• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scientology

omfgomfg

Smash Lord
Your eyes happened to drift to my location, I see.
scientology is the only religion
it is awesome and will liberate you from your earthly chains
follow hubbard's ways and the world will finally come to eternal peace
there is no way one person could do so much without being enlightened
we must all achieve the state of clear and expel our inner thetans
these are extreme detriments to your health and vitality. you must join our ranks today if you wish to seek true peace and world betterment.
our website is scientology.org

Guys, I was kidding. I really hate Scientology. It is one of the most detestable cults in the world. It has destroyed the lives of hundreds of people worldwide. It has destroyed the families of others. It has caused much judicial and political corruption. It has taken the money from many of its own followers, and it employs the use of well known celebrity figures such as Tom Cruise to suck other people into its hole. Action needs to be taken immediately to stop it. Do you agree?

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Religion is to place one's life into context.
No offense, but Scientology... doesn't seem to do that :(
But I suppose people can believe what they choose, and all we can do is respect that.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Denis Leary said it best, we laugh at Scientology believing we are aliens who escaped a war, but we find it ok for a Virgin to give birth? All religion is pretty ridiculous out of context.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Well when the nukes are dropped into all the earths major volacanoes causing the apocolypse we'll see whos laughing......No seriously Scientology is ********,(especially the part I just mentioned)as is religion in general.Look at all the war,social separation,extremism caused by religion(sorry ill save this for another thread)

Vinnie275

Smash Master
Xdadepsak's Closet, along with Ender, Mkiller, and
Scientology is a business that produces money for the highest ranking clergy.
If you plan to join and not spend money, it will be a terrible recreational experience.

Because that's all it really is, like a lame vacation. You spend a lot of money, then when you get back you're worn out from it and need something better.

antimatter

Smash Lord
just want to say god can do anything, since he's, you know, a god. and i just laugh at scientology. an evil lord xenu who caused alien souls to go in our bodies and keeping us from reaching our full potential?
bua ha ha ha ha!

Tryptomine

Smash Journeyman
I'm really not quite sure what to think when it comes to Scientology. While I personally detest religion, I think it is people's right to beleive in whatever claptrap they wish. And, really, their claims aren't any more ridiculous then some "traditional" religious claims. However, I also think there is no denying that the Church of Scientology has become at least as much a business organization as a religious one. The well documented history of their questionable ethics and shady practices would be more then enough to get any real business shut down, and yet because Scientology is able to hide behind that veil of religion things become considerably more complicated.

Vinnie275

Smash Master
A virgin can't get pregnant. Period.
Not through person to person copulation.

It is not unreasonable to speculate that a supernatural being, with hypothetical omni-powers, could do such a thing.

Then your argument would rest on whether you believe what you see, or what you feel. In other words, faith. I somehow see you as the faithless type. In this of course I am referring to faith of supernatural beings with omni powers.

If you believe what you see or what you feel, either or, could you not also argue that perhaps your perception, along with many others could be incorrect.

Finally is it not strange to then conclude that despite anything you have experienced, perhaps the truth is different than what you believe it to be?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
The whole bible thing makes no sense to me, people say one dude wrote the bible. That in itself is hard to believe.

Scientology sounds just as bad too, I prefer to have no religion, because honestly the whole thing is a mess but people have a right to believe what they want.

omfgomfg

Smash Lord
Your eyes happened to drift to my location, I see.
The topic was not created to advertise it, Mic, it was created to see who was aware of its corruption.
Scientology, as a religion, would be perfectly OK to believe in as Crimson King suggests. However, the scams and conspiracies within it are absolutely unacceptable. This is what makes it such a ridiculous organization. In my book, it's even worse than the Mafia. It's an organization of crime at the highest level.

EDIT: I'm an atheist.

girdhar

Smash Rookie
Hi,
what is Scientology ? I never heard of it ,
If you have more Idea about it then please feel free to share .
I quite eager to know about Scientology.

Vinnie275

Smash Master
The topic was not created to advertise it, Mic, it was created to see who was aware of its corruption.
Scientology, as a religion, would be perfectly OK to believe in as Crimson King suggests. However, the scams and conspiracies within it are absolutely unacceptable. This is what makes it such a ridiculous organization. In my book, it's even worse than the Mafia. It's an organization of crime at the highest level.

EDIT: I'm an atheist.
that is most wise

Gamer4Fire

PyroGamer
BRoomer
The whole bible thing makes no sense to me, people say one dude wrote the bible. That in itself is hard to believe.
The bible was written by Paul and Peter and Mark and Mathew and Moses and John and another John and Luke and...

Vinnie275

Smash Master
...se to me, people say one dude wrote the bible. That i...
This is a new age philosophy that young people adopt so that they can claim they are devout while living sinful lives.

The "one person" is Paul, the fellow that wrote many but not all of the New Testament.
Including Romans, which outlines the rules for living a Christian life. Therefore christians that want to be gangsters, steal, lie, and **** everything with a skirt claim that they follow only Jesus' teachings and ignore "Pauline Doctrine" as they refer to it.

However the New Testament states that if you omit a passage from the book (interpret this how you will:) then this omission will lose it's relevance to your life.

This is not exactly what it says, perhaps I'm being a bad communicator here. For an example, say you omit "drunkedness" from whichever passage says that, by drinking excessively without moderation in a form that destroys your spiritual life and corrupts those around you. As you omit the passage from the Bible that says not to be a drunkard, then you sinning? This is a hard scripture to understand without the actual verse, nevermind lol XD

Snake King 1

Smash Apprentice
Checking every character for weaknesses, for &quot
scientology is the only religion
it is awesome and will liberate you from your earthly chains
follow hubbard's ways and the world will finally come to eternal peace
there is no way one person could do so much without being enlightened
we must all achieve the state of clear and expel our inner thetans
these are extreme detriments to your health and vitality. you must join our ranks today if you wish to seek true peace and world betterment.
our website is scientology.org

Guys, I was kidding. I really hate Scientology. It is one of the most detestable cults in the world. It has destroyed the lives of hundreds of people worldwide. It has destroyed the families of others. It has caused much judicial and political corruption. It has taken the money from many of its own followers, and it employs the use of well known celebrity figures such as Tom Cruise to suck other people into its hole. Action needs to be taken immediately to stop it. Do you agree?
at first when i started to read i was going to say"WTF!!! scientology worships useless machines and hackers could ruin their lives easily. this is the worst cult, it's not even that. how would you worship something a human has made when any n00b could dismantle it or just shoot it or blow it up!!! i don't care if you're islam, christian, or jewish, as long as u believe in 1 God, you're ok in my book. someone should form the anti-scientolgy club :mad::mad::mad::mad:
the only reason atheists are atheists is they don't want to face the fact there is a more powerful in the world and that's God. the universe couldn't create us without God ,we would have no emotions, attitudes, ideas, or soul
face it atheists, there is a God, just accept it

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I'm not sure exactly what Zapdos275 was trying to say, but if I'm thinking what I think he's thinking...

People thought that believing in Jesus, which cleansed one from sin, meant you could live as immorally as you wanted because you were saved by faith and grace. Paul told them no.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
at first when i started to read i was going to say"WTF!!! scientology worships useless machines and hackers could ruin their lives easily. this is the worst cult, it's not even that. how would you worship something a human has made when any n00b could dismantle it or just shoot it or blow it up!!! i don't care if you're islam, christian, or jewish, as long as u believe in 1 God, you're ok in my book. someone should form the anti-scientolgy club :mad::mad::mad::mad:
the only reason atheists are atheists is they don't want to face the fact there is a more powerful in the world and that's God. the universe couldn't create us without God ,we would have no emotions, attitudes, ideas, or soul
Prove it. Science has a lot more compelling reasons for everything you explained other than some imaginary man in the sky.

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
Alright then, time for logic. The burden of proof of an idea falls upon the one who proclaims it. You have proclaimed that there is a god, so therefore it is now your job to prove it.

But let me go ahead and run through how the argument's going to turn out:

Religion: There is a God because of everything here. How could everything have been created if there was no God? You can't say it's just existed forever, because at one point, it would have had to be created by something.

Atheism: If that's the case, then what of God himself? Wouldn't he have to have been created by something as well? Doesn't this create an infinite string of more powerful gods?

Religion: No, because God has always existed, He didn't have to be created.

Atheism: Then what makes you say that the universe had to have been created? If God can exist forever, can't that same concept be applied to the universe?

Religion: No, because the universe is natural, whereas God is divine and supernatural. Natural things have to be created; supernatural things do not.

Atheism: And what proof do you have of this?

...and so on and so forth. Also, I'm curious, how do you define the term "atheist?" (I'm asking Snake King).

(By the way, for the record, I'm theological noncognitivist. I don't care one way or the other whether or not there is a God, and I don't care about religion itself either. I believe that bothering oneself with the question of a higher power is meaningless)

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
I was going to go to the Melbourne protest on the 10th but I had work a couple hours after it started and it wouldn't have been worth me going. I'll most likely go to the next one if I'm able to.

TheFifthMan

Smash Journeyman
A couple blocks away from Purdue University
Scientology is the biggest load of **** the world has ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPol_m8wm8Y
oh man, this video was full of epic fail on the part of the scilons. They looked like elementary school bullies, not giving any straight answers, "constantly attacking" as Co$ policy has taught them. And Bunker was just awesome, being all cool and **** while the scilon bull-baiters were all like, "WHAT ARE YOUR CRIMES? WHAT ARE YOUR CRIMES?"

and the end... "Enjoy the ferris wheel!"

Epic win, Wise Beard Man, epic win.

kennypoopoo

Smash Apprentice
I personnally dont believe in any religion. because we lear as we become adults tat fairy tales dont exist. But Scientology is the one religion I actually have a problem with. I had a friend that went to one of the anti scientology protests in Toronto and they got the church to shut down for the whole day good job.

Darkslash

Smash Master

Scientology sounds just as bad too, I prefer to have no religion, because honestly the whole thing is a mess but people have a right to believe what they want.
Are you talking about the Christian bible or some other bible.

They thought us in school that the Christian Bible was made by multiple people over time. They collected,translated and wrote the bible. All that "one person wrote the bible" is so last Generation like saying masses in Latin.

Any ways back on Scientology. That thing is such a ploy to get money. If they are even willing to kill people for it, then we have a problem

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I was going to say something witty like "all hail Xenu" but then noticed this was a moderately old thread and that my witticism would have been wasted on a stale thread.

Top Bottom