• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scariest Video Game moment?

miller483

Smash Ace
What scared you the most in a video game? For me personally, the Piano from Super Mario 64 and the Giant Skulltulas from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

The Skulltulas scared the **** outta me when I was a kid. To this day I still haven't completed the Shadow Temple.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
I have horrible nerves when ever something pops out at me, so Resident Evil scared the poop out of me when my cousin forced me to play it...

NG7

Smash Lord
Probably playing through the Cargo Bays in System Shock 2.

I was always trying to beat that area but kept dying. Worst of all it scared the crap out of me.

I remember just staring at the shortcut on my desktop to the game a few times just conflicted about whether I should try again or not.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Doom 3. I had to play in 30minute-hour blocks because I just started getting too freaked out.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Resident evil 4, the first time I got chainsawed from behind.
RE4 When the knights pop out of know were when you play as ashley. i screamed so loud. XD
Resident Evil 4 disappointed me scare-wise.
The Ganardos’ just didn't cut it for me. Though, when that villager popped out of the furnace, burning, and so suddenly? I jumped then. The regenerators were kinda creepy also. More disturbing though.

As for the Knights, I totally was ready for it. It's such a cliché, how could they NOT put them in? :laugh:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Resident Evil has given me pretty of ''Holy crap!" moments.

Resident Evil 1: The first encounter with the zombie dogs.

Resident Evil 3: Every time Nemesis comes after you.

Resident Evil 4: The chainsaw Ganados and the Priests and their creepy chanting.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
lol @ the Mario 64 piano comment.

Scariest moment?

That Pyramid Head man scene in Silent Hill 2 (I think).

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
most likely when i was playing silent hill 4 at my friends house. he made us turn all the lights off in the basement. the loading screen with that weird thing having a seizure in the background freaked me out.

Marty

Smash Apprentice
Shockers

- Bioshock, when standing [looting] by a desk in the medical facility and you are confronted by a motionless splicer as you turn around. The way he's standing SO CLOSE TO YOU.
- FarCry, first encounter with a trygen. Swipe, all armour gone, swipe, dead.

Freakers

- Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, when Heimdall is discovered frozen.
- Return from Castle Wolfenstein, hearing the crack of the snipers and the ping next to my feet on the paratrooper level.
- Aliens vs Predator 2, seeing the Xenomorphs chase you on the last Marine mission.

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
KILLER 7, the creatures,and their movements are just wrong, the way they lunge at you, the way they scream. Dont make me relive that hell (Good game, but it just scares the hell out of me).

digitalmaster287

Smash Journeyman
The beginning of Resident Evil 4 really creeped me out just because it was my first time playing a horror game. The next and I think last time I got scared was in the same game when the chain saw guy jumped me from behind.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
Resident Evil Zero on the train with Rebecca. You constantly pass this refridgerator thats shaking in the kitchen. The ONE time that your not expecting it, a flaming zombie jumps out.

SSBMasterFox

Smash Ace
I live in a little place called Strawberry, Arkans
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

A lot of different stuff in that creeped me out. "Blue Screens of Death," suddenly being 2 feet tall with no weapons, statues staring at you. I jumped and yelled when the dead body (hallucination) shock-screamed its way out of that bathtub. Sometimes your limbs start randomly falling off, one by one.

When my television's volume bar popped up and started turning itself down, though, I paused the game and had to leave the room for a few minutes. Creeee-py.

miller483

Smash Ace

A lot of different stuff in that creeped me out. "Blue Screens of Death," suddenly being 2 feet tall with no weapons, statues staring at you. I jumped and yelled when the dead body (hallucination) shock-screamed its way out of that bathtub. Sometimes your limbs start randomly falling off, one by one.

When my television's volume bar popped up and started turning itself down, though, I paused the game and had to leave the room for a few minutes. Creeee-py.
Yeah, I heard some crazy **** happened in that game. When my brother was playing it, he told me that it looked like the TV turned off. Another one was that the game took him to the Gamecube's memory card manager and started erasing all of the save files....pretty weird.

SSBMasterFox

Smash Ace
I live in a little place called Strawberry, Arkans
Yeah. Once, you'd walk into a room, but when you got inside, it was only big enough to literally hold 1 person, so you turn around and the door is locked shut by a board-lock. Your character just looks out the little viewing hole. The screen goes black, your character screams, and then you reappear outside the room. If you go in again, it's just a normal room.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Meh. I don't have any of those "M" games like Resident Evil, etc.

