• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

thumbswayup

Smash Master
People musta just not been watching his vids. I sucked back in 08 but I knew when I saw SS vids coming out every week he was the best. Doesn't take a genius to realize anyone who can beat Mango and the rest of the WC with Falcon is amazing.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
hax #1
SS #2

hax finished in the money @ P4 AND P5.

maybe ss #1 if he gets back in tourney shape.

we'll see how darkrain does @ SMYM 12. if he wins he might be #1 again.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
lol i remember the days before pound 4 when everyone thought Jeff was one of those overrated all-flash no-substance players who was only doing well because he was used to playing in his region so much.

its kinda stupid the blind hate he used to get circa 08-09
People hated SS for the same reason people hate Daigo, the massive amount of scrubby **** riders that knew nothing but "0mG w0mbo combo Pwnz all the other falcons!!!1!". That died down though.

D

Deleted member

i am 99% sure scar said he was switching to fox because he just watched perfect dark

0Room

Smash Lord
I felt so bad for that Ganon bouncing back and forth between those two.
Poor guy.
He didn't even deserve it.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
i shouldn't have drank so much on the last night

= (
loooooool i frankly do not see the issue with that unless you were like ****faced or something

after giving your everything for 2 days straight at a tourney of that scale you're usually too worn out to learn much on the last night anyway so smashing while drunk just to relax and have fun could just as well be a good idea to let your brain take stuff in better

= )

D

Deleted member

i basically had 3-4 cups of 80% rum + 20 % coke

(had some beers too)

then scar brought a wine bottle to the room which i quickly drank half in one go for no reason

5 minutes later i lost consciousness but was still awake

i somehow was brought to canadas room and apparently I was being so freaking loud that MacD had me evicted

i wake up 4 hours later lying on my bed, the 2nd most sick i've ever been from drinking and i ****ed up my toe

i gotta go all out baby

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
roney, i live down here now

for your sake, i wont make any guarantees yet, but it seems i'll get to play dark within the week, and i will let you know if its TAS or not after that

Walt

Smash Ace
man I've love to play drinking games at a big tourney. Like double deck 10 person Kings Cup or something. Or maybe snake'em if people want to just get super ****ed up.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
yea s2j you wer ebeing recklessly loud. It was actually funny for a while but we thoguht we were gonna in toruble so u had to go.

Im a huge drinker myself, but I don't do it at tournaments. I have every weekend (and most weekdays) to get s**tfaced in college, but its a rare chance I get to play smash with hundreds of people i've never met.

Pr0jecT

Smash Ace
pound was ****

reneblade roneblaster blastroner is the ****

s2j is the homie

falcon is still a ****ty character

Roneblaster

Smash Hero

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I'm entering a doubles tournament soon, I need some general tips about Falcon in doubles (since I've never played doubles before in tournament) I know Falcon is better in Teams cause of the craziness of Teams that you can get a lot of Knees in. What are some general tips (i.e how to save your partner < I'm thinking up-air would be good, general tactics-etc)

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Dtilt if somebody is edgehogging against your teammate
Team techchasing *****
Raptor boost to break apart bundles, sometimes it's worth it even damaging your teammate
You can be more aggressive offstage if your teammate is attentive

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Cover the option that's away from your teammate if you both are open to techchase someone
Knee a lot
If you're being 2v1'd use Falcon's dashdance to just run around doing low Knees on shield -> run the hell away
A lot of the time they'll be going for shield grabs (because why not right) so you can usually knee their shields for free

Grab a lot if you notice them cowering in shield
Just make sure you throw them before their teammate can retaliate

An awesome trick I saw Scar and Shroomed doing in teams is when their teammate gets grabbed, wavedash into them and shield while your teammate mashes
As soon as they break out you get a free grab

Windrose

Smash Lord
i basically had 3-4 cups of 80% rum + 20 % coke

(had some beers too)

then scar brought a wine bottle to the room which i quickly drank half in one go for no reason

5 minutes later i lost consciousness but was still awake

i somehow was brought to canadas room and apparently I was being so freaking loud that MacD had me evicted

i wake up 4 hours later lying on my bed, the 2nd most sick i've ever been from drinking and i ****ed up my toe

i gotta go all out baby
d2b : drink 2 bottles

D

Deleted member

if 2 people are double teaming ur partner and you want to gamble do a jumpin falcon punch

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the tips guys. I have a feeling my teammate won't be able to keep up with everyone else in the matches as far as speed and getting kills (they're kinda inexperienced) so what should I do to make sure we don't get *****?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Tell him to stay in shield and shieldgrab a bunch
Fly around the screen ****** anyone who thinks they can 2v1 your teammate for free

I mean, if he's just not that good at Melee then it's up to you to carry him haha

Also Dr PeePee viewing this thread o.O Sup Peepee

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
Tell him to stay in shield and shieldgrab a bunch
Fly around the screen ****** anyone who thinks they can 2v1 your teammate for free

I mean, if he's just not that good at Melee then it's up to you to carry him haha

Also Dr PeePee viewing this thread o.O Sup Peepee
:p sounds like a plan
thanks for the advice! Hopefully the Knee of Justice can prevail.

Top Bottom