could ever be good at doubles! LOL. [If that's okay with him obviously.]

Paul, I'll check to see if the recording equipment still works, It's had faults in the past and made the screen blurry as hell or made it shake or just not work at all son. [I'll check if after school today]

If anyone has an S-VIDEO GAMECUBE ADAPTOR then bring it as my Laptop Screen is no where near able for playing on, it slows down when your staring at it and makes it look like you're playing on 50HZ, but this doesn't happen when you have an S-Video, which are hard as hell to find... >.<

So yeah, if anyone has an S-Video, bring it, Either S-VIDEO for Wii or S-Video for GameCube, bring either, aslong as we have one cable. (I bet no one has one.)

Looking forward to this now. :p

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Update:
Recording has been solved thanks to my RGB cable for GameCube and Euan's recordable DVD player. So, problem solved guys. :)

Oh yeah, teaming with Phil now so LSK2 and ScottishSamus3 are teaming.

Yes, I was too lazy to edit the other post, plus everyone seems to be double posting anyway. No Johns.

Mr P

Smash Ace
IMPORTANT

I need extension cables so if you have one bring it, id much rather have more than i need than less.

I have 2 cubes, i know allan is bringing one, PAUL ? KIERAN bring a cube !!!

I've already set up a couple of the tv's no idea how i am going to organise the rest tomorrow. ALLAN let me know what is happening with TV's post info in here PLEASE.

I cant do all this myself i just dont have the equipment, i need almost everyone to do something so let me know whats happening in this thread. :cool: If anything goes wrong, its NOT my fault :laugh::laugh::laugh:

oh, and try not to turn up before 1

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
I've piped down, I'm going back to the drawing board, I'm re-working on the Link, It needs serious work, :(

Sorry for the johns, but it need serious work, Thanks Phil for teaming with me. :)

Mr P

Smash Ace
EZ PZ wins teams 12 pts

geek and grayfox second 9 pts

davemans and annon third 9 pts

Phil and Kieran fourth 4 pts

matt and tom fifth 3 pts

We didnt finish the round robin of singles so there's no results.

Davemans

Smash Apprentice
nice fest P, my set with phil was a highlight but i think we can all agree the true greatness came in the form of team ac-dc imo:chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom