• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SC -- SC, Where You Been!? -- Date: 3/13/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
Let me just say that during all my time playing in smash tourneys, this tourney was the most mentally and physically straining one I have ever participated in. Before the singles tournament, I felt fine and had plenty of energy. However after winning difficult match #1 and difficult match #2, then losing #3 and #4(horribly), I was sooooo drained, I almost passed out on one of the chairs. Now I know somebody set me up. Who was the little devil that was draining my energy behind my back?

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Let me just say that during all my time playing in smash tourneys, this tourney was the most mentally and physically straining one I have ever participated in. Before the singles tournament, I felt fine and had plenty of energy. However after winning difficult match #1 and difficult match #2, then losing #3 and #4(horribly), I was sooooo drained, I almost passed out on one of the chairs. Now I know somebody set me up. Who was the little devil that was draining my energy behind my back?
Spy was sappin your sentry.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
I noticed that too, I wonder what made you crash out so easy lol

Cory.

Smash Journeyman
rob is a tough matchup for me.. i used to beat your rob with ddd because you didnt camp.. but if you keep it up i will never beat you again so good ****

stingers

Smash Obsessed
kale approach by walking and ps everything. make sure ur looking at the ROB and not at yourself or some random point on the stage. rob's projectiles are so easy to ps because theres so much startup as long as you're paying attention to the ROB. and once you get close he's gonna have to run away because he can't beat you close range. thats when you chase him and maybe get a grab, maybe not. you don't have to run, just walk (you wont trip and you have a lot more control, like you can ftilt and stuff) and shield. then grab and if you get him offstage rob has to go REALLY low to not get bair walled and if he does that then just grab the ledge and punish when he tries to come back up (but not by trying to beat out his rising nair/uair, cuz thats what he'll do. bait the rising nair/uair then punish, dair would be nice because its disjointed so you have room for error). i'd say DDD is rob's only genuinely just bad MU outside of MK.

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
I noticed that too, I wonder what made you crash out so easy lol
You have no idea how dead I was. Just ask kack how difficult our third game was for him. I've never experienced anything like that before, it's kinda scary just cuz I don't know what caused it or how to prevent it.

perhaps we should have a TvC tournament hee hee hee...

Cory.

Smash Journeyman
@ stingers i was doing that but it seems like every time i got close enough to grab he got a down smash off

and bad match up? i dont get it just because ddd has a chaingrab its bad?

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
kale approach by walking and ps everything. make sure ur looking at the ROB and not at yourself or some random point on the stage. rob's projectiles are so easy to ps because theres so much startup as long as you're paying attention to the ROB. and once you get close he's gonna have to run away because he can't beat you close range. thats when you chase him and maybe get a grab, maybe not. you don't have to run, just walk (you wont trip and you have a lot more control, like you can ftilt and stuff) and shield. then grab and if you get him offstage rob has to go REALLY low to not get bair walled and if he does that then just grab the ledge and punish when he tries to come back up (but not by trying to beat out his rising nair/uair, cuz thats what he'll do. bait the rising nair/uair then punish, dair would be nice because its disjointed so you have room for error). i'd say DDD is rob's only genuinely just bad MU outside of MK.
I'm not precisely a rob expert but, I would add that just having a feel for his range and his attacks in general goes a long way.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
rob will always try to bair ddd then camp because at higher levels nothing else is safe lol...robs ftilt gets shielded, and if you're letting the rob dsmash you you're just not doing it right...that just shouldn't work, plain and simple...if he's doing it after a spotdodge then just dont try to punish the spotdodge, punish afterwards...ppls habits are fun to exploit

rob loses b/c he can't get back onstage reliably after a cg, and rob has no way to safely land moves besides gyros and lasers :(

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
You have no idea how dead I was. Just ask kack how difficult our third game was for him. I've never experienced anything like that before, it's kinda scary just cuz I don't know what caused it or how to prevent it.

perhaps we should have a TvC tournament hee hee hee...
Roll all DAY!

wtf is nexus talking about?

we got a ****ing psychic vampire targeting him or something?
SHIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTT I hope not

That aint team edward.
Edward is gay anyway lol

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Well, when the ice climber main invites you in to his house to play brawl... you always look at the clock and awkwardly sigh... and say something along the lines of... "I dont know man, its ... pretty late."

that happened to me after this tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom