• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Scar

#HarveyDent
**** bigD i'm really glad i put you in the title of this thread lol you are ******. anyways yeah fox blows you can't beat him at the highest level of play IMO without luck, luck to give you kill opportunities and luck to give you momentum.

also sigs only show up now when post character count is greater than or equal to sig character count.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
i think ive posted more characters than my sig before, but im gonna go ahead and put that to the test by ranting a little bit here

so i tried playing falcon on green greens the other day and i hated it, the only cp levels i did ok at all on really were mute and brinstar

nobody ask me for advice for fighting sheik cause im not gonna play that matchup anymore in tournament

im pretty sure this is longer than my sig

edit: yeah no luck

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
**** bigD i'm really glad i put you in the title of this thread lol you are ******. anyways yeah fox blows you can't beat him at the highest level of play IMO without luck, luck to give you kill opportunities and luck to give you momentum.

also sigs only show up now when post character count is greater than or equal to sig character count. THANK YOU MOGWAI FOR TELLING ME HOW **** WORKS. I ****ING LOVE YOU.
hey, you should cite your source on that... :mad088:

ps. big d, it counts tags and stuff that doesn't show up and stuff, so you'd be surprised sometimes.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
i would consider that one step ahead

basically im saying to consistently beat/trade with fox's aerials, you need to be doing yours before you see them do theirs and not as a reaction to them jumping up high or shffling

so we agree really
Usually when people say that they mean mentally, but yeah you definitely have to start the nair way earlier than Fox.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Usually when people say that they mean mentally, but yeah you definitely have to start the nair way earlier than Fox.
I have recently discovered that this is untrue. You want to beat Fox's nair w yours, and CFs priority comes from the range on nair. I found that many ec foxes wait for nair so they can jump in between the 2 hits, even if they don't time it right it trades and trading with Fox is always bad.

The idea then is to time a spaced nair st the first hit connects at max range, which is rarely a fast nair.

NES n00b

Smash Master
The idea then is to time a spaced nair st the first hit connects at max range, which is rarely a fast nair.
Right...or the second hit (which lol how will they run into something like that) but you still have to do the nair earlier than fox. If I recall, Falcon is a five frame jumper while fox is a four frame jumper with Falcon's nair having more windup lag.

So you have to do it earlier than Fox.....and have to be precise in that the first hit of the nair hits the tip of his foot.

Fox is dumb.

Scar

#HarveyDent
No, that is wrong. It doesn't matter when you do it, Fox's nair can be out first and if you're spaced right your nair will blatantly win. No trade, just you kicking Fox twice. No good Fox will run into the 2nd hit of nair.

NES n00b

Smash Master
No, that is wrong. It doesn't matter when you do it, Fox's nair can be out first and if you're spaced right your nair will blatantly win. No trade, just you kicking Fox twice. No good Fox will run onto the 2nd hit of nair.
Maybe this is coming out wrong....but from what I see....the objective to beat out fox's nair is to have your first hit out to hit his foot IE as long as the first hit is out and you are spaced away from fox you will win. However.....Falcon has a slower nair and jump so you have to input the attack before the fox in order for a situation like above to occur.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Fox's nair lasts for about 3 hours so if he fulljump nairs you will certainly jump and kick after he does, but I see what you mean and typically you're right

Book!

Smash Journeyman
How do you beat Scar/BigD/NesNoob in CF dittos? I have failed on all counts.

NES n00b

Smash Master
How do you beat Scar/BigD/NesNoob in CF dittos? I have failed on all counts.
Wait...I don't remember you. I played someone from Nebraska (whose name escapes me right now), big burn, bigD, Tink, and Khepri in Falcon dittos at Show Me Your Moves 9. Please remind me of when this happened.

go DK :3 nesnoob wont know what happened
Tom...you and I both know this doesn't work. Ask Iori. >_>

Edit: Kage....don't make me sound like it is that easy to beat me....even though it is. v_v

Book!

Smash Journeyman
We played a couple of friendlies on that TV behind the main ring of setups (my Ganon hit a sexy sliding jab before getting 3 stocked). I just stumbled upon this thread and thought it was funny that I've been brutalized by all the main contributors. Keep up the good work.

NES n00b

Smash Master
We played a couple of friendlies on that TV behind the main ring of setups (my Ganon hit a sexy sliding jab before getting 3 stocked). I just stumbled upon this thread and thought it was funny that I've been brutalized by all the main contributors. Keep up the good work.
XD that's right. The only Ganon player I played there besides that Admin's name I can't spell. (Aorazaki?)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
In Falcon dittos, you are not easy to beat.. I can tell falcon mains are hella good at falcon dittos. =) I'm alright at those but they all beat me.

DUB

Smash Lord
Just coming back to melee lately..

Got a controller question.

Is it more advantageous to use X and Y to jump rather then tap jump with Falcon?

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
I personally think Y is better since it's closer to B, but X is closer to the c-stick.

Whatever you're used to I geuss.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
x and y are clearly an equal distance from the c stick, just look at it

if by tap jump you mean the control stick, then yeah it is more advantageous because its almost impossible to get full short hop horizontal distance using the control stick

tubes

Smash Ace
Just coming back to melee lately..

Got a controller question.

Is it more advantageous to use X and Y to jump rather then tap jump with Falcon?
If you aren't already use to either button then use Y. If you are already use to X though then don't bother switching. The only thing Falcon ever needs to press B quickly for are flying falcon punches.

demodemo

Smash Ace
since we are discussing controller stuff

whattrigger do you waveland/wavedash with? which one is preferable? right now im wavedashing with R, wavelanding with L, and shield/roll/dodge l cancel with L. basically, the only thing i use R for is wavedashing

nothing is irreversible, i just started like two months ago anyway, so how do you guys use L/R?

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
It always feels like Falco's just don't play gay enough. Like, they really want to combo the **** out of Falcon because it's so easy and forget that they die instantly to any knee ever. If they just slowed down and thought for a minute they'd realize they can win by just pressing X and B repeatedly.

Yes scar, I use X, suck on that :p

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
x and y are clearly an equal distance from the c stick, just look at it

if by tap jump you mean the control stick, then yeah it is more advantageous because its almost impossible to get full short hop horizontal distance using the control stick
actually it's not that hard if your fingers are fast enough
what you do is tap up, and then you move the control stick fully to the left/right (depending on which direction you're jumping in) before you leave the ground

but my fingers arent fast enough to do this consistently >.< I really want to learn it tho, cuz jumping with the control stick and doing the arial with the c-stick is the fastest way to shffl c-stick arials.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
hey i don't play as C. falcon alot but i know you C. Falcon mains are masters at spacing and stuff. but how would you fight marth he out ranges you and he is fast and you don't really have lasers or fireballs so what would you do?

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
hey i don't play as C. falcon alot but i know you C. Falcon mains are masters at spacing and stuff. but how would you fight marth he out ranges you and he is fast and you don't really have lasers or fireballs so what would you do?
I think most Falcon players dash dance camp for a while and wait for Marth to make a move. Marth players will attempt to JC grab/dash cancel down tilt/nair/fair a Falcon who is dash dancing. If any of the above attacks miss you...that is when you JC grab Marth and start attacking. So its really all about being patient on Falcon's part and waiting to punish Marth's mistakes and whatnot. Hope that helps. I'm sure actual Falcon players can give you more advice. XD

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
thank you i am trying to get a good anti marth plan for pichu and my ice climbers and i know C. Falcon can **** all so yeah.

so it's a bait and trap? lol i do that in about every match ,thank you random pichu taunts and power shielding(i use and abuse the pichu taunt and pichu can combo with with mario's fireball)

Top Bottom