• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar Is Moving To NorCal!

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
If you like drinking and other stuff we'll be good friends.

If you're an annoying figgit, well that just plain sucks.

Looking forward to meeting you.

joeplicate

Smash Master
you're still mad?
naw dude LOL

the one thing that slightly annoys me is when people treat smash like a spectator sport (especially my matches)

like "ohhhh" or "daaaamn," even if it's just appreciating someone's skill (or appreciating how someone got ****ed up), seems like putting the players on a pedestal.

people are just people, man. and even if they're super good, they're just people playing the game.

it's a pet peeve of mine when people don't try to understand that and will just sort of think of matches as mindless entertainment, instead of trying to see what makes players good. watching people play to get ****ed up is like watching american idol for the bad singers; if you were a serious singer, you wouldn't really be doing that.

plus, for me there's no shame in getting beaten (badly) by players who are significantly better than me. i'm not gonna blow up at justin when he beats me, because he won his first tournament in 07 before i even started going to tournaments

idk if that makes much sense, but that's sort of how i feel about it, and why i got "mad" in the first place lol. (especially when everyone knows my standard-*** fox inside and out.) hopefully it's sort of understandable why i got annoyed

plus i was zoning out watching a match and you just happened to be standing in front of me

i wasn't glaring at the back of your head with hatred or anything hahaha, that might've looked weird

The GERM

Smash Ace
Welcome to Cali and the Fresh Coast Scar. We will be all kinds of playing as soon as my finals are done :)

Let's do a recap of all the past and present C. Falcon mains in Norcal shall we...

Isai
SilentSpectre
Clod-Zero
Geo
Nemesis
Azn Danny

....Scar

pockyD

Smash Legend
naw dude LOL

the one thing that slightly annoys me is when people treat smash like a spectator sport (especially my matches)

like "ohhhh" or "daaaamn," even if it's just appreciating someone's skill (or appreciating how someone got ****ed up), seems like putting the players on a pedestal.

people are just people, man. and even if they're super good, they're just people playing the game.

it's a pet peeve of mine when people don't try to understand that and will just sort of think of matches as mindless entertainment, instead of trying to see what makes players good. watching people play to get ****ed up is like watching american idol for the bad singers; if you were a serious singer, you wouldn't really be doing that.

plus, for me there's no shame in getting beaten (badly) by players who are significantly better than me. i'm not gonna blow up at justin when he beats me, because he won his first tournament in 07 before i even started going to tournaments

idk if that makes much sense, but that's sort of how i feel about it, and why i got "mad" in the first place lol. (especially when everyone knows my standard-*** fox inside and out.) hopefully it's sort of understandable why i got annoyed

plus i was zoning out watching a match and you just happened to be standing in front of me

i wasn't glaring at the back of your head with hatred or anything hahaha, that might've looked weird
let me get this straight

you got mad at me because i was having fun watching the match instead of saying "wow, excellent dash dance to bait that whiffed neutral air to get the grab that he needs in the matchup!" regardless of what i was actually thinking

at the same time, i'm sure that if i had been talking "real" trash instead of simply saying "wow" or "that was cool" or laughing intermittently, you would've laughed it off. i didn't even put you down at all, as i barely even said anything substantial

really weird double standard

i appreciate "what makes players good" as much as anybody; i just try not to be a blowhard and show off my "knowledge" when everyone else already knows what's going on, which was you getting whooped

i wasn't a commentator, just a spectator, but you're mad at me for spectating. sorry that not everyone goes to tournaments or watches matches for the same reason you do. i'm there to have a good time, not to take notes

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
I did notice the more I drank at hub house the more joe ***** me. I think there's some kind of trend there, but I can't put my finger on it.

In any case, smash is a spectator sport and if you think otherwise.... well I just don't know then. You are however, mad.

practice_mAn

Smash Journeyman

i dunno what you're talking about!!!

the funnest thing to do at a smash tournament is watch people who place really low (like myself) until they do something pretty cool, then saying "daaaaaaaamn he's sooooooo gooooooood"

and walking away

I think I got that from jkun though LOL

I remember at this one tournament, it was grand finals Lucky vs Dehf. No one talked the entire set

although there was some really amazing stuff that made me want to scream...

DJMirror

Smash Master
@ practice man

i do it cuz it's to encourage people to play the game more and bring more hype

so even during tournament matches, if i play someone that's lower then me and he's get that one fsmash after a dozen try, I just go "wow that was a nice hit"

That set was at BIC 909 tournament where Boba host a tournament in a church

I was busy playing friendlies to notice grand final

frotaz37

Smash Lord
naw dude LOL

lol.. Joe. When I lose I also make up bull**** reasons for being mad and try to play it off like it's not just the fact that I got destroyed that's pissing me off.

But in the end everyone knows you're full of ****.

Adam M!

Smash Lord

sounds like a personal problem -- more like, "zomg they are not in total congruence with my perspective on this game, this SLIGHTLY annoys me"

but in the end i believe you when you say you're not mad, people just like to project

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
we should all just pick a unanimous day to get ****ed up on smashboards

then **** every thread with drunk/high posts

i'm serious
I'm sorry but this just ****ing cracked me up and I can't believe I didn't read it before.

Scenario 1: ****load of smashers get drunk/high by themselves to mega post on the boards.

Scenario 2: ****load of smashers get together to get drunk/high to mega post on the boards.

Worst idea in the history of ideas. Lol I'm gonna cry right now this **** is so funny hahahahaha.

Top Bottom