• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

ryankam10

Smash Journeyman
falcon kick should see more competitive play - its really good for dodging grabs!! lol

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
u guys sux

xcept naka, hes cool

naka in (mexican)spanish btw means like dummy or stupid in a playful way

DippnDots

Feral Youth
i think it means bad *** man who had reddish-pink hair the first time i saw him. Falcon question, if captain falcon ever dies, do you think he'd falcon punch or raptor boost -> knee on any ghost hunter panzees who tried to disturb his slumber?

I mean, when you to bair -> knee people, do you have to hit them with the end of the hitbox closer to falcons body? I wish i had a picture to help explain this, but it always seems like i can never bair -> knee if i hit them with the end of his fist unless they really flub their DI. Is he secretly hitting them with his abs or something?

D

Deleted member

i think it means bad *** man who had reddish-pink hair the first time i saw him. Falcon question, if captain falcon ever dies, do you think he'd falcon punch or raptor boost -> knee on any ghost hunter panzees who tried to disturb his slumber?

I mean, when you to bair -> knee people, do you have to hit them with the end of the hitbox closer to falcons body? I wish i had a picture to help explain this, but it always seems like i can never bair -> knee if i hit them with the end of his fist unless they really flub their DI. Is he secretly hitting them with his abs or something?
bair to knee is a myth and only works if opponent screws up DI big time

reverse bair to knee though is a different story, most people will survival DI that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onxuy4wz178#t=5m21s

I believe in a spacey stomp situation at 60-80~ percent, i think its the best, if not the best option if you reverse b-air them since if they DI away they get owned and if they survival DI you can combo into knee which is pretty much guaranteed kill

up-air sux if they anti survival DI and you let them get away,

knee/reverse knee is pretty good but people are better at telling which way its gunna go now and survival DI accordingly

Reverse b-air is tricky though to learn i kinda suck at it but its worth your investment

Divinokage

Smash Legend
What Bair to knee definitely works.. I mean its either the guy gets ****ed up off stage or a knee lands.. Well it really depends on the characters I suppose. I'm used to Falcon/Ganon and Falcon Dittos so it definitely works.

D

Deleted member

mainly situational based on stage positioning.. but the group of people i play with will anti combo DI the back-air if it isn't reversed

anyways, people should start reverse b-airing i think its the new reverse knee in terms of ******

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Why doesn't Europe have amazing Falcons? Seriously. PAL gentlemans are sooooo much easier. Of course they'd suck at it when coming to America, but still... why don't we have many amazing Falcon vids to watch from over there?

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Well spacies are nerfed, Sheik can't downthrow gey Falcon all match. His competition is worse. It seems plausible for him to do much better at their tournaments.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
The spacey nerfs seem less relevant vs. Falcon than most and I'd imagine Sheik could still be relatively effective with dthrow since it's all tech chasing vs. Falcon anyway. Besides, the real issue with Falcon seems to be a lack of good moves that come out quickly and that one hasn't been fixed.

tl;dr, he's probably relatively better due to other character nerfs, but it doesn't fix what's really wrong with the Sheik, Fox, Falco, and Jiggs matchups.

I'm more surprised that Jiggs isn't dominant over there. All the top tier nerfs seem hugely relevant in her matchups and she's unchanged iirc.

D

Deleted member

there is nothing wrong with any falcon matchup (except perfect shieks, luckily none exist where i live). While Falcon has roughly 0 good matchups, they are still bearable.

all you need to do is be better than your opponent. Pure outplaying and nothing else (or very lucky tech reads). To succeed with falcon u need to improve your gameplay in every way possible to stand a chance or you will sit at 15th place out of 27 at every tourney

people should also use up-b like mango while techchasing on platforms. all too often people will miss their aerial tech chase and the enemy will get away safely by blocking with their shield unless you up-b and get 16%

D

Deleted member

yea

or you can become a top tier falcon and get top 5 consistently even without a lucky bracket

edit: yea 15th may not exist but do i really give a ****

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
people should also use up-b like mango while techchasing on platforms. all too often people will miss their aerial tech chase and the enemy will get away safely by blocking with their shield unless you up-b and get 16%
screw that, i would rather try to keep the pressure on then setting everything back to a neutral position

full jump dair > up-b all day

unless theyre at like 100billion percent

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, spacies aren't much worse but I think the Sheik dthrow would be significantly less effective with tech chasing since they get knocked so far away.

We need some European input on that.

UpB platform techchasing is decent at 80%ish, pretty good at 120% where it sets up an easy edgeguard.

kpm91

Smash Cadet
holy crap i was just randomly playing against the computer on corneria nd i was falcon and i got trapped underneath the ship where the shooters are and i just started stomping on it and then the shooters blew up and i fell threw and now the shooters dont work for the remainder of the match. did anyone else know about this?????!!!

Kisses

Smash Cadet
holy crap i was just randomly playing against the computer on corneria nd i was falcon and i got trapped underneath the ship where the shooters are and i just started stomping on it and then the shooters blew up and i fell threw and now the shooters dont work for the remainder of the match. did anyone else know about this?????!!!
no i think you should go make a new thread about this, it seems really useful ;)

D

Deleted member

i think after 40 percent its great since an aerial on a shield which 95% of players will do is 0 % while up-b is 16% and after 40 they are knocked away enough

too dangerous to use though constantly unless u know you will hit them

Firoki

Smash Rookie
Alright, so i'm at HERB 3 for my 1st tourney and having no space animal experience, the SHFFL'd aerial to shine shield pressure is killing me. My natural instinct is to grab when they land after shielding the aerial, but I always eat a shine.

What can I do to prevent this?

n1000

Smash Journeyman
if you're gonna grab, grab after the shine scrub! You're better off rolling away most of the time unfortunately.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
If they waveshine a lot then stomp out of shield ***** them hard. If they're smart and spam aerials and get behind you to spam more aerials and uptilt... you're ****ed. You have to roll, and better players will expect that and punish. It's best to just not shield and dodge attacks instead.

`DNS`

Smash Lord
so before i was playing as falcon vs fox on YS
i stomped him on the left platform and he hard DI'd it to the right
he went up pretty high, i wavelanded onto the middle platform and ran off for a dropzone knee
**** was SO cash

Top Bottom