In fact, the scariest moment is on The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, when the music that plays when an enemy is near is playing while there's no enemies in sight (it actually freaks mii out).

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
From the original Resident Evil, when the wolves, or what ever they were jumped through the two windows while you were meandering peacefully down a hallway.

EDIT- Also, in FEAR, when you first encounter the small girl and you get chased by the wall of flame. I can agree with RE4, not terribly scary, but it had it's moments.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
This topic makes me wish I had bought Eternal Darkness, but I was too young at the time to buy an M rated game. Ah, now it's too late.

There were only three parts of Resident Evil 4 which startled me. Once at the begining of the game when you walk through a doorway, turn around, and see woman impaled to the wall through her face with a pitchfork. The other was when a burning zombie burst out of a refridgerator. The regenorators, though they didn't scare me, gave me the willies.

I want Eternal Darkness so badly. :(

Gaara♥

Smash Master
I'd have to say the blind prisoners with giant claws from RE4
I mean YOU KNOW they are going to pop out and attack
but it still scared me to death

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
LOL aw really? I call them Poochie because they go GARRUUFFF XD

But ya I can think of three off the top of my head:

1. There's this room in RE2 where there's a piece of glass, you go in there to get some sorta key...no I think it was a cable. Well whatever, I was young when I played it so it scared the crap outta me when I got my item then went to leave the room and A LICKER JUMPED THROUGH THE WINDOW scaring me half to death D: crycry...

2. SH2...any Pyramid Head moment T_T

3. RE4, getting decapitated for the first time, totally was NOT expecting that -_-

I'm sure there are others, but those three stand out the most to me.

Dinner

Smash Apprentice
RE4 Mercenaries: Chainsaw Sounds in Waterworld. Cause you know head falling off is imminent

That too X_X

Stryks

Smash Hero
The regenerators from RE4, I once got so scraed, i shot its legs and waisted all of my ammo when he was on the floor... he was still alive afterwards...

iMichael

Smash Lord
I'd have to say Manhunt where you had to fight the pig in the attic!...Now that was just too d*** scary...if anyone has played that game knows what I'm talking about.

Weed

Smash Lord
Some of these things, especially Eternal Darkness, sound like creepy ****.

The first time I played Super Mario 64, when you run down the first boss hallway, and Peach's face turns into Bowser...and the floor opens..disturbed me.

In Metal Gear Solid 3, when The Sorrow hits you with his liquid beam attack, and that super-loud screech with the creepy face pops up..
I had my sound turned up fairly loud, and it was late at night, that definitely scared me.

Also, not video game related, but the first time I saw a "Screamer" video (hope you know what I'm talking about) I'll never forget that..lol..

spindash

Smash Ace
I heard that the Fatal Frame series is supposed to be freaky. That and Doom 3. Otherwise I got the most paranoid about...hmmm...

OH! The ReDeads from Wind Waker. They're freakier then the Ocarina of Time ones! @_@ *shudders*

Tank McCannon

Smash Journeyman
As far as "jump out and scare you" parts, the winner is when you examine the bathtub in Eternal Darkness. If you haven't done this, I urge all of you to go rent the game just so you can examine the bathtub.

As far as something that's just really creepy, I'd have to go with Silent Hill 4. When you look out of the peep hole in your door, Walter Sullivan walks to your door, looks right back at you, and walks away. Creepy as Hell.

fralf

Smash Rookie

Looks like it worked! The game designers put things like that in to make the player think (s)he is losing his/her mind.

Anyway, my scariest moment would be the people coming out of the walls in SH4. My friend noticed that one looked like James Brown, so that made it better.

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
Hm... Probably the ReDeads from OoT when I was little. As soon as I got the Sun Song, every time I heard "Uuuuh!" I whipped out my Ocarina.

Also, Clue for the SNES. One time Mr. Green was the murderer and I accused him w/ a false scenereo... The look on his face when he got away w/ it...and the scary music it plays...

I don't think I'll get any sleep tonight. And I'll never know how Mr. Green did it! D=>

Top Bottom